[pnpgm] Game Update #22 - File #164 - Forest Combat - Goblins - Phase 0-2

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue Nov 3 07:30:46 CET 2015

   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/N;;tes  Sex
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
W2R2.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   W2.Julian.Draven.........Zabyra............Dancer..Normal/Human....Hu
   R3 Panthera..............Pyandalgor........Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
W3R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R3 Npc...............YY..Trihs.Der.........Warrior.Normal/Human....Ma
   R3 Npc...............YY..Reddof Nonnac.....Warrior.Normal/Human....Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell
      Two Rented Riding Horse For Arawn

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #22 sequence (file #164)

        From Arawn: [Re: Battle Mind]
          At some point after discussing the Battle-Mind spell with the
          party Arawn will broach the subject of those willing to be
          included in future castings.

          "Although it's been discussed in the past, with new ...

          OOC:

          Arawn would give a specific signal, either vocal or a hand
          signal as determined by the situation, when casting Battle-
          Mind and would target allies closest to his location, generally
          focusing on those who use melee or missile weapons. If anyone
          wants to be excluded from castings of this spell please let me
          know, otherwise I'll assume character's are okay with being
          affected by the spell. This will save time checking in with
          players with each casting and allow Scott to simply make the
          roll. Thanks
        GM:  Ack.  Assuming who does BM or not is ok to a point.  But
             not every BM in every combat is needed.  So I rather
             not assume these things.  Example a army is coming down
             the plains toward you but Kell decides to teleport
             ahead and lay a trap.  Assuming he is in the spell
             is wrong since he left the area.  So unless its
             an ambush there should be plenty of time to let me
             know before combat starts if BM is used.  Plus folks
             will not know if you cast BM in that said combat
             so you'd have to post super early. :)  But you tend
             to post late and in some cases after update is done
             like last week.  (Why this post was not in last
             update).  So there are factors to figure out in
             this regard.  Frankly there should be enough time
             to say you are doing it and then for folks to agree or
             not.  But folks are FINE to say in advance you will
             accept BM EACH time it is cast.  If so let me know.

        From Kiet: [Re: Battle Mind]
          I'm not totally certain, but isn't the spell such that you have
          to designate inclusions?  EL+1 is the most you can have join
          you... so, unless you are super-powered in it, you can't
          include us all.
        GM: Ack. Think he can do 5 if I recall.  But again its
            a choice issue that has to be decided each time.
            For example some spells do not allow you to cast
            other spells during said spell.  Being affected
            by BM could borderline that issue.  So I think
            each person has to decide in real time or let me
            know in advance you will accept ALL BM spells.

        From Arawn: [Re: Battle Mind]
          When casting the spell Arawn will be targeting those
          physically closest to him, up to the limits allowed by
          his EL.
        GM: Ack.  That's fine.  But I rather have folks in real
            time say they accept rather than complain that they
            are integrated into a Battle Mind situation and can't
            really do what they originally planned. <

        From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
          After the stripping of the bandit camp, in which Kiet sadly
          did not participate, he wonders about the poison used.  It was
          amazingly quick acting.

          IF Fremea speaks out loud her knowledge of these plants, Kiet
          asks her about the specifics.  Being an herbalist, he is very
          much interested in such things, and even is planning greenhouses
          in the future.

          "You know, those who have mediocre horses could swap ...
          **************************

          Kiet is sleeping rather peacefully until the alarm is raised.
          Dammit!  Can't they fight in the daytime like normal people?
          Kiet's thought about this, however.  Kiet's putting on his
          boots first, then his helmet, then his shield and sword and
          head out there.  Activate speed on boots.

          If we need the light, or to hold off a bunch of the bad guys,
          use the Fire attribute (or attri-boot) and make a fire line
          between us and them, even if only partial.

          If there are any that Kiet thinks just maybe, might, possibly
          be magic users, use a ring to smokeless flame them.  If any of
          them hit me, flame them from rings. If one of our group gets
          in trouble and in my sight/range, flame the bad guys from
          rings.
        GM: Ack.  You were still KOed so could not have fun in the
            camp. :<  It is found in Western Marentia.  So it would
            be common to find.  But as listed its fast acting but
            fast dying.  So unless  you make it the day of use it
            will be bad as time goes on.  So effects diminish with
            time or decays the poison.

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          [Novehas 27th]
            Crystal Goblet:
              As they've traveled together for some time now Z'leyra
              would know that Arawn carries a crystal goblet (for the
              lodestone truth poison) as well as goideli wine and
              (shudder!) an iron goblet (for toadstone anti-paralysis)
              which he's willing to share just in case she ever needs
              to use them whenever she doesn't have her own available.

              In the future, as an SOP, when poison is involved Arawn
              will immediately use Negate Poison instead of waiting it
              out. He's not the kind to let others sleep it out (as there
              are usually after effects to deal with - disorientation,
              lethargy and such - plus it allows him to practice the
              spell-prayer.

          Forest
Sage:
            Don't have my books handy at the moment but Arawn will cast
            Forest/Wood Sage at max EL in an effort to locate any
            prisoners that might still be alive.

          Bandit's Horses:
            Arawn will speak with the horses, trying calm and reassure
            them while seeing to their needs. If any are in need (bad
            teeth and hooves, as mentioned) and it looks like the journey
            will be painful for them or the injuries are permanent then
            Arawn will cast Regrowth on the horses to relieve their pain
            and heal those injuries.

            Any that look like good husbandry can treat and who seem
            comfortable enough to make the journey to town he'll skip
            casting Regrowth on and wait until a good animal healer/
            handler is available to treat them.

          [Novehas 28th] [2:42pm]
            Domiel's Tree:

            "I'd love to see it when I can," Arawn answered to the ...
          ---------
          OOC: Arawn will make sure to get the name of the village and
          directions from the pilgrims just in case

          [5:48pm]

          As a crossroads of sort for the nearby villages along with the
          steady flow of travelers the inn likely gathered much news of
          the region. Hoping to take advantage of the innkeeper's store
          of information Arawn sat with the man, chatting pleasantly and
          making sure to tip the man well (2sp).

          "Thank you for telling us about the road station. Beyond ....
        GM: Ack.  Gee another person like Unali with a Crystal goblet.
            Things to break...err I mean to avoid breaking. :) I
            figured you might want to do a Negate spell.  But since
            it was known by Fremea not to do much more than just
            knock out I figured would need to clean up and clear
            the group first.  (And I hate doing spells on folks
            without acceptance. :)).  But I'll try to recall
            this in future if time allows.  Forest Sage thing.  Ok.
            I don't think I've skipped the days mana wise so I
            can do that.   I'm fine with you guys teleprting
            to the Tree.  Riding would take 4-5 hours of the trip
            away.  Let me know Kiet/Arawn.

        From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
          Kiet looks over to the Druid.  He considers what he says...

          "Well, in my homeland Domiel is not known.  Only a small...
        GM: Ack. See above.

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Thankful that her Watchful Sleep brooch had allowed her to be
          cognizant of the danger Z'leyra yells a warning while grabbing
          and putting on her helm and grabbing her staff, nudging Zabra
          while doing so.

          She casts an EL2 sidh Invisibility on herself and steps out
          of the tent.

          She sees if there is a group of goblins that are located such
          that she can go over there, cast Quarrels on them (excluding
          herself and perhaps one or two other party members) without
          affecting the rest of the party. If so she moves in that
          direction and readies to cast Quarrels thru her staff.

          [Western Marentia - Forest]
          [Novehas 27th, 1634TH]

          [Time: 12:09 pm]

            Kell looks to Fremea who was inspecting the poison darts.
          "You know this poison?"

            But before she can answer Red Shirt answers.  "It is
          mostly used by hunters in this area.  It will take down
          game fast.  Its only found in Western Marentia in the
          mountains.  The plants can be collected and farmed but
          from what I hear most times the crop fails.   IT is a
          very unstable plant and maybe 1 out of 10 plants survives
          to create the actual berries that creates the poison.
          I've heard it has to be mixed with a bit of Salt to
          create the poison.  Story is some hunter ate some at
          dinner with salt and woke up hours later.  The berries
          can't be preserved even by magic from what I understand.
          So once harvested the berries only last a few days.  This
          is why its not widely used by some assassins in other nations."

            Kiet listens intently and notes the name of the plant so
          he can check back home in Sivas or travel here.

            Kell wonders though, "how do the hunters tell amount
          needed?"

            Trihs Der shrugs, "its a guessing game from what I
          hear.  A large buck I'm told needs 5-6 berries.  But
          a rabbit maybe only 2.  A man though who knows."

            Kiet turns to the horses found as booty.  Some are in good
          shape.  "You know, those who have mediocre horses could swap
          for one of these three good ones..."

            Zabyra listens and wonders if she could claim one.  But
          would that intrude on her guest in this group or did she
          even earn the right to claim it.  Her natural Rogizini
          manners seems to conflict her emotions.

            Arawn finds a well nourished tree standing 55 feet high
          and touches it.  He then casts a Forest spell and asks
          the spirits if there are other victims of the bandits
          nearby besides them.  If it is with 8 or so miles he should
          know the answer soon.

            Arawn inspscts the horses and calms them.  The bandit
          horses are well kept.  The others which were likely
          from recent victims are minor issues of upkeep on teeth
          and hooves.  They should travel fine but only one needs
          serious help on the teeth as it is missing several important
          around his mouth.

            Arawn asks the horse if he can help regrow his teeth.  The
          horse is nervous at this strange question.  But he does not
          stop the Druid.  Arawn casts a regrowth on the mouth of the
          horse and the missing teeth magically come back and the
          gum gets health back to it.

          [Time: 12:13 pm]

            A whisper in Arawn's left ear reveals that there are
          indeed other victims.  Then Arawn realizes his mistake
          in asking the one question.  He finds the tree again
          and recasts asking for a location.

          [Time: 12:15 pm]

            Arawn hears the whisper in his voice of the tree
          spirit and learns there are graves nearby.  Down the
          road west 2 miles and half a mile off the road.  Arawn
          tells the party and they head out after gathering up
          the loot.

          [Time: 12:53 pm]

            The party estimates the spot 2 miles away.  Corona
          confirms though there are rough grave sights.  Arawn,
          Kell and Kiet divert off the road and find the graves
          of 6 mounds.  They are small enough that 1 person or
          2 each could be under.  Giving a possible of 12 victims.

            Arawn knows they could dig up the graves and deliver
          them to town but it would take hours off the journey.
          Arawn thinks and wonders how he can warn folks of the
          site.  There are magic like light spells, Strobe and
          even the Pastel magics.  But those are short lived.
          No one has paint so Arawn decides a simple marker on
          the road is in order.

            But first Arawn quickly does prayers for each mound
          and hopes they will seek peace.

          [Time: 1:04 pm]

            After using 5 feet of his own rope cut form his own stash
          Arawn creates a cross structure of limbs by the road.  It
          is clearly man made and will show anyone passing by something
          is nearby.  It will have to do for now and he and the others
          will have to let the nearby roadside Inn owners this locatipn
          so they can retrieve the bodies for proper burial and get
          a magician out to investigate before this is done to learn
          of their identities.

            The party moves on in solemn silence down the road.

                                 ---------------

          [Western Marentia - Forest]
          [Novehas 28th, 1634TH]

          [Time: 2:46 pm]

            Arawn sees the pilgrim ready to leave after hearing about
          the tree. He asks directions.  At 15 miles it would take 3-4
          hours out of the way by horse if that and only one way.
          Almost half a day would delay things.  But his interest is
          still intrigued.

            "I'd love to see it when I can," Arawn answered to the men's
          inquiry. "Have any blessings been seen to manifest there yet?"

            The man shrugs, "I don't know.  But the village is selling
          water and some food.  Some are selling jewelry and beads.
          It seems to be big business for them."

            Kiet looks over to the Druid.  He considers what he says but
          Kiet's interests are rather different.

            "Well, in my homeland Domiel is not known.  Only a small
          minority of us even recognize Gaia, Ben Nez,  Girra, then, of
          course, Zu and Manakel.  Zu for strength on the seas, and
          Manakel for safety and success.  Even these are suppressed by
          the authorities for other deities."

            "My interest is more in the tree that has been struck by
          lightning.  Think of the affinity that wood would have as a
          wand or jewelry for Storm magic!"

            Kell looks serious, "things are seen in muffins and rock
          walls all the time.  In Ba'ru my aunt thought she saw her
          dead grandmother in a badly made cake so much she never ate it.
          So this tree seems to look like this god?  I wonder how
          life like.  But as to taking items I suspect the villagers
          might have a issue with that."

            Arawn gave Kiet a look, leaning in to speak quietly with the
          man. "Do you wish to pay it a visit?," he asked. "I must admit
          I'm curious to see if the Lord of Elements has chosen to
          manifest there or if it's merely a coincidence."

            "We could try to check it out and then catch up with the
          others. Or else pay it a visit in the very near future."

          [Time: 7:22 pm]

            IT is not till well after dinner that Arawn gets to spend
          time with the Inn Keeper as he was busy before then.  He
          buys the man his own ale.

            "Thank you for telling us about the road station. Beyond
          that, is there any other word of what lies ahead - recent
          troubles or items of interest?"

            "And have you heard about Domiel's tree?

            The Inn Keeper chuckles at the tree.  "That thing is
          recent.  Many around here have gone to seek it out.  To
          be honest I found a face at the bottom of the outhouse
          out back.  Was it a god or just my imagination?  Who knows.
          But I would not want to worship waste."  He laughs and
          drinks his own ale from his own bar.  "I've not had any
          desire to go to Thaliba.  I hear Porta is a open city
          but its full of vile pirates.  The capital is closed to
          outsiders.  But there is a camp nearby that folks can
          sleep in before moving north.  Other than no clue what
          is around.  I hear the barbarians in the woods can be
          dangerous.  But once you get to the border they will
          give you any advice.  I do hear from caravans though
          the Thalibans do charge high road fees.  Course this
          is one of their main incomes so I guess I don't blame them."

                                 ---------------

          [Western Marentia - Forest]
          [Novehas 30th, 1634TH]

          [Time: 6:13 pm]

            In the forest around the campfire Arawn brings up the
          topic of his Battle Mind Spell again.  The cousins do
          not seem interested as it might interfere with their
          innate talent to work as a team.  But the hunter and
          dancer seem to not said much.  So he stands and reminds
          folks of the spell.

            "Although it's been discussed in the past, with new
          companions I thought it would be wise to ask once more if any
          wish to be excluded from the effects of the Battle-Mind when I
          cast the spell? Compliance would help to ensure a successful
          and I'd rather not invade someone's energetic field without
          permission or deal with the resistance that would ensue."

            Kell looks to Arawn, "may want to explain the effects of
          the spell so the new ones."  He nodes to the hunter and
          Dancer. "Can understand it better.   Especially now tha
          Pyan seems to understand us a bit better."  He smiles at
          the hunter.

                                 ---------------

          [Western Marentia - Forest]
          [Decalis 1st, 1634TH]

          [Time: 4:24 am]

          [Time: 4:25:00 am]
          [Phase 0]

            Arawn not sure what is going on decides it is best to
          cast a defensive spell casting Energy Shield.

            Inside the tent Z'leyra casts a invisibility spell upon
          herself.

            Reddof is shot with arrows and Fremea detects the goblins
          in the woods.

            Z'leyra wakes up thanks to her watchful sleep brooch.  She
          yells out quickly about some attack.

            Unali is awoken at the same time thanks to her magical
          dagger scabbard, that Z'leyra made, on her hip.

            At the same time the trees begin to shake a bit and a
          odd sound like a strong gust is heard.  From this Arawn
          wakes up from his Sleep Sight spell.

          [Time: 4:25:03 am]
          [Phase 1]

            Corona surprised by the sudden storm or whatever is going
          on wakes up.  Looking around he becomes concerned and
          takes to the air trying to figure out what is going on.

            Fremea draws her bow to her hand and dives off the  tree.
          She sees Reddof suddenly hit by some arrows and scans the
          area nearby.  In the bushes she can see two goblins with their
           green eyes shining in the dim campfire.  She nocks her bow
           and aims.  The arrow flies but impacts on the ground in the
           bush near the goblin archer.

            The horses begin to get excited and anxious under the sudden
          gust storm of Arawn's sleep sight spell and the sensing of
          creatures approaching.  They begin to make noise.

            Unali in her tent alone wakes up a second before and reaches
          for her second dagger.  The magical dagger is already in her
          scabbard on her makeshift belt.  No time to don clothes she
          does grab her black cloak and exits the tent.  She glances
          around and in the south west between Arawn's and Kell's tents
          she can see the shoulders and head of Reddof as if on his
          knees.  But she is still unsure what is going on until she
          hears movement to the north and behind her.  She whirls around,
          drawing her magical dagger and sees creatures charging.  She
          wraps the cloak around her and prepares for a slaughter -
          hopefully not the party's.

            Arawn sits in his tent alone and to the left he can hear
          grunts from someone about 10 feet away but is not sure who
          it is.  He can hear the howl of the trees and knows something
          bad is going on.  Then the druid hears the growls and snarls
          of either trolls or such foul Kotothi creatures.  Disgusted
          he reaches for his sword and buckler in the tent.

            Then from the west, north and east of the camp 3 Goblins
          seem to yell in their foul language orders to charge.

            Kell wakes up mumbling, "buy buy!"  Then he hears noises and
          his half elven ears seem to pick up a noise he has heard before.
          No time to put on his armor he reaches for his spear and shield.

            Z'leyra with one hand nudges Zabyra awake and the
          other she grabs her staff from nearby.

            Pyan continues so sleep soundly dreaming of hunting
          that great buck.

            Kiet wakes up hearing something like a female yell? Is there
          a storm?  The wind is howling for some reason. he hits Kell in
          the shoulder to wake him up then grabs his boots and puts them
          on.   He reaches for his helmet and dons it.  Then reaches for
          his sword and shield.

            Reddof in great pain yells, "under attack!"  He reaches for
          one arrow in front and yanks it out knowing it is not in a
          critical spot.  But he remains on his knees.  He tries to
          glance around for help and for the unseen enemy.

            Then that is when the horde of goblins charge from all
          sides.  A loud almost insane battle cry, though in that
          weird goblin gibberish, is heard over the howl of the winds as
          it surrounds the campsite.

            Red Shirt continues to sleep thinking of possibly
          adding a red hat to his clothing.

          [Time: 4:25:06 am]
          [Phase 2]

            Corona from high above the camp circles and notices
          the horde encroaching.  He yells out in Eagle that
          creatures are coming from all sides dozens of them.

            Fremea looks west and east and south all around her and now
          the north are dozens and dozens of goblins running toward the
          camp.   She knows the vile creatures are easy to kill but at
          this number it will be a very long and difficult fight.  She
          knows by nature only a few might have bows.  So she aims and
          fires again at archers in the bushes in the south.  The arrow
          misses again though entirely.  Then from the her side vision
          Fremea notices a glint in the south.  A faint aura of mama or
          magic in the south.

            Unali sees the creatures from all sides approaching.  She might
          handle 5 on her own.  But with dozens she could be easily
          overwhelmed.  She goes over her chances and decides stealth is
          her best weapon.  Wit her black cloak and black undergarments
          she shows up as a dark form.  She heads north east into the
          depth of the forest to prepare for a series of stealth attacks.

            Arawn exits the tent and glances around.  To the west, north
          and south he sees glints of green eyes and tusks.  He recognizes
          the vile goblins from the eternal hate of the Sidh.  There must
          be dozens and dozens coming in every direction.  But then just
          10 feet south of him he sees Reddof on his knees with 2 arrows
          in his back.  Based on the angle they came from the west.  Arawn
          moves toward Reddof to cover his rear and tries to find the
          archers.  Then he sees a arrow on the ground about 8 feet
          away as if fired from above.  He can only estimate that the
          archers are in the bushes about 15 feet away to the west.

            Zabyra wakes up but hears movement in the tent. Confused she
          sees am impression of the ground as if movement there.  It must
          be the strange Shaman.  Hearing noises outside she grabs her
          sword and turban then moves to the exit of the tent to exit
          first.  She sees Arawn with a odd shimmer around his body seems
          to be protecting that strange fellow.  Then she hears movement
          and turns around to see many creatures moving fast into camp.

            Kell exits the tent with his spear and shield.  Just in time
          to see the goblins.  He yells out, "triangle formation.  Back
          to back."  It seems it might be best to defend each person
          as things will be soon overwhelming.

            Z'leyra exits the tent invisible and looks back east and
          south.  She sees Reddof wounded but glances back west
          and north.  Toward the horses she sees several goblins cutting
          the ropes that hold the horses at the trees.   She moves
          toward them but wonders if it will be too late.

            Pyan finally wakes up after hearing Kell yell.  Confused
          he can hear weird noises like animals outside.  Unsure
          he grabs his weapons and prepares to leave the tent.

            Kiet exits the tent after Kell and activates his boots
          for speed.  Kiet notices Reddof on his knees.  Then he
          sees the goblins charging from the south.  If he can
          help to create a fire line it might stop them for a few
          seconds.  He quickly moves south and prepares to active
          his boots to create a bit of flame.

            Reddof finally manages to stand with two arrows in his
          back.  He draws his sword and turns south toward the
          charging goblins.

            Four of the goblins finish cutting the ropes of the horses
          and yank them causing the horses to move.  The Warhorses
          by instinct fight back but the riding horses are not so well
          trained and move with them west into the darkness.

            Four goblins move left of where Fremea was originally at
          guard and heads for Red Shirt's tent where he is still sleeping
          Three surround the entrance and one enters the tent.  The
          goblin brings down his club onto the sleeping man and hits
          him in the back doing 4 points of damage.

            Four others from the north move past a hidden Unali and
          move toward the camp from the north east.

            At the same time four from the east move into the edge
          of the camp moving toward the tents. For others weave
          through the tree and bushes and move westward.

            Four from the south weave through the bushes and
          in a line move toward Kell.  Four more from the south
          pass bushes and move between them toward Reddof, Kiet
          and Arawn.

            The goblins pull six of the horses away into the darkness
          into the west.   But 5 of the horses remain around in
          a circle fighting back with heads and hooves.

            Eight more goblins charge from the darkness from the west
          at the same time as the horses are taken away.

            Red Shirt feels the pain and wakes up instantly.  He
          rolls over and grabs a dagger.  He stabs at the creature
          hitting him in the chest doing 6 points of damage.  The
          creature falls on top of him but Red Shirt notices there
          are three just outside the flap of the tent.

          Actions?  Comments?

          Next Update....Friday...

          GM: Ok.  A good place to stop.  Two phases and will do 2 more
              for Friday.  If you hadn't kept count this is something
              like 30+ goblins entering the camp.  The map may get a bit
              confusing with the slew of symbols.  But this is the best
              I can do until the numbers are culled down.  I am off
              Thursday so next update I will start Thursday noon EST.
              Any posts after that may be too late to add.  Since
              the map may be confusing you can give me a general
              idea and I can work it out.  Keep in mind putting on armor
              would've taken time.  While the goblins don't have armor
              in general this at least puts you on equal grounds.  It took
              time to gather weapons and exit the tent so now all but
              Red Shirt are outside.   I still have no heard back on
              the loot to sell at the roadside inn?

              As you can figure this will be a long update for me due
              the number of goblins.  So a typical phase may take
              3 hours.  So this is why I want to start by noon Thursday
              in order to be done by that night.

          GM: Arawn - Exiting took time and could not cast your Warrior
                spell until you were outside to figure out what was
                going on.  If you still want to do the Warrior/Vine
                spell let me know I'll cast each in both phases and
                have you defend Reddof unless you have other plans?
                There is not time yet to hide in forest as you
                are in open so if you enter the forest then you
                can do stealth mode.  But to be frank your
                shield is going to be the best defense the party
                has so hiding may not be needed.

              Fremea - I assume you may either guard the camp or
                investigate the mana source?  Let me know.

              Kiet - Assume you still use the fire to block the
                goblins from the SW (may be hard to tell from
                the map but I can figure it out.  Might even have
                time to do something for the goblins on the SE.

              Unali - I figure leaving the camp and using the darkness
                is far better than being overwhelmed in the open
                where you can be seen.  Now you can attack guerilla style.
                I know enough of your tactics to figure this out unless
                you have other plans?

              Zabyra - This could be risky.  You may want to move toward
                the others like Kell or Arawn and fight back to back.
                Since you have no horse did you want to take one of
                the horses as your personal horse?

              Pyan - Hope your still out there been awhile.  I will
                 assume using spear.  You may want to join up back
                 to back with the others as well?

              Z'leyra - Goblins everywhere.  But do you go after
                the horses or those about to attack Red Shirt
                trapped in his tent? Or do you have other plans?
                You will have to remain still and cast Quarrels
                for that one phase though.  So do you do Quarrels
                first and then fight?  The goblins in the west
                are easy targets for Quarrels but it is possible
                to affect the horses.  Diameter of the spell
                will be tricky.   You could try to move behind
                them and cast while not affecting the horses
                but the goblins might've moved away from that
                spot by then?  You can cast it and risk the
                horses not to kill each other?

          GM: New Issue to resolve - Just reread the spells for WS
              and Sleep Sight.  The person is asleep for the full
              duration.  This means Arawn, Z'leyra and Unali will
              be sleeping for no less than 7 hours.  This means
              3 less possible sentries as they don't wake up until
              then.  So we can assume sleep at 10 or 11 and wake up
              around 4-5am.  Means a possible window they can
              all sentry of maybe 1-2 hours without extending their
              sleep over the normal time.  So you three how do
              you wish to resolve this? :)

          GM: Arawn/Kiet - Tree so Did you guys visit the tree?
                I assume a teleport and hike?  If the part
                stops and grazes the horse it could allow you
                10 min.  The party arrived at the Inn something
                like 10-15 minutes before sunset.  So you could
                in theory have a 10+15=25 minute window to spend
                at the tree? Beyond that it would take the
                party into darkness to find the Inn.  If so
                let me know what you do and how long you stay..

          GM: Spells
                                         Start     End
                Arawn    Energy Shield  4:25:03  4:27:03
                Z'leyra  Invisibility   4:25:03  4:28:03

          GM: Bandit Treasure

                6 Riding Horse Is
                3 Riding Horse IIIs
                6 Swords
                5 Fighting Daggers
                3 2 Man Tents & Gear
                1 Gold Ring estimated value 2 gold?
                Cooking/Bedding Materials (Blankets, etc)
                Money -
                   Gold       - 2
                   Silver     - 5
                   Copper     - 13
                   Brass Bits - 391
                Assorted sets of clothing nothing fancy
                32 Travel Rations
                3 Bottles of Rum, 2 Bottles of Cheap Wine
                6 Blow Tubes for Darts
                12 undamaged darts with poison

          GM: Second Leg of Travel Malnon to Thaliba City.

              * Completed Journey

                Location/Terrain       Miles       Day
              * Malnon City              -    Nov 22     -
              * West - Plains           60    Nov 23-24  1-2
              * Roadside Inn             -    Nov 24     2
              * West - Forest          100    Nov 25-28  3-6
              * West - Plains           20    Nov 28     6
              * Roadside Inn                  Nov 28 6pm 7
              * West - Forest           50    Nov 29-30  8-9
              * West - Forest           30    Dec 1
              * Current - 20 miles to Border
                Thaliba Border
                West - Plains           20    Dec  3-4  10-11
                Thaliba City                  Dec  5 10am?
                              Total    280

          GM: Goblin Map -

               /I\ - North

          1         2         3         4
12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ A
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  B
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ C
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  D
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ E
\__/  \__/  \__/  %%%%T T__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  F
/  \__/  \__/%%%__/T \__%%%%%_/  \__/  \__/  \_ G
\__/  \__/  \_%%  \__/%%\_%%T \%%%  \__/  \__/  H
/  \__/  \__/  %%_TT GG_%%%%%G/UT%%_/  \__/  \_ I
\__/  \__/  \__    HHGR \__/GGG_%%%%\__/  \__/  J
/  \__/  \__/  \   HH\__/  \__/GGG__/  \__/  \_ K
\__/  \__/  \_GGGG\__/**\_F/  G_%%%%\__/  \__/  L
/  \__/  \__/ GGHH/  \**/  \__/ GT%T/  \__/  \  M
\__/  \__/  \_TGGH\__/  \_P/  \%%GGG\__/  \__/  N
/  \__/  \__/ %%%_/Z \__/  \__%%%\__/  \__/  \  O
\__/  \__/  \_T/  \_B/  K__/T%%%%/  \__/  \__/  P
/  \__/  \__/  %%%%%AR_E/G%%%%/  \__/  \__/  \  Q
\__/  \__/  \__/  G__/ %%%G/T \__/  \__/  \__/  R
/  \__/  \__/  \_GG%%%%T/  GG_T  \__/  \__/  \  S
\__/  \__/  \__/  G__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  T
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \  U
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  V
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \  W
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  X
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \  Y

Legend -
    ** - Campfire (Illuminates 30 feet around)
    Road - About 120 feet north of campfire
    % - Bush/Shrub - 4-7 feet tall bush
    T - Tree - 10-30 feet tall
    Tents not shown on map to relieve clutter

    A - Arawn     [P21]  - Back to back to Reddof facing West
    K - Kell      [P25]  - Facing South
    E - Kiet      (U26]  - Facing South
    U - Unali     [I32]  - Hidden by tree facing SW behind goblins
    Z - Z'leyra   [O20]  - Invisible, Facing west
    B - Zabyra    [P31]  - Facing south/west
    R - Red Shirt [J23]  - In tent trapped
    P - Pyan      (N27]  - Outside tent facing east
    R - Reddof    [Q22]  - On foot, facing south
    F - Fremea    [L27]  - 35' feet high hovering, facing South/west
    C - Corona    [??/]  - Circling above camp
    H - Horses Tied up against trees.(6 have been taken)

    Goblins - Listed as G symbols too many for individual symbols.
    #1 - [I22]      #14- [M16]      #27- [T19]
    #2 - [I23]      #15- [N16]      #28- [S18]
    #3 - [G22]      #16- [N17]      #29- [Q26]
    #4 - [---] KO   #17- [K32]      #30- [R27]
    #5 - [I30]      #18- [K33]      #31- [S28]
    #6 - [J29]      #19- [K34]      #32- [S29]
    #7 - [J30]      #20- [L31]      #33- [???] \
    #8 - [J31]      #21- [M33]      #34- [???]  \West with
    #9 - [L15]      #22- [N34]      #35- [???]  /Horses?
    #10- [L16]      #23- [N35]      #36- [???] /
    #11- [L17]      #24- [N36]
    #12- [L18]      #25- [R19]
    #13- [M15]      #26- [S19]

For ease of viewing without the hexes in main area

/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ E
\__/  \__/        %%%%T T             _/  \__/  F
/  \__/  \__ %%%   T    %%%%%          \__/  \_ G
\__/  \__/    %%      %%  %%T  %%%     /  \__/  H
/  \__/  \__   %% TT GG %%%%%G UT%%    \__/  \_ I
\__/  \__/         HHGR     GGG %%%%      \__/  J
/  \__/  \__       HH\         GGG     \__/  \_ K
\__/  \__/    GGGG    **  F   G %%%%   /  \__/  L
\__/  \__/    TGGH        P    %%GGG   /  \__/  N