[pnpgm] Game Update #126

John Haight sang_real at msn.com
Sat May 20 17:38:26 CEST 2017

[After everyone is safely gathered on the other side of the lava pit]

   More than one had suffered serious burns in the act of crossing and Arawn moved to address the injuries as best he could. He started with Fremea, his mundane skills better suited to healing the fae, but cast an eye to the other wounded before landing on the shape-shifter.

   "Raki, how are you doing? I'm inexperienced in healing your kind but I'll do what I can for you if you're unable to regenerate your wounds."

[OOC: As this would occur around the time that Mae discovered her neck-wound has healed and the others have noticed signs of aging, are any other wounds (including from the lava) showing signs of having healed?]

------------

[In the hallway where the projected image is speaking to the party]

   "It gives recorded responses to what's needed?," Arawn said, repeating Raki's words back to the shifter. "What questions have you asked of it and what answers has it given?"

------------

[To the projection]

   "I am a child of Payan and Morrigan," he said, addressing the image and holding the Cryx aloft for it to see. He imagined it would sense this or else, on the other end of things, not care but he said it nonetheless in case some benefit might occur for it. "And we ask for guidance."

[Before the yellow flash of light Arawn will ask these questions in hopes of acquiring answers from the image]

- Chosen:

    "Who are the Chosen Few and how are they determined? What help can you give the Chosen?"

- Challenges:

    "How many challenges are there? What is the first challenge? Can you describe the others?"

- Cryx:

    "What is the purpose and powers of the Cryx? How can it help us to overcome the challenges?"

- Wards:

    "What is the difference between partially ending a ward and allowing one person through? And must the challenge be repeated each time per individual chosen to be allowed to pass through?"

   "When you say that 'if we use it to allow passage of our fellow beings it will allow that as it deems', what do you mean by 'it deems'? Do you, the ward, or the challenger decide this?"

- Other Questions:

   "What can you tell us of this 'journey of a lifetime"?

   "Are you self-aware?"

   "What is the significance of the runes on the wall beside you?"

   "Who is safe from being harmed by the beams fired from the crystals?"

[When Raki looks back for a second]

   "What is it?"

[When the yellow flash occurs and the party members feel a tingling in our minds]

   As he returned to his senses Arawn's first reaction was to scan the surroundings. The mental effect caused him to quickly ponder the possibility that the entire scene before the party might prove to be one held in their mind, the first of the challenges. His hope was that a hint might exist in the form of discrepancies, the insight adding to any effort to break through the psychic hold.
   But of course there was the very real possibility all of this was occuring in the physical realm and the effects of the yellow flash something different to be pondered later. So as he extended his senses over the environment he addressed the party as Unali and Dorhak moved to investigate the tunnel behind them.

   "If necessary we can see to breaking through the red-hot wall we passed earlier, flooding the lower level with lava. This should deter pursuit, forcing them to find another way around. And should the lava rise enough to threaten us then it's my hope that the Cryx's crystal matrix can block off the tunnel behind us to prevent or slow the lava flow.
   But let's see if we can find another option for now."