[pnpgm] Game Update #68 - File # 467 - Party arrives at Cetric'x village

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Sun Jul 17 02:26:41 CEST 2016

   HT     Player        DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   FH.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   W3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   W2.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R3 Panthera..............Pyandalgor........Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R3.Fukishtu.NEwsome......Npc...............Chief...Normal/Human....Ma
   R3.Lucria.Cegra..........Npc...............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra

       Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

       Game Update #68 sequence (file #467)

         From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
           Before leaving town Z'leyra buys leather, gut twine, horn and
           glue making materials to make perhaps 4 large waterbags with.
           Looking at her satchel, boots and other leather items she is
           amazed at the masterful quality of work she used to do.
           Apparently getting hit in the head gave her aphasia which
           necessitates that she relearn her leather working skills.

           Because she apparently has memory problems she double checks
           the items she is leaving in her manor, just to see if she
           should take any of the items. She checks her own gear she is
           taking and adds a few items for use as presents.

           [I will send Scott ANOTHER list of what Z'leyra takes and what
           she leaves as they may have been miscommunication about the
           first such list.]

           Z'leyra tells the party "Water bags can be filled with...

           She checks with each to see if they have appropriate winter
           gear, boots, mittens, et cetera. She plans to also check
           with each horse and examine horseshoes, hooves and tack.
         GM: Ack.  As I explained in chat I tend to specialize
             skills.  Tanner is great for simple leather items.
             But if you need to do extremely high quality items
             or huge items like couches then need a specific
             leather skill.  I'm fine with tanner doing basic
             bags but sewing as I outlined in the IBT may need
             to be learned (tailor) to actually make it a full
             bag if doing it in pieces of leather.  It is like
             Armorer can do some basic metal work or specific
             styles of armor/shoes but if you want to really
             specialize need to learn metal crafting skills.
             As far as I saw from new email I have everything
             on sheet taken as listed from IBT weeks ago.

           [Janaq 7th, 1635TH]
           [Sivas, Marentia]

           [Early morning]

             Before Chion leaves with the horses Z'leyra checks  gear,
           if those people allow it on each horse.  Then checks the health
           of each horse and horse gear.   Z'leyra does notice that 3
           horse shows - one each on Arawn, Kell's and Kiet's horses
           seem different.  They are normal looking but there is
           something about them that Z'leyra can't place.

             Then in a instant the horses are taken one at a time
           to Cetric's village.  Z'leyra turns to the party before
           they separate.

             Z'leyra tells the party. "Water bags can be filled with snow,
           put behind the saddles, under the bedrolls and use the heat of
           the horses to melt the snow. Several gallons a day can be
           obtained this way if we fill the waterbags with snow at each
           stop. We will be traveling about 29 miles per day. Fremea can
           ride along with any that don't have heavily loaded horses."

           [Janaq 8th, 1635TH]
           [Sivas, Marentia]

           [Time: 5:15 am - Z'leyra's Manor]

             The party for those who wish to attend are given a quick
           breakfast by the manor's cook.  The cook knows that it
           might be the last big meal for 2-3 months.  So a full
           selection is made from eggs, ham to vegetables and juices
           among other things.  It is a brisk 52 degrees outside but
           the sun has yet to rise.

             The party moves to where Chion said he'd be at the first
           light of the sun.  They wait and test out their new winter
           clothing form mittens, coats, boots to scarves.  Soon
           Chion appears.

           [Time: 6:29 am]

             Chion looks around at the party and nods.  He then
           moves to Arawn.  "Your horse was quite...a sight for
           the tribe.  You were told about the legend right?
           I heard the same long ago but from other Zen'da I
           hear it varies.  But it is said that a great a Ga'sha..."
           He turns to explain the term.  "A war chief or leader."
           Then turns back to Arawn.  "Would arrive on the plains
           to unite and bring glory on a white horse.  Some believe
           that an outsider could never unite the tribes being
           non Zen'da. But some disagree.  Personally, we are all
           smart men here and know that its typical nonsense."

             "So when you get there and you get looks just smile
           and move on.  Best not to encourage them."

             He claps his hands.  "So we ready to go? Great! Let's
           go!"  He casts a spell after collecting everyone around
           him.  He no longer needs to touch each person at this
           stage.

             In an instant the group arrives on the plains teleport
           circle about 50 feet from the only static village this
           side of the river.  It is a tad cooler here around 45
           at this time so the group bundles up and heads to the
           village to warm up at the large fire set for morning
           meal.

             Cetric is asleep at this point but is expected to be
           up soon.  The villagers all welcome the group and offer
           a drink called a Zam which is a mix of hot tea with
           berries.

             Chion then tells the party, "well I'm off to cross
           two continents.  Journey well!"  Then he disappears.

           [Time: 6:48 am]

             By now the sun is up over the horizon and the group
           is shown their horses and gear added to the horse gear
           if taken personal items.

             Cetric wakes up and after giving some quick daily
           chores to those still in the village greets the party.
           "I have sent word to the western tribes.  If they spot
           you and can supply water they will do so.  At least
           I hope they will."

             He waves a young girl forward who carries bandana
           style pieces on her arm. She hands each person one.
           Then Cetric continues, "while on the plains please
           wear these.  It will show that you have some support
           from us and are at least welcome.  Some tribe could
           protest and may question you but will at least think
           before they do anything."

             "So how long will you be here before moving west?"
           Cetric asks.

           Actions? Comments?

           Next Update....Wednesday?

           GM:  A short update but we moved on.  Consider this Friday's
                update.  Next update I'll work and hopefully post
                on Wednesday.  So have a few days.  IF nothing major
                is done in the village we'll move to the river or
                the first encounter.  So would work on the update
                Wednesday afternoon.  I tried to do this yesterday
                but rain storms.  In fact a tree was struck in
                the backyard so its dangerous to keep PCs on while
                it storms.

           GM: Party Speed -  Official it will be 29 miles per day.
               This is basically 1.5 hexes.  I will do the 10 minute
               per hour break for horses for grazing and rest.  Unless
               stated otherwise.  As to Fremea riding it would depend
               on horse if said horse/weight can allow.

           GM: Realistic Saddles:  These magical bags only decrease
               weight but not form.  So lumpy bags are still lumpy.
               This means too much gear on a horse not only looks
               weird but may be hard to ride with.  Just keep in
               mind.  Only so much a horse can handle and keep
               a rider comfortable.

           GM: Food/Water report: Report is online and on website.
               It will be updated between encounter and encounter.
               Still looks like one person has no food.  (No Kell
               not you :)).  Final warning.

           GM: New play style: In the past I would determine
               encounters well in advance.  I can still do so.
               But with issue of weather, food and water things
               will need to be slower.  Since there are no towns
               or even few villages it will be more critical.
               So I will have to do it day by day and stop before
               I do next encoounter if issues arise.  So this
               is more book keeping for me math wise but a bit
               slower on game speed as well.  So we'll see how
               it goes.