[pnpgm] Game Update #36 - File # 263- Hillsman combat phase 1+2

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue Jan 5 08:22:08 CET 2016


s
   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/N;;tes  Sex
   -- -----------------------------------------------------------------
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
W2R2.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R3 Panthera..............Pyandalgor........Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
W3R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra

       Game Web Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
       Public posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
       Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

       Game Update #36 sequence (file #263)
       ----------------------------------------------------------------

       Admin Notes: None.
       ----------------------------------------------------------------
       [Recap]

         From Pyan: [Re: Actions]
           Pyan will go shopping for new armor. He is tempted by the (to
           him)exotic  armors but decides to stick to what he is use to and
           buys Quilted armor.
         GM: Ack.  Done.  8 CC.  You have around 6 Gold so if you want to
             buy other stuff let me know.

         From Wout: [Re: Helping Tobie]
           Dear Tobie,
           Go ahead and post on the general pnp list as well if
           you like. Hopfuly 2016 will be a better year for you.
         GM: Ack. Yeah I've suggested some ways to get better coverage.
             Some Podcasters on Twitch do charity all the time.  As
             well as some good Facebook pages.  I hope it goes well
             for all of us but especially Jill.

         From David: [Re: Actions]
           I will be unavailable Saturday and Sunday while I travel for
           work. I will only have limited access (mornings and late
           evenings) to email while I am gone...for three months.

           Assuming that Kiet's horse has his reins wrapped around
           something (even his picket stake), Kiet goes after his javelins
           first.  "Don't kill them all, but I'm going after the bowmen
           first!"  Kiet then activates his boots for speed and runs
           between Where Unali and Kell are currently on the map, and
           travel northwest about 90', then turn southwest toward
           northernmost bowman and ready javelin by tapping gem twice
           for Fatal Spear.  Aim for his horse.  If any of the swordsmen
           attempt to cut me off, his horse becomes the target of the
           javelin and I move to stay out of his reach, and continue
           toward bowman.

           That should take at least three phases....?

           Kiet will continue toward the second bowman, activating his
           second javelin and aim for the man this time.  Then draw tulwar
           and head for any live bowmen....kill the first, capture one
           alive.  Cast abandon on him if necessary.

           Use rings in emergency only.
         GM: Ack.  Have fun on your trip.  Hopefully a certain country
             that sounds like Tran won't do much to you there.  But if
             so good luck! :)  BTW Goblin sword has abandon on it but
             would need to carry it in hand and javelins so that's fine.

         From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
           Oh, yeah...dodge and weave all the way...
         GM: Ack. Darn! I thought you were just playing rodeo clown.  :)

         From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
           Z'leyra says "Apparently." Then yells "Prepare to fight!" She
           stands and readies her Greatsword. Then triggers her boots
           Speed enchantment. She will melee aggressively any  enemies
           that come close to the party, let the others deal with the
           archers for now. [She will also try to throw off the horsemen
           by telling their horses to buck them off when she fights the
           riders.]
         GM: Ack.

       ------------------------------------------------------------
       [New Stuff]

           [Aratad Province - Hills]
           [Decalis 19th, 1634TH]

           [Time: 12:26:00 pm]
           [Phase 0]

             Kiet stares at the approaching riders so bold to do this in
           broad daylight.  "Don't kill them all, but I'm going after the
           bowmen first!"

             Z'leyra hears Kell's words and nods, "Apparently." Then yells
           "Prepare to fight!"  Z'leyra moves to her horse and draws her
           great sword from the sword sheath.

             Unali charges her horse and mounts up drawing her magical dagger.

             Pyan heads to his horse and gets his bow and prepares an arrow
           from his quiver on his back.

           [Time: 12:26:03 pm]
           [Phase 1]

             The Hill archers fire their bows at Pyan and Arawn.  But both
           arrows fly and miss impacting on the ground a few feet from
           each person.

             Pyan fires back at HIllsman #2 with his bow.  But his own
           arrow firing at long range goes astray and he also misses.

             Z'leyra draws her great sword and turns toward the men
           on horses and runs straight for them.

             Kiet grabs his javelins and runs west between Unali on her
           horse and Kell.  He turns north west and moves a bit in
           that direction and turns south east.  This actually make
           shim about 15 feet ahead of Z'leyra.  But due to being behind
           the others he did not fire his javelins yet or risk hitting
           the others.  But now he is prepared to do so.

             Unali kicks her horse into gear moving west ending up about
           8 feet in front of Z'leyra and 5 feet behind Kiet.

             Startled by the yelling Corona wakes up and flies skyward
           moving westward trying to figure out what is going on.

             Fremea takes to the sky and flies toward the west as well
           drawing a arrow and preparing it.  Finally she can do some
           aerial combat for a change.

             The Hills folk are clearly surprised and shocked by the
           4 people rushing toward them.  Why would two of them
           RUN to them and one odd flying thing toward them?  Are
           these folks mad?  The 5 men seem startled but undaunted
           by the surprise move for only second.  The 3 riders move
           eastward.  Rider #1 ends up about 5 feet from Kiet.

             At the same time Rider #3 moves straight for Z'leyra.
          The rider moves his horse just a second quick enough and
          thrusts at Z'leyra's right upper chest piercing her magical
          chainmail doing 5 points of damage.

             Rider #5 moves east and ends up about 8 feet west of
           Fremea.

             The Archers know they need to get closer to get better
           shots but these people are moving fast.

             Rider #2 follows Rider #5 using him as a possible
           shield and ends up about 8 feet behind him.  But now
           this archer is only 20 feet due south of Kiet.

             Rider #4 moves at the same time as #2 and ends up
           about 4 feet behind #2 again due south of Kiet.

             Arawn drawing up Sword and Shield move westward running
           and dodging a bit.

             Kell looks back and sees only Pyan left.  He decides
           the hunter will need protection.  He draws up his
           shield and holds his spear.  "Behind me and fire at
           them if possible."

             Pyan comes a few feet closer and grabs another arrow.

           [Time: 12:26:06 pm]
           [Phase 2]

             Kiet sees the archers move into perfect position.  But
           this one rider only feet to his right could hit him any
           second.  He only has a split second to decide.  So he
           decides on both.  He throws his javelin straight for the
           nearest archer, Rider #2 and hits his horse as planned.
           The horse lurches in mid stride and falls forward dead
           before his head hits tits the ground.  The archer goes
           flying forward flailing his arms wildly.  He goes shoulder
           first into the ground causing his quiver, sword and bow
           to go flying in various directions.  But upon impact the
           man takes 6 points of damaged and is stunned.

             Fremea aims her own bow at Rider #5   The arrow flies
           the 20 feet and hits the man right in his mouth and
           slices into the back of his throat.  The man goes flying
           backward from the head shot dead before he hits the ground.

             Pyan fires on the second archer, Rider #4 and hits the
           man in the left arm doing 8 points of damage taking ouu
           his arm.

             The second archer still on his horse feels his left arm
           broken and gone so tosses his bow aside and draws his
           sword.

             Kiet raises his left hand and aims at Rider #1 setting off
           the pinky ring.  The rider who is still moving eastward only
           8 or so feet away suddenly bursts into flame.  The man is
           tossed to the ground and rolls toward Kiet dead before he
           hits the ground at 30 points of damage.

             Z'leyra only 2 feet from Rider #3 uses both hands to
           swing the sword upwards toward the rider but he dodges
           just in time and the blade fails to hit.

             Corona finally realizes what is going on and circles
           the group about to act when he finds a target.

             Unali sees the archers either down dazed or unable to
           use their bows so moves the few feet toward Rider #3
           attacking Z'leyra.  Drawing both daggers she slices toward
           the man who is now at equal height of her.  The magical
           and regular dagger hits the man and does deadly damage
           many times over killing the man.

             The last Hillsman on his horse suddenly sees his friend
           all slain.  His own arm broken he decides to turn and flee
           back west toward the nearest hill hoping to escape.

             Arawn runs forward and finds the first archer on the
           ground dazed and ensures he will not be moving.  He places
           his sword at the man's chest.

             Kell grins and waves Pyan forward and runs westward.

           Actions?  Comments?

           Next Update.....Friday...

           GM: Ok.  That was a fast combat. :) The archer is almost
               dead but dazed but pretty much captured unless you
               guys decide to finish him off.  What to do with the
               escaping Rider?  He is wounded but has some distance
               away from you guys.  He is at least 70 feet or so
               away from Kiet (long range for Javelin).   Even if
               Corona could try to chase him down but those on foot
               might not be able to catch up to him even with the
               speed boots as the movement order dictates.  But
               is possible.

           GM: Fremea - Will assume you chase the rider and fire on him.

               Kiet - Next phase you move toward and could get one
                 swipe before he moves away.  If you throw now your
                 at Long range and you can't move so you can take
                 the chance to throw and not catch up later or catch
                 up and try to swipe at him before he moves?

               Unali - Will assume you try to catch him on your horse.
                 the escaping Rider.

               Pyan - Fleeing Rider is about 160 feet or so away
                  I will assume you fire if able.

               Z'leyra - Same as Kiet can chase and risk a swipe.
                 What to with the almost dead archer?  Yelling
                 at horses don't seem to do anything maybe they
                 don't understand or not their masters?

           GM: Spider Poison - Teleport was probably the best option
                 as Arawn gave but he was tapped out so since no
                 one took it up too late.  Poison not collected.
                 Sorry.  Maybe next time.  Deadline over. :<

           GM: Mana - I've updated mana up to this point all but Fremea
                are well almost full.  Fremea is around 91% only
                due to IBT spells cast recently.

           GM: IBT: Updated as of Eured City (coming up)

                  Player     Result
                  Fremea     +1 Knowledge EL
                  Arawn      +4 R/W Salaqi EL
                  Pyan       +10 Marentian Language EL (now fluent)

           GM: Spells -
                                          Start      End
                 Kiet     Boots speed    12:26:03   12:27:33
                 Z'leyra  Boots speed    12:26:03   12:27:33

           GM: Horse/Food : [When entering Eured - Future]

                Horses - Z'leyra's #2 pack horse and Kell's horse are
                 not doing so well.  Due to exhaustion, weather
                 and food limits not doing so well.  If need to
                 replace the horse may need to do so.  It might
                 be bad to ride.  Kell will replace his horse
                 and buy a new one.  After a month of riding this
                 is the result  Based on the numbers for food intake
                 and exhaustion.  The folks trained in horse can tell
                 it might be dangerous to ride past Eured.

                Food - Food has gone to almost nothing.
                 Pyan, Arawn, Kiet, Kell (due to loaning others food)
                 and Z'leyra all have no more rations at all.
                 Keep this in mind when entering Eured.   See the
                 agenda below for how long before Ticasi.

           GM: 5th Leg of Travel Aratad City to Eured City

               * Completed Journey

                   Location/Terrain      Miles     Day
               * Aratad City                 -     Dec 14
               * Leave City                  -     Dec 15
               * West - Plains            120    [4 Days]
               * [End up at Fort]
                 West - Hills              20    [-\]
                 SW   - Hills              20    [-- 2 days]
                 SW   - Plains             20    [-/]
                 Enter Eured City          -     c. Dec 21

           GM: 6th Leg of Travel Eured City to Shiben City

               * Completed Journey

                   Location/Terrain      Miles     Day
                 [Off Road now]
                 Eured City                  -     Dec 22
                 South - Hills              40     [c  2 days]
                 Enter Shiben city                 [c. 24]

           GM: 7th Leg of Travel Shiben City to Ticasi City

               * Completed Journey

                   Location/Terrain      Miles     Day
                 Shiben city                       Dec 25
                 West - Plains             40      [c 1.5 days]
                 Enter Ticasi City                 [c. Dec 27]

           GM: Treasure Kept not sold (will return to this next update)

                 2 2 Man Tents & Gear
                 1 Gold Ring estimated value 2 gold?
                 Cooking/Bedding Materials (Blankets, etc)

           GM: People needing Directions Possible Combat map

          1         2         3         4         5
12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ A
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  B
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ C
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  D
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ E
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  F
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ G
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/ K\U_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  H
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  Z__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ I
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  F__/  \_K/  \__/  \__/  \__/  J
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/ P\__/  \_ K
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/ 2A__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  L
/ 4\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ M
\__/  \__/  \__/  C__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  N
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ O
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  P


Legend - /I\ - North
          Road East to West - Road is Rows A-E column 1-60

    A - Arawn   [L25]           1 - [Dead]
    F - Fremea  [J31] 10' up    2 - [L24] Bow Dazed
    K - Kell    [J39]           3 - [Dead]
    E - Kiet    [H24]           4 - [M4 ]
    U - Unali   [H26]           5 - [Dead]
    P - Pyan    [K51]
    Z - Z'leyra [I28]           1-5 all on horseback
    C - Corona  [N19] 20' up







More information about the pnpgm mailing list