[pnpgm] Game Update #93 - File #369 - Gems and Targets followed

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Wed Jul 16 23:57:16 CEST 2014

   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.J H Hooten........YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   -- Npc...............YY..Etain.............Teacher.Normal/Elf......Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #93 in sequence (file #368)

         From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
           Z'leyra decides to cast a Sidh Knowledge spell hoping to
           increase her skill at casting Sidh Knowledge spells. As usual
           she will first cast a Purification EL0 and use a Divination
           EL0 to make sure the Purification worked, then she will cast
           the Knowledge spell on herself at Max EL. She casts the
           Purification and Divination spells thru her staff.
         GM: Ack.  Remember we've covered the whole div cheat kind of thing.
             Div is great for testing spells but for a spell you can't
             really "see" the effect its hard to tell if it worked or nlt
             :)  But a clever cheat for sure.  Too bad its not fool
             proof.

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           Gems:

           Since we're going with choices made by players, Arawn's first
           choice for gem is the Tourmaline (not the Turquoise as
           currently listed). His second choice, pending a response to a
           PM, is the Ruby.

           As this will place Arawn in contention with Kiet for the
           Tourmaline, Kiet how do you want to handle this? Is the
           Tourmaline a first choice for you (over the meteorite and
           sapphire)?

           Gems to Jewelry:

           If the party ends up choosing to hold on to the gems for now
           so they can be improved through cutting Arawn is willing to
           work with Z'leyra on crafting them to help speed things up.
           However I imagine the largest profit would be gained by taking
           time selling them, probably during downtime with Kell serving
           as the seller. As such there would be little need to rush
           through crafting the better stones, at least while questing.

           Any thoughts on this?

           Otherwise, if we end up selling them in bulk as originally
           planned Arawn would like a portion of his share in good
           quality tourmaline for future magical crafting purposes.
           Probably about 20% or so.

           (Just trying to help the group out if we hold on the gems
           for crafting - Arawn is more interested in practicing his
           Jeweler skill than the profit)
         GM: Ack.  Choice 1-2 are fine but it does add more if-thens
             that will take weeks to resolve.  Will note below.
             I can't decide who gets what.  You guys have to finalize
             it and let me know.  You can argue, shout, duel, trade,
             gamble, bribe, etc in email, here or whatever.  Just let
             me know the results.  As to gems keep in mind cutting will
             take time and materials. If the party is going to leave for
             Donara city you'll be on the road not a shop/city.  Plus
             gems do sell better as themselves. Doing them as jewelry is
             great and gets more profit BUT that takes longer.  A dealer
             will simply be more subjective 10 here 12 there 15 for that
             one.  But a simple gem is pretty much set in the modern
             economy so not much deviation.  Just let me know what you
             guys decide.  I'm game for either way.  As to those 20%
             tourmaline thing the gems listed that are not selected (the
             bottom list) are NOT able to be magically done.  They
             are all small, flawless, etc.  The only ones I have with
             names on it at the top like the meteorite are able to be
             enhanced and done.  So 20% of the chips would be good for
             jewelry but not for magical use.  As to the 20% if that
             is the case remind me I can only make so many notes and
             recall it later :)  It may be weeks before you guys finally
             decide what to do so may forget.

         From Kiet: [Re: Actions[
           Kiet looks over to Arawn and says 'I don't care who uses....

           Kiet hears about the 'house' that Bogan built...or at ...

           "Sometimes, too, people keep their most prized possessions...
         GM: Ack.

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           Scott, as you mentioned adding the stones to character sheets
           are you treating the placement as permanent or temporary?
         GM: Ack. Once final decisions are made. Yes.  But it has to be
             determined and results given to me.  Its already been what
             2 months?  I am only a simple book keeper here I can't
             decide who gets what.  I can't resolve If-thens and top
             10 selections and arguments.  I am only a book keeper.  It
             is up to you guys to resolve it.

         From David: [Re: Actions]
           Don't ask him...ask your mates!  Role play it.  It's really
           up to us all anyway.
         GM: Ack.  True dat! (Isn't that the hip young thing? :))  Or
             is that way outdated these days?

         From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
           Since Z'leyra can't read Donaran and is a skilled herbalist
           she takes Arawn's suggestion and checks for herbs while he
           reads scrolls.
         GM: Ack. Too late. Obviously the last update had Arawn going to
             the library.  It would be a great change to do that.  So
             you'll have to stay with the scrolls.  This is why I
             waited a extra week for tasks to be finalized.  :<
             As to reading I mentioned in the last update you can
             read them.  Initially I advised could not.  But then
             you mentioned the salaqi in the recap Is believe and
             mentioned that indeed is a dialect.  Not sure how to
             compare it but maybe old english (shakespeare) to
             more modern version.  So can figure enough based on
             the other version  If that makes sense.  So in the
             update I later said you could read it and fake reading
             them to oversee Etain's progress as Kiet suggested.

         From Arawn: [Re; actions]
           I'd love to switch but as Scott has moved things forward in
           the previous post I don't think we can backtrack. However, if
           I can find a legitimate reason for Arawn to swing back by the
           inn I'll write it in and we can go from there. And if Z'leyra
           has a way of sending a message to him that would be a reasonable
           reason for him to return and switch roles.

           If nothing else, once the everyone has regrouped we can switch
           things up then.
         GM: Ack. Well this is why I gave an extra week for folks to decide.
             I even delayed that update to wait.  But yeah too late would
             be ok for some things but we've moved on.  Guess it helps
             to post things right away if possible. :<  Sorry.

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           As there's some discrepancy with the list, the question was
           posed to Scott so we, as a group, can determine if we're all
           on the same page. But you're right about the group making a
           decision... so group, as Scott is prepared to add the gems to
           people's character sheets, are we looking at this as a permanent
           assignment or temporary?

           I'm voting for temporary at the moment but I'm flexible.
         GM: Ack. Well I'll delay it.  But let's try first of August? That's
             at least two weeks.  Sometimes a deadline pushes folks more
             to do things than sitting around doing If-Thens and such.

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           Donations for the Girls heading to the Farm:

           Deciding that discretion and reliability on the part of
           the courier was of paramount importance Arawn made the
           decision to take the responsibility on himself. Once the
           party had reconvened he would propose the idea, ready to
           translocate to the farm with the gathered coin.

           Freen Lotus Shop  [Time: 8:05:03 am - Samma city, Donara]:

           Avalos Triendar's business intrigued the ever inquisitive
           alfar.

           "It never occurred to me that I'd run into a business ...

           Library  [Time: 8:29:16am - Samma city, Donara]:

           As he perused the venerable work Arawn couldn't help...

           "Can you make a detailed copy of the illustration?," he...
         GM: Ack.  Don't trust a messenger? Who do those things
             daily.  If no trust then the messengers would be out
             of business.  If at least could simply leave whatever
             is with a money lender and send the details to the
             farm via messenger.  Nothing loss.  Sometimes things
             tend to get a bit overcomplicated here. :) But if you
             still want to translocate that is probably a month
             from now since things are moving slow so remind me then.