[pnpgm] Game Update #124 - File #878 - Bridge of Hope

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Sun May 7 03:55:15 CEST 2017

          Player        DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   FH.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Al.. Ma
   ...Kevin Newark..........Dorhak............Warrior.Normal/Dwarf....Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   W3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   W2.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   ...Don.Kerr..............Maelorna..........Dancer..Normal/Human....Fe
   ...Gilbert.Isla..........Mournath..........Sailor..Normal/Human....Ma
   R3 Panthera..............Pyandalgor........Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R3.Fukishtu.Newsome......Npc...............Chief...Normal/Human....Ma
   R3.Lucria.Cegra..........Npc...............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
      Fake-Kell/Raki........Npc...............Normal..Normal/Shaper...??
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra

       Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

       Game Update #124 sequence (file #878)

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           [The fire-breathing lizard]

           Arawn had hoped to move forward upon hearing of the...

           "A pity," he said in a hushed tone. "I had hoped to...
           ----------
           [Febris 9th, 5:01pm]

           [As Z'layha implores the party not to collect the items in
           the treasure
room]

           "Those you sacrificed to are not your gods. They are ...

           [Mae, after Fuk's outburst]

           Arawn had resisted the urge to respond to the man's...

           [Fuk discussing whether to alter Z'layha's memory]

           "It should be her decision, though it would be a ...

           [Z'layha's comment regarding not seeing the treasure in
           8 or 9
generations]

           "It's interesting that you can recognize that. It ...

           --------------

           Z'leyra's newly acquired phobia:

           If Arawn is aware/empathically senses that Z'leyra has
           this phobia he'll ask those looking about the treasure room,

           "If you find a crystal drinking vessel hand it to me. I
           might be able to cure Z'leyra of her condition."

           OOC: If one is found he'll swirl his topaz within it along
           with some water in an effort to create the potion needed to
           cure her of insanity/emotional curse.
           --------------

           At 300 ft tunnel [Quote: "But here the sound is a...

           OOC: I'm assuming you mean a low hum and are referring to
           the other shifters communicating but wanted to check just in
           case. Arawn would hate to leave human prisoners behind.

           --------------

           Plan of Escape: [when discussing which path to take and how to get

           Arawn couldn't help but reflexively raise an eyebrow.

           "Seriously?," he said incredulously, though in a...
         GM: Ack.  Well since I had no idea in which order you were
             in line hard to give details.  Why I asked marching
             orders from Z or others.  Aside form Raki/Dorhak in
             lead and Z in rear.  So its all random since not
             determined.  No.  Not aware of her phobia.  Low hum more
             a rumble.  It is too far to figure out if shifters or
             humans.  I know I'm surprised didn't want to cast a
             Hearing spell.  But would you understand the language? :)
             If it was words.

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           The lone shifter that had remained in the Middle World when
           all the others were imprisoned, did we determine if this was
           the shifter that impersonated Kiet? Or is he still running
           around the Middle World as far as we know?
         GM: Ack.  This is a GM must consult script question  But
             I don't think you have clearance.  :)  But no one
             has really worked on those details. :)

         From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
           "Dear Sister, these offerings were for our gods, not for thieves who
         GM: Ack.  How long do you take doing this searching
             for the flawless and best weapons?  I have a clock
             going and need to know before shifters start to
             roam looking for those who killed Zin.  Do you take
             30 sec?  1 minute?  2 minute?  Even talking ticks
             that clock down. With hundreds of shifters around
             if they start chasing folks its all over.  No matter
             how many you have in party it will be bad.   Look
             what was lost in attacking 3? Kell, Lucria, etc.    BTW
             technically the whole bridge thing with Kiet was
             not known by the party.  So I'm unsure how you and
             Arawn know this? :)

           [Febris 9th, 1635TH]
           [Time: 5:01 pm]

           [Earlier in Audience Chamber...]

             After Fuk vocally attacks Mae.

             Arawn had resisted the urge to respond to the man's outburst
           when it happened. The impact of Lucria's death and Mae's reveal
           was too fresh and the scene too dangerous to afford an
           explanation. So at that time he only allowed for their eyes to
           meet, his own reflecting a calm coolness, as he nodded to a
           future conversation. But Mae was another story, the alfar
           sensing that she was not as closed off as the inspector. He
           maintained his silence but laid a gentle hand on above her
           balled fist when no one was looking. It was brief but conveyed
           sympathy as he hoped that it might allow  her to relax, if
           only a bit.

           [Moments before arriving in Treasure room...]

             Arawn had hoped to move forward upon hearing of the fire-
           breathing creature but it was already too late, Dorhak having
           already stepped around the bend to face it. By the time he
           managed to squeeze past the others the deed was done, the
           creature lying still upon the stony ground.

             "A pity," he said in a hushed tone. "I had hoped to commune
           with it. It might be native or even sent here by the gods to
           help contain the other shifters here. If we run into another
           I would like the opportunity to see if we can gain its aid."

             He then moved to examine the remains, a quiet prayer on his
           lips as he did so, moving quickly as he knew time was of the
           essence.

             Raki ignores the creature, "native they were here when
           we came here.  There are fire insects as well. But
           not everything is friendly."

           [At the tribute cave...]

             As Z'layha collects herself and returns Fuk speaks
           to Arawn about helping the Shaman.

             "It should be her decision, though it would be a poor one,
           I think. Aside from the violation if done without her
           approval there is the fact that some measure of the truth
           should exist within the Moss Fortress. I think such a place
           came into being for a reason, when the truth was still out
           there. But likely time had muddled this and look at the trouble
           it has caused. Secrecy should still cover this place but those
           who guard, at least some, should be aware lest they once again
           accidentally allow those within a chance to escape."

             "But I will seek guidance on this after our escape."

             Z'layha returns to the cave after getting sick.

             Z'layha is shocked by the looting of the tributes.

             "Those you sacrificed to are not your gods. They are not
           your dead," he said, gently, for he knew she was undergoing
           shock - a long held belief now being shaken as truth entered
           her mind. He knew in the aftermath of their escape that it
           would be a severe test of her mettle and faith and hoped she
           would be able to grow from it instead of being swallowed up
           by her doubts. "This is a prison, one I can tell you more of
           after our escape."

             "Know, these items were offered with sacred intent but did
           not arrive to those you might have imagined. So take them back
           now and find a good and noble use for them, even cleansing them
           to offer in service to those you do worship. Or to help your
           people for there is damage to be undone by the mischief of the
           lone shifter in the Middle World after our return."

             Raki cocks his head to hearing that last sentence.  But
           he remains silent for now.

             Z'layha comments on not seeing some items for a long time.

             "It's interesting that you can recognize that. It must be
           the design. Perhaps we can discuss the significance later, if
           you're then so inclined."  Arawn commented as he stashes
           loot in bags.

             Z'layha frowns, "each generation crafts things differently.
           It is a matter of history."

             "Dear Sister, these offerings were for our gods, not for
           thieves who didn't even value them. Let us return what we can
           to those who do value them. Help us carry out the best of the
           gems, jewels and other items." So saying Z'leyra tries to make
           sure that any flawless gems and the best of the jewelry gets
           carried by her or someone in the party. Any needing weaponry
           she will push to take the finest weapon of the type they can
           use.

           [The open 'window' to large cavern]

             Raki discloses news of a second way past.

             Arawn couldn't help but reflexively raise an eyebrow.

             "Seriously?," he said incredulously, though in a very
           quiet voice, not daring to risk being overheard by any nearby
           shifters. "We have a shifter who can turn into stone and
           whose transformations are not overly limited by mass."

             "Raki can form himself into a bridge of sorts to allow us
           to bypass either the hall or the lava pit, although I would
           prefer the latter considering how sharp the shifters senses
           are."  Arawn speaks up on this topic.

             "Raki, our magics are hindered here. Normally we could
           teleport us out. Or go invisible and levitate out. But I have
           lost many of my magical tools and I cannot reliably cast magic
           here. Is Arawn correct? Can you make a bridge that can conceal
           us and get us out of here?"  Z'leyra adds to the topic of
           bridges.

             Raki cocks his head a odd gesture he learned from Kell's
           memory.  "I had...not considered that."

           Actions? Comments?

           Next Update.. Wednesday...

           GM: A short update.  I got some posts this afternoon and
               they were big as well as emails.  So the last minute
               stuff delayed things.  I could've done work Friday
               but nothing was around till today.  It is now almost
               10pm and tired.  So will end it for now here.  I
               assume the lava tunnel is the route taken?  If so
               will tick those seconds away in my private clock.  Each
               word spoken and each item searched takes time  But
               then again time is relative.  :)

               This week may be hectic.  I'll be off Thursday for
               a college graduation.  So I could do a Friday update
               then or Wednesday if enough posts/time.  I will
               assume the lava tunnel though so will move there
               unless stated otherwise.  I may swap a day Tue/wed for
               Thursday so if I do Wednesday then might delay things.
               Just won't know till probably Monday.  So update
               will go out when I can.

           GM: Treasure.
               Deadline reached.  I think I mentioned the deadline. :)
               So 'heaps' of treasure will be some random factor since
               not a exact amount.  Since only the below posted
               aside from 2 others in private emails those posted
               will get the treasure.  The bulk will be left behind.

               I'll be kind and extend it till Tuesday.  But keep
               in mind you need to let me know how long you spend
               looking for specific loot than stuffing bags  Keep
               in mind I think aside from Unali/Fremea not many
               bags around.

               Dorhak: grab jewelry, jewels (no gold at all on room)
               Mae   : belt, 1 random necklace
               Fuk   : heaps of jewels and jewelry

               Party/Magical items grabbed:
                 Metal Helmets:       4