[pnpgm] Game Update #119 !- File #839 - Shifter Combat 9+10

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Sun Apr 2 03:59:10 CEST 2017

  `        Player        DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   FH.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.......A.....Druid  .Normal/Al.. Ma
   ...Kevin Newark..........Dorhak............Warrior.Normal/Dwarf....Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   W3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   W2.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan..great.Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   ...Don.Kerr..............Maelorna..........Dancer..Normal/Human....Fe
   ...Gilbert.Isla..........Mournath....joke!.Sailor..Normal/Human....Ma
   R3 Panthera..............Pyandalgor........Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R3.Fukishtu.Newsome......Npc...............Chief...Normal/Human....Ma
   R3.Lucria.Cegra..........Npc...............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra

       Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

       Game Update #119 sequence (file #839)

       Admin Notes: None. !

         From Mae: [Re: Actions]
           I'm still giggling over it, I guess my teasing Scott about
           "DM's a wimp" or my all time favorite "DM's a Wuss!." went too
           far. :)Â  I expected the character to die, as Mae is a newbie
           character, she is effectively a wet behind the ears adventurer
           (although wet in other places as well, damn it Zin give me a
           chance to breath for Court's sake!") in order for Scott to make
           it challenging for the longer established characters in the
           group the newbies are very susceptible to a quick and (I haven't
           a clue if the shaman whatever spell is painful or not) brutal
           end.

           Scott already said I have to ask for help for Mae to have one
           of the shamanic characters to bring her back.  Ingame at least,
           I don't see one of them, after having no qualms about killing,
           would deign to lower themselves to bring the character back to
           life.  Honestly, there doesn't seem to be any help for her,
           considering if she is brought back, her first few actions will
           be to repay in kind the same type of sucker punch to the one
           that killed her.Â

           So far, this is playing out more like a Paranoia adventure, I'm
           just waiting for the vulture squadron to show up to mow down,
           er "escort" the remains of the group to debriefing with friend
           computer and wake up the next set of clones.

           No, I don't want Mae dead, took me long enough to get the
           character built (3-4 weeks if I remember, as well figure out a
           plausible concept, but mostly trying to figure out the rules
           that I still am struggling with).  However, she will most
           likely wind up dead again as the epic level shamanic sister
           wipes the floor with her.  Simply as Mae will indeed try to
           kill her, if only to use her skull as chamber pot.
         GM: Ack. Just remember GOD (Games Operational Director) or me
             is all knowing and all powerful.  So to dis me is to welcome
             pain and death. :)

         From Mae: [Re: Actions]
           OOOOOoooooOOOOO, OOOOOoooooOOOOO, OOOOOoooooOOOOO,
           OOOOOoooooOOOOO, OOOOOoooooOOOOO, OOOOOoooooOOOOO,

           Only those who remember Ultima Online might get the joke.  I
           just hope she didn't gank my gear.  Oh wait, damn it, she took
           my dagger. Don't care if she called it her dagger, it was laying
           there all innocent like and in need of being held and caressed..
           Damn it Zin, I told you, let me get a breath in.Â

           Oh, if someone can bring it to themselves to save me and get
           this lug off of me, I would be ever so grateful.Â
         GM: Ack.  For the record it was her dagger.  Initially I had
             used Unali's dagger made by Z'leyra.  But I forgot it was
             not fully 100% Kameran metal (thanks to Alex) so I needed
             a pure dagger and that was Z'layha's thus I replaced it
             and stated that in old update.

         From John: [Re: Actions]
           You're not the only one getting impaled right now, otherwise
           Arawn would be there to help...
         GM: Ack.
Impaled...hah!

         From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
           Grabbing her staff and summoning her willpower, Z'leyra
           casts Dispell on her curse. Then twirling the staff she
           advances on Mae saying in increasing volume " You, Dare,....
         GM: Ack. Staff?  You got Great Sword.  Staff is across the
             cave and that area smells really bad!

         From Fremea: [RE: Thrall]
           Fremea shakes her head and tries to get the room to stop
           spinning. Damn it all, how did that thing hit me? Well, now
           it is going to pay. She will cast Fascination (Max EL) to make
           it hers.
         GM: Ack.

         From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
           Oh, man.  We are in sooooo much trouble.

           As you've probably realized, your current  'Kiet' isn't 'your'
           Kiet. I've been working with Scott to add to the confusion by
           posting pseudo-Kiet's actions as if they were really mine.
           HOPEFULLY it worked to make this shifter really seem like
           the real Kiet.  But now you know why he was acting rather
           erratically.

           Just out of curiosity, who was fooled? Bid anybody figure out '
           Kiet' was a shifter?

           Next question...WHEN did Kiet get hijacked...?  Where is the
           REAL Kiet...?  Will any of us get out alive...?

           Dorhak AND Kell...?  Dead so quickly an no chance to save them...
           ? This sucks. Killing the newbies so quickly is rough, but Kell
           is a friend of Kiet's. Is there anything any of you can do for
           either or both of them?  Not so sure that bringing back Mae is
           a good idea...
         GM: Ack.  Yep.  You did a great job.  I'm really surprised
             no one figured it out?  The lava/gear stuff going tot he
             gear pile?  Kinda obvious to me. :) Course I'm the
             director and have the script.  As to the gear lost this
             was not David's idea.  We together randomly rolled
             based  on items around Fake-Kiet.  Then he just used
             that results  It was not personal.  Just how the bad
             guys think.  Hopefully real Kiet isn't in the lava!
             Kell is not a newbie and he may die. :<

         From Mae: [Re: Actions]
           'Daemynore' Maelorna blinked as she heard a name that ...
         GM: Ack. This is great rp stuff.  Creative.  But sadly a bit
             premature.  The spirit would not have escaped as this
             is a prison world and thus....good stuff though.  I had
             tried to skype with you on this but not online.

           [Febris 9th, 1635TH]
           [Time: 5:01 pm]
           [Unknown Location]
           [Audience Room - Current room]

           [Phase 9]

             Z'leyra hopes to cast a dispel upon her smelling curse.

             Fremea prepares mana for a fascination spell.  It seems
           Mae did well so figure a slave would do nicely.

             Z'leyra gestures and realizes the smell from her hands is
           very bad.  She speaks the words to cast a dispel on herself.
           But then she realizes this is not a Negate Curse and it does
           nothing but sound like pretty words.

             Fremea waves and gestures at the bull-shifter and casts
           her fascination spell.  Sadly the shifter's magical defense
           together with the plane they are on causes her to fail.

             Fremea shakes the daze from her mind and takes to the
           air she circles the shifter once and twice then hovering
           behind it stabs the thing's back.  But the thick hide of
           the shifter blocks most damage and she only does 4 points
           of damage.

             Unali charges toward shifter #3 which just dwarf tossed
           Dorhak out the window.  She rushes hoping to push the
           shifter out at the same time but the bulk of the shifter is
           too immense and its like shoving a wall.

             'Daemynore' Maelorna blinked as she heard a name that she
           couldn't resist.  How she got here, she wasn't sure, but one
           moment she was watching her pet get ready to tear into her meal,
           to finish it off. Now?  Maelorna found herself in a gothic
           cathedral, the center of which a bed had been set in the center.
           The black and red satin sheets undulated from the bodies
           underneath as moans could be heard like a perverse chorus.
           Lounging atop the sheets, a succubus flexed her bejeweled wing,
           revealing the cream coloured flesh of perfection.

             Maelorna felt the danger and tried to back up, but found she
           was unable to tear her gaze from the succubus, who's terrible
           beauty filling her mind, nothing else would ever compare.  The
           succubus's long black tresses fell down her back and framed her
           pale white face, while crimson eyes regarded Maelorna with a
           playful promise. 'Daeymenore' the voice sounded from everywhere.
           Maelorna felt her true name holding her firm.  Her human side
           wailed in terror as she knew who she beheld, the utterance of
           her name held her as surely as any bondage.

             'We see Our influence has taken hold.' as the succubus
           giggled playfully.  'Do we find you lacking?' the voice
           regarded Maelorna and laughter sounded from everywhere.  'Nay,
           like all our daughters, we can read the chaos in your essence
           and hunger in your eyes.  Little Daemynore, why are you here
           amongst your sisters?' it asked her, Maelorna couldn't answer,
           she had little understanding just where here was.  'Shall we
           give you another chance?  The mortals may help or hinder, but
           little Daemynore, delight is ours in seeing you again, but you
           are not ready to truly join your sisters.'

             Then reality sinks in as the released spirit of Mae flies
           in and out of walls and caves. The dream to head to the
           higher planes is not allowed it seems as this realm is
           a prison and leaving it that way would not be possible.
           She may be a spirit in this realm forever.  Never to get
           to the higher courts but only in her dreams.  She flies
           through caves of hundreds of shifters.  She pities the
           mortals who will have to deal with them.

             Then Mae's spirit which seems to have taken seconds or
           years emerges outside. The landscape all around is lava
           and badlands.  The sky  so hazy and gloomy.  Then she
           glances right and sees a small figure falling from the
           sky.  She flies toward it and sees it is the dwarf.
           she is amazed he lands on his shield.  Then bam a rock
           hits his head and he falls backwards.

             Mae hovers over the doomed dwarf.  She reaches out and
           tries to grab the dwarf but she is in spirit form.  A
           slight cackle slips her ethereal mouth.

             Shifter #3 turns to face Fuk and Unali.  He then grabs
           Fuk and twists and throws Fuk out the window.  Fuk tries
           to twist his sword to use as a brace on the window but it
           just causes the stone to break and part of the wall around
           the window to be thrown out with him.

             Fake-Kiet-Shifter reaches out with a spare arm and stabs
           Pyan in the back.  Then turns to Arawn and looks down at the
           Cryx.   Smiling he forms a small hole around it so the
           orb does not touch his flesh.

             Shifter #2 turns toward Fremea and with two new arms grabs
           the wings and with a third arm punches right at her head
           while holding her wings.  The force of the blow is enough
           to do 6 points to her head jerking it backwards.  Fremea goes
           limp and the shifter drops her to the ground.

             Zin continues to 'merge' with the unconsciousness Mae.  Red
           hair begins to form on top of Zin's head.  Zin's skin seems
           to take on the sheen of Mae as both merge.

             Arawn claws at Fake-Kiet as the shifter has his throat
           in a choke hole.  Knowing the strength is not on his
           side he decides to do a move he saw Unali do.  Using his
           body he lifts his legs and with both legs kicks the shifter
           right in the chest.  At the same instant the shifter
           loses his grip and Arawn falls to the ground.

             Mournath sees Unali and rushes to help her.  HE thrusts
           his spear at shifter #3 but the action is wild and he
           misses.

             Z'leyra grips her great sword forgetting it is not her
           staff and wonders why the metal smells like dwarf boots?

             Fuk falls out the window and begins a line of verbal
           profanities that would make Mae blush.  Then he sees
           a sinking Dorhak below.  If only he could land on him
           and bounce off the side.  There is a chance!

             Pyan falls to his knees from the backstab and feels
           cold from the wound.

             Suddenly from the open threshold to the west a
           shifter and a person that looks just like Kiet enters.
           It does look like Kiet?

             Dorhak looks up to see Mae.  What is she doing here?
           Why is she fully naked and very thin.  No wait.  She
           has no body?  Dorhak tries to grab her arm but his
           fingers slip through.  What is this about!

             Then Dorhak looks up and sees another person.  No
           its that constable fellow.  Maybe he can help!  No.
           Wait he is falling right for him!  Dorhak begins to feel
           the burn of the lava on his back as his skin melts.

             Fuk falls right through Mae's spirit and lands onto
           Dorhak forcing him into the lava deeper to his doom.
           Fuk fish tails and leaps off the dwarf's stomach to
           the ground only 3 feet away.  He makes it!  But his arms
           begin to swing as he tries to gain his balance.

             Dorhak yells a final curse as he falls under the lava.

             But the impact from Fuk's leap causes lava to spout
           upwards.  As Fuk kneels and laughs he feels a glob of
           lava hit the back of his neck.

             Z'layha watches as Zin has his fun.  This is not a good
           way to die.  The shaman creeps toward Zin.

           [Phase 10]

             Kiet sees a shifter doing something to a thing
           holding a shiny ball. Not seeing Arawn he does notice
           the shifter has his other ring.  He also looks just
           like him!  Raising his arm he fires his flame right at
           the shifter.

             The smokeless flame hits fake-Kiet and begins to burn
           the shifter.  The flames quickly do 22 points of damage
           but the shifter still stands!

             Z'leyra has a odd sensation .  the smells are now oddly
           conveying thoughts?  She can feel the thoughts of Mae.
           Did she just threaten her sister?  Maybe the Abysmal had
           a every worse effect then this smell nonsense.  Grabbing
           her great sword she charges toward Mae.  " You, Dare, To,
           Threaten, MY, SISTER!!!"

             Z'leyra towers over Mae and raises her great magical sword.
           Time to cut the head off of this beast!  But no the smell
           of Zin and the merging is distracting.  She lowers the
           boom and misses!  How could she miss.  She growls at
           Zin and wishes Mae got her bath indeed!

             Mae turns to watch Fuk.  This is a odd turn of events.
           She watches as lava drips down the back of Fuk's shirt
           and begins to catch on fire.  It almost reminds her of a
           a nice torture session or as some call it a sex torture
           dungeon.

             Unali wished she had her second dagger.  She stabs
           Shifter #3 doing 10 points of damage to his chest.

             Shifter #3 ignores Unali and touches Mournath.  In
           the time between eye blinks he learns Mournath has been
           frozen twice in the last few weeks.  The shifter figures
           why not change that patter.  With a hand now in the
           shape of a needle it punctures Mournath's neck and fills
           the sailor with bits of himself to paralyze the man.

             Shifter #2 looks down at Fremea.  Curious not having
           seen a Fae before he had hoped to play with her.  But
           it is time to leave.  So the shifter steps onto the head
           of Fremea smashing it.

             Shifter #5 sees Arawn and then glances to his new
           friend Kiet.  "I no longer require you."  With a new
           spear-hand he thrusts into the ribs of Kiet drawing
           12 points of damage.

             Arawn stands and thrusts the Cryx toward the now
           burning shifter.  Using his mental control he tries
           to convey to the orb to spread the burning and make
           his flesh harder to cope transmutating the skin.

             Fuk screams as the lava hits his back.  It burns
           through his main artery and he reaches out to stop
           the bleeding but yells out again as the lava de-fleshes
           his hand.  The pain is intense and he falls forward to
           the solid ground unconsciousness.

             Pyan notices Kell on the ground and doesn't want to
           be one of the dead.  He tries to stand and seeing the
           shifter burning sees his chance.  He stabs forward hoping
           to hit the shifter with his spear.  But he makes contact
           with something invisible.  Arawn yells out as he feels
           a spear ram his back.  Arawn takes 16 points of damage.
           Arawn figures being invisible is not always wise!

             Kell with ebbing strength looks up to see Kiet now with
           a large gap in his ribs.  Confused wasn't he behind him
           and just stabbed him?  Kell glances back to see burning
           Kiet and shakes his head.  This world is too weird and
           then feels blackness as the pain takes him out.

             Kiet looks to Kell-Shifter.  The one who seemed to have
           been his friend. He then sees Kell on the ground almost
           dead or close to it.  He smiles at least as the burning
           doppelganger burns.  Then he sags to his knees from the
           damage and grabs his side.  He then recalls the sword
           he took and prepares to take on the traitor.

             Z'layha with dagger in hand gets to the side of Zin's
           'head'.  She then thrusts the dagger into the right
           'eye'.  Then forces it into Zin's probable brain.  Zin
           screams and collapses onto of Mae.

             Mae's spirit then suddenly sees a hole open up in
           front of her.  It sparkles. Could this be the great
           beyond?  She flies toward the hole!

           Actions? Comments?

           Next Update.. Wednesday/

           GM:  Wow.  Some bad times for the players.  Maybe I made
                these shifters a tad too powerful?  Who will live
                Who will die?  Even I am unsure at this point.  Stay
                tuned for the next update.

           GM: Spells -

                  Player          Spell              Start  End
                 Z'leyra     Magical Boots - Speed   Ph 5   Ph 77
                 Arawn       Invisibility            Ph 5   Ph 25

           GM: Map - Audience Chamber

               1 Hex    = 10 feet
               1 Row    = 5 feet
               1 Column = 5 feet
               /I\ = North (Maybe)

          1         2         3
123456789012345678901234567890123456789
/########## ########################### A  # = Rock/Cave wall
\#  ``EA_/ 3\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \## B  @ = Altar (Arawn on top)
/# K`  P \_RU  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/ # C
\#_/` \__/  \__/@@@__/  \__/  \__/  \_# D  A = [B8 ] - Arawn
/ 5k__/  \__/  \@@@  \__/  \__/  \__/ # E  D = [???] - Dorhak
\ _/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_  F  F = [I15] - Fremea
/# \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/   G  K = [C4 ] - Kell
\#_/2 \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \## H  E = [B7 ] - Kiet
/# \F_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/ # I  U = [C13] - Unali
\#_/  \__/  \__/  \__  4\__/  \__/  \_# J  M = [L18] - Mae
/# \__/  \__/  \N_/  \__/  \__/  \__/ # K  R = [C12] - Mournath
\#_/  \__/  \__/ M1__/  \__/  \__/  \_# L  P = [C8 ] - Pyan
/# \__/  \__/  \Z_/  \__/  \__/  \__/ # M  Z = [Q18] - Z'leyra
\##/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_# N  G = [   ] - Fuk
/# \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/ # O  N = [K17] - Z'layha
\#_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_# P  ` = Pile of gear
/##\__/  \__/  \__/  ####  \__/  \__### Q
\###################################### R  k = Real Kiet ? [E4]

     Stone 'window' [A11/A12] - Closed
     Altar - 15x10 feet, Arawn's head toward West in center

     Exit - E2/E3   - Passage to ?
     Exit - F39/G39 - To Lava room assumed

     Ceiling - 8-12 feet high in places

     Lighting - mostly from lava room glare for eastern
     party of room.  Western side of room is darker but not
     pure dark.

     Shifters
     1 - Zin [L19]
     2 - #2  [H5 ]  Bull Creature
     3 - #3  [B12]
     4 - #4  [J24]
     5 - #4  [E3]

     Cryx - D17 Not shown but NW corner of table.  Think of
     a snowglobe glowing white/gray with a small pedestal a
     half inch or so under it.

     Whistle - Arawn's hand