[pnpgm] arrest speech continues.

Murtha, Mark Mark.Murtha at tylertech.com
Fri Feb 12 23:40:57 CET 2016

Hiding his surprise at the suggestion that all of them are arrested, he states gently but firmly to the Constable, "When did it become a crime to be a friend of someone who is under suspicion?"   Glancing around, then to Mr Smith, of course the one that suggested they all be made very comfortable and under the city's special care.

Hoping the constables follow through on Z'Leyra's suggestions, as they are the only ones that make sense. There are already two witnesses here that can vouch for her attendance in class.

He pauses to take a deep breath, then addresses the Constable.  "Sir, we already have two witnesses present that can vouch for her attendance in class that day.  Z'Leyra herself states she was in class, as do these witnesses that provided their information without any prompting.   There is no motive for her to commit this crime, none at all.  Motive is as important as anything when investigating a murder," glancing to the Lawyer and other councilors, " just as important as the ability to commit the murder. What motive is there for her? None. There is none."

Pausing again to make sure he is composed and tight, just like a good business transaction, knowing this is much more important than any mere business transaction, "I suggest you follow the good Z'Leyra's suggestion and check the Dreammaster's item and for other people here that have a true motive.  Perhaps the motive was more for this land than to murder good Tiren."

Kell ponders quickly the choice to accuse Smith and Smith Jr here and now, or to wait.  He is a powerful man that is already upset and annoyed and downright pissed at the party.  Will another minor, or maybe not minor, accusation matter?  Normally he is very decisive about this, yet holds off on a decision for now.  Perhaps something after this will force him to speak against Smith and Lil Smith. For now he will hold his tongue on accusing Smiths.

No, the Trader does not intend that any of them should be arrested, and will use all his wiles and negotiation and lawyering and oratory skills to that end.  Z has had a rough enough day as it is, before being arrested.

Kell is scanning for any other magic used here, and looks questioningly at Arawn and Fremea as well, trying to invoke a "do you see anything" vibe to them.  Looking for Kiet, he hopes the Acrobat can add something as well.

Mark Murtha
Implementation Consultant, Local Government Division