[pnpgm] Game Update #114 - File #441- Illusion of Infiltration

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue Dec 16 00:10:35 CET 2014

   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.J H Hooten........YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   -- Npc...............YY..Etain.............Teacher.Normal/Elf......Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #114 in sequence (file #441)

        From David: [Re: Actions]
          I cannot wait until little Kiet makes that next step up in
          MEL. Oh, goody!
        GM: Ack. Gotta spend magic to get experience. :)  But your little
            Kiet? :)  Sadly I doubt you will do it this adventure unless
            you spent tons of magic.  You got at least another 200 odd
            more mep to get.

        From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
          Fremea sits in contemplation about the events that just ...

          She shakes her head to clear herself. Realizing they are back
          at the Inn now. "Ok, the newcomers can help. I would say they...
        GM: Ack.

        From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
          So, attack estate, fast combat.

          Use allies, but in a safe manner. She does not want them to be
          killed trying to get to loved ones (family, kids).

          Depending on if Z can use Oblivion to just drop Grosis inside
          the grounds for distraction. Otherwise, will come up with a
          different plan for his body.

          Kell, Arawn and Etan can get Mavac's stuff. The rest will go
          to the  estate.
        GM: Ack. /Fast combat will work.  Typically most combat is only
            a few minutes.  I was considering 1 Minute updates which is
            5 Turns or 20 phases.  I may cut that down to 30 seconds
            or even less depending on situation like if someone gets
            hurt and needs immediate help.  Only issue with fast combat
            for a pbem is limited use of actions.  So it will have to
            be planned in that time span (a minute).  So if you plan to
            use magic you will need to do IF-THENs or such comments.
            But it will speed things up.

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Z'leyra replies "Oblivion is taught to vanish living entities. I

          With that she frowns at the body, reaches into her satchel and
          brings out a silver chain that she loops over the wrist of the
          corpse. She then takes her staff, casts a EL0 Balance
          purification then turning the silver chain into a figure eight
          loops the other end over her left wrist and thru the staff casts
          Oblivion EL0 on the Corpse [She expects the Spellchain to improve
          the chance of success.]

          Later when the time comes to drop off the body she will see if
          there is a good spot where she can do it, exclaim "Oh my
          goodness! A body!"  then leave and circle around while the
          guards find the body, though  if necessary she will cast
          invisibility EL0 to get to a better spot  to drop the body.
          Note the she thinks dropping it in line of sight of a guard
          would be unwise as it would tell them that a spellcaster is
          nearby.
        GM: Ack. Don't think he wanted body dealt with right now but
            will hold the second part till later if that is the case.

          [Sepes 29th, 1634TH]
          [Location: City of Samma, Donara]

          [Time: 1:28:00 pm - Samma city, Donara]

            The party is now all back together.  Those outside leave
          the wagon and head inside.  One of the new men looks to
          Raban.

            "You can go inside with the others."

            Raban stretches and yawns a bit as a cool breeze whips
          down the alley.  "I'm fine."

            "I'm not going inside like the others.  I have...issue
          with drinking.  So I'll guard him."  He waves a hand toward
          the body of Grosis under the blanket.  "Plus with you here
          it would attract more attention.  No offense."

            "None taken.  I could use a dri-", Raban pauses and stops
          himself, "a nice hot roll or something."

            The man climbs on the back of the wagon and pulls out a apple
          from his bag and begins to carve it up for eating.  From the
          roof Corona keeps a tab of the wagon as well.

            Roerick tells the other men, "go get the others.  Have them
          assemble as quickly as we can.  I don't know how long before
          they leave.  Tell them their best gear.  No flashy clothing.
          If we can get greens to blend in the trees that might help."

            The other three men nod and move down the alley deeper into
          the city proper.  Kell notices and considers following to ensure
          the new allies are indeed friendly.  But it would maybe need
          three to follow if they split up.  Since no orders were given
          to the contrary he shrugs and hopes they can be trusted.

            Inside the tavern the place is more deserted now that the
          lunch crowd has finished.  Maybe only four tables are taken
          by anyone.  The almost deaf bartender is at the bar cleaning
          a stack of used glasses and mugs.

            Kell ambles up to the bar to ask the bartender, "do you
          have a private eating room?"

            "Huh?  A heating broom?   My broom only sweeps."  He turns
          around and shakes his head. "Long hair kids today talking
          nonsense!"

            "No, a eating-" Kell starts again but is stopped when a
          waitress grabs his arm.

            "Not in a separate room.  But there in the rear corner
          we can gather the tables if needed.  This time of day
          we get little traffic so it will be quiet and you should
          have privacy."  She looks to the others and sees a nice
          set of tips coming.

            Fremea looks to the back.  There is only one guy in the
          area and seems to be finishing up his meal.  The next
          occupied table is about 20 feet away.  So if they speak
          low they should have privacy.  She nods and heads to
          the table.

            The others join them and Etain is found in the room
          making notes on his pad.  Will is waken up form his nap
          in the bed and asked to join the others.

            Now the entire party of 8 are at the tables.  Raban has to
          use a chair made for some local lumber jacks and should be
          safe to sit at the table without ruining the chair.  Roerick
          sits alone and watches the others to study who they might be.

            The waitress takes any drink and food orders for those who
          might wish to eat a late lunch.

            "I appreciate being able to join.  We are a small group.
          We had tried to ask the Sea Star group for help but they
          have their own agenda.  We aren't real rebels like them.
          We support the government just not how they deal with
          the issue of slavery.  While it is not a common thing
          it is ignored for the most part by the nobles.  We have
          friends in other cities.  But we do what we can in each
          city.  I am concerned that once we attack this Count
          that the nobles will pay more attention to it.  A crack
          down may happen.  So we are risking much here for both
          of us. This is why we must not let any one live who can
          tie our group to this operation."

            The others look to the man who looks more like a tailor
          than a farmer.  He claims to be a farmer but his bearing
          and speaking voice seems to show he has some bit of
          education.  Fremea then realizes both will need help.  Her
          friends will need a group to disperse the slaves if the
          are freed.  These new allies can do that.  The new allies
          need the group to demonstrate it is not just a bunch of
          farmers who rebel and avoid that eye of the nobles.

            Fremea sits in contemplation about the events that just went
          down. She doesn't really feel anything one way or the other. She
          was hoping that with Grosis' death she would be a little be
          relieved, but really she just feels a bit of sadness that he
          wasn't much of anything expect a sniveling coward.

            More people who feel wronged. Maybe there is something to
          what Arawn says. To let go of the events and live a better life.

            Fremea shakes her head to clear herself. Realizing they are
          back at the Inn now. "Ok, the newcomers can help. I would say
          they are mostly for either a distraction or to get the slaves
          to safety, no need to let them be in harms way." Thinking for a
          moment after looking for the rough map her thrall gave her. "Z,
          could you use your Obilivion on Grosis' body and then drop it in
          on the complex? That would most definitely cause a stir and buy
          us time to get inside and take out the guards. I know one thing
          that the guard could not tell us, is if there are any magical
          safeguards. I can come in invisible and surprise a few of them."

            Thinking about it a little bit. "I say we get a decent plan
          setup and take out this slaver."

            Arawn looks at Roerick then at Fremea.  Something happened
          and he can't quite get it.  Did they free the one they captured?
          Was Fremea part of it?  Arawn never saw the wagon out back so
          stares a bit confused.

            Arawn figures he'll start.  He goes over the things he learned
          from Jordi's friends.  He does not go into detail of the
          attack on the Climans with Rorick sitting here.  But hints
          that Jordi and his friends are actively working on something.
          He explains about the bird upstairs in their room and other
          details he learned.

            Kell realizes he is a bit ravenous especially after his
          dart attack.  He chomps on a nice slab of ham.  When he
          is done he speaks up, "So sounds like you want to go after
          this plant still.  I just hope its on our way to the capital
          as we are on limited time."

            Fremea and the others tell of what happened in the barn.
          Roerick listens intently on this with a bit of excitement.
          Arawn frowns when he hears of the torture and looks to
          Kiet with a sour face.  Then he learns of Mavac's death
          and then soon death of Grosis.  Arawn turns to Fremea to
          see her expression but she is so impassive.  He had hoped
          to see some reaction.  Lack of emotion by humans leads
          to a person who acts without morals and empathy.  But he
          is reminded that she is no human.  A being who has been
          nothing but abused by the humans.  So why doesn't she show
          a bit of glee at their deaths?  Glee would at least show
          show she enjoyed it.  Arawn is a bit happy on that because
          it shows that maybe some ground has been made with her
          and her old nature.  Maybe there is hope after all.

          [Time: 2:21:12 pm - Samma city, Donara]

            Almost an hour passes once the party is fully updated, fed
          and plans are started to be made.

            Z'leyra waits till everyone is done with the past events
          before she speaks up on Fremea's initial comments.

            Z'leyra replies, "Oblivion is taught to vanish living entities.
          I am unsure of what might happen when using it to vanish someone
          or something dead or that never lived...though logically it
          should work as clothes and carried items are also vanished when
          one casts oblivion. Note that Oblivion has a normal time amount
          measured in months that the vanishing occurs for, depending on
          how strong one makes the spell. To summon back a vanished before
          that time expires requires twice the mana that it took to cast
          the spell in the first place."

            Etain explains that he has not found much in the documents.
          But when the name of the count was given he does go through
          the papers and finds one.  "This one seems to be some notes
          Mavac had in his papers.  It is a interview process of notes
          like he was asking about someone.  The idea is that he
          was asking some architect who made an estate for a noble of
          some sort.  Seems the architect was confused by the back
          area."  He taps the map of the estate's rear. "I believe
          this area is what he was talking about.  The architect seemed
          confused on the addition.  The estate was there decades ago.
          But this new addition was added only 15 years ago.  He was
          confused by the tunnel here and the back that had no doors
          and no windows.  He simply laid out the area and never saw
          the finished inside.  The architect usually says nobles like
          to have a hot steam area or a wine area if underground.  But
          he mentions there was only one small vent at the top made
          for air and steam would not do much with that.  Mavac jots
          in his personal notes that it was a dead end.  My guess Mavac
          was trying to figure out this back area as well.  He must've
          been to the estate but never there.  I guess he tried to
          question the architect for information.  Mavac seems like
          a wise guy to know about his "friends."  Unless he was
          trying to find out more about them for other reasons."

            Fremea nods and there it is a connection to the noble
          and Mavac.  She frowns if only Mavac's body was left
          this would be a bit easier.  Grosis is out of the picture
          and may not even be known by the estate people.

            Kell looks to Arawn and leans closer. "I guess we go
          after Mavac's stuff.  I have a plan.  Can you do some
          kind of illusion?"

            Raban's stiff body tries to remain in place not to stress
          the chair.  He studies the map.  "The Oblvion thing is
          interesting.  Wish Farseeker was here he could get this
          figured out.  Even that General guy Arawn met.  I thin
          Unali has the next best tactical training by Aren.  But
          I am no fighting elite in methods.  But I do have a idea
          or two.   So it will be us six and a dozen of our new
          friends."  He looks to Roerick and back at the others.

            "We could deliver the body two ways..or rather three if
          you use that oblivion thing.  I could drop it by air."  This
          causes Roerick to become curious but the giant does not
          elaborate.  "Fremea's friend could drive him in the wagon
          toward the estate.  The guards would rush and pull guards
          away.  The guard could be directed to say or do stuff.
          Too bad we can't use Mavac as it would get more reaction."

            Kell perks up, "we can still.  Why not use some illusion
          to look like him?  He could walk to the door and see if
          he can meet the Count.  That would get one person inside.
          He could bring the body and show how they have been betrayed
          and see how things go or such?"

            Raban nods and continues, "If that ball thing Kiet uses had
          longer range we could see more but this is a big place.  If
          we could get him and the new allies to the rear and see about
          checking that area first.  I could...arrive more or less
          and maybe make a door if there is none there."

            Fremea realizes the giant could probably knock a hole through
          most home walls  With a mallet could do it a bit faster.

            Kell nods, "so there are two ways in.  The front gate and
          the fence.  Once there is open territory with no trees
          till the house about what? 100 feet?  Means making entry
          there will be hard.  But if the rear building has no windows
          that means folks can use a straight line toward that area
          without being seen?  So maybe Kiet, Raban and if able the
          allies?  Guard and Grosis in wagon at the gate.  Fremea can.."
          He pauses and is not sure if Roerick knows about her wings.
          "Can get inside through other methods maybe by window.  If
          we use the Mavac illusion thing then that's anther person
          inside.  This would leave Unali, Will and Z'leyra to
          obtain entry or join the others.  The house itself ahs
          the main front door and that side door."

            Raban Grins, "we could get some horses.  Will, Unali and
          Z'leyra could chase the wagon by horse to the gate.  Mavac
          or the guard could then yell for help.  This would draw off
          the guards at least on both sides and front to help. Those
          in the rear if on patrol may no go.  But it would draw off
          many of them.  All these are various ideas we can use."

            Roerick, adds, "most of us can ride as well.  We could
          join the "attackers" as well if needed behind the wagon
          or come in once the gate is opened.  If all of us are not
          needed in the rear. But we don't know know how many are
          inside."

            Fremea turns to the thrall guard who stares at the others
          with a blank expression.  She asks mentally how many guards
          does the count usually have?

            "Unsure.  Grosis learned that he hires many of the river
          pirates to raid ships.  Some estimate he could have a force
          of a hundred in that regard including possible road bandits.
          I estimated when I tried to spy on the estate at least
          two dozen."

            Roerick sips some water, "even for a Count that is a bit
          much on the guard side.  He is guarding something more than
          just himself.  That has to be the slaves."

            "Could be riches as well."  Kell adds as he finishes the
          ham and beans. "Why else a fence like that? "

            Raban frowns, "too bad we can't just go to the government
          and report him and get help. The city here might be friends
          of his and that could backfire."

            Roerick waves a hand, "I think that is why Mavac was in
          their payroll.  The Count could have more City guards or
          officials but I suspect he was the main contact."

            As the others start to add in their views Kell leans to
          Arawn and whispers.  "This illusion idea has merit.  Can
          you look like Mavac at the money lenders?  Maybe his
          tongue could be removed.  I could interpret and demand
          his funds because he needs to leave town or such stuff.
          Unless you have a better idea to get the funds.  The
          coin will help and the vouchers we found.  But the password
          will be the hard part.  Thus the missing tongue."

          [Time: 2:30:00 pm - Samma city, Donara]

          Actions? Comments?

          Next Update...Thursday...

          GM: Ok.  A good place to stop.  Idea need to be ironed out.
              The npcs gave some suggeetions.  It needs to be
              tweaked on and then decided on by Fremea.  Several
              different possible plans can be made from above or
              something different if needed.  It would even be more
              a suprise to Air drop Grosiss body and have it appear
              suddenly.  But then they'd might panic fearing magic
              users plus how to get Raban invisible and then the
              body to appear suddenly.  So iron out the details.
              We have Thursday and Monday.  Since X-mas is next
              week I suspect no one will want to get an update out
              then.  I will be off but others may be busy or out
              of town.  So unless a sudden plan is given by Fremea
              and orders given then let's try to get a firm plan
              in place by 12/31.  I figured we might be done with
              this adventure by then but no go.  We are only 75%
              done.  That's why a fast combat will be good.  So
              iron out the details. Fast and furious email/posts
              can be done to iron out things.  Heck even chat
              or such it can be arranged.  If any questions then
              just ask.  I'm off Thursday so will work on next
              update if I get enough posts Thursday afternoon.

              So it will be Kell, Arawn, Etain to Money lender.
              Other six will go with the 12 possible human allies
              toward the estate as needed.

          GM: Tasks to do -
                * Find mysterious Mage      - Upcoming updates
                * Sell loot if possible       Upcoming Updates

          GM: Maps -

        ___________________  Rough overview map only! NOT to scale
        I                 I
        I  E  ___A__      I  A - Building behind estate (100'x100')
        I     [ B  ] D    I  B - Actual 2 story estate 200'x200'
        I     [____]      I  C - Small wooden barn
        I             C   I  D - Outside patio area
        I      F          I  E - Shed of some sort
        I_______[]________I [] - Front gate
                             I and _ = Iron fence 5 feet tall with thick
                                shrubs blocking 90+% view
                             F - Guard wooden small shack (50'x50')

    Count's Estate (to Scale)

    /I\     1 Row    = 20 feet (200')
    North   2 Column =  4 feet (200')

                          ___________________
                  No      I  100 feet by    I
                Windows-> I     60 feet     I
                          I________  _______I
                                  I  I
                     No windows-> I  I
                                  I  I
         I-------------------------  -----------------------I
         I                                         ??       I
         I                    200 feet x 200 feet           I
         I                                                  / Side door
         I                                                  I to patio
         I       Two Stories                                I
         I                                                  I
         I                                                  I
         I                                                  I
         I                                                  I
         I                                                  I
         I-------------------------/\-----------------------I
                                 Front door

       ?? - A smoke stack likely where kitchen or fireplace is for both
            floors.  Smoke was seen from it.

       Windows dot the main house every 5 feet along all wall but the
       hallway to the back building and rear building area.
       Front gate is a thick iron gate wide enough for a wagon.
       Windows are both ground and second stories.  Most windows on
       ground floor  have curtains or last seen by guard open.  He
       claims second story windows were mostly closed (curtains).

       No idea on what is on roof.