[pnpgm] Game Update #137 - File #538 - Parents meet party

Tobie Bonahoom bonahoom at hotmail.com
Thu May 21 09:07:19 CEST 2015

>             Etain steps forward and stares a few seconds.  "In our
>           travel your friends said you were from Marentia? Is
>           this the place you speak of?  I am a teacher.  I understand
>           Marentia is not hateful of Sidh but a bit more tolerant.
>           I think It was...Kell who said Kaylle is even a librian
>           in that world.  I would be honored to help teach and even
>           help Kaylle.  Unless this place is not what  you speak of?"

Fremea looks at Etain, with soft eyes for the first time, as if she really sees him for who he is. "Yes, that is the place I speak of. I have come to understand much about your role and how I did not treat you with respect in it. I wish to correct that. There are some ways for you to teach again too."

>             Raban pulls Fremea to the side and whispers.  "I am very
>           glad you found your parents.  This last week has been...
>           trying.  Almost dying twice in a week by apes in the
>           same manner has made me think."  He pauses and looks sad
>           but watches the others who seem happy.  "I actually started
>           out in this country as a green bard.  The death of that
>           slave girl also affected me.  I would follow you to the
>           ends of the world.  But with this mission done....I need
>           to consider things.  If you allow me to release from your
>           charge I will stay here.  I have friends in the east in
>           Xian.  I need to get back to basics.  Consider my own
>           path in this world.  I am truly sorry to even ask.  But
>           if you still need me I will stay.  I know that my body
>           is very obvious.  The guards would be looking for it.  But
>           the bard in the tavern can smuggle me out.  The bard network
>           here is actually better than in Marentia.  I could be out
>           of the city by sunrise.  But again if you need me to return
>           to Marentia I will do so."

She smiles at Raban, knowing that this would come one day. "My dear friend, it is not for you to ask, but it is for you to decide. I thought about asking you to stay before we left the tavern, but was not sure if you wanted it. It is time for you to get your own healing, to travel your own ways. I am no longer in need of your protection, but I would love to always have your friendship. I do hope you will come to Marentia to visit us again." She wraps her arms around his neck, then realizes that is where he got hurt again and instead hugs his rather large arm. And for the second time really in her life, tears flow down her face. "Do what is important to you."

Once the party is together, at least those that are going back to Marentia, "Is there anything anyone needs to do before we go? I know we have done more than just find my parents, and for that I am very appreciative. I believe I have found a new family and will continue to protect any who need to be."