[pnpgm] Game Update #89

John Haight sang_real at msn.com
Mon Jun 16 02:18:34 CEST 2014

Fae:

   "Then I shall see to your injuries,"Arawn replied. "And afterwards it will be my honor to perform a blessing upon the deceased and upon your company."

   Respecting the faerries wishes Arawn refrained from magic, instead relying upon his own mundane skill as a Healer. Though gifted as a healer of alfar and elf the faerry form was different, though in its own way more familiar than those of the humans he had only begun to study.
   When he was done he allowed himself a brief stretch, afterwards extending the fae's appreciation to Kiet. Once done he very quickly cleansed himself as needed before rejoining the faerries, alongside any party members interested and that the fae felt comfortable with. He knew that time was short so he planned to keep preparation of the deceased faerry simple. Asking Raban for his assistance he moved to a private location beneath the stars before washing the body, chanting a prayer as he worked with the bard to wrap the cleansed body in clean linen. He sang in the eldest tongue, Sidh, pronouncing the deceased name and act of self-sacrifice, asking the gods to swiftly and tenderly carry him to the Blessed Lands where he would no longer know pain and would sit in a place of honor.

   Afterwards he gave the fae some space, allowing them both time alone with their dead companion and to sort themselves. As their time of departure approached he rejoined them.

   "If Fremea hasn't already asked, might any of you be aware of the plant, Moon Gort?," he asked, describing the plant and its powerful glow if needed. "If so, would you know where we might be able to find it, as it could prove useful on our quest?"

   Afterwards he pulled something from his pack, a meager something wrapped in cloth.

   "It's not much but it's what little I have left of my elf-cakes," he said, offering them to Qor.

   "Beyond that there is little more I can offer you besides my well-wishes and a prayer of blessing."

   He waited for the interested to assemble themselves before stepping forward with a bowl of clean water and a fresh cutting, taken with proper respect from an appropriate tree. He dipped the branch in the bowl, annointing each faerry with the blessed water as he spoke a Sidh prayer over them. He invoked the gods to impart a blessing upon both individual and the group as a whole, asking for protection; safe and swift travel; the healing of mind, body, and spirit; joy and happiness; and future prosperity for them and their families.
   When he was done he looked upon them with a tender eye.

   "I wish I could accompany you to at least the forest edge but after ponderance I think I would only slow you down and draw attention to you. As such I will, with some regret, remain behind though I would watch from afar as long as I can.
   However, it would please me to someday know that you arrived home safely. If there is a village or contact that I might visit in the future so as to look in upon you I would gladly hear of it."