[pnpgm] Does a 1 save?

d kerr megumimika at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 13:01:58 CEST 2017

I'm still giggling over it, I guess my teasing Scott about "DM's a wimp" or
my all time favorite "DM's a Wuss!." went too far. :)  I expected the
character to die, as Mae is a newbie character, she is effectively a wet
behind the ears adventurer (although wet in other places as well, damn it
Zin give me a chance to breath for Court's sake!") in order for Scott to
make it challenging for the longer established characters in the group the
newbies are very susceptible to a quick and (I haven't a clue if the shaman
whatever spell is painful or not) brutal end.

Scott already said I have to ask for help for Mae to have one of the
shamanic characters to bring her back.  Ingame at least, I don't see one of
them, after having no qualms about killing, would deign to lower themselves
to bring the character back to life.  Honestly, there doesn't seem to be
any help for her, considering if she is brought back, her first few actions
will be to repay in kind the same type of sucker punch to the one that
killed her.

So far, this is playing out more like a Paranoia adventure, I'm just
waiting for the vulture squadron to show up to mow down, er "escort" the
remains of the group to debriefing with friend computer and wake up the
next set of clones.

No, I don't want Mae dead, took me long enough to get the character built
(3-4 weeks if I remember, as well figure out a plausible concept, but
mostly trying to figure out the rules that I still am struggling with).
However, she will most likely wind up dead again as the epic level shamanic
sister wipes the floor with her.  Simply as Mae will indeed try to kill
her, if only to use her skull as chamber pot.