[pnpgm] Z'leyra

Alex Koponen akoponen at mosquitonet.com
Thu Nov 19 01:58:48 CET 2015

[Sorry about not posting as much as I should. As the time I am most
likely to think of something to post is just after reading the update I
have a quandary...as proofreader I get first sight of the updates and I
have an unfair ability to post first. I have gotten flack for posting
just after the update has come out. If I delay I forget what I might
have posted.]

    [BTW for future reference Z'leyra will ALWAYS cast thru her staff if
trying to overcome the MDV of someone resisting her spell.]

    Z'leyra would have wanted to use the necklace to learn the Goblin
tongue. being able to understand them,and perhaps communicate with them
without having to resort to communicate spells might be useful in the
future.

    Z'leyra will examine the magical sword in her professional interest
as a weaponsmith and enchanter but will not want to keep it and will
readily assent to any party member keeping it if they ask for it. If
none do it will eventually be sold in a city and the loot shared.

     Z'leyra asks Corona to scout about for any sign of a goblin camp.

    As far as Guard Duty goes. Using magic like Watchful Sleep is in
some ways better and other ways worse than taking turns to be on Guard
Duty. The advantages of being alert to basically everything within a
decent radius and being able to instantly wake at the first sign of
threat within that radius are balanced by the ability of those on Guard
Duty to have armor on, to be cognizant of threats beyond a limited
radius and the ability to feed the fire if we have one. One downside to
being on Guard Duty is that those with low Survival skills in the
terrain and low Empathy are likely to miss threats sneaking up until
they are REALLY close.
    Z'leyra does not mind taking her turns at Guard Duty, but feels that
we should always have at least one of those using magic to have the
advantage for the party that the spells provide. She will be fine with
whatever rotation allows this.

    Z'leyra pays the tolls for the party. She tells the party that only
under extraordinary circumstances should any even consider putting even
a toe off the road till we reach Zarun. We can leave now or later
depending on how the party feels. She suggests now would work for her,
but will abide a majority decision.

    As far as healing skill goes, Z'leyra considers herself a Master
Healer and is more concerned with teaching the skill than in using it
herself. She will readily teach or use the skills herself whenever
needed. She is only journeyman level with the magical arts of healing
and as someone with the most mana available will be ready to use healing
spells whenever appropriate. But not knowing the mass healing spells she
steps aside for those that do when those spells are needed.