[pnpgm] Game Update #136 - File #495 - Hunt for Mage

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Fri Mar 6 06:56:01 CET 2015

   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   JH Hooten............YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   -- Npc...............YY..Etain.............Teacher.Normal/Elf......Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #126 in sequence (file #495)

        From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
          Mostly Kiet is just going to allow his mana to regen as quickly
          as it can.  Was assuming I was wagon driver...but if not, that's
          OK. There's not much I can 'study' on the road.

          If demons attack again, cast a banish vs chaos max EL
        GM: Ack. Well you are share-driving.  But there are a few things
            you can do maybe.  I'm going to do a separate post on this
            as a topic.  For you I could see points given for Acrobat,
            Actor, Plains Survival, Languages, Rope Making (your sitting
            for hours) and Teamster.  So any of those I could give full
            or partial points to.  I'll assume teamster for half the days
            as you trade off with Kell?  If not let me know.  If you want
            to sit you can do the other skills as well and just let
            Kell drive either way is fine.

        From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
          Fremea will look over Etain herself too, just to make sure he
          is ok. Otherwise, it would be good to make sure there is no
          disease in him or his energy. Don't need to have an actual bad
          Etain arise now.

          Herbalist skill for IBT time.

          Otherwise, she will practice the meditations to control her
          emotions.

          <the illusion or believing that the final piece is somewhere
          other than what the painting shows, is a good idea too, but
          Fremea needs to not know anything about it. So, if others want
          to give ideas on what it should be, then we can get that setup
          too.>
        GM: Ack.   Don't think you can get points in meditation but that's
            a good side things to do.  Builds character.

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Will needs to improve his horsemanship so he borrows an easy
          riding horse during stops and gets lessons and 'advice' while
          circling the party.

          While a passenger in the wagon he practices his art at drawing
          by using different techniques to draw locations they pass.

          Z'leyra keeps alert for any useful plants and herbs while she
          practices her survival skills. During breaks and at camp when
          Will is trying to ride she will teach him and give advice and
          make comments. "Don't sit in the saddle like a sack of ...

          If she has not cast a Knowledge spell in the last twelve days
          she will go thru the Orient Self, EL0 Purification, EL0
          Divination and ELmax Knowledge sequence to improve her skill
          at the Knowledge spell by learning what the spirits tell her
          about the spell as well as by the practice she gets.
        GM: Ack.  Cast one a couple days before the update.  But the
            other Know spell was a very long time ago.

        From David: [Re: Game options]
          Formatting:

          I read mine on my iPad.  Almost always just in email. Unless
          the format automatically wrapped, I wouldn't want a change.

          Sadly, nothing I seem to do makes the maps make any sense.  My
          problem.  It doesn't seem to make much difference.

          IBT time:

          Kiet really needs to recharge.  About the only skills he could
          effectively learn anything about while on the road would be
          survival.  I think for next time I might have to do things like
          perform part of a play for the group when we stop for the night.
          It might be fun!

          I'm not a fan of 'on the road' IBT's (this is just a comment of
          personal preference, not a complaint) so I tend not to use them
          much.  Picking up experience for survival or horsemanship or
          driving the wagon makes sense.  I know, I know....it's whatever
          the GM allows ??

          Da Next Game:

          I'm mostly just interested PnP as I am unfamiliar with any of
          those other systems.  On the other hand, I enjoy sci-fi a lot
          so wouldn't mind learning a new one.  But PnP is my preference.

          Other stuff:

          I've thought about running a PBEM...but I'm not really sure
          how it would be received.  Magic and magicians would be rare...
          any mage would find raising EL levels to be more difficult...
          riches would also be more difficult to obtain.  Weapons and
          armor would be limited, especially in civilized areas.  Some
          info about your character might even be kept secret by the GM.
          On plus side, I would try to help you make your character more
          real, there would be images including maps.
        GM: Ack.  I click the text at 80 characters now for my ancient
            methods.  So technically there is no auto wrap on the emails
            unless its done in the email program.  If I upgrade to a
            modern editor then it'd wrap it unless I format it.  As to
            maps is it the alignment or characters?  Alignment I can
            see since tabs and spaces can be stripped.  Characters
            should be universal since its basic ASCII set.  Unless
            your on a Chinese or European computer. :)  Road IBT is
            just filler. I figure we could poof its 3 weeks later.  But
            that would irk some folks.  So I allow options.  Unless
            you do 100 spells a day its pretty fast/easy.  In table
            games I tend to avoid IBTs.  But since folks may not have
            time to play table games (myself included) its a bit fun
            to just fast forward some things.  It's why I'm more lenien
            on things like IBT and magic and loot.  As to other games
            I do have rules typed up for some like Fringeworthy (entire
            books I typed up) or Gamma World (probably 40%), some systems
            like Bond, Trek, Star Wars, Hawkmoon really don't need to
            learn/read rules.  I mean like Trek you just need a char
            sheet and bam you're done.  For Hawkmoon maybe have a copy
            of the charts and your ready.  Some systems like Fringeworthy,
            Ghostbusters, Hawkmoon I wrote programs up for everything
            like FW its all can be done by computer.  I enjoy ONE book
            systems like FW or such so don't need to collect 800 books like
            DND to read.  So aside form Trek, SW its pretty much 1 book
            systems.  I just miss running the other stuff over the years.
            Days where could game in morning, college classes in afternoon
            and game at night till 1am are over.  Days could stay up 96
            hours gaming are gone (barely can handle 30 hours).  As to
            you doing a pbem that would be great.  In my experience most
            fail in 6 months.  If you could make it based that you can do it.
            I agree that what you make is good.  I personally agree with
            you look at Xian my guy in pnp.  I think he has a single magic
            item and nothing else.  I don't have a warehouse of things
            in my bags like some.  I believe in the character over the
            things.  Non magic guys I tend to do simple folks like bounty
            hunters or folks with a simple whip compared to the normal
            plate and great sword.  Opps. I'm babbling and boring the
            others so can talk about this in email if need be. I'd
            sign up instantly on any pnp pbem you'd make :).

          [Sepes 30th, 1634TH]
          [Location: Plains, Donara]

          [Time: 3:20:00 am - Plains, Donara]

            Fremea will look over Etain herself too, just to make sure he
          is ok. Otherwise, it would be good to make sure there is no
          disease in him or his energy. Don't need to have an actual bad
          Etain arise now.

            Fremea sits and stares at the resting Etain.  Shortly before
          he was in a coma and then helped by Z'leyra.  Now he is resting
          and sleeping per her orders.  The man is so irritating.  The
          person who taught her bad and good things.  The person who
          taught her how to fight.  How to be sneaky.  But not how to
          be kind and like Arawn.  Why didn't he do that?  Was she
          only to be a tool?  He did teach her how to laugh though.  How
          to make folks laugh as part of her duty to get them off
          guard before the attack.  For years for most of her childhood
          she hated and loved this Elf.

            Then just like that he comes back onto the scene.  A defeated
          drunk Elf who said he looked for her.  She has no doubt he
          probably did.  But is he part of this whole thing?  The others
          or some suspect he might be.  But he risked his life and
          almost died when Varange daggered him in the heart.  Was
          that staged or to save her?

            It is ironic that a defeated drunk Elf is showing her a
          side of herself that Arawn is helping to bring out.  A
          good side that if she was the old Fremea from years ago
          this Elf might be dead from her own hands.

            Now fate has laughed and made this sight before her.
          Here on the cold plains staring at a sleeping Etain wondering
          if he is sick and could die wondering if he can help to
          locate her parents.  The whole thing could hinge on him
          or others in the next few days.

            Lucky the next couple days Etain and others are checked.
          By those who can detect and sense magic.  But there doe snot
          seem to be anymore disease aurae among any others.  The mage
          must've got lucky only with Z'leyra and the demons are just
          some random thing.

                                         ---------

          [Octagi 2nd, 1634TH]
          [Location: Plains, Donara]

          [Time: 10:19:23 am - Plains, Donara]

            The party is now about two hours from halfway point.  In
          fact the next town is larger by a factor of 10 than the
          other small towns visited along the way.  There are maybe
          a thousand folks at any one time.  It has most of the modern
          things a city does compared to the small 150 person town
          that only has a barn for a hotel.  It is a crossroads for
          caravans and travelers going north and south between the
          two major cities.

            The party is talking about the best tavern food around
          they've had.  It is odd how these topics seem to come up
          but boredom can bring up such topics as best outhouses to
          worst mothers.

            The road continues north and for the most part it is
          straight with a few twists and minor turns.  The wide
          plains to the side and all around can show things and
          people for miles.

            It is not uncommon for riders, walkers or wagons to pass
          in any given direction on the road.  It is not rare either
          for riders to be riding on the plains to avoid the roads.

            One such scene is scene as the party talks about Kell's
          best seafood in Ba'ru.  There is a large group of riders
          going east to west and moving fast.  There must be at least
          over a dozen riders.

            As the party nears it is clear the riders will pass over
          the road and in front of the party about a quarter mile away
          north of them.  It does not seem they are on a intercept
          course at all.

            As the time passes the party speeds up just a bit to get
          a better view of the riders.  It soon is discovered they
          are wearing the Donaran blue and grays of a patrol.  Likely
          based on their uniforms they are non city patrol but maybe
          a fort patrol.  Among the 9 guards there are 5 others in
          various other clothing for riding.  One is wearing a obvious
          robe of a priest.   One has a business like suit for merchants
          or city officials.

            The party watches the riders cross over the road to the
          west side and moves on.  Two in the back glance at the
          party and one points.  One of the rear guards slows down
          as the others move away.  The guard turns and waits for
          the party to approach.

            "Did you see anything odd last night?"  He asks.

            Kell shakes his head, "we were maybe 20 or so miles away last
          night.  Why?"

            "Nothing to concern you.  Move along."  He turns his horse
          and watches as the party moves on.  The guard eyes the
          party closely.  "You.  Are you a healer?"  He points to
          Arawn.  The druid nods slightly.

            "Can you join me?  Last night the town nearby about four
          miles west of here was attacked.  Some were hurt."

            Arawn glances at Fremea for direction.  The guard continues,
          "Reports of strange events like animals attacking masters."

            Fremea perks up and realizes maybe Varange was in the area?
          Or maybe the mage?  She gives a very subtle nod and the wagon
          and group moves to follow the group.

          [Time: 10:26:42 am - Plains, Donara]

            From a distance the town looks more like a farm or a large
          co-op with a few buildings.  But up close it looks like maybe
          a dozen homes around a town fountain square.

            The party enters the town on foot and looks around.  There
          are signs of scorch marks where three homes burnt.  Some others
          are showing lightning strike marks.  There are two dead horses
          as well as three dogs who seem to have died from farm tools.
          There are a dozen or so snakes all along the road street that
          seem to have been hacked as well by farm shovels or such.

            The man in robe is giving blessings and dead rights for at least
          six people clumped on the street including one boy who looks
          like had his throat ripped out by a dog or another animal.

            The party helps a bit in clean up but for most of the hurt
          folks the other 3 healers who got here earlier treated the
          main wounds.  There is little healing that needs to be done
          at this point.  It seems the larger town sent at least a
          few healers earlier this morning.

            The party hears the people talk and it is quickly learned
          that last night around 11 or so a storm arrived.  Though
          the nearby town with over a thousand says no such storm was
          around.  It seems just before it started horses and dogs started
          to act up kicking and biting.  Even one cow seemed to kick
          one farmer.  Bugs and snakes arrived and attacked as well.
          Then the storm came and lightning hit buildings.  Then as
          quickly as it came it was gone.

            After about 15 minutes in the town a guard finds the party.
          "The mayor has asked you to leave as well as any outsiders.
          We are moving out soon.  But the townsfolks want to settle
          down from this tragedy."  He whispers a bit low.  "They
          fear the outsiders like yourselves and ...they are afraid."

            Six guards soon come to escort the party out of the town.

            The party gets back onto the road and confer.  Some believe
          it might've been Varange with his first and second piece.
          But some also wonder if it was the mage or another mage or
          just totally separate.  But the attacking animals seem ot
          move the votes toward Varange.  Which means he could
          have only a day's head start ahead of the party.  If he
          is flying he must be testing the pieces.

            Raban growls, "another reason to stop him."

          [Time: 11:00:03 am - Plains, Donara]

            With the recent attack on the town, Arawn has decided to
          finish the hunt for the mage.  Maybe he is closer now.  It
          has been days but magic can find people and things.  Being
          so close maybe there is a chance.   He asks the party to
          stop so he can cast his spells.  Since the party is near
          the large town they can enter while he and Fremea go after
          the mage.

            Kell watches Arawn prepare his supplies.  As he does he
          comments. "Finding folks or items is good with magic. But
          if you don't know a person like this guy then you need more
          info.  Otherwise chances are slim to find him.  Its like me
          finding some merchant who sold grandma a ring that I have
          no clue on anything about him.  But those ape collars might
          help you at least where he has been or may be."

            Arawn purifies the ground using his wand and then casts a
          Luck spell for his chances.  Arawn knows he has risks the
          attention of the gods for casting Wisdom again.   But maybe
          he can placate them by a sacrifice.  After a few minutes
          he creates a small fire of twigs.  He begins to chant and
          pray to the gods for his task.  He then grabs the 4 inch
          strip of bdellium he had already and places it into the fire
          to show he is willing to lose something.  In a temple he
          might even could include gold but out in the wild there
          is no way for that to happen without just leaving ashes.

            Holding the ape collars he begins to cast the Wisdom spell
          once more.   He asks the location of this mysterious mage
          and the creator of this collar.  What seems like only 5 minutes
          but is actually 7 minutes Arawn leaves the trance with a
          general idea of where the creator of the collar.  He is actually
          far south near Samma they just left!  That means they missed
          him 3.5 days or so ago.  Arawn sees a cabin of some sort right
          in the middle of the plains with no cover.  Since the party
          went by he asks Corona about the cabin.

            Corona explains he recalls the place in his aerial recon.
          A old cabin with not much to it.  It was about 3 miles from
          the road to the west and about 12 miles north of the city
          gate itself.   That would make him to the south 70-85 miles
          away.  Too far to just ride back.  That would need a translocate.

            Arawn grabs the collars and casts a tracking spell on them
          using the more complex form of magic.  To find the creator
          of the collars.  It gives direction to the south and at
          87.5 miles.  Arawn then stands and douses the fire and asks
          for Fremea to join.  It would take days to get back to the
          cabin by horse at least 2 or 3.  So he has no choice but
          to translocate.

            Raban stands and asks, "can I join?  You could take us all.  But
          I think I can help you two."

            Arawn looks to Fremea who nods.   A giant can be useful against
          this.  If the mage is indeed there he can return with the others.
          to take everyone it would need two full trips regardless.
          In order to take the large giant Arawn has to cast a higher level
          of spell.

            The three bid them goodbye for now.  They should return no longer
          then 10-15 minutes if all goes well.  Arawn then casts the spell
          to translocate the three.  But decides to do it 2 miles away from
          the cabin.  Raban grabs the two and runs into the air.  He tells
          them to place them in the sky say a hundred feet.

            In seconds the three carried by Raban appear in a different
          area of the plains.  Raban flies toward the cabin slowly.  All
          three can see a small 1 maybe 2 room shack.  Very old maybe
          100 years old or more.  But as they get closer they can see
          timbers and walls as if hit by a storm.  In fact the roof
          is caved in.  As they circle the cabin they can see burn
          marks from a fire.  The place has been destroyed.  But
          this is where he should be?

            As they circle a third time the trio sees a body under a pile
          of timbers through the collapsed roof.  But there does not seem
          to be any others.  Raban decides to land near the cabin before
          the others can prepare spells to cloak them.

            Cautiously Raban moves toward the cabin.  The front door itself
          is on its hinges but half off.  Raban rips the simple door off
          and lunges inside.  He looks around and then yells back.  "It is
          clear."

            Inside the destroyed cabin the trio finds a tall human in
          his 40s with burnt flesh and stab wounds.  The guy had
          to have been burnt for some time.  His skin is half off and
          peeled away.  His face is hard to determine features.

            The cabin itself looks like it was hit by one of Kell's
          whirlwind while it was on fire.  With the tracking spell
          Arawn clearly finds his man, the one who created the collars.

            "So this was the mage?  Maybe Varange crossed him or they
          fought after they got here?"  Raban asks.

            The three look for any signs of life or items.  But there
          is nothing but dishes, utensils, some clothing and a chest
          full of other clothing.  The clothing has that flair of a
          mage or wizard but not overaly flashy.  The style that
          Kell or Z'leyra wear it seems.  But there is nothing but
          ashes of any other items.

          [Time: 11:32:11 am - Plains, Donara]

            The trio leave the cabin.  Best to leave before the city
          finds this hulk and blames them.  Taking to the air again
          Arawn casts his translocate spell back to the party.

            They all report the results.

            "That was easy.  Varange must be more powerful than
          I figured to take this guy down...or just more sneaky."
          Kell looks at Fremea and knows the Fae can be clever.

            The party continues onward and enters the large town
          for the last part of their trip.  Now about halfway there
          or so.

          [Time: During the following days...]

             Z'leyra keeps alert for any useful plants and herbs while she
          practices her survival skills. During breaks and at camp when
          Will is trying to ride she will teach him and give advice and
          make comments. "Don't sit in the saddle like a sack of potatoes,
          use your legs to smooth out how your upper body moves...flex
          your back!" "Easy on the reins, horses respond better when you
          only pull the reins to signal them, not pulling on them all the
          time."

                                 -----------------

          [Octagi 3rd, 1634TH]
          [Location: Plains, Donara]

          [Time: 11:55:00 pm - Plains, Donara]

            Raban is on sentry duty with Etain.  Etain likes this time of
          night to recharge and feel the cool air.  As Etain sits by
          the campfire, Raban patrols the camp.  He hums a song he learned
          from another Bard years ago about a girl who regrets losing her
          dad after marrying a man.  He keeps is very quiet and low to
          keep the others in their tents asleep.

            Suddenly a horse can be heard in the darkness.  The camp is
          about 1.5 miles away from the main road and the campfire is
          seen for miles in this open territory.

            Raban moves toward the direction and waits.  Soon the whites
          of a person'a eyes can be seen moving toward the camp slowly.

            "Sir!  May I have get some water?"

            The man stops his horse on the edge of the camp and a horse
          begins to breathe a bit more than usual.

            Raban walks near and sees the man has no weapons aside from
          a simple knife probably for cutting ropes or such but not for
          flesh.  "Certainly.  I have a full canteen over here."

            The man nods and dismounts.  "I am moving fast and lost my
          waterskin a day ago.  I need it mainly for the horse.  We've
          moved fast to Samma."  He takes the waterskin and begins to
          drink some.  He then reaches into a pouch and pulls a cup out
          and pours some for his horse.

            Raban notices a large bag on the man's left side a clear
          sign he must be a messenger or courier.

            After refreshing both horse and man the man hands the skin
          back to Raban. "Thank you.  The next town is half a day's
          ride and don't think the horse could last that long.  I'm
          on a run to deliver a special recipe for a healer.  Certain
          person in Samma is sick with something rare and the capital
          had records on it.  In my haste I lost some food and water.
          Normally my service has spare horses to exchange in some towns
          but this time could not prepare for it."

            Raban turns to the tents and back to the man.  "We could
          get you to Samma in a instant."

            The man mounts up.   "Sorry but the herb or plant or whatever
          I have is destroyed near magic.  So I must get there alone.
          But thank you.  This is a strong horse.  I'll ride a bit more and
          then camp."

            "Take this spare skin and some food."  Etain offers.

            The man rides off and is happy.  Etain asks Corona to fly over
          and watch him a bit if he doesn't mind.  He speaks in plain
          Donaran since doesn't know how to speak the Eagle tongue.  The
          eagle agrees and watches for some time.

            "You believe he had some special herbs like that?"  Raban asks.

            Etain shrugs, "Don't know.  But he seemed kind.  I have heard
          there are some flowers that decay around magic.  Just like some
          are enhanced by magic and thrive.  So who knows."

                                 -----------------

          [Octagi 4th, 1634TH]
          [Location: Plains, Donara]

          [Time: 4:10:17 pm - Plains, Donara]

            The party are moving fast down the road north to the capital.
          It is warmer than usual, in the 60s and the skies are clear
          for a change.  Maybe that adds to the faster speed of the party
          or maybe its just imagination.

            Coming south down the road are three people.  But they are
          dressed in head to toe in black.  Can only see tiny slits in
          the cloth for eyes.  Unali notices this first and perks up as
          she has done the same at times.  Dressing in all black cloth
          to shadow her presence by simple clothing.

            As the three get closer they seem to step off the road to
          avoid the party and walk on the sand.

            Kell now riding as Kiet drives, waves to one.  "We are not
          bandits.  No need to fear us."

            The three nod and continue.  Unali moves a bit closer by
          choice with her horse toward the three to get a better look.
          The three step away further.

            "Please no approach."  One the middle tallest man it seems
          speaks up.

            Raban asks them, "are you hurt?"

            "No.  We avoid contact with others.  To avoid sickness and
          problems. Good day."

            As the three move south, the party speak about them. Most
          feel they are just crazy or weird.  The healers know that
          cloth will not stop everything bad.  Some are in the air and
          can kill you.

            "Some nobles are just prone to avoid folks."  Raban speaks
          up as he rides.

            "No.  They were pesants.  Their boots were definitely
          not high quality but working man style.  The cloth was
          simple ones might find it in a market not a high end tailor
          shop." Kell points his observations.

          [Time: 4:18:44 am - Plains, Donara]

            This night Raban and Kiet are on sentry duty.  Kiet is
          on patrol as Raban is tuning his instrument.

            Suddenly Kiet hears a growl behind him. He turns and draws
          his javelin and shield up.  A glint in the darkness is seen
          and it moves forward to reveal a dog.  Kiet calms down but
          the dog continues to growl.

            Some wild dogs can be dangerous but others are so docile they
          run from humans.  Kiet then notices a limp in one paw and
          realizes he must be hurt.

            The dog that stands 2 feet tall continues to growl and
          Kiet realizes he is just hurt.  From the last town this
          morning he still has a stick of meat in his pouch.  He
          draws it out and waves it then tosses it to the ground.

            The dog stares and hesitates.  Kiet steps back just as
          Raban approaches.  The dog sees the giant and growls but
          the bard stops and raises a hand.

            Then hunger wins over and the dog lunges for the stick
          of salted meat and eats is fast.

            "He's hurt."  Raban notices and Kiet nods the obvious.

            Raban digs in his bag nearby and finds some cheese but
          dogs don't tell well with that.  He finds some biscuits
          and old slices of ham from a night before.  He tosses it
          to the dog who gobbles it up.

            Raban then sits on the ground to show his height is
          normal.  Once the dog is done he motions for the dog.
          But it takes almost ten minutes before he can coax the
          dog toward him.  He gives the dog some water in a pan
          and he drinks it fast.

            Raban begins to hum a song and pet the dog but he
          growls when his foot is reached for.  The dog backs
          away and Raban just sits and hums.  The dog comes back
          to finish the water off and sits.  The dog allows him
          to be pet and then the dog rolls over for a stomach
          rub that seems to make the dog happy.  With one large
          hand he rubs and the other he inspects the paw.

            The pad is cut and a pebble of some kind is lodged making
          walking difficult.  Raban has seen many of this with horses
          and treated them.  No need to wake up the healers  he
          uses a cooking tong from Z'leyra's cooking pot at the fire
          to gently draw the stone out.  His large fingers would never
          work.  Raban then wraps up the paw and allows the dog to
          sleep.

          [Time: 5:51:15 am - Plains, Donara]

            Arawn wakes up to take sentry duty from Kiet and is informed
          of the dog.  But when they go to find him the dog is gone
          and probably off onto the plains again.

          Actions? Comments?

          Next update...Monday...

          GM: Ok.  We've done what we need to do.  Got the gort.  Found
              the body of the mage.  I've covered some random encounters
              above to complete the travel.  At this point we are ready
              to enter the capital.  But I'll let you guys act and
              react and move the party into the capital next Friday
              (March 13th?) for that update.  This gives you a week
              to add stuff to catch up.  Any IBT will need to be
              done by then.  The use of the gort has not been planned
              either.   So if no posts then I'll move us to the final
              lag and into the capital on Friday.  I'll work on that
              update next Wednesday likely to start.  So you have almost
              a full week.  I've left a lot of stuff open and can RP
              most things if needed.  Just use time marks if you can.
              Like the attack on the town I know folks would want to
              help but the healers were there awhile before.  So why
              just ended it as it was - no need to casts spells or use
              skills .  Unless you still want to.

          GM: Still don't know how to handle the Ruby thing. Kiet/Arawn?
              Who decided to do what?

          GM: Arawn - I did the mage hunt fast and loose.  Since your busy
               it'd have been weeks to react/act/react.  I hope it is
               acceptable.  As to mana I've halt your mana at the end
               of that mage hunt.  I suspect you may want to do more stuff.
               If you do more then let me know.  If not then I'll then
               and post the new mana report on entering the capital.
               As to current mana it really depends on when/if/what day
               you do stuff.  If before the mage hunt I'll have to back
               track.  If after then can figure out easier.  If no
               actions then that's fine.  I knew I said you had a couple
               more days.  But I had a RARE night on Thursday to finish
               the update so did instead of Fri/Sat.  Sorry.

          GM: Minor IBT Time: [7 Days]

                Player            Skill/Action
              Arawn           Power Strike x1, Energy Shield x1,
                              Shield skill for 1 EL, Jeweler for 1 EL
              Fremea          Herbalist           - 7 Days
              Kell            Teamster            - 7 Days
              Kiet            Teamster            - 4/7 days
              Raban           Horsemanship        - 7 Days
              Unali
              Will            Horsemanship, Drawing - When possible
              Z'leyra         Plains Survival       7 days
              Etain           Artist-Drawing      - 7 Days

              If no IBT defined by time update enters Donara then no
              IBT will be done.

          GM: Schedule of events -

              [Sepes 29th, 1634TH] - Rest at night first Camp night
              [Sepes 30th, 1634TH] - Travel
              [Sepes 31st, 1634TH] - Full Moon - Plant found
              [Octagi 1st, 1634TH]
              [Octagi 2nd, 1634TH] - Mage Hunt
              [Octagi 3rd, 1634TH]
              [Octagi 4th, 1634TH]
              [Octagi 5th, 1634TH] - Expected to be at Donara by noon