[pnpgm] Game Update #28

John Haight sang_real at msn.com
Thu Dec 3 05:07:13 CET 2015

 [Decalis 2nd,  7:15pm]

  With Kiet and Kell drawing attention to the magical sword Arawn decided to voice his thoughts on the subject.

   "If others in the group wish to wield it I think that would be for the best. We walk a dangerous road and a stowed blade is a useless one."

   Knowing that the established party had their own tools or else would have asked for the weapon by now he nodded his head in the direction of their newest travel companions.

   "Even if you carry weapons better suited to your skills bearing the blade might prove useful. Though the spell worked into the blade is not of great power it might yet prove handy.

   But if no one wants it I'm fine with you gaining the blade," he said, lifting his chin in Kiet's direction. "I care little for the money you would trade for it though that might not be said for the others."

[Decalis 3rd,  3:27pm...]

   The Old Man's oracular statements grabbed Arawn's attention, the ever inquisitive and contemplative alfar working to draw insight from each pronouncement. His own elicited a thoughtful smile, some of the cryptic message seeming clear while others remained muddled by possibility, though the attention of his parents was a comfort to hear, and he gave the man a grateful nod. Holding back the urge to ask for a clearer message he hoped to encounter a seer in the near future as it was not the role of cryptic messengers to illuminate the shrouded depths of their words.

   "Greetings and thank you, Wanderer," he replied. "Though I would ask for clarity I sense that is a lesson and wisdom best pondered. May I come to understand the fullness of your words in due time."

------------

   As Kiet shared his thoughts with Z'leyra in light of the Old Man's challenge Arawn remained silent. He understood the Old Man's point but realized the question held many levels, not so easily answered and holding an enormity of weight. The Shaman's path was one of service, a medium between the physical/mortal realm and the spiritual realms. Whether deities, the spirits of plants and animals, the souls of the dead or any other source each alliance was one to be cultivated - by both parties.

   And it would be such a thing that would make a difference in the dark days ahead, for all the companions, if both his long held thoughts and the old man's warning bore truth.

----------

   Arawn seemed unfazed by the old man's divine reveal, almost as if he expected him to be an avatar. The only reaction was a subtle one, his eyes shifting ever so slightly in scrutinization.

OOC: I'm not sure if there'd be time to work in the question before Reddof went flying but Arawn would have asked, "You spoke of a coming tide, what were you going to say about?"

   Seconds later everything was a blur as Reddof impacted against the tree and in the immediate aftermath. Arawn could see the change as the channeling power left the old man and he moved to step in before anyone else might charge the wanderer. He was only an innocent vessel but if the hosting power chose to intervene it would go poorly for the others and the druid hoped to prevent that from happening.  However it seemed that others were of a similar mind as they held back his cousin, Arawn shooting him a brief, pained look before turning towards the fallen, likely dead, Reddof.

   He moved as close as he dared to the edge of the road as he studied the warrior, the alfar wondering what deed or thought had offended the deific force so that it would result in Reddof's demise.

OOC: If Translocation can be used to teleport Reddof back on to the road then Arawn will do that, otherwise he will cast Detection - Life in hopes of determining if Reddof is still alive.

   If Reddof hasn't been brought back to the road by now Arawn will say, "Kiet, your enchanted rope and Z'leyra's levitation should hopefully help to prevent any further damage as you pull him in."

[Quote: After the old man 'powers down' and goes away, Kiet looks directly over to Arawn and says in a voice loud enough for all to hear "Well, Arawn?  Which of your relatives was that?"  Kiet's in a confrontational mood after the damnable snake comments... replied to after Reddof is pulled back on to the road]

   "Perhaps one of those you call upon!," Arawn retorted, perturbed at the acrobat's attitude. "Or do you think your spells shape raw unaligned forces?! Only natural benders can do that, all others invoke and evoke other powers including yourself. You forget that as you delve into these depths you align yourself to them and are bound by rules, ever more so as you grow in skill."

   "Now channel your frustration elsewhere, I'm not the source of your woes, and lets work together to see if we can save Reddof."

OOC: If/when Reddof is brought back onto the road Arawn will cast Healing Mist at max EL but will defer to Z'leyra on tending to him if she would like to try something else.