[pnpgm] Game Update #7 - File #75 - Party heads to the ferry

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Thu Aug 20 06:32:34 CEST 2015

   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
W2R2.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   W2.Julian.Draven.........Zabyra............Dancer..Normal/Human....Hu
   R3 Panthera..............Pyandalgor........Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
W3R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R3 Npc...............YY..Trihs.Der.........Warrior.Normal/Human....Ma
   R3 Npc...............YY..Reddof Nonnac.....Warrior.Normal/Human....Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #7 sequence (file #75)

      Admin Notes: Roster updated to keep track of Horse types.

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Manor]
          Z'leyra invites those who want to the hospitality of her
          home for the night and for those going to Ticasi to assemble
          at her manor in the morning.
        GM: Ack.  Yeah.  You said that already.  No rousing speechs?
            Telling folks how probably 3-4 will be dead by the time
            they get to Ticasi?  It will be harsh and dangerous.  Errr.
            Wait.  Sorry I probably shouldn't have said that eh? Sorry.
            As leader though you will need to post more eventually
            text wise.  I'm used to 3-4 lines from you.  But there
            will be critical stages later on where more in depth will
            be needed.  I just dread Arawn being leader for his mission.
            He has those lengthy posts.  It'll take hours to hear
            his speeches (KIDDING John).  You can tell who is sure of
            typing/time factors from the one line reactions to the
            300 line reactions for some. :) Funny how it works out.
            The most improved I must say is David.  Used to be small
            text but now hes nice and fluffy with text.  Now if I can
            only get him to charge a dragon to slay it...

        From Unali: [Re; Actions from email]
          Unali thanks Arawn for help in getting to her home and back
          to Z'leyra.

          When back at Z'leyra she wil check rations for herself and
          the horse and make sure that she has food for 10 days for
          both. And replenish that along the way.
        GM: Ack.

        From Panthera: [Re: Actions]
          My notes has his name as 'Pyalgor' but I like 'Pyandalgor'
          more, happy little accidents, lets go with 'Pyandalgor'. my
          gear should be ready, I'll be takeing l my worldly
          possessions. Don't think I need to buy anything except
          horse feed this trip.
        GM:  Ack.  Is your ISP a spam hub?  As soon as you posted
             this (thanks for CCing to my private email as I never
             got it on list) I got like 5 bounces.  I checked and
             it was your post that bounced for those folks on the
             list.  So seems odd.  It could be a email fluke but
             I dunno.  Still researching it.

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Having introduced the guests to her staff and warned them to not

          After a breakfast for everyone who is there Z'leyra will...

          First stop will be the horse market...

          [Note that each horse should get 2 lbs of grain per day and
          the rest of their feed would be hay or grass when stopped at
          camp or stable.] (If no WH3 available she will ride Gust to
          Malnon and buy a WH3 in Malnon.)
        GM: Ack.  You think I included your bed on the horse? :) I did
            ask if all were ready you said yes.  Now ya change the
            info.  Geesh.  The 4 joining the party do not come ot the
            manor (no new player posted this) or the other two guys.
            So guests are not them.  So your gear was not ready yet I
            marked you as such awhile back. :<  Your horse was fine
            for gear but this post changed stuff.  So had to delay
            update.

          [Sivas, Marentia]
          [Novehas 15th, 1634TH]

          [Time: 4:00pm]

            Kell takes Zabyra to the markets quickly before the night
          closes shops.  "So I hear your land trades well in spices.
          That is one thing about this part of the world is most don't
          really appreicate spices..."  He continues to go on about
          trade as the Dancer just listens and smiles.  The fast
          talker is indeed fast and her mild skill in the language is
          hard to keep pace.

            A couple hours later Kell buys her as a gift winter clothing
          including 8 tunics and 3 sets of pants.  He also buys her
          a nice jacket and winter cloak.  All in all he spends a few
          silver but finds it not a big deal.

          [Time: 6:48pm]

            Arawn, Unali and her horse arrive from Maren city just
          behind the barn.

            Unali thanks Arawn for help in getting to her home and back
          to Z'leyra. "This is a the trip that I could not make as quick.
          Although I had a nice sailing trip along the coast last time."

            When back at Z'leyra she wil check rations for herself and the
          horse and make sure that she has food for 10 days for both. And
          replenish that along the way.  But it looks like her manor staff
          (stable boy) gave her some grain.

          [Time: 7:00pm]

            Having introduced the guests to her staff and warned them
          to not disturb the wards Z'leyra will do her usual routine
          that night after dinner. In the morning she will store the
          magical bed in the room reserved for healing. [Taking it out
          of her personal equipment.] The jewelry tools she brings are
          the ones she made and enchanted. She will take 35 gold from
          the manor treasury.

                                 ----------------

          [Sivas, Marentia]
          [Novehas 16th, 1634TH]

          [Time: 5:45am]

            Z'leyra's manor is busy at 5am as the cook starts an early
          breakfast and the stable boy with the help of 2 of his friends
          prepare horses.  Arawn, Kiet and Unali spent the night.  The
          others will have to arrive.  Z'leyra hopes the directions given
          to the new people will be good.  The guards do their patrols
          and watch the new folks carefully when they arrive.  The guards
          don't like new folks just arriving with free reign on the grounds.
          Too much a security risk.

            Kell arrives walking his horse to give it some rest.  The
          6' 2 160 pound half Elf smiles at the others as he passes.
          Some in the party know he is a half-Elf but the new ones may
          not for some time unless he shares it.  He is dressed for battle
          or at least ready to travel and too lazy to store the gear.
          He wears Scale mail, metal helmet, on each arm are (to the
          Sidh who can sense it) magicla ambraces, Dagger on his belt and
          Tulwar on his hip in sheath.  He is known to use spears but
          it is now on his horse with a couple spares along with a sword
          that is a spare.  For a trader he dresses in simple pants, jerkin
          and simple travel boots.  On his back he has a light grey with
          a bit of brown cloak.  He wears a backpack though his horse has
          some travel bags.  His horse has a nice warm blanket to keep
          him warm and a nice saddle.  The horse is a decent above average
          horse.  Kell has his hair long again to cover up his ears the
          only slight indication of his hybrid status.

            Kell tells the others, "left the draft horse with a friend.  I
          need to still get my own place but I can't seem to settle down.
          So I had to shift a lot of gear and worked my magic if you will.
          Left some stuff behind.  But since we are in a hurry and it
          looks like no wagon my projects will be left behind."

            Fremea arrives flying with her bag.  The tiny Fae lands
          and warms hands by touching a nearby horse.  She stands
          not even 4 feet and no bigger than a rock around 50 pounds.
          But she is a complex and worthy fighter.  It can be seen
          she is wearing her Elven leather armor and helmet.  She
          has a bow and quiver on her back and a sword in a sheath on
          her hip.  On her belt looks like a dagger as well.  Under
          her armor she is wearing a simple jerkin with thin pants.  She
          has a cloak that to humans is small but to her is to her rear
          with a hood to cover up.  She has a water skin on her belt as
          well as a high quality purse there.  On her right hand is
          a nice bracelet.  The Sidh can see her bags flow with magical
          aura but she covers the bulk of her items in the bag.  She
          has no horse but will fly.

            Kell frowns at Fremea.  "That small body will be cold.  You
          don't have warm clothing?  Can you really fly over a thousand
          miles?  I'd be tired.  I'd have just got a horse just so
          I can relax and sleep." He grins.

            The dancer arrives and smiles at the others.  In her early 20s
          and stnading just over 5 feet around 120 pounds or so.  She is
          thin and wiry from her dancing.  Her looks aren't bad at all
          and some are already happy to see her join the party.  She
          walks Strider a loaned war horse that Z'leyra gave her to ride.
          Thanks to Kell she is wearing a nice warm jacket but under it
          looks like she may be wearing banded ring.  On the horse a
          scimitar is sheathed.  But on her hip a glint of a possible
          dagger is seen.  So the dancer may just have more skills than
          just being pretty.  On her head is something few in this nation
          ever see a turban.  Kell is happy to see her wearing her boots.
          Those darn sandles are good for desert.  But in the upcoming
          cold toes could be frozen.  She also wears a winter cloak that
          Kell must've given her that is gray with blue trim.  Strider
          has a simple bag and water skin for carrying.

            The two cousins come talking quietly and punching each other
          in the arm.  Kell can tell they may be trouble but as lon gas
          they keep together and under control they should be fine.  Red
          Shirt is of course wearing a bright new red shirt.  Where does
          he get this dye?  both of their horses are above average.  They
          wear leather armor and have simple swords on their hips.  The
          other one has a dagger that is seen.  Both are just under 6 feet
          and average built.  They do have muscles but are not massive.
          Both are young in early 20s with clean baby faces.  Red Shirt
          has a set of vivid green eyes but the other has blue eyes.
          They talk on a mountain style Marentian dialect.  Reddof has
          a slight scar on his left neck that is about a inch long.
          But otherwise they seem clean.

            Pyandalgor rides on his above average riding horse.  When
          the hunter dismounts he stands 6' 3" and around 180 pounds.
          Like the others he is in his early 20s.  He is weairng quilted
          armor, dagger on his belt, sling on his belt, a bow on his back
          quiver and holds a spear if not on his horse.  He wears typical
          hunter clothing of browns and leathers including boots and
          gloves.  On his horse he has a water skin and leather bag.

            Some in the party watch him as he seems nervous not for only
          not knowing the language but being here.  They hope Z'leyra
          will load him her necklace so he can learn Marentian.  They
          notice Fremea and him have made a odd connection.

            Kell sees Corona fly above and speaks low.  "I'm leaving
          Squirt.  He doesn't take to the cold too well.  Plus there
          is one girl at fremea's place that has taken a shine to.  He
          will be fine."

            Z'leyra makes sure Gust, her nice riding horse is all secure
          with ropes and bags.  She is in her mid 20s but seems to look
          younger each day for some reason.  She is a couple inches from
          6 foot so not a tall woman but due to her dancing she only weighs
          around 140 pounds.  She wears a nice uniquely crafted helmet with
          chin strap that almost looks like a lizard skin to the new people
          in the group.  It has a nice fire red stone in the center of
          the forehead section.  She wears chainmail, great sword on her hip,
          sling, daggers on her belt.  She holds her magical staff when
          walking around.  Gust is weighed down by water skin, drum, bags
          and spare gear.

            Unali has normally been seen riding her war horse.  But for
          the long distance travel she will use her superior riding horse.
          She is probably one of the oldest in the party but still in her
          late 20s.  She stands 6' 2 and is slight making her around 125
          pounds or so.  She wears a unique style of armor that most
          of the new folks don't recognize.  She has a sword and of course
          her daggers which make quite the dagger maiden.  Including
          a Kameri dagger and a magical dagger.  She wears a leather helmet
          or a full helm in battle.  New party members can see a sling
          on her belt which makes the hunter like that.  She is wearing some
          warm winter clothing with two unique and magical (to the Sidh)
          bracelets on each wrist.  The Pearl ring on her finger looks
          a bit out of place but when she is dressed up in her formal
          court clothing it is nice to show off.  She has the typical
          bags and water skins on her horse.  She has to remove her ring
          to her pouch when she puts on her gloves.

            Kiet brings two horses a decent war horse and riding horse.
          The riding horse is obviously meant to be a pack animal.  His
          War Horse is for riding.  Fremea wondes if the pack animal
          could let her ride?  He ensures all ropes and bindings are
          secure.  He says his horse's name is Ma Siwang.

            Unali who was checking her horses rear leg perks up a eye
          brow.  In Katai it is Horse of Death.  She shakes her head
          and grins.  Best not to let the acrobat see it.  The little
          man was scared for even getting in the most basic fight.  Now
          hes riding a horse of death.

            Kiet is a bit older than the new folks but is sitll in his
          early 20s.  He stands 5' 6 and maybe 150 pounds.  He wears
          chainmail like Unali, metal helmet and a buckler is nearb
          as needed.  He has some daggers on his belt but Javelins on
          the horse for use.  He is wearinga grey/tan winter cloak, nice
          looking boots that are magical to the Sidh and has a bracer on
          his wrist.  The horses all have various bags and other gear
          like water skin.

            Arawn watches the group.  He had hoped for faster travel
          but Kiet seems so eager to ride horses.  The new folks
          look tired at this hour but they know they have a full month
          of travel ahead of them.  They do not know he is a Alfar
          yet or might not understand.  They suspect he is an Elf but
          some like the Dancer may never seen one.  To the Dancer a Jinn
          is far more common to them.  Arawn as a human looks as old
          as Unali but Elves age differently so hard to tell.  He stands
          6' 1 and around 140 pounds.  He is wearing Scale mail, sword
          on his hip, bow and quiver on his back.  He is known to use
          a metal helmet and buckler in combat.  He is wearing nice
          warm winter clothing, gloves, boots and a simple cloak.  He
          has not worn his Face Wrap scarf in a awhile.  But at times of
          cold he may use it to protect his face not to hide his face
          like in the past.  As he rides he wears a Katai style hat.  Some
          can glimpse a necklace of some sort.  His simple riding horse
          is weighed down by bags and backpack of stuff.

            While the others are checking gear and horses, Z'leyra is
          a busy host going back and forth inside and outside.  Doing
          final manor business and ensuring all needs are met.  The
          cooks frown as she won't stay put to even eat a warm biscuit.

            Kell circles the group of horses and eyes the strangers.
          He counts the bags and such on the horses.  Then comes to
          Kiet, "looks like no one but Unali has any food for the horses
          unless its in the bags like apples.  Sadly I even forgot
          to get some myself.  I hope there will be grazing to do unless
          it snows.  Course in the forest it will be good.  But in the
          hills who knows."

          [Time: 6:00am]

            After a breakfast for everyone who is there Z'leyra will
          introduce Strider to his new rider then announces that she
          plans to go by horseback. She introduces Corona (her eagle
          companion) to everyone. She asks if everyone has an adequate
          mount and can ride them.

            Z'leyra scans the carvan 10 people, 10 horses and 1 Eagle.
          They have to head north to the port to get to the ferry to
          cross to the other side of the bay to start thier trip toward
          Malnon.

            The Manor stewart comes out, "everyeone ready to leave?"

          [Time: 6:18am]

            The caravan leaves Z'leyra's manor.

            First stop will be the horse market to buy a warhorse III for
          Z'leyra, relegating her RH4 to packhorse for much of the trip.
          She will also buy whatever tack is needed and four ten lb sacks
          of grain for feeding the horses.

          [Time: 6:45am]

            The party waits and waits at the horse market.  The owners
          are off eating breakfast.  Neighbors say they usually don't
          come till 8 sometimes.   So Z'leyra asks the others to wait
          and finds some other stores.

            At the market she gets her flask of burn ointment filled and
          she also buys a ten lb sack of jerky (trail rations) and a ten
          lb sack of cheese for people and Corona to eat when hunting is
          not adequate.

          [Time: 7:13am]

            Z'leyra returns to see the caravan anxious to leave.  She
          sees a horse staff member nearby and he says the owner should
          be in about 20 more min or so.

          [Time: 7:35am]

            The horse market owner finally arrives as well as nearby
          stablesas, blacksmiths and corral owners.  Seems like they
          have a later schedule than say food markets or farmers who
          are around a hour or so before sunrise.

            With the sun now up, Z'leyra selects a war horse and gets
          some tack for it.  Kell tries to help haggle but the man
          can clearly see a anxious caravan and desperation.  Kiet
          offers to take her to Tesara's ranch but he doesn't really
          sell just train.

            In the end a deal is made and Z'leyra buys the horse for
          just over 15 gold for horse and tack.

            Then she leads the party to the ferry across to the north
          shore and head off north towards Malnon. If any need to take
          side trips we will meet up with them at Malnon's NW gate.

          [Time: 7:58am]

            Caravan gets to the ferry and learns the next ferry is not
          in for 30 minutes.  Just missed the one at 7:45.  The dock
          master counts the horses.  "It is a good thing your together.
          We do discount for a group."  He scans the horses to ensure
          cargo loads.  So about 800 pounds times 10 he figures in
          his head.  So a 2 ton load.  This will take a larger barge
          then the small ferry.  "It would normally be 5 copper per
          person and horse.  But your friend here and the group helps
          out." He nods to Kell who helped haggle a bit.  "I'll take
          3 copper per person.  So 3 Silver in total.  Pay in advance."

            Z'leyra wonders if she should charge for the caravan.  At
          least the new people.  Normal caravans can earn 1 copper per
          10 miles.   Course that would mean the entire trip would
          only get her 11 silver if they paid.  She wonders how caravans
          can even make a profit?

            The dockmaster waits for the coins.

          Actions?  Comments?

          Next Update....Monday..

          GM: A small update but I did the details on characters what
              they look like for our two new players.  So they can
              get a sense visually of them.  There may be more in depth
              introductions on the game website in the introductions link
              for the party.  Anyone can add to this file.  Some details
              like eye or hair color is up to the players to decide and list.

              Looks like all players are now ready.  If the new
              fokls need more gear they need to speak up.  The Rich
              folks can loan or give coin for it.

              I've done gear checks on everyone but Kiet.  He tells me
              he is fine which I believe with 2 horses.  But will do
              that this weekend.  Now I gotta reshuffle items from one
              horse to the other for Z'leyra.  If no wagon will be
              taken then will figure this out by weekend for slowest
              mount.  Then once I know the speed can generate the
              random encounters.  Then we can start the journey.

              Consider this the Friday update. Having car issues so
              may not have to get it out tomorrow night.  So rushed
              this one out.  I'll do one for Monday.  Assuming no one
              else buys new stuff like a wagon/grain then we can start.

              Having some email odd stuff.  So keep in mind the Update
              numbers.  So you know if you miss one or not.  Stay tuned
              as I look into it.

          GM: Charts below show encumberance and such.  Some notes

              Horse Food - Only Unali brings grain for her horse for 10
                 days.  No one else brings horse food.  Each Horse needs
                 3 FP per day.  If it snows this means little to no grass.
                 There are 11 horses for 30 FP per day.  Each grain bag
                 is 10 pounds 3 bags per horse x 10 = 30 bags or 30 pounds.
                 That wagon look good now? :)  I will have to research
                 how long it will take to graze and then figure out X per
                 Y FPs.  My guess is 0.5 FP per 30 min.  Well the WH3
                 Z'leyra has needs an extra FP (4FP).  So with that
                 change even more food.

              Personal Food - 3 people have no food they are taking with
                them. :<

              Tents - 4 Tents are being taken.
                Cousins will share 1.
                Unali one.
                Kell one with 1 slot
                Kiet one with 1 slot
                Arawn one with 1 slot

                So that's 3 people who can sleep with the others.  Now
                typically 2 will be on sentry duty I preseume. So 8
                can use tents and 2 on sentry.  That fits.  For combat
                purposes I will  randomly roll those empty slots unless
                you guys specifically reuqest otherwise.

              Warm Clothing - 2 are not taking warm clothing - Fremea and
                Z'leyra.  This means you two could freeze in a blizzard. :<

              Gold - Had plenty of time to exchange stuff.  So if you have
                 not then gold listed on sheet is taken unless stated
                 otherwise previously.

          GM: Encumberance - Two horses are encumbered.  Unali was at 10%
                but with her taking grain is 50% now  BUT she will not
                hinder speed.  Arawn though   Arawn is 30% -3 PMR so would
                be PMR 22.  Slowest speed was 23 now this would mean 22
                for the party.  So new math is 40 days of travel another
                2 days.  Still will leave 6 days maybe to spare.  Of
                course if horse food is taken...:)  If no wagon which is
                fine then I'll assume the new speed of Arawn's horse as
                the slowest mount.

          GM: Gear Notes

              Note: All horses in party are equal needing 3 FP / Day.
                                          Food
                 Player       Horse   Horse/Personal  Tent  Warm Clothing
               Arawn           RH1      No /   No     Yes(2)      Yes
               Fremea           -        - /   Some     No        No
               Kell            RH3      No /   Yes    Yes(2)      Yes
               Kiet           RH2/WH2   No /   Yes    Tent2)      Yes
               Unali           RH4      Yes/   Yes    Yes(1)      Yes
               Zabyra          WH2      No /   No       No        Yes
               Z'leyra        RH4/WH3   No /   No       No        No
               Pyandalgor      RH3      No /   Yes      No        Yes
               Trihs.Der       RH3      No /   Yes    Yes(1*)     Yes
               Reddof Nonnac   RH3      No /   Yes    Yes(1*)     Yes

          GM: Encumbrance Checks

                 Player         Encumberance Status    Ready
               Arawn             Encumbered 30% -3 PMR  Yes
               Fremea                    --             Yes
               Kell                     None            Yes
               Kiet                     None            Yes
               Unali             Encumbered 50% -5 PMR  Yes
               Zabyra                   None            Yes
               Z'leyra                  None            Yes
               Pyandalgor               None            Yes
               Trihs.Der                Nnne            Yes
               Reddof Nonnac            None            Yes