[pnpgm] Partial Game Update

John Haight sang_real at msn.com
Thu Mar 2 19:13:41 CET 2017

OOC: A bit delayed on sending out updates as I've been very busy lately but just thought I'd send this out to help the PC's have a sense as to what's going on/how to prepare, especially with knowing that magic might be hampered here.

[ Mae: "Ok, did someone call us here or did we do something to be brought here?" she asks, finding that the oppressive heat isn't a true bother at all.  She looks at Arawn, "I didn't do anything this time, I swear.  No summoning, I swear it." ]

   Arawn, who's attention seemed directed towards taking in the scene in its entirity, nodded.

   "I know," he quietly responded. "Powerful forces sent us to the fortress, at the time when the altar would activate, I believe. But I'll get into that in a bit."

[ Z'leyra: If she can't, she will step back from the lava and ask, "How ....what happened? How did we get here?"]

   "The altar, I believe, during a timed period of sacrifice. Someone went to a great deal of trouble to see us arrive here so now we'll have to figure out, why?"

[ After Arawn scans the cavern and notices the power dampening ]

   "This reminds me a bit of the Vong, the aura of things dampened or deadened. This is a place where magic or perhaps the divine connection is weakened or warped."

   "What is this place, Z'layha?," he asked as he began to strip down, the warm winter clothing threatening heat exhaustion or worse. "What is the altar... the black monolith in the capital... what is all of this about?"