[pnpgm] Game Update #69 - File #270 - Dart of Death

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue Jan 21 05:07:41 CET 2014

   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.J H Hooten........YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   -- Npc...............YY..Etain.............Teacher.Normal/Elf......Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #69 in sequence (file #270)

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           Trusting Etain to keep an ear out for trouble Arawn ...

           "Don't sell yourself short, Irza," he commented, a ....

          [Sepes 29th, 1634TH]
          [Location: City of Samma, Donara]

          [Time: 1:17:22 am - Samma city, Donara]

            Inside Bogan's office Kiet eyes the place and decides to
          cast his detection spell here.  After all Bogan can't stop
          him here.  If Bogan is smart this is where he'd have any
          magic.  He mumbles a few words to himself under his breath
          and casts the detection spell.  He had planned to do a
          larger version to check the main room.  But in fact it
          would have only covered 20% of the room even at that
          level.  But it might've found magic on Bogan.  The spell
          done the entire room is in the affected area.  He turns
          to check out the bodyguards and glare as if impatient.
          He stands walks left and slightly to the back near the
          desk scanning.  He knows the guards would not allow him
          behind the desk but unless there is magic in or under
          the desk the room and guards are free of magic.

            The guards glare and Kiet sits back down.  Kiet speaks
          quickly a Marentian phrase that one should never play
          cards with Fomorians as they cheat worse than a bored
          house wife.  Kiet grins and waits knowing the guards do
          not seem to understand Marentian.

                                 -------------

          [Time: 1:17:22 am - Samma city, Donara - North side]
          [Phase 1]

            Raban sees the trap set and grins.  Following Ben'dar's
          practice he yells out a battle cry and charges past Jordi
          and toward the Climans.

            Unali sees the Climans cringe at the charging giant.  She
          leaps over the side away from the shadows and into the fray.
          Landing right behind #1 on the left she does a kick and
          forces the man forward 5 feet.  Not waiting what happens
          from she twirls around and slashes both daggers at the
          man who spoke the warning.  The magical blade slices the
          man's right shoulder deep doing massive damage.  The normal
          blade does minor damage but the man falls dead to the ground
          before she pulls the blades back.  After the Climans almost
          threatened Marentian peace and the Duke Unali feels little
          mercy for them.

            The Climans react at once.  Climan #2 turns and swings
          his sword at what he figures to be Unali.  But the wild
          swing is just too wide and he misses.

            Climans #1 recovers and joins #3 and #4 to charge Raban
          with their own swords.  All three hit Raban but only two
          get past his magical armor.  The first blade slices his
          right shoulder doing 1 point and the other sword slices
          his lower abdomen doing 2 more points.

            Z'leyra charges with staff in hand and moves toward
          Climan #2 attacking Unali.  She swings the staff and
          hits the man in the lower back doing massive kidney
          and other damage enough to kill him instantly.

            Jordi watches two Climans fall quickly.  Then he
          sees what the others don't.  Four more Climans round
          the corner with swords drawn.  In the center leading
          the new charge is a clearly defined female based on
          her curves.  Jordi realizes this must be the Priestess.
          He yells out toward Unali and Z'leyra, "behind you!"

          [Time: 1:17:25 am - Samma city, Donara - North side]
          [Phase 2]

            The priestess sees the Elf barely in the dim light.  But
          based on his voice she finds him. But then she can see a large
          form and another form about 25 feet away. and 40 feet away.
          Her mission is to capture the Elf and learn his plans.  But
          if she kills own troops then so be it.  The giant man seems
          to be the most deadly threat.  She raises her hands and
          points toward the giant.  A dart of pure flame illuminates
          the alley tracing right toward Raban.  Unfournately Z'leyra
          is directly in the path of that dart since she isn't seen.
          The dart impacts squarely onto the back of Z'leyra's chainmail
          and splashes to the side and through it.  Z'leyra is thrust
          forward onto her knees and takes 17 points of damage past
          her magical armor.  Z'leyra is hurt but mostly in shock
          that one could harm her.  Immediately burn blisters and
          marks show on her back.

            Raban sees the flash of fire stop in mid air for some
          strange reason.  But has no idea it is Z'leyra.  He throws
          a fist at #1 and #4 but amazingly both fail to strike
          the men.

            Unali looks down to the spot to hear Z'leyra give
          a gasp of pain.  She recognizes the voice but knows
          she can't do anything for her.  The threat is the
          Priestess.  If she gets another spell off it could
          be disaster.  She can handle the normal Climans as
          they are weak simple fighters.  But the Priestess
          is the most danger.  Knowing this she charges toward
          the Priestess with both daggers.  The magical dagger
          misses the left arm.  But the normal dagger stabs
          the Priestess in the left shoulder doing 19 points
          of damage.  But amazingly the woman is still alive.

            Climan #3, #1 and #4 attack Raban again.  Both hit
          the Bard but their swords fail to penetrate his armor.

            Seeing the leader wounded the four other Climans move
          toward Unali.  All three swing swords or thrust at
          Unali.  Three hit but all three fail to penetrate her
          chainmail.

            Jordi draws his own sword and charges forward.  The
          Priestess is the threat but it would take longer to
          get to her.  Running forward he swings at Climan #4
          and hits him the upper right back killing the man.

            The Priestess moans in pain to Unali's attack and
          steps back.  She knows if she fails she will be in
          far more pain then this at home from torture.  She
          draws her dagger with weak hands and tries to swing
          at the woman in front of her.    The dagger swipes
          at Unali's lower left ribs but her chainmail blocks
          the blow from any damage.

                                 -------------

          [Time: 1:17:26 am - Samma city, Donara - Gaming Hall]

            Upstairs in the hallway Fremea watches Bogan enter
          the storage room looking for something.  She senses
          no magic from him.  Opening a vial from her bag she
          dips her dagger inside the vial.  Closing the vial
          and bag she moves quickly inside the room.

            Bogan sees the small female moving quickly in the
          darkness.  Is this one of his entertainers needing
          something like food or a break from her pleasure duties?
          How annoying to be bugged by these ingrates.  But as
          the female nears he doesn't recognize her.  Turning
          he sees the flash of a blade swipes him in the chest.

            Bogan reaches outward toward the brat who should be
          given a fierce beating but his arm suddenly goes limp.
          Confused he steps forward raising his other arm and then
          falls flat onto his face.

            Fremea grins and kicks the man in the head for being
          so rude to girls.  Not enough to harm but to get his
          attention.  Sheathing her dagger she begins to drag
          the 280 odd pound fat man toward the room the girl was
          found from.

          [A few moments earlier...]

            Outside at the back door Arawn stares at the thief
          not knowing what is going on inside.

            Trusting Etain to keep an ear out for trouble Arawn focused
          on the young woman before him. It didn't take an elf to sense
          Irza's discomfort as she clutched the bed-shroud tightly about
          her, prompting the druid to once again offer her the
          additional protection of his cloak.

            Irza accepts the cloak and speaks about the thief who has
          as of yet to arrive.

            The Druid calmy speaks, "Don't sell yourself short, Irza,"
          he commented, a genuine smile of support on his face as he
          worked to lift her spirit and impress upon her a measure of
          self-worth.

            "There are many reasons for a man to visit a woman but to
          return and simply talk - to share stories, burdens and dreams -
          is one of the most treasured, reserved for the highest of
          company."

            Arawn was still looking kindly upon her when the shadowed
          man spoke his first words. In an instant Arawn guessed that
          Ozon had now joined the gathering, the humored response
          hinting at the shadowed man's identity. Spinning he gave the
          man a smile and a respectful nod, watching with warmth as
          Irza moved to join him.

            Motioning to Etain to maintain his watch at the door he
          politely responded to Ozon's question.

            "I have a friend, the same one who allowed Irza to slip free
          from the building and a chance to return home or make her own."
          He paused, briefly turning toward Irza. "Assuming that's your
          desire."  He gave the girl a moment before shifting his
          attention back to the thief.

            "She's searching for... her past. I cannot say more as it's
          not my story to tell other than to say that you were and are
          pivotal to her story."

            He looked to Ozon imploringly.

            "Please, I ask for you to at least hear her out." He then
          turned his head to look toward the gambling hall.

            Ozon slides a hand down Irza's arm to warm her
          up and looks at Arawn for a eternity.  "Bogan handles
          all my requests.  I don't search for people.  I obtain
          things."  He looks to Irza and something unsaid is
          shared between their eyes.  He turns back to Ozon.

            Inside Kiet shifts from foot to foot in his chair.
          The place is warm but dusty.  No one must've cleaned
          it in the last decade.  What is keeping the fence
          to get her with his drugs!

            Upstairs Fremea drags Bogan down the hall hoping
          that no one exits their room.  She can still the
          older woman still engaged in her thrusting for the
          man.  Bogan stares at the strange little girl.  Why
          is she dragging him?  What is going on?  He flicks
          his eyes but that is all he can do as he feels nothing.

            Fremea considers burning the storage room of drugs.
          That might shut this place down for good and maybe
          get him killed with his drug connections. But that
          will be considered later.  Huffing and sweating
          slightly she enters the room.  The man stabbed
          in the stomach is still gasping not dead yet but
          in severe pain.  The man looks at Bogan and gurgles
          in surprise from the blood in his throat.  Bogan
          can hear the noise but can't see what is going on.
          Fremea closes the door and hovers over the fat
          fence.  Maybe now he can answer questions.  Of course
          he can't talk but she does have anti-dotes.  He can
          still answer with his eyes.  She considers removing
          his pants and using his manhood as a persuasion
          technique.  After that he treated the girls.

          [Time: 1:21:45 am - Samma city, Donara - Gaming Hall]

          [Time: 1:17:28 am - Samma city, Donara - North side]

          Actions? Comments?

          Next Update....Friday...

          GM: A short update but good enough for now.  Notice
              I end with 2 different times.  Since separate
              groups I did it to speed things.  Else I'd have
              to do the gaming hall ALOT slower (phase by
              phase) so that conversation like Arawn with
              Ozon would take many many updates.  So this
              is why the difference in time.  Surprised
              those in the Climan attack didn't realize that
              the bad guys tend to have a priestess around. :)
              Sorry Z'leyra just bad placement and since no
              info on target selection I randomly rolled for
              the one nearby.  Since #1 was killed it would've
              been him if still alive then Raban might've
              been hurt.  :<

              Climan group - Once the priestess dies I'll speed
              up things a bit instead of 2 phases.  So if you
              want to do something special let me know.

              Arawn - Got your email.  Holding.  I'll answer
              for Ozon next time.  I want to see how Bogan
              is treated first.  :)  So will do more next update
              if I can.

          GM: Spells Active
              Z'leyra -    Invisibility EL0 - 1:18:00 ends

          GM: Mana report updated with Kiet, Fremea and Z'leyra's
              magic cast.

          GM: Groups -

              To track down Thief - Fremea, Kiet, Arawn, Etain, Corona
              To find building    - Raban, Z'leyra, Unali
              To stay at tavern   - Will, Kell

    [Gaming Hall]
     Scale = 1 Row    = 20 feet  /I\
             1 Column =  2 feet  North

              1         2         3         4         5         6
     123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456
  A  [First floor]           Street
  C      I-------------------------------------------------\/----I
  D      I    I~~                      @@I Bogan I     I         I
  E  A   I___/I     *   *   *   *   *  @@I OfficeI  ?  I         :  A
  F  l   I                               I___/___I__/__I  =======I  l
  G  l   :### #     *   *   *   *   *                       $  $ :  l
  H  e   I    #                                             $  $ I  e
  I  y   I    #     *   *   *   *   *                            I  y
  J      I---`---`---`---`---`---`---`---`---`--/\---`---`---`---I

                             Street

       ` = Window all shuttered closed
       /=, / = Door
       I = Wall
       : = Window (Shuttered)
       ~~= Stairs to second floor
       ##= Bar area
       @@= Stage area
       * = Table and chairs
       $ = Desk/table

     [Second Floor]          Street

         I-----------`---`---`---`---`---`---`---`---`---`----`--I
         I    I~~   I            F B <Bogan & Fremea             I
     A   I    /     I____/________/________/_________/_______/___:  A
     l   I    I                                                  I  l
     l   :    I     -----/--------/--------/---------/-------/---:  l
     e   I    /     I                                   I        I  e
     y   I    I     I                                   I        I  y
         I---`---`---`---`---`---`---`---`---`---`---`---`---`---I

      F = Fremea
      B = Bogan                                        X---X

       X = Window with light inside on.

   Scale = 1 Hex = 10 feet    /I\
           1 Row = 5 feet     North
           1 Column = 5 feet

          1         2         3         4         5
1234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/ O\__/  \__/A   /\= Door
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \B   / = Door
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/C   Front Door  c37
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_A/  \__/  \D   Back Door   E45
/  \__/  ___________________________________/E__/  \__/E   I = Wall
\__/  \__I  \I~~ *\_^^  @@I/  \_I/  \I_/  \__/  I__/  \F   = = Half waist
/  \__/  I__/I~~_P/  \__@@I\__/ I\__/I \__/  \__I  \__/G       high wall
\__/  \__I??\I_/  \__/  @@I/??\_I/??\I_/  \__/  I__/  \H   ?? =Unknown room
/  \__/  I__/I*\_*/ P*P_@@I\__/ I\__/I \__/  \__I  \__/I   @@= Stage
\__/  \__I??\IP/  \__/  \_I/??\_I/??\I_/  \__/  I__/  \J   ~~= Stairs
/  \__/  I__/I \__/  \__/ I\__/ I\__/I \__/  \__I  \__/K   ##=Bar area
\__/  \__I  \I*/ *\__*  \*I/ K\_I/  \I_/  \__/  I__/  \L   * Table with
/  \__/  I__\I \__/  \__/ I\__/ I\__/I \__/  \__I  \__/M     1-4 chairs
\__/  \__I  \__/  \__/  \_I/  \_I/  \I_/  \__   I__/  \N     around
/  \__/  I__/  \_*/  *__/*I\__/ I\__/I \__/  \__I  \__/O  ^^ = Fireplace
\__/  \__I###__#  \__/  \_I_G/G_I__/_I_/  \__/  I__/  \P
/  \__/  I__/  #__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__I  \__/Q
\__/  \__I  \__# *\__*  \*_/  *__/ P*P_/  \__/  I__/  \R
/  \__/  I__/  #__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__I  \__/S
\__/  \__I  \__#  \__*  \__/  \__/  \__/ =======I__/  \T
/  \__/  I__/  #_*/ ***_/* \__*  \__*  \_$/  $__I  \__/U
\__/  \__I  \__# T\__*  \__/  \__/  \__/P$\_P$F I__/  \V
/  \__/  I__/  #__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \P$F  $__I  \__/W
\__/  \__I  \__# *\__*  \*_/  *__/  *__/ $\__$  I__/  \X
/  \__/  I__/  #__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__I  \__/Y
\__/  \__I  \__#P \__/  \__/  \__/ G\__/  \__/  I__/  \Z
/  \__/  I__/  #_*/ P*P_/* \__*  \__/  \__/  \__I  \__/a
\__/  \__I  \__#  \__/  \__/  \__/  \G_/  \__/  I__/  \b
/  \__/  I_____#____________________/\__________I  \__/c
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \d
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/e
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \f
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/g
          1         2         3         4         5
1234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345

   [Facing - Standing]
   F = Fremea       Second floor
   O = Ozon Thief   [A45] Facing Arawn, Irza is neat to him.
   C = Corona       Roof
   K = Kiet         [L30] Sitting in chair in office
   A = Arawn        [D45] Facing Back door
   E = Etain        [E46] Facing Back door
   B = Bogan        Second floor
   G = Gatekeeper   [V18] Facing Kiet
   F = Gal Dealers  [W43] Facing West
   F = Gal Dealers  [V47] Facing West
   G = Goon?        [P29] Facing north
   G = Goon?        [P31] Facing north
   T = Bartender    [U14] Facing Kiet
   P = Patron       [V45] Facing Dealer
                    [V41] Facing Dealer      [W41] Facing Dealer
                    [J15] Sitting North      [Z22] Sitting South
                    [X20] Sitting North      [X23] Sitting North
                    [R36] Sitting East       [R38] Sitting West
                    [G18] Sitting South

          1         2         3         4         5
1234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/ O\__/  \__/A   /\= Door
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \B   / = Door
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/C   Front Door  c37
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_A/  \__/  \D   Back Door   E45
/  \__/  ___________________________________/E__/  \__/E   I = Wall
\__/  \__I   I~~ *  ^^  @@I     I    I          I__/  \F   = = Half waist
/  \__/  I   I~~ P      @@I     I    I          I  \__/G       high wall
\__/  \__I?? I          @@I ??  I ?? I          I__/  \H   ?? =Unknown room
/  \__/  I   I*  *  P*P_@@I     I    I          I  \__/I   @@= Stage
\__/  \__I   IP           I ??  I ?? I          I__/  \J   ~~= Stairs
/  \__/  I   I            I     I    I          I  \__/K   ##=Bar area
\__/  \__I   I*  *   *   *I     I  K I          I__/  \L   * Table with
/  \__/  I__/I            I     I    I          I  \__/M     1-4 chairs
\__/  \__I                I     I    I          I__/  \N     around
/  \__/  I       *   *   *I     I    I          I  \__/O  ^^ = Fireplace
\__/  \__I###  #          I__/__I_G/GI          I__/  \P
/  \__/  I     #                                I  \__/Q
\__/  \__I     # *   *   *    *    P*P          I__/  \R
/  \__/  I     #                                I  \__/S
\__/  \__I     #                         =======I__/  \T
/  \__/  I   E # *   *   *    *     *    $   $  I  \__/U
\__/  \__I     #                        P$  P$F I__/  \V
/  \__/  I     #                        P$F  $  I  \__/W
\__/  \__I     # *   *   *    *     *    $   $  I__/  \X
/  \__/  I     #P                               I  \__/Y
\__/  \__I     #     P                          I__/  \Z
/  \__/  I     # *  P*   *    *                 I  \__/a
\__/  \__I     #                      G         I__/  \b
/  \__/  I_____#____________________/\__________I  \__/c
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \d
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/e
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \f
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/g
          1         2         3         4         5
1234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345

   Bogan's Office

   -------  1 Column = 5 feet   K - Kiet
   I  * @I  1 Row = 5 feet      G - Guard
   I ### I  ## = Desk
   I * K I  * = Chair
   I    [I  [ = Couch
   I_G/G[I  @ = Cabinet

   Raban's group map

             ------------------------------------
                Shop?  ]    Street  [ Tailors I
                _______]      /I\   [_________I
                   Street   Street     Alley  I
                ________       I    __________I
                Ship?  ]      \I/   [ Silver  I
                       ]    Street  [  Smith  I
              -----------------------------------

  Alley map

  1 Hex = 10 feet (1 Col=5 feet, 1 Row = 5 feet)

          1         2         3         4
1234567890123456789012345678901234567890123
/  \__/[ \__/  \__2 story  \__/  I__I  \__/A  U - F11 Unali
\__/  \[_/  \__Tailor's Shop  \__I  I__/  \B  Z - F18 Z'leyhra, Inviso
/  \__/[_________________________I__I  \__/C  R - F23 Raban
/  \__/  89_/  \__/  3\J/  \__/  \__I  \__/G  [Dead Off map]
/  \__/ [\__/ Silversmith shop   I__I  \__/K

   Updates: Second floor map of new position of Fremea/Bogan
            Alley map of combat.