[pnpgm] Game Update #48 - File #365 - A final spell at gates

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Wed Mar 23 21:19:26 CET 2016

   HT     Player        DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
W2R2.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R3 Panthera..............Pyandalgor........Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
W3R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra

       Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

       Game Update #48 sequence (file #365)

         From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
           Z'leyra will ask her uncle to keep the painting until...

           She tells the party "The money made by transporting ...

           If asked Z'leyra will tell Kell that unenhanced carbuncle has
           no magical value, but enhanced it darkens if someone with the
           wearer attempts to poison them, doubles one's natural resistance
           to Fascination spells and increases resistance to disease...
           though if wearer nonetheless get disease the stone darkens and
           becomes useless. She doesn't know of any magical properties for
           the carnelion.
         GM: Ack.   Kell might have to find you guys first then he can
             ask.  It will be interesting to see.

         From Kell: [Re: Actions]
           [ ok good - thanks for refining the spell. No need to delay
           the post, you understood what he was trying to find.  ]

           [Moving past moneylender, as Kell would love to work with him
           to bankrupt the Smiths.. sigh]

----      >[Time: 1:06 pm]

           Kell will purchase enough vials to fill all the holders. Waste
           not, want not.  The open spaces he'll fill with other types of
           vials too, just to cover all the bases.   Whatever he has
           available.  [It just isn't clear if Kell is filling all 20
           slots.  If so, great, nothing to do.]
           -------------

           >  [Time: 1:21 pm]

           "I will be back, I need to discuss these with a friend ...
           ---------------------

           Kell thanks Z'Leyra, and heads back to the gem merchant.   If
           he can get a good price, he will purchase both and a small set
           of basic tools so he can (very poorly) work the gem to
           usefulness.  If not, he will purchase the cheaper of the two
           stones.
         GM: Ack.  Detection can be way OP (over powered) as they
             say in game terms (pc).  So to balance it I have to
             refine it better.  Otherwise it could be 'detect the
             great solution to Riddle X', 'detect that one book
             I need to find in this library of 1000 books' or 'detect
             every secret door I see'.  It spoils things a bit too
             easily and so needs to be refined.  'detect scrolls that
             have the X language so I can solve or try to solve that
             riddle.' or 'Detect for the Tome of Blood by detecting
             the blood ink it was made in so detect blood.' or 'Detect
             all doors and hatches.'  So making it a bit more balanced. :)
             As to seller can always come back or talk to him by mail
             as I outlined in email.  Since you posted this and CCed
             it to email I did the email first so response on vials in
             email.  Basically folks can see any of the Vials in the
             gear section for v2 book 1.  Basically there are glass,
             porcelan and pottery vials.  This is the global types
             but some rare things there might be 'magical glass' or
             'magical pottery' or 'leather vials' or some such stuff.
             For folks there are Flasks as well in the gear section one
             could look at.  As to talking to Z not have done that
             yet so will depend on if you can find the group.