[pnpgm] Game Update #88

John Haight sang_real at msn.com
Sun May 25 19:39:12 CEST 2014

   As the discussion surrounding the gems continued Arawn stood back in silent observation. His empathic talents picked up on the shift in the room before the darting of words and as it soured he finally stepped in.

   "Peace. This is nothing more than miscommunication and misunderstanding. Let's leave them behind. We're companions working towards the same goals," he said, diplomatically trying to ease the tension.

   "I'm fine with a temporary distribution for now. We'll likely discover other valuables before our quest is done. Then we can worry about a more even and permanent distribution of wealth.
   And in the meanwhile, when time permits, I can work on cutting and
polishing some of the other gemstones before their final sale."

   "Any objections or suggestions?," he asked, turning to the others.

   Once the topic of treasure had passed Arawn turned his attention to other pressing matters.

   "After Z'leyra has tended to Raban's physical wounds I'll see to his essence. His spirit, his life-force has been seriously damaged but luckily I have some skill in dealing with this," he said with an almost mirthful expression.

   "While others track down the slavers I'll work with Fremea to locate the Moon Gort. But I would suggest a subtle approach, at least at first. The slaver ring seems to have a wide arc and it would be good to pull all the information we can if we're to end it and start a network to locate and free the slaves. We can't afford to lose this information - the dead rarely speak and torched papers offer us no insight."

   "In addition, there's the issue of this," he said, rolling out the scrolls formerly in Bogan's possession.

   He allowed them to look over them in detail but made it a point to draw their attention to the address where a painting had just recently been sent.

   "Perhaps it's nothing but considering the significance of the Gorlic paintings it might be worth a quick look. If it is a Gorlic then the address might even be one linked to Varange."

   "Beyond that we have the issue of Varange.

   "Fremea, I hate to say it but I expect Varange to hold your parents hostage. When we finally meet him and his forces you'll need to be prepared for this. I don't want you to lose them so I think it might be wise to consider preparing a plan to deal with this situation should it arise."

   An odd look came into his eye and he glanced over towards Etain before addressing the others.

   "A few of you have worked with Varange in the past. What can you share about him?"