[pnpgm] Game Update #113 - File #436 - Future of Slavery?

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Thu Dec 11 23:04:15 CET 2014

   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.J H Hooten........YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   -- Npc...............YY..Etain.............Teacher.Normal/Elf......Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #113 in sequence (file #436)

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Z'leyra notes "Two evil men dead. Can't say I mourn for ...

          [Sepes 29th, 1634TH]
          [Location: City of Samma, Donara]

          [Arawn/Jordi's Tavern]
          [Time: 12:58:27 pm - Samma city, Donara]

            Callista had hesitated earlier and Arawn picks it up.

            Arawn gives Callista a subtle but questioning look. Only
          when he accompanies her on her way out, when there's a moment
          out of earshot of anyone else does he ask,

            "What else were you going to say about the bird?  You can
          trust me, as an Alfar and a druid, I'll see to the bird's well-
          being."

            Callista eyes widen and her hands shake a bit.  Clearly she
          did not know he was an Alfar.  Arawn has seen this in the
          Court.  Some call it googled-eyed.  Some call it royal-shy.
          Whatever you call it, at times it is a pain.

            She finally speaks up, "it is not about you.  I have
          a promise to the seer to keep.  She believes strongly in the
          will of the universe ruled by the gods and what humans
          call destiny.  She believes some things are best to be found
          in the journey not in spoilers.  It is about the bird but
          it will not ..hinder things."

            The Elf burly leader guard steps in earshot.  "Sorry we must
          be leaving.  Some city guards are moving this way.  Humans
          are too curious."  She ushers the General's wife away toward
          the west and the river.

            Arawn is amazed how calm those inside are to the human
          threat in the city.  As it seems with many folks they deem
          the females to be protected and away from danger.  For a
          man who looks to the future the General is traditional in
          that regard.

            Arawn tries to sway her to open up as much as he could.
          But there is a sacred duty to promises.  Some could be a little
          kid's deal to a life or death situation.  Spoilers can in fact
          backfire. If Father and Mother had given him a play book on
          what to do now he'd be too influenced.  Fate may be linked to
          the gods but it is only a tool they even can not control.

            And no side-stops, though as a vegetarian Arawn will pass up
          the meat for some fresh fruit and batter-fried vegetables.

          [Time: 1:27:27 pm - Samma city, Donara]

            Arawn finally rounds the corner and sees the tavern up ahead.

                         -----------------------

          [Kiet/Fremea/Raban  Group]
          [Time: 12:32:19 am - Samma city, Donara]

            Kell looks to Unali and smiles, "so is this how it goes?  This
          whole adventure thing?  Making friends."  He rubs his arm where
          the darts hit him.  "Why don't folks just walk up and shake hands?"

            When Kell mentions making new friends, a smile can be seen
          passing over Unali's face. Her thought. "Making new friends can
          be easy if you don't kill them first." But this remains unspoken.

          [Time: 12:37:19 am - Samma city, Donara]

            As she learns of the estate and the possibilities of attack
          Unali looks at Fremea to see what her thoughts are on attacking
          the estate.

            The silence is broken by Kell, "why a estate?  Why can't
          the bad guys simply have a open camp in the woods?  Seems we
          invade estates, mountains or secret bases.  Why do bad
          guys seem to believe bigger is better?"  This gets a few laughs
          from those around.  "Maybe the gods want us to run the rat
          maze and see who does it faster?"

            Fremea stares at this new group.  She knows her party can
          can deal with an army.  But she is also here to find her
          parents. She has at least a two week journey to find them
          and catch up with Varange.  To speed things up it might
          be best to have allies.  But she considers this for a bit
          more before she makes her decision.

            Z'leyra notes, "Two evil men dead. Can't say I mourn for them.
          Maybe they were nice to dogs or something, but I doubt their
          souls have much on the good side of the ledger when their souls
          are weighed. What do you want done with Grosis' corpse?"

            Fremea doesn't want another body to bother the blacksmith.
          He was generous to let him use the place.  She points to the
          wagon and Raban plops him there. She will figure out how to
          use the body later or just dump it in the sewer.  Though the
          taste of the rats might make them sick.

            "I am Roerick.  You might call me the leader.  We have
          more people.  We have in our group 14 who can help you."  The
          tall one with the sword speaks.

            "Actually Guris is sick.  Barely can get out of bed."  One
          of the blowgun men says.  "His family should be transporting
          him to a healer near his farm today."

            "Mez is also away still on the side mission to Xian."  The
          other swords man adds.

            "I thought Mez was due back today?" Roerick tilts his head in
          question.

            "He was but sent word ..the..info on the slaver there may
          be traveling to Pelara so wanted to get some more confirmations.
          He sent word by messenger last night."

            Roerick then turns back to the wagon.  "Then I guess we
          have a dozen.  We may not be as well...armed or such as you
          seem to be.  But we can give intelligence and a good distraction."

            In the wagon, Unali perks up on this.  Many don't use the
          word intelligence in that manner.  Not unless they have some
          training.  A simple farmer would just have said "info".

            Fremea glances at the others and considers her options.  She
          explains now sitting besides Kiet in her dress, she will consider
          it and to follow.  Once the group is back together it can be
          decided.

            Fremea twirls around like a girl and plops in the back.
          Unali takes side seat with Kiet.  Raban will have to walk
          since he is too heavy for the poor horses.  Kell, the
          thrall guard, Grosis's body and Z'leyra sit in the back with
          her.

            As they drive the humans take the rear about 50 feet behind.
          Kiet tries to do a slow ride so to give Raban and the others
          a chance to follow.

            During this time Fremea questions the place about the estate
          he saw.

            He gives directions.  "The trees all were cut down within
          100 feet.  There are some trees and bushes around the house
          but this allows wide open views.  We figured he was just
          a paranoid man.  Around the outside is a iron fence dotted
          with shrubs 5 feet tall.  The estate is about 200 feet by 200
          feet with 2 stories.  There is a odd building out back that
          juts out."

            Kell takes notes on his parchment and the man sketches a
          rough map of the estate.

            "I did not get inside so no clue what is there.  I saw
          guards patrolling the grounds though.  Sometimes 2 per side
          in random or normal routines.  So right there that is at
          least 8 guards.  The front gate here.  Are at least 2 more.
          No clue on how many inside.  There is a small barn here for
          horses and a wagon.  A storage shed for the grounds here.
          Patio and eating area on the east side here.  This small
          shack must be a guard shack as I saw some guards come and
          go from there.  That is about it I'm afraid."

            Fremea and the others study the map.  Probably what?  At
          most 20 maybe 30 guards.  Raban could take out half that
          alone.  Do they really need these allies?

            Kell points out, "this structure may be a bath house or
          pool area.  Some rich folks have that in major cities.
          But where are the slaves?  Did you see any slaves?"

            "I was limited on what I could see.  I had to climb a tree
          and see bits and pieces.  This rear building is about 100 feet
          by 100.  But it has no windows at all.  It is only one story.
          As far as I could tell no door either.  As to slaves I only
          saw one female taking drinks to some guards.  A guy who looked
          dirty might have been a grounds keeper but not sure if he was
          a slave or not."

            "If we find slaves." Kell asks Fremea.  "We simply won't
          have time to help them.  We could send them to the farmer we
          first met her but he seems swamped."  He eyes the men following
          the wagon.  "If this group is indeed to help the slaves then
          they are best suited for that job.  That is if that is their
          true intention."

          [Time: 1:25:20 am - Samma city, Donara]

            The wagon is finally nearing the tavern.  With the body
          in the back covered up there is little looks aside from those
          wondering why six guys, including that tall giant, is following
          behind.

            Kiet finds a place for the wagon. Kell looks to Fremea, "should
          someone stay to guard him?  Until we find out what to do next?"

            Raban raises a hand, "I can.  I'll just lay back and rest a bit.
          It might strain the wagon but not the horses.  Plus I'm not a
          tactical guy.  Just come up with a plan and let me know who
          to hit."

            Corona squawks to Z'leyra that in the north side he spots
          Arawn moving toward the tavern.

            "My head still aches.  I think I need a ale.  Maybe see
          if Will is awake finally and see what Etain is drinking."

          [Time: 1:28:00 am - Samma city, Donara]

          Actions? Comments?

          Next Update...Monday...

          GM: Not many posts form the last update aside from Wout's and
              John's emails which is above.  So I got us to the tavern.
              But you guys need to figure out what to do next.

              1) Grosis Body
              2) Attack or ignore Estate If attack then fast or slow combat.
              3) New allies or not?

              I will assume all is shared when everyone meets up.  I
              assume the death and the technique will not be shared with
              Arawn on Mavac/Grosis.  Only in what might be said by him.
              But if you do tell him then let me know.  But for now
              it will be a more generic G rated story than all the gory
              details. This goes for anyone.  So aside from the interrogation
              all things will be known and shared I assume.

              I can answer stuff in email or in game if have questions.

          GM: Fremea - You can decide all 3 things as leader or seek guidance.
                Let me know.  If you decide to attack now it might take
                an hour to figure out a plan. A bit to move there and then
                attack after some recon.  So it might be 3pm or so.  Keep
                in mind each hour spending here will delay the 2 week
                trip to the capital. You can attack at night but again
                on the delay.  I know you want to get to Mavac's stuff
                as well so a plan needs to be formed there.  If at
                same time (separate team or as whole) at same time as
                estate attack or not.  If you want the allies to be
                there for the plans to be made let me know.

          GM: * People file updated with some new names
              * Mana report updated with spells and skills.  (Kiet
                take a look at the bottom!) I've not updated the EXACT
                figures on mana yet for Kiet and Z'leyra.  Mainly
                due to Z's high #s and Kiet was using a batter so not
                from core mana.  Later I can try to tweak the numbers.

          GM: Tasks to do -
                * Find mysterious Mage      - Upcoming updates
                * Sell loot if possible       Upcoming Updates

          GM: Maps -

        ___________________  Rough overview map only! NOT to scale
        I                 I
        I  E  ___A__      I  A - Building behind estate (100'x100')
        I     [ B  ] D    I  B - Actual 2 story estate 200'x200'
        I     [____]      I  C - Small wooden barn
        I             C   I  D - Outside patio area
        I      F          I  E - Shed of some sort
        I_______[]________I [] - Front gate
                             I and _ = Iron fence 5 feet tall with thick
                                shrubs blocking 90+% view
                             F - Guard wooden small shack (50'x50')

    Count's Estate (to Scale)

    /I\     1 Row    = 20 feet (200')
    North   2 Column =  4 feet (200')

                          ___________________
                  No      I  100 feet by    I
                Windows-> I     60 feet     I
                          I________  _______I
                                  I  I
                     No windows-> I  I
                                  I  I
         I-------------------------  -----------------------I
         I                                         ??       I
         I                    200 feet x 200 feet           I
         I                                                  / Side door
         I                                                  I to patio
         I       Two Stories                                I
         I                                                  I
         I                                                  I
         I                                                  I
         I                                                  I
         I                                                  I
         I-------------------------/\-----------------------I
                                 Front door

       ?? - A smoke stack likely where kitchen or fireplace is for both
            floors.  Smoke was seen from it.

       Windows dot the main house every 5 feet along all wall but the
       hallway to the back building and rear building area.
       Front gate is a thick iron gate wide enough for a wagon.
       Windows are both ground and second stories.  Most windows on
       ground floor  have curtains or last seen by guard open.  He
       claims second story windows were mostly closed (curtains).

       No idea on what is on roof.

Use Website for maps that mess up in email due to tabs.