[pnpgm] Kiet looks at the map

David Sanders dasandersx at comcast.net
Tue Jul 28 04:23:45 CEST 2015

Kiet hears Kaylle talk about the overland trip.  It doesn't pencil out if there are any problems at all.  Over a month of hard riding with the weather starting to get foul.  A wagon in the mud?  Horses going lame?  Unfortunate encounters?  And how much in tolls?  Kiet shakes his head.

Kiet says, "There is much that could go wrong on a trip that long and that hard.  It's hard on both horses and riders, especially weighed down with arms.  With one day's notice?  And then, after getting there to Ticasa, you want to continue north into the mountains?  In the dead of winter?  I think 'dead' would be the operative word."

"Cannot but a few accompany Z'leyra to Ticasa with Arawn's, er, help while the rest stay to prepare for a trip north?  It seems to me the time required in Ticasa will be but short, and the time to get there long and difficult...perhaps in vain!  Do you all want to wager on that?  Losing the wager also means losing another month and a half returning with empty hands.  Even so, I prefer that loss to crossing some of the most dangerous land of which I am aware, especially this time of year."

"If I may be so bold...perhaps the way to go to Kameran from Sivas is to go overland to Cholchara or Ba'Ru (may as well for Kell), ship over to Asichi, then head north into the Z'enda plains...going somewhat N-NW...we only have one major river to cross that way.  Even it will be difficult in the winter...likely swollen and hard to cross with the horses.  But this avoids annoying the Thaliban tribes and bypasses the Elder Mountains."

Sent from my iPad