[pnpgm] Game Update #112 - File #797 - Changes and Revelations

John Haight sang_real at msn.com
Tue May 16 02:20:02 CEST 2017

   FYI, not sure what's up with the main game site but I keep linking to Adventure 6, even through the PnP site.

----------

   The odd sensations Arawn had felt, through both his physical and spiritual senses, caused the alfar a growing unease. It was the rumble of uneasy earth, the elemental forces grumbling and he worried what it presaged. Dorhak, who remained up front and at a distance, seemed comfortable enough though the druid wondered if he should call out for the dwarf to share his thoughts.

   "The earth grows uneasy... troubled," he finally uttered.

   "Dorhak, what do you make of this growing grumble and rumble?," he said, daring to raise his voice just enough to engage the dwarf in the dark confines of the tunnels.

----------

[Quote: Fuk approaches Arawn... "Can we trust him?"]

   Arawn, both sympathetic and empathetic, felt deeply for Raki in light of the horrors the shifter had both witnessed and endured. There was a part that wanted to offer comfort to the shape-shifter, to help him transcend the pain and loneliness he carried like a weighty stone. But knowing the malleable nature of thought he kept a certain level of cautious reservation while realizing that time would allow for truth to capture solidity. Nevertheless, he felt a strong bond with the shifter for Raki, in some ways was like himself, a seemingly pacifistic anomoly among his own people and now cast out into an alien world.

   "I cannot say so with absolute certainty but I think so, I think we can," he replied to Fuk. "I've shared his thoughts of loneliness and pain at the suffering he's witnessed. But more than that, as one ponders your question, I think we should ask ourselves, what evil goal might he have to gain from slaying his own kind and helping us?"

---------

   The elemental unease he had been feeling along the journey finally gave its answer as the party formed its plan to cross the heat-ravaged pit. He watched as Raki formed a bridge, unsure why the shifter didn't just fly the other party members across the chasm as he had done with Kell's body, but kept his mouth shut at that moment as he studied the area. One by one the party made the leap until the rumble gave its boisterous answer with a violent and fiery quiver.

[   As Mae struggled to maintain her grip he cast about, making sure he wasn't about to bump into another party member and risk toppling one or the other in the lava should he move forward. His goal was to reach for Mae, securing her while planting his feet to help keep her from sliding forward so that others could help aid her with the rope.

   If this wasn't an option then was prepared to attempt a casting of the Levitation spell if the man began to slip before others were able to help, hoping it would succeed and allow Fuk to rise from danger.

   Otherwise his last hope lay in the Cryx, remembering Zin's words that the sphere was not only a source of energy, likely working through his own form even now, but a source of protection from the fire. Should all else fail he might have to test this out, calling on the Cryx to somehow protect Fuk from falling.

   Should any PC's/NPC's not be at risk should Raki shapeshift he'll call out, "Raki, can you fly to Fuk?!"]