[pnpgm] Game Update #68

John Haight sang_real at msn.com
Sat Jan 18 20:33:56 CET 2014

   Trusting Etain to keep an ear out for trouble Arawn focused on the young woman before him. It didn't take an elf to sense Irza's discomfort as she clutched the bed-shroud tightly about her, prompting the druid to once again offer her the additional protection of his cloak.

[Outside Irza speaks in a slight tremble as the cool night is reaching her most private places.  "The man sometimes comes to sell things to Bogan.  High end stuff. I entertain him but only to talk."  She looks down considering this.  "I guess she prefers much higher company.  But mostly he tells me games in better more established places.  He belives ves this to be too scummy."]

   "Don't sell yourself short, Irza," he commented, a genuine smile of support on his face as he worked to lift her spirit and impress upon her a measure of self-worth.
   "There are many reasons for a man to visit a woman but to return and simply talk - to share stories, burdens and dreams - is one of the most treasured, reserved for the highest of company."

   He was still looking kindly upon her when the shadowed man spoke his first words. In an instant Arawn guessed that Ozon had now joined the gathering, the humored response hinting at the shadowed man's identity. Spinning he gave the man a smile and a respectful nod, watching with warmth as Irza moved to join him.

   Motioning to Etain to maintain his watch at the door he politely responded to Ozon's question.

   "I have a friend, the same one who allowed Irza to slip free from the building and a chance to return home or make her own." He paused, briefly turning toward Irza. "Assuming that's your desire."

  He gave the girl a moment before shifting his attention back to the thief.

   "She's searching for... her past. I cannot say more as it's not my story to tell other than to say that you were and are pivotal to her story."

   He looked to Ozon imploringly.

   "Please, I ask for you to at least hear her out." He then turned his head to look toward the gambling hall.