[pnpgm] Game Update #19 - File #148 - Party leaves Malnon

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Mon Oct 19 21:52:04 CEST 2015

   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/N;;tes  Sex
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
W2R2.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   W2.Julian.Draven.........Zabyra............Dancer..Normal/Human....Hu
   R3 Panthera..............Pyandalgor........Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
W3R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R3 Npc...............YY..Trihs.Der.........Warrior.Normal/Human....Ma
   R3 Npc...............YY..Reddof Nonnac.....Warrior.Normal/Human....Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell
      Two Rented Riding Horse For Arawn

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #19 sequence (file #148)

        From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
          Kiet listens to Reddof, and is mildly amused by the comment.
          It does provide solid information about Reddof, that he is
          uninitiated.  Kiet answers him "They aren't trophies." ....
        GM: Ack.

        From David: [Re: Healing Mist]
          Well, the spell affects only one person if cast at normal
          cost. If cast double, it can affect multiple recipients AND
          they don't go comatose.  I would think in that case it continues
          until they all heal completely...there didn't seem to me to be
          any language about it stopping when the first person is healed.

          Seems like a very inexpensive spell for the benefit....
        GM: Ack. Thanks for opinion it counts.  I'll see what others
            think on it.  When we did these v2 spells there were
            some holes so this may be a mior one.

          [Western Marentia - Hills]
          [Novehas 20th, 1634TH]

          [Time: 9:45 am]

            Reddof comments on the taking of feathers and hairs
          as trophies.

            Kiet listens to Reddof, and is mildly amused by the
          comment.  It does provide solid information about Reddof,
          that he is uninitiated.  Kiet answers him. "They aren't
          trophies."  He straightens up and continues. "it's for magic
          purposes in the future.  You see, there are laws to magic.
          One of the laws is that 'trophies' will retain attributes of
          the whole.  Such samples could be used for many purposes, even
          to help you fly...or allow a magic user to turn you into a
          hippogriff!"  Kiet just smiles at Reddof.

            Reddof looks confused but nods.  "I don't know this magic
          stuff but next you'll tell me giants can fly."  He turns
          and heads to mount up on his horse.

                                 ---------------

          [Western Marentia - Hills]
          [Novehas 22nd, 1634TH]

          [Time: 6:37 pm]

          [Time: 8:15 pm]

            Kiet asks Kell and Pyan to head to his room.  The dancer

                                 ---------------

          [Western Marentia - Malnon City]
          [Novehas 23rd, 1634TH]

          [Time: 6:15 am]

            The group finish breakfast and head to the barn.  They
          meet the stable boy and guard already at work preparing
          the saddles and horse blankets.

            Kell gets near Z'leyra and Unali and speaks in low tones
          so the boy and guard don't hear but the party who is nearby
          can do so.  "I was at a shop that seemed...shady.  I assume
          it was a black market shop though it sells glassware and
          vases. "  He notices Kiet raise an eye.  "I like vases and
          these are decorated nicely.  Anyways I overheard two guys
          talking about the smuggling in the city.  They metioned
          a name that seemed familiar.  It sounded like Balrog?"  The
          trader glances at Z'leyra and Unali.  "Didn't you two guys
          know him?  Could he be helping or hindering in this smuggling
          operations?  Though to be honest I think it was a setup.
          Seemed to be too easy to share that info like they may have
          been undercover spies rooting out folks.  Unless there is
          more than one Balrog in Marentia?"

          [Time: 6:27 am]

            The party finally gets to the north west gate and depart.
          Guards ask the general destination of the group.  They
          comment, "once at the border heed their warnings and
          advice.  Thaliba can be a dangerous place."

            The day starts out well with not a cloud at all day
          nothing but bright sun.  But the temperature ranges from 50-65
          degrees so its not extreme cold.

          [Time: 9:31 am]

            Five miles outside the city about 2 miles outside the
          city margins reveal farms and occasional cottages.  As
          the party rides n the road they notice a large group to
          the south off the road.  It is about 500 feet south
          off the road.  There must be 4 dozen people.  They seem
          to be shouting and yelling.  Due to the cool weather the
          sounds follow on the plains.  The party soon realizes
          it is two groups.  It seems 35-40 folks on one side against
          4-5 others on the other side.  The smaller group is
          in front of a old one floor structure about the size
          of a barn.

            Then the party notice there are about 8 guards in Marentian
          military uniforms among the crowd.  They seem to be milling
          about hands on swords as if wary of a riot.

            The large crowd is shouting at the smaller one about they
          need to leave and leave the area.  The smaller group shouts
          out, "Moloch will Damn you all!"

            Then Arawn notices a man in vestments he recognizes as Ashur
          speak and talking to the crowd that this evil needs to be
          taken care of.  The priest seems to chanting and performing
          some ceremony to sway the small crowd to leave or something.

            Then the small crowd begins to yell and move forward drawing
          clubs and small knives.  This is when the guards rush forward
          and two each take on the small crowd.  They quickly subdue
          the group and throw them to the ground.

            It is clear Arawn is eager to rush in and help but he can
          feel Z'leyra's gaze knowing this is not their concern and
          time is going by.  The guards bind the small group and
          haul them into the small structure while 2 stand guards
          telling the crowd to disperse.

            That's when Z'leyra figures it is time to move on.

            Later Kell asks Arawn, "what was that about?  Who
          is Moloch some warlord?"

          [Time: 7:48 pm]

            That night at camp off the road the party notices two deer
          pass very close by the campsite.  One is a large female adult
          with a male younger deer.  They watch the party for some time
          in the darkness then scamper off.

            Pyan looks eager to hunt the deer but he notices the group
          does not seem inclined to do so.  He knows it would be
          a great reward of the deer but he decides he needs to keep
          these people friends.  Even if Kiet seems to be talking
          to him more saying the odd jokes - though with his lack
          of fluency it seems he mixes the punch lines up.

                                 ---------------

          [Western Marentia - Plains]
          [Novehas 24th, 1634TH]

          [Time: 6:23 am]

            The party breaks camp and heads out.  According to the city
          map they should reach a roadside in by nightfall if they
          move fast.

            The day sees thick clouds roll in all day making it a cloudy
          warm day.  The temperature seems to increase to even warm
          degrees of 80 at the noon hour.  But the lowest temperature
          is around 61 for the day.  So the warm winter clothing is
          taken off for most of the riding.

          [Time: 9:10 am]

            Suddenly a drizzle begins that lasts about 20 minutes.  It
          drenches the horses and party creating a bit of sloppy
          roadway.  At one point even a bit of hail falls but it
          only last about 20 seconds or so before stopping.

          [Time: 6:38 pm]

            Though it is dark the group finally arrives at the Roadside
          Inn.  This one has a medium sized barn.  Z'leyra does the
          haggling of fees and pays for the group.  Kiet and Arawn
          notice there is little free space so they will have to do
          a common room tonight.   But it better than sleeping in
          the cold outside.  Z'leyra finds the fees a bit steep at
          2 SC for everyone but includes the horse stalls.   Then
          the fee for meals is different at 18 Copper.

                                 ---------------

          [Western Marentia - Plains]
          [Novehas 25th, 1634TH]

          [Time: 6:18 am]

            The group wakes to see forest right out of the windows.
          They were on the very edge of it when they got here and
          was too dark to notice.

            The party heads out and finds the day clearing to a bright
          and sunny day with no clouds this time.  The temperatures
          range from 36-71 today.  The party head into the forest
          heading west.

                                 ---------------

          [Western Marentia - Forest]
          [Novehas 26th, 1634TH]

          [Time: 6:31 am]

            After breakfast the party heads out from an uneventful
          night.  The only issue is that Zabyra was not so used to
          the sounds of forest life so took her a bit long time to
          fall asleep.  To her the forest seems to close in too much
          compared to a wide open desert.

            The day is what Corona says over the tree canopy is all
          overcast all day.  The temperature ranges from 32-67 and
          the forest seems to ebb coldness naturally.

          [Time: 12:08 pm]

            Between the trees a very faint light snow falls.  But
          it seems to melt faster than it builds up making only
          a very light dusting of snow.

                                 ---------------

          [Western Marentia - Forest]
          [Novehas 27th, 1634TH]

          [Time: 6:12 am]

            The party wakes up again from a nice campsite near a small
          brook off the road.  Probably in summer it dries up as
          it is so small.  But it allows the horses nice water
          and grazing.

            From the trees the day shows no clouds at all making a
          nice clear day.  The temperatures range form 58 to 86
          warming up so fast warm clothing is removed for most of
          the ride.

          [Time: 11:40 am]

            Deep in the forest the last person seen has been an
          hour before.  It was two riders passing quickly on
          the road.  All along for days people go past the
          group in either direction.  Most are common people
          who avoid contact as best they can like farmers or
          peasants.  Some do nod or greet in passing but do
          not stay long enough to make friends.

            The trees are thick here and no one can see Corona as
          he is flying above the trees out of sight and the gloom
          of the forest seems to block view of him.

            Suddenly noises are heard from north and south - left
          and right.  From the north 3 things shoot out and from
          the south 3 shoot out as well.  Before anyone can react
          the things fly toward the group.

            The first hits Arawn and he glances down to his arm to
          see a dart.  But whatever it was meant to do it seems
          to have failed.

            The second dart hits Fremea in the back and she rips it
          out but whatever it was meant to do it seems to have failed.

            The third dart hits Kiet in the leg as he glances down
          but nothing happens to him either.

            The fourth dart hits Zabyra in the shoulder and she
          falls off the horse onto the road unconscious.

            The last two darts fly toward Pyan and Reddof but
          both seem to go wild and miss them by half a foot.

            The party glance all around and pull weapons looking for
          what just attacked them but the forest is too thick.

          [Time: 11:40:00 am]
          [Phase 1]

          Actions?  Comments?

          Next Update....Monday??

          GM: A few days go by with no events at all.  Keep in mind it
              is generic.  In those few days the party might encounter
              a hundred folks on the road.  But they all pass without
              real notice or issue.  What I list here are actual encounters.
              Like the deer and the forest currently.  I will do 2 more
              phases next update.  There is a low chance for a Friday
              update this week as I work Thursday and have a bit of
              minor project to do.  So we'll see.  I could try to work
              on something Wednesday afternoon but I can't guarantee
              Friday update.  IF nothing by Friday then will work on
              it for sure Saturday and end final work (if not completed
              by Saturday) by Monday afternoon.  I took into account
              items and skills to avoid the ambush.  But since some items
              wee not 'active'/pulled out then not used.

              For the map there were 14 hexes across and 4 down.  So
              I did d14, d4 for random positions.  It looks odd but
              consider pot holes and such making folks spread out? :)

          GM: Arawn - I know Forest your skills.  I actually rolled for
                it but did not detect the ambush sorry.  As to the first
                encounter with Ashur Priest.  I know you would want to
                do something.  You are free retroactively but keep in
                mind if you stay there too long it will delay things.
                Based on the motivations and dice things ended as is but
                I'm sure your itching to do something. :)

              Zabyra - Sorry bad dice.  I figured at least half the
                 darts might've worked.  But only yours did.  So for
                 now I'm sorry but out of the fight unless helped.  Nothing
                 personal just random target selection and dice effects.

          GM: Second Leg of Travel Malnon to Thaliba City.

              * Completed Journey

                Location/Terrain       Miles       Day
              * Malnon City              -    Nov 22     -
              * West - Plains           60    Nov 23-24  1-2
              * Roadside Inn             -    Nov 24     2
                West - Forest          100    Nov 25-30  3-7
                West - Plains           20    Dec  1     8
                Roadside Inn                  Dec  1 2pm?
                West - Forest           80    Dec  2-3   9-10
                West - Plains           20    Dec  3-4  10-11
                Thaliba City                  Dec  5 10am?
                              Total    280

          GM: Forest Combat Map

              /I\ = North
               1 Hex = 10 feet 1 Column = 5 feet  1 Row = 5 feet

          1         2         3         4
12345678901234567890123456789012345678901
/  \__/ %%%_/  T_%%%%\__/  T__/  \__/  \_ A
\T_/T %%%%% \__T  \T_/  T_%%  \_%%% T_%%% B
%%%\__/  \__%%%\%_/  %%_/  \__T  \%%/ %%% C
\__/ T\_%%  \T_/ T\_%%%T\%%T  \%%% T\__/  D
%%%%__%%%T__/%%%__/  %%_/  \%%%  \__%%%T_ E
%%T/  \__/  \_T/  T_%%% \T_%% T__/T \__%  F
%%%\_%%  \_%%%%\__%  \_%% %%%_/%%%__%T \_ G
\__/  T__%%%\__/ %%%_/t %_%%  \%%/ %%%_/T H
%% T%%%  \T%T  %%T/%%%__%T \%T/  T__T %%%%I
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  J
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_F/  \__/  \_B/ P\_ K
\__/  \__/  \__/A \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  L
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_Y/ U\_ M
\__/  K__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  N
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ O
\__/  \__R  \_E/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  P
/  \__/  \__/Z \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ Q
\%%/  \__/TT\__/ %%%%T  %%%/  \__/  \_%%% R
T  \_%%% \__/  T__/  \__/T \_T/  T%T%% T_ S
%%_/  \_TT  \__/ %T__/  %%_/%%%__/ %%%_/  T
/  T__T%%%%_/T \__/  T__/T \__/  T__/  \T U
\T%%% \__%%%%__/  \T%/  \__/T%%%_/  T__/  V
/%%%%_T  \__/ T\__%%%\__%%T\__/T%%%_/%%\_ W
\_TT %%%_%% \__/  \__/T \__/ %%%%/  \__T  X
/  \__/  \__TT \__T %%%%/  \_TT  %%T/ %%% Y

   Legend
     Road - Rows J - 9 (Center of Road - Row L)

   A -  Arawn   [L17] On horseback [Kiet's Space horse]
   F -  Fremea  [K24] On horseback
   K -  Kell    [N 7] On horseback
   E -  Kiet    [P15] On horseback
   U -  Unali   [M39] On horseback
   B -  Zabyra  [K36] On ground Knocked Out (Horse off map by her)
   P -  Pyan    [K39] On horseback
   Z -  Z'leyra [Q14] On horseback
   Y -  Trihs   [M36] On horseback
   R -  Reddof  [P10] On horseback
   C -  Corona  [???] Off Map high above trees somewhere
   Arawn Spare Horses next to him OFF map

   T = Tree Ranging from 30-120 feet high
   % = Bush/Shrub higher than 5 feet some as tall as 8-9 feet

   As always see website if your Email messes up the email. The
   website should show the map 100% accurate.

   Map without hexes for Road for ease of viewing

\__/  T__%%%\__/ %%%_/t %_%%  \%%/ %%%_/T H
%% T%%%  \T%T  %%T/%%%__%T \%T/  T__T %%%%I
                        F           B  P   K
                 A                         L
                                    Y  U   M
       K                                   N