[pnpgm] Game Update #115

John Haight sang_real at msn.com
Sun Dec 21 21:10:38 CET 2014

   “A pity
you didn’t keep Mavac alive, for the password if not for the benefit of
authorities seeking to end the slave trade,” Arawn commented. “Even his corpse
would have allowed me to pry answers but all that’s left are ashes.”

   “In the
future, don’t forget, my talents allow me to discover deep truths without need
of such grisly acts. There are few who can hide behind lies when faced by
druids and the Urigallu.”

 ----

   “In the
meanwhile if I’m to collect Mavac’s monies I assume it’s occurred to all that
I’ve no idea what the man looks, sounds or acts like? Perhaps if one of you can
craft a detailed construct for me in private I can manage something.”

----

   When
Kell and Raban dissected his comment on party separation he cocked a brow.

   “No,
that’s not what I meant. What I’m saying is, that for those infiltrating the
estate, why split up and look for multiple entrance points? Once even a single
invader is detected the alarm will sound and a smaller group has less of a
chance of quickly silencing guards and servants.

   And the reconnaissance is meant for the same night. Just keep the main body of the group
in the tree-line while Kiet, under Invisibility, uses his Mana Spheres to peer
into the building and attachment. As soon as a suitable entrance point is found
folk can enter through whatever method they prefer – teleportation,
insubstantiality, or even quietly disintegrating the wall.

   The run
from the tree-line, if cover is needed, can be done under cover of a concealing
mist, illusion or what-have-you, assuming the sun-shy don’t give a clear
indicator that watchmen aren’t present.

   Plus you
have the roof to investigate, most likely a job for Fremea, as watchmen or a
roof entrance might present itself.”

 ----

   Noting
Fremea’s decision to eliminate anyone found that’s not a slave the druid spoke
up.

   “Though
caution is wise I would counsel against killing all non-slaves found, at least
before understanding their presence within the estate. Right now we only assume
it to be a slave-hold, proof has yet to be found, and even if it is that does not mean that everyone
present knows that, particularly if they’re especially secretive. Or they may
be coerced and held hostage through fear and threat to themselves or loved ones
into service.

   I doubt
that would apply to guards but for the others be of sound judgement. Those with
a mission, especially the zealous, can all too easily cross the line from being
heroes to monsters. Be careful about blurring those lines lest one day you find
yourself justifying the same acts you once condemned.

   Define
your boundaries and stay true to them.”

   “If you
can, bring the man to the nobles backing the liberation army. They can pry him
for further information that could lead to a more thorough purge and
understanding of the system. And hopefully also lead to long-term changes.

      If you want lasting change
this responsibility needs to pass into the hands of those with influence.
Otherwise all you’ve done is create a vacuum for another slaver to fill.”