[pnpgm] Game Update #13

John Haight sang_real at msn.com
Mon Sep 21 18:13:12 CEST 2015

During the Journey

   Arawn will chat with the newcomers, sharing stories of the road while hoping to learn more of those he travels with so as to better understand them and form bonds of friendship.

Time 9:57am

   Arawn's face clouded over with displeasure as the interrogation turned bloody. A cleaner, more reliable methods existed but the admiral failed to capitalize on them. Once the questioning was over he once again tended to the bandit, casting Regrowth in hopes of reattaching or restoring the lost appendage or, at the least, easing his suffering. An execution likely awaited the men but he would not stand by to allow them to suffer before proper judgement befell them.

[OOC: Regrowth at max EL, reroll failure.]

Time 5:33pm

   Safely ensconced within the confines of the roadside inn Arawn spent time tending to the needs of the horses, speaking softly with each to assess their desires and needs before settling inside for a meal. He inquired as to the possibility of buying another two days worth of food and grain for both himself and his steed before savoring the precious penip. The blue fruit was an exotic item for the Middle World and he asked the staff what they knew of such an item. Afterwards he made sure to save the seeds should he ever wish to cultivate the plant down the road.

Novehas 19th, 1634TH

Time 7:18pm

   Arawn stared over the flames of the campfire at the cousins as they discussed their unusual and intimate connection.

   "Such bonds are rare and powerful," he said, somewhat enigmatically. "It grants great strength to the two of you it seems. Has it always been this way? Are you so close with your siblings and other family members?"

   He listens in silent patience should they choose to answer, eventually adding,

   "It reminds me of the battle-bond invoked by some of my kind, of the blessings I've asked for in the past."

   He paused for a moment in thought, recalling past events before deciding to continue, now addressing the others in the party.

   "I know some of you have volunteered yourselves for the Battle-Mind enchantment in the past. But I would bring it up again. With a specific gesture or call I'll alert you that I will form the bond before or during battle. I simply wish to know who would be open to accepting this."

[OOC:  I don't have my CS handy at the moment but I think Arawn can include at least 4 extra (N)PC's when casting the spell. I believe Kell volunteered in the past but can't recall who else accepted (or if Kell is still interested when Arawn uses the spell]

   Turning to those who might not be familiar with the spell he explains,

   "Such enchantments form a spiritual and mental bond between the enchanted, allowing them to coordinate their actions towards greater success in combat and, in some cases, out."

Novehas 20th, 1634TH

Time 9:02am

   OOC: Scott, are the hippogriffs 500 or 5000 feet away?

   Recognizing that the pack horses were the most vulnerable and likely targets Arawn saw to tending to them first. He guided his steed to the nearest of the pack horses, a prayer falling like leaves to bless the horses with protection.