[pnpgm] Game Update #2

John Haight sang_real at msn.com
Tue Jul 28 06:36:38 CEST 2015

OOC:   Scott, glad to know you're feeling better:) And I hope it doesn't continue to pass around.

   Arawn
arrived, still wishing for the peaceful solitude of the wild but hiding it to
pleasantly interact with those in attendance as befit one raised in court. He
refrained from lingering overly long with any one individual though he paused a
bit to check in with the sidh-folk. He checked in with Fremea’s parents to see
how their aclimation was going and congratulated Etain on his improved demeanor
before moving on to speak with others. And when Duke Aren and Marta’s
appearance was made public the alfar made certain to entertain time with the
pair – whatever relationship may or may not brew it would a gaffe for those of
rank to not greet one another.

   Arawn gifted the dancer with a coin of gold and a smile after pausing to watch her for a bit, the alfar eventually returning to making his about the place. And all the
while Arawn could sense a tension in the air but refrained from delving into
the source. However, when Unali’s birthday was called out it became apparent.

   While
the others seemed to honestly enjoy the surprise he couldn’t fail to miss the
disconcerted look on Unali’s face. It seemed that, much as with himself, she
was not one who enjoyed such intimate information known, much less shared.
Making eye contact with her he shared a look that let her know he could
empathize with her, biding his time for a more reserved congratulation when the
situation seemed appropriate.

 -------------------------

 Time: 11:58

   When the
word ‘murdered’ slipped from Z’leyra’s lips the alfar’s ears pricked up. When
the shaman extended the invitation for company and assistance he gave her a
quiet nod. And after she responded to Kiet’s questions and comments he said,

   “I’ve
heard of the untouched beauty of Kameran lands. Perhaps when peace has returned
to your family you might bless me by sharing with me the wonders of your
homeland.”

 ---------------------

   When
Duke Aren offered to speak on Kaylle’s behalf, allowing the faerry a chance to
journey, Arawn could sense the mixed emotions he fought to keep in check. Like
he librarian the druid was obsessed with lore and a place such as Ticasi was a
dream.

   “If you
truly wish to go then set things in order here and I will return to transport
you to the group. Or else I can return when things are settled, setting up a
teleport point in Ticasi for us to use if you’ll work on setting one up here,”
he told Kaylle.
--------------------------

 Time: 1:18pm

   Amidst sailors such as Cholan and
Damon Arawn found comfort and excitement. He had a deep love of the sea in his
heart and, beyond that, there lay the mystery of the strange lands found on his
maps and from whence the dark elves had come. Such an adventure would take him
and crew across the dangerous beauty of the deep blue.   He traded stories, in time even touching upon legends of undiscovered lands beyond the sea and his own interest in embarking on a voyage to discover them.

   "Perhaps in the near future I might be so lucky as to take to an extended voyage, maybe even have a ship crafted for such an adventure. And if the call for such a voyage stirs your blood then I'll be sure to speak with you when that time comes."

------------------------------

   Arawn studied the map Kaylle unfurled with intensity.
   "Kaylle, do you think we could get a decent copy of that, enough to see us to our destination?"

   When Unali voiced her needs he looked to the woman, smiling with his eyes.

   “I can
take you and any others to collect your gear,” Arawn offered to Unali and the
rest of the party. “Or I can return for you at an appointed time if any wish to
stay behind for a bit to take care of unfinished business.”

   His services now extended for the others to consider he then turned his attention to the party's itinerary.

   “If we
decide to travel overland fast horses would be a boon. Our time is short and
life has a way of throwing surprises and delays in one’s path. I’d suggest
discussing horses with Ben’dar while we’re together as he may have some good
steeds for our use... or perhaps, Tesara, if his are bit out of the way."
   When Kiet voiced his thoughts on the travel plans Arawn gave a shrug accompanied with an assenting nod. It seemed he was content to let the others decide on how they wished to set up the trip for now, Arawn prepared to adapt as the solution dictated.

   When Cholan pointed out the hunter’s
hampered communication Arawn casually made his way over. With his wide range of
tongues it was possible that the two of them might share one in common. If not,
then his empathic and magical abilities might facilitate conversation.
   He waited for a break in the conversation between Fremea and the man before attempting to join in. He asked Fremea if she was able to break the communication barrier, cycling through greetings in the various languages he knew if she indicated the barrier still existed. If all else failed Arawn prepared to scribble a greeting in Marentian for the man to see followed by an inquiry - would the man wish the power of his magic to enable communication?

OOC: Not sure where Arawn is when the dancer asks to join the trip but if he's in earshot... IC:   Arawn's eyes darted, a look of intrigue and besument rising in them as the woman asked to join Z'leyra's deeply personal journey. For the moment he chose to remain silent, waiting to hear the shaman's reply.