[pnpgm] Future Adventure Votes

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Sun Oct 23 01:50:37 CEST 2016

    * Adventure #8 Vote

        I am interested to hear what you want to possibly see for
      Adventure #8. First a recap of what has been done in some
      fashion in the past.

      1. Adventure #1 - Climan base raid on Clima
      2. Adventure #2 - Zen'da plains/Vampire Ezam [Caladan's Adventure]
      3. Adventure #3 - Vassa/Lake Oca             [Strie'bog's Adventure]
      4. Adventure #4 - Dark Lands/Flying Castle
      5. Adventure #5 - Katai/Vong                 [Unali's Adventure]
      6. ADventure #6 - Donara                     [Fremea's Adventure]
      7. Adventure #7 - Ticasi/Kameran             ]Z'leya's Adventure]

        I have tried to center some of the adventures around certain
      characters.  This allows folks to get to know that person, some of
      their background and history.  I do this for an added fun benefit
      not just the basic plot.  It fleshes out the adventure a bit more.

        The PBEM started in 1999 and this next adventure will likely be our
      20th year.  After 20 years maybe it is time to retire from P&P?
      I don't know yet.  But retire at the top they say.  But in case
      this is the case this could be the last adventure.  So vote
      wisely.

        So who or what is next?

        Here is a quick roster:

        A. Arawn     - Active
        B. fremea    - Active
        C. Kiet      - Active
        D. Unali     - Active
        E. Z'leyra   - Active
        F. Kell      - Active
        G. Pyan      - Active but not a major poster
        H. Dorhak    - Active

        Possible future adventure ideas/settings:

        [If you do not recognize these characters see thePlayers of the
      Campaign file/link.]

      1. Xian - Where did Xian go?  What is he doing?  What is he up to?
         He left the party after adventure #3 some believe in search
         for details on his brother after finding Timon's necklace in
         the castle run by Vampire Exam.  Many details worked out already.

         Xian's adventure is a big mystery.  Xian is my personal character
         so I'd run it as a npc leader.

         Location: Marentia      Center on player: Xian [NPC]

      2. Wild Forest War - This adventure was in the works when Jordi was
         around.  It was one of his hopes to do.  I was intrigued by
         the idea and have outlined the adventure in my head.  It
         would involve hurting Clima and going to the Wild Forest.  Many
         details in general outline figured out.

         Location: Wild Forest   Center on player: Jordi [NPC]

         P.S. This has been appeneded in this last advenure nd
         details hinted at.    IF you guys recall Jordi's visit
         to Donara some details were given there.

      3. Adventure centered around Balrog the Thief.  No details yet
         but could figure them out.  Just to give this guy some
         flesh out time.  Balrog is a Thief from way back.

         Location: Marentia      Center on player: Balrog [NPC]

      4. Damon's adventure - Since he has his own ship now that sails near
         Marentia would likely be some quick ship based adventure.  No
         great details.

         Location: Marentia      Center on player: Damon [NPC]

      5. Aren'a adventure - We've seen Duke Aren on Adventure #1 and
         in minor scenes in #2.  Unali has dealt with him a great
         deal.  He has become a semi-benefactor of the party as a contact
         source for King Maros.  I would build an adventure around him.
         Would likely be centered in Marentia but travel could be likely.

         Location: Marentia/?    Center on player: Aren [NPC]

      6. Suresh's adventure - Suresh the spy retired after #1 to
         marry but he was a fun NPC and I could build something
         around him.  I would assume it to be Marentia but travel could
         be involved.

         Location: Marentia/?    Center on player: Suresh [NPC]

      7. Thig's adventure - He was a wild Faerry with his own belief
         in how to treat the world.  I could have him return for some
         quick adventure if interested.

         Location: Marentia/?    Center on player: Thig [NPC]

      8. Varange's adventure - Varange was seen in #1 at the end though
         many of the old original crew had a great deal of time with
         him over the years.  Since he is a direct Marshal of the
         Faerry people the adventure could in theory be anywhere.

         Location: Marentia/?    Center on player: Varange [NPC]

      9. Arawn's adventure - Why was Arawn thrown to the middle world?
         In theory this adventure should be done a bit later for Arawn
         after a few years in the Middle World to learn and handle things.
         But I can easily do an adventure centering around Arawn.  I
         can even do one that doesn't involve the original mystery of
         why he is here and can he return?  So it could be a separate
         adventure or the big one.  If its the big one it could involve
         travel to the Upper or Lower worlds in theory.

         Location: Marentia/?    Center on player: Arawn

     10. Ben'dar's adventure -I was going to do this when I did #2
         with Caladan.  Especially since his tribe was right there
         but Chris decided to wait.  He hasn't been so active as once he
         was so not sure if he'd be interested.  But the adventure would be
         one centering around his home tribe or a totally different one
         somewhere else.

         Location: Zen'da/?      Center on player: Ben'dar

     11. Farseeker's Adventure - Since he works for the Marentian
         military it could be related to that or something entirely
         different but likely would remain in Marentia.  Heck it could
         even in theory tie into a certain adventure run by a certain
         GM called Mark.

         Location: Marentia/?    Center on player: Farseeker

     12. Kell's adventure - Would be in Ba'ru and adventure details to
         be centered around family background unless Mark wished to
         do something else.

         Location: Ba'ru/?       Center on player: Kell

     13. Kiet's adventure - No great details yet but would likely be
         centered around his home on Lemasa or elsewhere.  If lemasa
         it could be right after #4 since right next to Katai.  Would
         be up to Kiet on what type of adventure he would want.

         Location: Lemasa/?      Center on player: Kiet

     14. Raban's adventure - Likely some adventure centering around
         the mystery of why a giant can fly for one thing?  Maybe
         some other aspects to possible family or maybe even just
         a simple bardic/Raban adventure nothing to do with family.
         Would be up to John to decide.  Likely would be around
         Marentia but not certain.

         Location: Marentia/?    Center on player: Raban

     15. Pyan's Adventure: An adventure around his homeland or something
         else?

         Location: Omavor area?  Center on player: Pyan

     16. Dorhak's adventure: An adventure around the Dwarf.  Ideas to
         be determined.

         Location: Unknwon       Center on player: Dorhak

     17. Mystery adventure - Something not covered above.  Something
         even a mystery to me as I've not figured it out.  Something
         not related to any particular person.  I have a few ideas
         in broad terms but not in great details for show here.

         Location: Marentia/?    Center on player: None?

     18. Other not listed above

     Comments:

       Three of the seven current players have already had advntures
     (Unali, Fremea and Z'leyra).  Course you could still vote for them
     again if you wanted.  But that leaves the others. So  you can choose
     a npc or pc based adventure.

     Notes:

     1. There is a aspect to adventure making when a party is as large
        as this current one.  It tends to direct one more to bigger
        things than smaller things.  Tougher groups to fight or
        harder things to do.  Currently we have 15 characters.  But
        we should/could lost - Caladan, Chion, Strie'bog, Whitney and
        Zhou.  We could lose Ben'dar and Kell if the players get too
        distracted or need further breaks?  So we could still be at
        a large 8-10 person group.  It is a better size group to deal
        with but less NPCs to serve as player help and such.  Of course
        the party can also pick up depending on the adventure 1-3 other
        NPCs.  Like adventure idea #1 would pick up Xian of course.  So
        these numbers could still vary from 8-13 likely.

     2. If an adventure is centered around a particular adventure I would
        hope that person remain active for that adventure.  Since ideas
        and plot would center around that character it would only benefit
        to get feedback.  So if you vote on your own adventure then
        please keep that in mind.

     3. Travel - Travel isn't a big factor as we have Chion but many
        of the adventures around 14 of the 20 would be around Marentia
        so wouldn't involve much travel.

     Rules:

     1. Vote on the adventure idea you want.
     2. Yes you can vote on your own adventure
     3. You can post comments/vote/suggestions to the list or to
        my personal email.
     4. Results of votes will be public and posted to this file and updated.
     5. Majority of votes will be winner if no clear majority then the
        one idea with the most votes.  You can change your vote as others
        come in.
     6. If you want to do 1 vote 3 or 5 that's fine with me.
     7. If no specific # is given and a vote of "any" or "dn't care" is
        given then the vote will go by default to the one with the
        most votes to help make it a majority.

     Vote:

       Active Characters currently playing who can vote -

       Arawn, Fremea, Kiet, Unali, Z'leyra, Kell, Pyan, Dorhak

       Number of possible votes: 8
       Clear Majority: 5 votes if none then most votes for one idea

      1. Xian's Adventure         Marentia          Xian
      2. Jordi's War              Wild Forest       Jordi
      3. Balrog's adventure       Marentia          Balrog
      4. Damon's adventure        Marentia          Damon
      5. Aren's adventure         Marentia/?        Aren
      6. Suresh's adventure       Marentia/?        Suresh
      7. Thig's adventure         Marentia/?        Thig
      8. Varange's adventure      Marentia/?        Varange
      9. Arawn's adventure        Marentia/?        Arawn
     10. Ben'dar's adventure      Zen'da/?          Ben'dar
     11. Farseeker's adventure    Marentia/?        Farseeker
     12. Kell's Adventure         Ba'ru ?
     13. Kiet's adventure         Lemasa/?          Kiet
     14. Raban's adventure        Marentia/?        Raban
     15. Pyan's adventure         Omarvor  ?        Pyan
     16. Dorhak's adventure       Unknown ?         Dorhak
     17. Mystery adventure        Marentia/?        None/?
     18. Other : Not listed       Unknown ?         Unknown

     Current Vote roster:

          Player     Vote           1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
                    idea #                                         0
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
     1.  Arawn                       I I I I I I I i I I I I I I I I I I I
     2.  Fremea                    I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I
     3.  Kiet                           I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I
     4.  Unali                         I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I
     5.  Z'leyra                       I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I
     6.  Kell                            I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I
     7.  Pyan                          I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I
     8.  Dorhak                       I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I

     Updated: 10/22/16

Ok. That chart mis aligned oh well...