[pnpgm] Game Update #123

John Haight sang_real at msn.com
Sat May 6 20:37:20 CEST 2017

[The fire-breathing lizard]

   Arawn had hoped to move forward upon hearing of the fire-breathing creature but it was already too late, Dorhak having already stepped around the bend to face it. By the time he managed to squeeze past the others the deed was done, the creature lying still upon the stony ground.

   "A pity," he said in a hushed tone. "I had hoped to commune with it. It might be native or even sent here by the gods to help contain the other shifters here. If we run into another I would like the opportunity to see if we can gain its aid."

   He then moved to examine the remains, a quiet prayer on his lips as he did so, moving quickly as he knew time was of the essence.

-----------

[Febris 9th, 5:01pm]

[As Z'layha implores the party not to collect the items in the treasure room]

   "Those you sacrificed to are not your gods. They are not your dead," he said, gently, for he knew she was undergoing shock - a long held belief now being shaken as truth entered her mind. He knew in the aftermath of their escape that it would be a severe test of her mettle and faith and hoped she would be able to grow from it instead of being swallowed up by her doubts. "This is a prison, one I can tell you more of after our escape."

   "Know, these items were offered with sacred intent but did not arrive to those you might have imagined. So take them back now and find a good and noble use for them, even cleansing them to offer in service to those you do worship. Or to help your people for there is damage to be undone by the mischief of the lone shifter in the Middle World after our return."

[Mae, after Fuk's outburst]

   Arawn had resisted the urge to respond to the man's outburst when it happened. The impact of Lucria's death and Mae's reveal was too fresh and the scene to dangerous to afford an explanation. So at that time he only allowed for their eyes to meet, his own reflecting a calm coolness, as he nodded to a future conversation.
   But Mae was another story, the alfar sensing that she was not as closed off as the inspector. He maintained his silence but laid a gentle hand on above her balled fist when no one was looking. It was brief but conveyed sympathy as he hoped that it might allow her to relax, if only a bit.

[Fuk discussing whether to alter Z'layha's memory]

   "It should be her decision, though it would be a poor one, I think. Aside from the violation if done without her approval there is the fact that some measure of the truth should exist within the Moss Fortress. I think such a place came into being for a reason, when the truth was still out there. But likely time had muddled this and look at the trouble it has caused.
   Secrecy should still cover this place but those who guard, at least some, should be aware lest they once again accidentally allow those within a chance to escape."

   "But I will seek guidance on this after our escape."

[Z'layha's comment regarding not seeing the treasure in 8 or 9 generations]

   "It's interesting that you can recognize that. It must be the design. Perhaps we can discuss the significance later, if you're then so inclined."

---------------

Z'leyra's newly acquired phobia:

   If Arawn is aware/empathically senses that Z'leyra has this phobia he'll ask those looking about the treasure room,

   "If you find a crystal drinking vessel hand it to me. I might be able to cure Z'leyra of her condition."

   OOC: If one is found he'll swirl his topaz within it along with some water in an effort to create the potion needed to cure her of insanity/emotional curse.

At 300 ft tunnel [Quote: "But here the sound is a bit diferent. A low human is heard. Concentrating it almost sounds like whispers."]

   OOC: I'm assuming you mean a low hum and are referring to the other shifters communicating but wanted to check just in case. Arawn would hate to leave human prisoners behind.

Plan of Escape: [when discussing which path to take and how to get past the risks involved with both]

   Arawn couldn't help but reflexively raise an eyebrow.

   "Seriously?," he said incredulously, though in a very quiet voice, not daring to risk being overheard by any nearby shifters. "We have a shifter who can turn into stone and whose transformations are not overly limited by mass."

   "Raki can form himself into a bridge of sorts to allow us to bypass either the hall or the lava pit, although I would prefer the latter considering how sharp the shifters senses are."