[pnpgm] Game Update #12 - File #111 - Bandit Combat Phase 7+

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue Sep 15 06:23:22 CEST 2015

   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
W2R2.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   W2.Julian.Draven.........Zabyra............Dancer..Normal/Human....Hu
   R3 Panthera..............Pyandalgor........Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
W3R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R3 Npc...............YY..Trihs.Der.........Warrior.Normal/Human....Ma
   R3 Npc...............YY..Reddof Nonnac.....Warrior.Normal/Human....Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #12 sequence (file #111)

        From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
          Actually, looking at the map, there are too many people
          between me and the bad guys.  I would like to work my around
          enough to still get at them.  As soon as they are dispatched,
          look around to see if they do, indeed, have reinforcements that
          have been called.
        GM: Ack. I'm glad you can read the maps now. :)

        From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
          So, why does Pyan keep saying, "My hovercraft is full of eels...
          Eels."
        GM: Ack. Hah.  Don't tease him he might get scared and leave
            the game.  But this is oddly something he might just say
            for the next big encounter. :)  Think of that later.

        From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
          Kiet will quite happily charge right thru the 'bandits'.  You
          others might be a little disturbed by the joyous expression he
          has as he does so.  Fight to kill, not subdue.

          Charge to trample.  Then, if any remain, move to within melee
          range and fight from horseback. Gives horse a chance to fight too.
        GM: Ack.

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Z'leyra continues to melee with and strike to subdue the
          bandits. Given a choice she concentrates on those that yelled
          orders or showed other signs of leadership. She continues till
          they are all subdued or dead.
          She plans to question the survivors.
        GM: Ack.

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          Novehas 16
          9:17pm

          Arawn gave Zabyra a comforting look in the ...

          "Or, if culture dictates, you may have mine all ...

          Novehas 17
          (Battle)

          Arawn's brow furrowed as the old man, most likely the
          admiral, fell. He had hoped the man would have been able to
          hold out long enough to sort the mess but it was now too late.
          However there was still a chance to save the others.

          Arawn instinctively moved to provide cover to the woman
          and her companion as they slipped in behind him.
        GM: Ack. Still unsure if Zabyra stays away from his tent.
            Based on her after comment to it I assume she will
            stays in his tent.

          [Western Marentia - Plains]
          [Novehas 16th, 1634TH]

          [Time: 9:17 pm]

            Kiet reacts to Zabyra on her bypassing his tent.

            Arawn gave Zabyra a comforting look in the aftermath of
          Kiet's reaction to her declination, hoping to ease any tension
          and allow her to know that was still more than welcome. As
          Kell moved in to offer his own tent as shelter the druid
          chimed in.

            "Or, if culture dictates, you may have mine all to
          yourself and I shall seek shelter with one of the others,"
          he offered to the dancer. "Whichever you prefer."

                         ------------------------

          [Western Marentia - Plains]
          [Novehas 17th, 1634TH]

          [Time: 9:22:18 am]
          [Phase 7]

            Z'leyra swings her sword at Bandit #11 which is right
          in front of Pyan.  She intends to subdue but the side
          of the blade is so forceful it does enough damage to
          kill the already wounded man.

            Corona climbs and does another dive toward Bandit #1 firing
          his fire dart like magical eyes.  The blade of hot energy
          hits the bandit in the right leg for 3 points.

            In an attempt to help Kell, Fremea flies toward the bandit
          who just wounded him.  But at the last second the bandit
          ducks and she misses her chance to hit.

            Kell turns the horse to the south and moves south to check
          his wound.  He keeps an eye out on the bandits so they don't
          charge toward him.

            Pyan sees the man fall near him by Z'leyra and moves a couple
          feet toward Bandit #8 but in thrusting his spear he fails to
          hit the bandit.

            Kiet gallops toward the remaining bandits.  He rounds
          to the left side of Red Shirt  and ends up a few feet
          from the nearest bandit.

            Arawn glances back to check the female and last male survivor.
          It looks like they are both well.  Glancing at the bandits near
          he figures at least one is knocked out but the others are
          not moving at all.  They seem to be down for the count.  Arawn
          moves forward toward the bandits on foot and prepares for a spell.

            Seeing the bandits driven off as a group and the female
          save at >least, Unali stays near her to make sure there re no
          surprise >outbreaks of the bandits towards the survivors. She
          decides that >the fight is already over.

            Unali calls her horse over and mounts it. She sheathes her
          normal dagger and turns around to ensure the female and
          male survivor are safe.  Looks like both have minor wounds
          that a simple first aid will fix.

            Zabyra gallops forward toward the bandits and circles around
          to the north behind Kiet.  She ends up to the west side to
          ensure they are surrounded.   But does not end up in range to
          make a strike.

            Both Red Shirt and Fodder move the 8 or so feet toward Bandit
          Acting as a strange set of twins with one mind they step
          the same way and react the same way.  Red Shirt swings high
          but the bandit ducks down missing the blade.  But at that
          same instant Fodder knows the man would have done that
          and swings at what once was mid chest now is his head.  The
          sword slices through his neck sending the bandit's head
          flying south toward Pyan's horse.  Blood gushes in every
          direction and splashes onto Z'leyra's horse and some of
          Z'leyra's pants.   A second later the body collapses.

            The last four bandits are shocked at the loss of two more
          of their comrades.  They know the battle is over but
          desperation and shock does strange things.

            Bandit #1 turns to see the strange turbaned woman ride
          toward him.  He raises his sword and swings but the horse
          is just out of range.

            Bandit #8 seeing a head go right past him swings at Pyan
          with wobbly arms and misses.

            The other two bandits hold as they watch Kell escape
          and Kiet approaching unsure if they should surrender or not.
          They are trying to figure out who is leader now as the last
          two were just killed.

          [Time: 9:22:21 am]
          [Phase 8]

            Now in range Arawn hopes to end this and quickly builds
          mana for a spell.  A spell he has not used before.  But
          hopes the mechanics are sound.  Speaking in the tongue
          of his parents he casts the spell and points toward
          the bandits while he holds his elven metal sword in one
          hand feeling the cold of the blade.

            Suddenly a sphere forms around the last 4 bandits.  It
          is faint for a heart beat then begins to solidify
          into a gray solid mass.  The sphere encircling the
          four bandits a second later becomes a 10 foot diameter
          sphere that is all gray.  The four bandits disappear
          from the group.

            Pyan's horse who is next to this sudden rears and bucks
          and Pyan has to pull tight and right to avoid the sphere
          itself.

            Those around like Zabyra, Red Shirt, Z'leyra, Reddof,
          Fremea and Kell watch the sphere encase the bandits.

            A second later the bandits are screaming and trying to
          bang on the sphere.

          [Time: 9:22:24 am]
          [Phase 9]

            Those around the sphere circle around trying to find a way
          to the bandits.  Arawn nods and that's when Zabyra notices
          this and figures the man must've been part of this.

            Kiet glances at Z'leyra wondering if she had something
          to do with this and then Kell.  But both look as puzzled
          as the others.

            Inside the sphere the bandits begin to bang the hard
          surface of the sphere.

            Red Shirt listens to them and translates the screams.
          "We can't breath!"  then "We surrender!"

            Arawn approaches and asks Red Shirt to translate.  They
          must drop all weapons on the ground and place hands on
          heads.

          [Time: 9:22:30 am]
          [Phase 10-11]

            As the bandits begin banging some dents are starting to
          form on the sphere.  Not used to the spell Arawn is unsure
          if they could actually break through.  Not without more
          experience.  But if air was removed they will have to be
          helped soon.

            Red Shirt begins to yell back and forth trying to convey
          Arawn's orders.

          [Time: 9:22:33 am]
          [Phase 12]

            Arawn has no clue on how much air could remain but the
          men are still banging away when they sudden stop and
          the noise ends.  But one of the bandits continues to
          yell.

            Red Shirt continues to speak back and forth.

          [Time: 9:22:36 am]
          [Phase 13]

            Finally the bandit inside agrees to all conditions and
          they demand to be set free or they will die.

            Red Shirt turns to Arawn and translates the results.

            Arawn figures they only have a couple more seconds left
          before the spell ends.  So ending it by magic would be a
          waste of mana.

          [Time: 9:22:39 am]
          [Phase 14]

            The sphere ends and dissolves.  Now surrounded by the
          party the bandits stand with hands on their heads.  Their
          swords on the road.

            Red Shirt and his cousin gather their weapons and
          ensure no hidden weapons.  But all daggers and swords
          are on the ground.

            The four bandits are led to the side and placed on the
          ground with plenty to guard as they sit.

            Kell turns to Arawn, "what was that?"

            But Arawn moves away and back toward the other group.
          Z'leyra dismounts and checks the other group.  All but
          one is dead.  The other is just knocked out.  Z'leyra
          checks the female and male.  The female is in fine shape
          with only a minor slash on her arm that isn't even that
          deep.  The male did take a stab wound but in a non vital
          section of his abdomen.  Both will be fine.

            The male survivor turns to the female, "Admiral are you
          okay?"

            This causes all members of the party to stare as Red Shirt
          translates this.

            But the female nods and pats the man on the shoulder.
          She speaks in Marentian, "I am thanks to you."  She looks
          to the party.  She notices the slight shock at a female
          being an admiral and frowns.  "Yes.  We females should not
          be in such positions.  But I proved myself on several
          battles at sea and the Primate saw fit to promote me.  Granted
          it is a position shared by several others."

            As Kiet and others watch the area for others they soon realize
          the Bhamotins who yelled out reinforcements must've figured
          the bandits called reinforcements - the party.

            "I am Aquita.  I was heading to Malnon for some talks with
          the Marentian navy there for shared war games in the spring.
          Our ship was attacked by the bandits. They boarded and
          killed most.  We had to beach and flee.  We got here and
          they finally caught up."  The admiral explains which details
          why no horses on the battlee.  "You came and I was glad
          you were not with them."

            Arawn tends to Kell's wound and finds it will not be
          life critical.  Kell asks, "but who was the old man? We
          figured.."

            The Admiral nods, "a aide who is specialized in this
          area of Marentia.  I'm sad to see him gone but they
          must've assumed as well he was the admiral."  She frowns.
          "We lost...35 in total."

            The Bhamotin male asks a question and she responds.
          Then translates to the party, "we'll have to return to
          the fort and get instructions.  My mission has failed
          but we can at least bury them."

            At that instant a large bag falls from the sky in
          the middle of the party.   Corona flies over and
          screeches. Z'leyra and those who speak Eagle realizes
          the bird found the bag nearby and must've been their
          gear or loot.

            Red Shirt looks to the admiral and then Z'leyra.  "What
          about them?"  He indicates the bandits.

            The Admiral shrugs, "I'm sure they were sent to disrupt
          my efforts.  Make a sea 'accident'.  War games near our
          shores means less smuggling and other things for the large
          underground in our land.  They were probably hired.  Personally
          I don't care.  Save one for us to question to who hired
          them if they know.  Others kill if you wish."

            Kiet smiles at the thought of some fun asking these
          cowards questions.

            Corona then says something else very high above.  He
          tells the group and Z'leyra translates that there are
          riders maybe half a dozen around 3 or 4 miles to the
          east moving fast this way.

            Kell looks in the distance.  The east is flat and easy
          to see for miles.  But all they notice are a cloud of
          smoke or sand as it seems some are coming this way.  "It
          must be folks from the fort.  No.  Why would they be
          coming this way?"

            The Admiral nods, "we sent one man toward the fort as
          we distracted the bandits as they came after us.  He
          must've got away.  This was late afternoon when we beached.
          We've been playing hide, fight and hide ever since.  Our
          landed group was a total of 13.  Since yesterday we lost
          at 7."

            Kell does some mental math.  The fort is to the east maybe
          17-19 miles away.  So the man must've walked for 11 or so
          hours at least.  Even at walking that would be at best
          12 or so miles.  The man must've found the road and used
          a horse or wagon to boosted his speed to the fort.  At the
          same time the horses from the fort even with the fast mounts
          might get 20 miles in half the day.  So they must've left
          at first light which might be 11 or 12 miles.  So the man
          must've reached the fort faster than expected.  He stops
          the math as his head hurts.

            The party forms a line as they watch the riders close in.

            The Admiral looks at Kell who thumbs the bag of loot. He
          looks at a small book.  But it is clearly damaged beyond
          hope as it was in the water.  The ink is all ruined and
          smeared.  She notices this, "my journal.  I had some
          notes from the Primate but glad it was damaged so the
          bad guys can't read our plans."

          [Time: 9:57 am]

            Finally the riders get near and it is seen they are wearing
          Marentian military uniforms.  There are about 8 riders and
          one in normal riding tunics that looks like a healer.

            The riders led by a private Sorel explains they can help
          to find the dead Bhamotin.  A wagon should be coming soon
          as they assumed the Bhamotins may need a way back.  It
          might arrive in a hour.

            Sorel thanks the party for their help and explains they can
          handle it from there.  It is clear the man needs to improve
          relations to make Marentia look better after giving their
          ally such a bad welcome.

            Kell turns to Z'leyra, "shall we move on?"

          Actions?  Comments?

          Next Update....Friday...

          GM: A fun update.  A new spell!  It worked well.  Of the 200
              spells I made or helped make Richard did this one Ball
              Powers.  So this was new to me.  I hope I handled it
              as he hoped.  RIP.   I will work on next update Thursday
              afternoon since I'm off.  So if you need to post do it
              by Noon Thursday EST.  We will move I assume.  The party
              may have 30 minutes or so before the fort folks arrive.
              So if you want to do something.  Let me know.  Of the
              loot the party (or Z'leyra) will have to decide to keep
              or give to the Bhamotins for death benefits.  Taking
              bandit weapons/armor might cause some suspicion in the
              Marentian Military.

          GM: Mana Chart updated -  For new players this chart keeps
                track of Mana, Health, Energy for each player.  It
                also makes record of Experience earned, equipment
                damage and Encounter results (like cel or EL increases).
                I update this chart after times like this.  I do not
                tend to post it so you will need to consult the link
                on the website for that info.  I do not list NPCs
                on these charts.

              Experience has been marked.  Who to think Kiet would
              be the MVP (damage earned wise).  :)  Keep in mind
              the actual MANA report at top is not updated.  I need
              to do that in next couple days.  So for the MUs you may
              need to wait a couple days.  Sorry.

          GM: Battle Results -
                Time: around 30 seconds true battle.

                Of 12 Bandits 5 remain, 1 Knocked out, 4 Awake with
                only one of those at 100%. The others are wounded
                but not life threatening.  So only one would likely
                handle "questioning."

                Of the 5 Bhamotin 3 are dead.  Admiral is 99% and
                Male has only a minor wound.

                Loot: 12 Swords, 11 damaged Leathers (1 undamaged Leather
                      armor, 8 daggers.

                Bag:  15 BB, 43 CC, 4 SC, 2 GC
                      Assorted plates, utensils (low value)
                      4 gems but based on cuts seem worthless
                      Water drenched journal
                      A naval quality Spyglass
                      1 Sapphire ring that looks to be around 12 GC?
                      Ship's Brass Bell

          GM: Arawn - Interesting use of spell!  But since you used your
                elven sword as the base magical material it would be
                solid and thus no air.  If this is used too often I
                may have to tweak this spell like rules on material
                and such.  But interesting spell.

              Kiet - Will have maybe 30 minutes if you want to ask
                 the bandits (with permission from Z'leyra).  Let
                 me know on details.  Or the military can follow up
                 and investigate.

              Magic Users -  I've noticed some recent changes from my
                 own set of magic spells differs from v2 rules.  Richard
                 adopted a ton of my 200 spells.  But they are slightly
                 different. If you guys want to look at these files
                 let me know.  I could post them on site or as a zip
                 file.  I need to probably clean and spell check some
                 errors.  Otherwise if you want I can show particular
                 spells rather than all of them.  These files were made
                 some 3 years ago.  So its mainly for personal use.

          GM: First Leg of Trip

                Slowest Horse - 22 MR (+25% Road- +6)
                Speed - 28 MR MPH/day on road
                Per hour- 2.3 miles/hour

                To Malnon -200 miles 100 by Plains, 100 by Hills

                Nov 16 - 1030am-7pm  - Plains - 15
                    16 -    7am-7pm  - Plains - 28
                    17 -    7am-7pm  - Plains - 28
                    18 -    7am-7pm  - Plains - 28