[pnpgm] Game Update #97 - File #382 - Redemption eye to eye

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue Aug 12 05:12:01 CEST 2014

   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.J H Hooten........YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   -- Npc...............YY..Etain.............Teacher.Normal/Elf......Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #97 in sequence (file #382)

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           [ * Arawn - As you can see from the time ticks you are at
least a full hour ahead of Kiet's group. So do you want that hour or
go to find Jordi? Wasn't sure. ]

           It depends on whether Z'leyra and Kiet decide to return to the
           inn before that hour is up at 10:10:33 am.

           If they return before then Arawn will ask how the investigation
           at Bogan's place went. If/when he finds out that they didn't
           make it inside the building then Arawn will postpone looking
           for Jordi and head to Bogan's place as quickly as possible. His
           hope is to covertly make it inside the building to locate
           anything of interest, in particular linking him to the faerry
           slaver ring and any connection to Varange or the faerry court.

           If Z'leyra/Kiet do not return to the inn before 10:10:33 am
           Arawn will head out towards Jordi. But if he runs into them
           on the way to look for Jordi he'll speak with them and pursue
           the action listed above.

          [Sepes 29th, 1634TH]
          [Location: City of Samma, Donara]

          [Fremea/Raban group]
          [Time: 9:11:00 am - Samma city, Donara]

            Fremea considers her options. The guard is of no concern
          other than just getting in the way. Of course even if he is
          just paid to protect this slug, he deserves to get anything
          coming. She thinks for a moment about what to do. Pull the bow
          and put a hole right into the head, sneak up behind and quietly
          dispatch him with her hands or daggers? Paralysis him, and make
          him watch his failure happen right in front of his face. These
          are all good options, but her mouth curls into a large smile.
          Almost letting out a laugh, but quickly getting herself in
          check.

            Fremea shifts a bit in the bushes watching.  The sun is bright
          and the bushes hide her form but a person with any eyes could
          sill see her if not so distracted like these two. She smiles the
          irony of her plan.  A slaver being tricked by her in such a way
          is just pure irony.  Grosis is now about 20 feet and moving fast
          toward her general direction. It might be only seconds before
          they pass.  She begins to whisper a few words of magic in her
          special tongue.  She then flicks a finger only for the gesture
          toward the guard behind the slug.  She extends her own senses to
          test the validity of the spell.

            The guard slows his pace and then seems to remain silent and
          motionless.  The weak willed fool.  Now her own slave to use
          against the slaver.  She uses her mind to order the fascinated
          guard to move forward and get the slug's dagger from his belt.

            The guard quietly steps forward and catches up to the grumbling
          Grosis.

            "...will treat this walking tree a lesson!"

            Then the guard reaches to the slug's right and quickly grabs
          the top hilt of the dagger.

            Grosis turns around quickly.  "What the -."

            The guard is given an order to knock the man to the ground.
          He uses a simple side kick to one leg and he drops to his knees.
          The guard then uses both arms and shoves the man backwards to the
          ground.

            "You idiot!"  Grosis falls to his back and tries to get up.

            But the guard moves forward and using his arms to sit on the
          slaver's waist and leans down to hold his arms above  his head.

            "If it's coin-" Grosis begins to plead.

            Then Fremea steps out of the bushes.  Now without her disguise
          and in full glory of her wings unwrapped.  She can't help but
          gloating and smiles.  Holding her dagger in her right hand,
          twirling among her fingers.

            Grosis eyes bulge like a deer about to be mauled by a bear.
          He begins to stammer.  "You...Yo..You..yo..."

            "Hello Grosis, it seems you have gotten soft. Or actually, it
          seems you have lost what made you look important and in control."
          She watches his reaction as the recognition dawns on his face for
          who she is. She smiles a little, "There is really only one way
          that you might get out of this alive and keep your important
          bits. Of course you can also end this faster by answering
          everything I want to know truthful. Or you can let me have some
          fun by not saying a word or telling me a lie each time."

            Fremea waits a few heartbeats.  Most thugs this time either
          gloat or threaten.  Some deny or grovel.  She wonders which
          this slug will do first.

            "You will die for this!"  Grosis spits at the air toward
          Fremea.  She sighs a threat from such a low scum.

            "I have a dozen or so more men behind me you can't do this
          to me."

            Fremea knows this to be a lie and tells the guard to growl
          and move his knee into the slaver's ribs.

            "Ow.  Listen!  Listen.  I changed.  I was going to free
          you before you..before you left."  Growl.   "Seriously
          I had turned a new life.  I wanted to get fully legit."
          Growl.  Fremea ignores the overweight ex-slaver.

            "First question, are you the master of the slave ring still or
          did someone else take it from you? It seems like you are easy
          pickings now a days. What is the name and can I find the one
          that controls the trade now?" She waits for response,

            Grosis tries to get up but the man on his waist has a good
          position to stop him.  The slug snarls and tries to flail
          his arms.  Fremea decides to kick the slug in the face for
          not answering.  Immediately a bruise swells on his right
          cheek bone and blood swirls around the bruise head.

            "You winged foul dem-"

            Fremea kicks him again in the temple causing his head to
          rock back and forth.  She will NOT let him call her a demon
          again.  Not without ripping out some eyes and limbs.

            "The slave ring...such harsh words my friend!"  A growl
          this time it seems even without a order form Fremea.  Then
          Grosis nnarls.  "You did this.  After you escaped.  The
          others saw this...failure.  My backers in the city..they
          left me and I was forced underground."  Grosis seems to slur
          a bit of his speech and then turns his head to spit out
          a tooth from Fremea's first kick.

            Fremea kneels down and stares at Grosis waiting for him to
          answer who is in charge now.  She stares at his eyes and
          shows the greatest malice she can.  Arawn may be a great
          help to her calm nature but he can go jump in a hole to
          to the lower world at this point.

            For long moments Grosis seems to weigh his actions.  No
          weapons.  No real hand combat training.  A man at least
          75-100 pounds more muscle than him on his body.  Fremea
          only inches away with a dagger and pure hatred.  He sighs
          and seems to give up.  "Captain Mavac.  He was my man
          in town.  But now he deals with the nobles and rich merchants
          who want the supply of ...bodies."  A bit of courage seems
          to climb.  "You can't stop him.  He is powerful and his friends
          are powerful.  You take one person down 10 others take his
          place."  A growl from the guard.

            "Second question, I already checked your old warehouse, and I
          have your home address. Well, at least one of them, as I am sure
          you have at least two. So, where are you keeping your slave pens/
          housing and where are your records and vault for your stash?"

            Grosis snarls again, "I have no pens you id-."  he stops
          and continues, "The one named Bogan betrayed me.  I had no
          choice but to send him my girls..  The others...the ones
          like you Mavac took.  I believe rumor has it that he dealt
          with a thief.  Why a thief I have no idea.  Now let me up.
          I may not be..as rich as you saw me once.  But I can pay
          you to leave me alone."

            Fremea growls and so does the guard by the mental connection
          between the two.  Fremea slides her dagger alone his left
          unhurt cheek up, down, left and right.  ON the last pass to
          the right she knicks his face drawing a thin line of blood.
          She then makes a diagonal line bisecting that to make a X
          scar o the man's face and knicks it.  Her eyes question
          him again about his home and stash.

            "The home?...hmm...I sold my ..." A growl since the
          guard knows he lost his home for other reasons.  "I
          moved out and took a small place across town.  It is
          cheap and not even worth a beggar to look around."  He
          smiles and looks to Fremea closer.  "Let me up and I
          can take you there.  You..in your...condition might be a bit
          hard to find it without ...trouble.  As to a stash I have
          none I am a poor man now." A very loud growl from the guard.

            Before Fremea can ask more she hears voices behind her some
          distance away.  Sounds like a kid and a female maybe a mother.
          Could they be heading to the park?  Grosis seems to hear this
          and begins to open his mouth to yell.  But Fremea places her
          boot on his neck to strangle his voice.  She orders the guard
          to throw a fierce punch and knock him out.  A second later the
          slug is unconscious.

            Fremea orders the guard to drag the body off the main path
          into the bushes.

            Ahead about half a mile Raban shows the small pond to Camile.
          He feigns sadness that the doves are gone.  Course they were never
          around but he doesn't show it.  Camile smiles and seems to realize
          that she has left her bar a bit too long.  "I enjoyed the small
          walk.  Maybe you can come and sing at the bar?"

            "It would be my honor ma'am."  Raban smiles and does a small
          bow toward her.  All the while he wonders how Fremea is doing.

            Camile notices his distraction.  "I should be going back.
          Sisana would be upset leaving her alone to pour drinks."

            "Fine.  Let me tell you some of the type of songs and dance
          I do at times.."  Raban leads the woman back down the path toward
          where they left earlier.

            Fremea orders the guard to hide himself from view and listens
          for the new comers.  Sure enough a kid around 10 and his mother
          are walking toward the park.  She smiles.  The kid is happy
          and oblivious to schemes and mayhem by slugs like Grosis.  She
          wonders though if he will grow up to be a Mavac or a Ozon or
          or a Grosis.  A bit of sadness comes to her and she looks away
          as she considers her next move.

            "Oh dear!"  The female exclaims making Fremea to turns around.
          The blood on the path?

            "Mom?  What is that?"

            "A very...tall man.  Let's move to the side and hmm..let
          them pass."

            Fremea then realizes it must be Raban coming back down the
          trail some distance away.

          [Time: 9:19:21 am - Samma city, Donara]

                         ------------
          [Kell/Unali's group]
          [Time: 9:27:54 am - Samma city, Donara]

            Bored Kell begins to tell some colorful jokes from Ba'ru to
          get Unali talking.

                                 ---------------

          [Kiet/Z'leyra/Etain's group]
          [Time: 8:58:17 am - Samma city, Donara]

            Z'leyra turns back to Bogan's place a very easy target. Even
          a blind wizard could get inside.  She turns back to Kiet to
          see what he think they should do or just go find his shops
          to find the items he wants.

          [Arawn/Will's group]
          [Time: 10:10:33 am - Samma city, Donara]

            Arawn waits a bit and watches the crowd in the tavern and
          considers waiting for Z'leyra or finding Jordi.