[pnpgm] Game Update #102 - File #400 - Arawn sees Fort Afee's fate

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue Sep 23 00:52:59 CEST 2014

   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.J H Hooten........YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   -- Npc...............YY..Etain.............Teacher.Normal/Elf......Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #102 in sequence (file #400)

        From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
          Get Grosis first. Have fun with him and then go see the others.
        GM: Ack.  Will need to clarify "fun" and then which order to se
            the others.  Will assume take to Inn find out that the others
            are still gone (if so) and then find Kiet for help.  It is
            possible Kiet will be back by then though based on the
            post by others.

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Z'leyra looks at the chest and ponders. Likely trapped, unlikely...

          "Come on, unless you know your way around finding and disarming...

          [Sepes 29th, 1634TH]
          [Location: City of Samma, Donara]

          [Fremea/Raban group]
          [Time: 10:33:31 am - Samma city, Donara]

            Fremea storms down the busy city street glaring around her
          at anything that moves.  To the others she just looks like
          a upset girl not wanting her way.  But Fremea can feel the
          heat from inside burn.  As she walks she has doubts though
          if she gets one link will others fill their place?  Slavery
          has been part of humanity since the dawn of man.  Other species
          enslave but not as much as humans.  Maybe Varange is correct,
          maybe man should be taken a step down from their point of
          status.

            But then there is the innocents and the children.  To harm a full
          species for revenge is just as bad as the Vong to do so.  Behind
          her she can hear Raban asking the guard questions.  But he forgets
          that he can't reply.  But the big man is just trying to pass the
          time.

            Finally a couple miles away from Grosis's place, Fremea decides
          that at least this city may be free of slavery for a short while
          till the hole is plugged in by more scum.  So she has made her
          decision.  Her parents are important but if Varange is right they
          still have 2 weeks to find them.  To abandon this city and the
          lives abused by Bogan, Mavac and Grosis would be just as wrong.

          [Time: 10:42:31 am - Samma city, Donara]

            Raban stops Fremea with a large hand on her shoulder.  "We'll
          need a wagon or a horse.  This place here might help.  Just
          a moment."

            Raban enters a stable and blackshop area.  There is a sign
          out front with pictures of horses and wagons for those who can't
          read.  But other letters denote prices for buying or renting.

            Outside Fremea stares at the enthralled guard.  He just looks
          down the street with a blank stare.  Fremea considers having
          some fun for helping Grosis but hurting a person in this condition
          is no fun it is just a short pleasure.  Best to do so when
          he is fully aware and can feel the pain.

            A few minutes later and some coins exchanged Raban heads outside.
          A man brings around from the back a wagon with two horses.  The man
          insisted that two would be done since Raban is too big to carry
          with one.  The guard hops onto the back while Fremea sits on the
          driver's plank.  Raban checks the horse and she realizes that
          he has some experience in this area.  Maybe Kiet showed him the
          skills for driving wagons and such?

            After a quiet prayer Raban climbs onto the wagon.  It creaks
          and moans but seems to be solid for now.  The blacksmith gives
          a sigh of relief and then waves them on.

          [Time: 11:01:19 am - Samma city, Donara]

            Raban drives the wagon near the park they left Grosis tied to
          the top of a tree.  With a horse blanket borrowed from the stable
          they move off the wagon into the woods.  The guard remains at
          the wagon.  At the tree Fremea removes her dress and then flies
          up with Raban toward the top.  Fremea slices the rope free as
          fast a she can since Raban can't hover.  Then Raban flies past
          and grabs the man.

            On the ground Grosis is now awake and squirming.  Gagged he
          tries to speak but Raban glares at him.  "You can either sleep
          on the ride back with a large bruise on your head from my fist
          or you can ride quietly and not move at all.  Which is it?"

            Grosis mumbles a few words through his gag.

            "I take it that means quietly?"  Raban asks.

            Grosis nods.  Then Raban covers him with the blanket and
          walks him to the wagon.  "Your friend the guard here will
          kill you if you move.  Please..please!  Move..."

          [Time: 11:05:23 am - Samma city, Donara]

                         ------------

          [Kell/Unali's group]
          [Time: 10:45:10 am - Samma city, Donara]

            Unali continues to ask the same questions now mainly to annoy
          and drive Mavac inside.  Occasionally she will kick and slap
          him as she walks around.  Mavac gives the same answers and grins
          that this is a game. "There was this girl who liked to do this.
          She was a bit wild.  For a temple girl she acted normal in public.
          But in private she slept with everyone including the priest and
          his altar boys.  She liked these games as well.  So I'm used
          to it."

            Unali decides to step it up.  She drags Mavac to his feet and
          then rigs through the rafters of the barn and the rope the barn
          has a pulley and hook system.  Using the metal work that holds
          the lighting ceiling structures in place she then turns Mavac
          upside down and pulls him up by his legs.  Now naked and upside
          door Mavac has his legs spread out in a Y shape off the ground.
          His arms can touch the ground since the barn is not that tall but
          his head dangles a couple feet off the ground.

            "You are kinky!"  Mavac laughs as she circles.  Now he is at a
          good place to reach critical body parts just hanging out
          and about.

          [Time: 11:02:18 am - Samma city, Donara]

            Kell opens the barn door after warning he is there and sees
          a shiny male butt in the air.  He stops and raises an eyebrow.
          He moves toward Unali and whispers, "Kiet not back at the Inn
          but hopefully soon.  Did you get anything from him?"

            "Hey I need to relive myself!  I don't want it ...getting
          on my head.  Let me down!"  Mavac begins to wiggle and his
          body moves back and forth swinging from the rafters.  His
          arms swinging trying to get purchase on the nearby railing but
          it is too far away.

          [Time: 11:03:00 am - Samma city, Donara]

                                 ---------------

          [Kiet/Z'leyra/Etain's group]
          [Time: 9:42:19 am - Samma city, Donara]

            Z'leyra looks at the chest and ponders. Likely trapped, unlikely
          that an Oblivion spell would work on it, not being animate. So
          no sneaking it out that way. Eventually the guards will come and
          likely take the chest.

            Thus a limited time to deal with it...Hmmmm. She could try to
          grab and teleport it, but too many things could go wrong in that
          scenario. Maybe it would just be best to get some other member
          of the party who can deal with traps to look at it.

            "Come on, unless you know your way around finding and disarming
          traps?" Z'leyra says, "lets go sneak out the back and find the
          other members of the party and see which one feels they are
          skilled at dealing with traps. While it might not be trapped
          the odds are that it is and I don't want to find the trap the
          hard way like I did that last one."

            Kiet stares at the chest a moment and shrugs.  He moves quickly
          to the ladder.  Best be the first down since she is more protected.
          both descend the ladder and stairs and head toward the back.  Corona
          gives a word that no one is around.  At the western shrub line
          both try to find a way past.  Getting was easier from the other
          side but the other way is harder.  It takes a couple minutes to find
          a thin spot in the bush.  Z'leyra tries to hack her way through
          the shrub with her sword.  It will be obvious if inspected at
          about 3 feet but from far away it won't be noticed.

            Breaking through the shrubs they end on the property of the
          hide west of Bogan's place.  Looking at the windows they
          see nothing.  They decide to move west toward that street
          rather than back to the east street.  After a few moments
          they end up on the street one over from Bogan's place.  They
          move down the street quickly and making sure no one is paying
          attention.  There are a couple of gardeners and  group of 3
          kids but no one seems to notice them.

            Now about a mile away they move toward the inn.

          [Time: 10:03:21 am - Samma city, Donara]

                               -----------------

          [Arawn group]
          [Time: 11:36:12 am - Samma city, Donara] - Arawn

            Arawn decides to reply to the point of Dark Elves to Jordi.

            "What I witnessed traces back to the time of the Convocation of
          the Gods. Much was apparently done to wipe away the knowledge
          from that period, including the existence of the dark elves.
          Those who did so went to great lengths to do this and likely
          they or others after them continue to safeguard these secrets.
          If they discovered someone was digging up the past I can only
          imagine what they might do to keep these secrets safe." -And,
          yes, I imagine that at least one person on the Council might
          know of the dark elves but the risk to you might be too great
          to bear. For now, I will take the responsibility upon my
          shoulders or at least keep the secret to myself among
          elvenkind."

            Arawn paused to allow Jordi a moment to collect himself and
          process the Alfar's words. When he continued his voice seemed
          more relaxed, or perhaps even resigned.

            "I imagine some might think it safe, if not wise, to let this
          secret lie but I think otherwise. At the least, the dark elf
          leader I slew must have been a person of terrible importance for
          he was clad in a suit of enchanted plate-armor crafted fully of
          elven metal, a relic whose magical potency rivals that of the
          great artifacts. Such an item should be housed where our enemies
          cannot reach it for it would be a terrible thing for it to return
          to the battlefield against us. And if any patron of this dark
          elf continues to exist the wings of vengeance might soon find
          flight.

            But beyond that, I sense that the circumstances that allowed
          my witnessing and the aftermath of the encounter are part of a
          great unfolding of events. To blindly await their arrival would
          be foolish and I only ask that should I or this party fall
          during our travels that you consider weighing the value of
          personal and familial safety over the risk of preparedness."

            Jordi continues to pace shaking his head.  At the mention of
          the plate armor he turns and stares.  Then when Arawn finished
          he sits a bit more pale.  "A full plate?  I didn't know that
          was even possible of our crafters.  The dwarves might do that
          but we?  I've not heard of such things.  Best we might do
          is chain.  This is not good.  I thought the Climans were a big
          deal but I'd put that aside and seek these dark ones out if I
          could.  We hear of threats all the time.  Climans, warlords,
          evil wizard's, great monsters and the like.  But if the myth
          about the Dark Elves are true.  How many are they?  Where
          are they?"  He also wants to ask about this encounter but
          does not pry.

            Jordi considers the situation.  "I do suspect that it might
          be dangerous to find out.  But I do have a friend on the Council.
          She is third in line for the leader spot technically.  But
          she is also the Council's chief historian.  Though the leader
          has his own history archives that only he sees.  But maybe
          ...I could ask?  It would take weeks or more to research but
          it could be done.  I would have to give up the mission here
          or at least my part and return home immediately."

            During the conversation about the Moon Gort Arawn listens to
          the diplomat's words.

            When Jordi addressed the ritual of the Moon-Gort Arawn gave
          the elf a nod and a smile, letting him know that his apology was
          accepted in full. The Alfar took down the notes with careful
          attention, committing them to memory as well.

            "Thank you and should we find need to resort to the ritual I
          have faith in Fremea. She's strong and will see this through,
          likely no matter the cost to herself."

            When the elf suggested the services of the general's wife
          Arawn's eyes seemed to light up.

            "Yes... I think their insight would be invaluable! I would
          very much like to meet with them, though I will have to maintain
          a certain level discretion until I can speak with Fremea to see
          if she'll accept what they have to offer."

            Jordi nods, "certainly.  If you needed to speak to his wife
          she would have to be fetched and that may take a bit of time."

            During the topic of the council/An's'alum.

            "If not the Council then at least a sage on the artifacts of
          our people might prove beneficial. But only if they could be
          reached quickly. Varange has left us a small window, no more
          than a couple of weeks, and there's already much to do in that
          time. How many days would such a journey take?"

            Jordi considers this, "to find the council?  Maybe 2-3 days.
          To gather the full council might take 2-3 weeks.  If a dire
          emergency they might get there within a week.  But it is a
          issue of finding folks in their districts.  Some may be away
          or hunting and that would take the bulk of the time.  As to
          a full saga of things the archives are so much it would take
          years to read that material.  You may need to round down
          your request a bit."

            Arawn asks about Jordi seeming to know him.

            "I was just surprised to know that you had heard of me, my
          lineage through Payan," Arawn said, smiling.

            "And, alas, the interworld portals are closed to me. I know
          little to nothing as to how I even came to be here, but the bits
          and pieces I slowly recall bring me concern. But I believe that
          in time this mystery will be unraveled.?

            Jordi perks up a bit, "all Elves know of your parent's of
          course.  The common ones would not know of you...I'm sorry.
          But being trained in this area and I now a bit more than the
          common person."  He becomes more serious.  "Speaking of parents
          do the Dark Elves have patrons up there?  Are they alone or
          inspired by the serpent god or such?"

            Jordi considers this a bit and wonders how old Arawn is.  He
          knows they age differently up there in the other realm.  But
          he figures Jordi's grand parent's weren't even born when
          Arawn was born?

            Arawn return so the topic of the secret Climan meeting.

            Although he wished to pray on the topic Arawn understood that
          the assembly would not prove patient if Jordi was overlong. He
          stared out the window as he pondered things for a bit, finally
          breaking the silence with a pensive voice.

            "A blessing I can do. Sharing my name among the elves something
          I am willing to do if you think it good and wise. And if the
          humans will find faith in knowing who I am then it is a risk I
          am willing to take.

            This meeting is clandestine and perhaps those present can and
          will keep my presence as part of the secrets discussed tonight.
          And if not, then I will face what destiny and fate have awaiting
          me."

            "And though I cannot claim to speak directly for the Sidh Court
          I can, at least, pray for divine insight afterwards in hopes of
          guidance. Whatever the events surrounding Fremea's quest I
          imagine that the preservation of elven lands would be something
          the Sidh Court would support."

            "So, yes, I will attend."

            Jordi gives a big smile and slaps his knee.  A odd thing
          for a Elf to do but he must've picked that up from humans.
          "Great.  Shall we go now?"

            Jordi leads the way downstairs then into the meeting hall.
          There Arawn can see 5 Elves on the left side of he table
          and 5 humans on the right.  All look once the two enter and
          stop talking.

            The humans seem to be well dressed and based on their hands
          appear to be skilled in other areas then normal manual labor.
          One in the center of the humans is wearing a bright red tunic
          with a symbol on it which Arawn't identify.  On the left the
          center of the Elves is clearly the general.  His bearing
          is tall and robust.  All these elves are not covering up
          their ears or face in any way.  It is hard to tell under the
          table but it seems o one is wearing their weapons but it
          is unclear.  Arawn glances and notices no weapon on the
          other small table  used for storing food and drinks.  This
          group must be a very peaceful group.  He wonders who long
          it took each to trust each other.

            Jordi goes around he table and does the introductions.  Then
          looks to Arawn, "and this is..."  He nods to let Arawn to
          finish in case he wants to give his full title or just his
          basic name and to speak.

          [Time: 11:51:10 am - Samma city, Donara] - Arawn