[pnpgm] Game Update #82 - File #306 - Samma Combat Phase 5+

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Thu Apr 10 00:32:57 CEST 2014

   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.J H Hooten........YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   -- Npc...............YY..Etain.............Teacher.Normal/Elf......Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #82 in sequence (file #306)

         From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
           Kiet will let the faery attack, but if any more land or
           try to land, he will cast the dispell.

           After that, move in with the Tulwar and kill him.  We don't
           need prisoners.
         GM: Ack.

         From Unali: [Re: Actions]
           Unali will finish off the last human, then help out Z'leyra
           first if both fights seem balanced. Guessing that Raban has
           a more even fight given his size.

           If Raban is hit hard in the next phase (and grazed already)
           she will help Raban first though.

          [Sepes 29th, 1634TH]
          [Location: City of Samma, Donara]

          [Time: 1:49:13 am - Military Center - Phase 5]

            Korlic  watches the fight down the hall.  His pets seem
          to be clumsy but at least one did hurt the giant.  But
          it is time to end this.  Then find the winged one and see where
          the piece is he is due.

            Korlic waves a hand a flicks a spell down the hall.  He
          murmurs the words quietly in his hidden area.  He knows his
          pets will be protected.

            The spell hits Raban and suddenly his lungs feel thick
          with water or moisture.  Raban suddenly reaches for his
          throat and starts to cough slightly.

            Raban feels himself unable to react as the magic inside
          his lungs causes him to back away toward the wall from the ape.

            Unali sees Raban react unusually and move away from the
          ape.  Even in the almost inky darkness of the hallway she
          can tell something is wrong.  Unali then sees her chance.
          The man is not even a combat vet as he stands like a brawler
          in a bar fight.  She sweeps the left leg sending the man to
          the ground.  Using both daggers she slams the hilts down on the
          man's head knocking him out.

            Ape tries to claw at Z'leyra again but the finger tips only
          miss her by an half inch.

            The other ape charges Raban with his club.  The club hits
          the giant in the left shoulder doing 10 points of damage.

            Z'leyra swings her staff at the ape but the agile beast
          ducks just in time.

            Upstairs Fremea wraps the dagger in a cloth from the desk
          used to blot ink.  She places the dagger in her belt.  She
          grits her teeth knowing a day of reckoning is in order.
          She looks down at Etain who is blinking regaining his lost
          strength.  She will find out how Etain is involved or he
          will die from the blade she just took out.  But for now she
          stands.  With one last look at the window she realizes Varange
          is likely waiting but it may be a test.  Now the foul imp has
          the next piece. She looks again at Etain who waves for her to
          go on and see what is going on.  Etain rolls to his side and
          starts to move as if pushing himself into a sitting position.
          Fremea moves to the door and looks back then moves down
          the hall toward the stairs.

          [Time: 1:49:16 am - Military Center - Phase 6]

            Korlic looks to the female with the helmet on.  He smiles
          knowing what he knows.  It is time to move on and find the
          winged one and find his piece.

            Fremea flies down the hall and down the stirs to the
          first floor.  She rounds the corner to see a few of
          the humans she left earlier on the ground.  In the distance
          it is unclear but two bulking things are fighting what looks
          like Z'leyra and Raban. Pulling her dagger she flies down the
          hall to help her friends.

            Raban slumps to the wall and falls to the ground as he
          continues to choke.  He claws at his chest and throat trying
          to cough up whatever is going on inside him.

            Unali runs down the hall to help what seems to be a down
          giant.  It seems the other ape is being handled by Z'leyra
          as well as can be expected.

            Ape over Raban raises his club and bashes the giant in
          the back doing 5 more points of damage.

            The other ape lunges for Z'leyra but is forced to move
          toward the wall as the dancer side slips from the grapple.

            Z'leyra uses this opportunity to bash the ape in the back
          now that he is not facing her.  She hits the large ape in
          the center of his back doing 9 points of damage with her staff.

                                 -----------------

          [Time: 1:49:43 am - Samma city, Donara]
          [Ozon's Warehouse - Phase 5]

            Arawn positions himself between Will and Kell.  But so
          as to keep an eye on the cage door wit his back to the wall.
          He does a quick survey of the two friends and finds them
          still alive.  A quick glance at their visible area of
          skin shows no wounds.  But Arawn can smell the very faint
          odor on Will's thick leather clothing.  It smells almost like
          poison or leftovers from gas.  So Arawn prepares to negate
          the poison.

            Upstairs Kiet watches as the faerry claw, bash and kick
          the fallen man.  Then he sees the one with the guard's
          own fallen sword stab the man in the chest.  The man clutches
          his chest at the wound.

            Kiet realizes at this rate even with luck the faerry
          will soon kill the man.  Even if the one who just stabbed
          the man was lucky.  He looked more scared and surprised
          he hit the man with the sword than the guard was.

            Kiet glances around and looks for Ozon.  Behind the crates
          and the cages he sees nothing from his vantage point.  He
          guesses the only place he must be is the office to the
          east.

          [Time: 1:49:46 am - Samma city, Donara]
          [Ozon's Warehouse - Phase 6]

            Arawn places his hands on Will and casts the spell to
          negate the poison.

            Upstairs two of the faerry land on the ground and are
          suddenly slammed to it trying to help the other fallen
          faerry.

            The one in the air stabs the man in the stomach and
          this is the final damage to kill the man as he does not
          continue to move.

            Kiet sighs  but move a bit closer.  Time to end his spell
          so he can free the faerry he was here to free.  Irony can
          be funny.  Comes to free the prisoners and they become
          prisoner of his spell.

            Kiet knows the Elder's spell is very sophisticated a bit
          higher in skill than he can simply dispel.  But he does have
          the basic rites and the spell in question to end.  There
          is always a chance it can be stopped. He weaves the words
          in his mind and speaks them out loud.  But a second later
          sees the Faerry still on the ground.

          [Time: 1:49:49 am - Samma city, Donara]
          [Ozon's Warehouse - Phase 7]

            Below Arawn turns to Will and does the same spell to
          neutralize the poison gas.  He casts the spell and watches
          the healing orange energy soak into Kell.

            In the distance though Arawn hear a grunt and a thud as
          if a body just hit the ground.

            Upstairs Kiet tries once more to free the Faerry from
          his tumble spell.  He casts the words and waits.  The
          Faerry lurch up and the fallen ones begin to move again.

            Then Arawn watches as the Faerry lunge on the dead guard.
          Clawing and beating with fists.  But he is drawn away from
          the fight by a faint odor of smoke.  Glancing east he doesn't
          see anything on fire.  If the Thief was to get rid of the
          slaves and any evidence they might as well burn the place
          down.  Kiet moves toward the office to the east which had
          the door closed.

          [Time: 1:49:52 am - Samma city, Donara]
          [Ozon's Warehouse - Phase 8]

            Downstairs Arawn begins to tap both faces of the fallen
          men to wake them up.

            "Where is Garl?"

            "Killing the prisoners."

            Upstairs Kiet retrieves his other javelin and walks toward
          the closed door of the office.  He leans in to hear what
          could be inside.  Sounds like movement.  Sounds like a drawer
          of cabinet or something being open and closed.  Also sounds
          like the crackling of a fire.

          [Time: 1:49:55 am - Samma city, Donara]
          [Ozon's Warehouse - Phase 9]

            "What the-"

            Arawn looks up to see two of the other guards looking at
          the one Arawn took down.

            The two men draw their swords and move forward toward
          the cage with the door open.  Arawn still invisible only
          has a limited area of movement in the cage maybe 6 by
          6 feet.

            Upstairs Kiet quickly opens the door to the office.
          Just as two daggers fly toward Kiet's face.

            But if Kiet learns one thing form his new friends it
          is from Unali that one should never just open a door
          and rush in.  Course Farseeker does that but Unali
          says its dangerous.  Kiet was half expecting something
          so raises his shield.  The dagger hit the shield and
          slides off.  The other hits the wall nearby and sticks
          there.

            To the left side out of the corner of his eye Kiet
          can see the faerry flying about like dragonflies eager
          for action and moving his way.

            Kiet can see Ozon behind a desk.  On the desk is a
          wicker basket full of scrolls and papers.  The wicker
          is on fire and about to engulf the bulk of the paperwork.

            Ozon turns around and doesn't even hesitates.  With
          a bag on his back he lunges face forward out the window.
          Out of the second floor window toward what should be
          the wagon below or the ground.

          [Current Time]
          [Time: 1:49:16 am - Military Center - Phase 6]
          [Time: 1:49:52 am - Samma city, Donara]

          Actions? Comments?

          Next Update....Monday...

          GM: A good place to stop for now.  I did a bit more than
              2 phases for Arawn/Kiet.  Just to move things a bit
              further.  Sorry for no update Monday.  I was helping
              my nephew with his first GM session.  Most of us start
              in our teens but at 22 this is his first GM of Pathfinder.
              So wanted to help out and give suggestions so was
              busy with that Monday.  Since this is mid week I'll just
              consider this the Friday update.  So have till Monday.

          GM: Arawn - On map Guard 1/3 are just outside cage.  Only
                about 35-40 feet away.  You are on the back wall with
                back to it. Will/Kell are still asleep but cured for
                now you believe.  You don't see the bouncer so can only
                assume he is killed since #1/3 are now here.  Guard
                #4 is not seen at this angle (your kneeling on ground
                so can't see above crates/etc.).  You are down to 18
                and 22 mana left (22 for wand).  So you are down to 40
                mana for the day (till sunrise).

              Kiet you are in the door of office.  The window is due
                south of you in front 50 feet away.  The desk
                with burning basic is to your right and front.
                The window is open.  Ozon is gone now.    Minor
                correction on mana report.  Numbers were off.  You
                have a bit more mana than previous.  Now have 21
                without wand and 29 from wand can use so 50 mana
                can still spend (a boost of 10).

              Unali/Z'leyra only 2 Apes left nothing else in
                hallway.  Since Raban is down and seemingly hurt
                will assume Unali comes to help him.

              Fremea - You are about 90-95 feet away from Unali
                and the apes.  So will take a couple phases to
                get there.

          GM: Mana report updated with mana/experience.

          GM: Spells active
                Arawn  -  Invisibility  Ends 1:52:11

          GM: Groups -

              Warehouse of Ozon   - Arawn, Kiet, Will, Kell
              Military Center     - Fremea, Corona, Raban, Jordi, Unali
                                    and Z'leyra, Etain
          GM: Maps

    * Military Center / Admin Offices/Community Park

      /I\ - North (top/up) (all maps)

      Scale 1 Row    = 100 feet
            1 Column \  50 feet

               1         2         3         4         5
      12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
     A                                                 %
     B  %%%%%            Open Field                  %%%
     C      %%                                    %%%%%
     D      %%                                  %%
     E   D  %%     __________\___________     %%%%
     F   e  %%     I                    I     %
     G   n   %     I X<- Party combat   I     %   D
     H   s   %     I                    I     %   e
     I   e   %     I      Military      I     %   n W
     J       %     /                    /     %   s o
     K   w   %     I      Center        I     %   e o
     L   o   %     I      2 stories     I     %     d
     M   o   %     I                    I     %     s
     n   d  %%     I                    I     %
     O   s %%%     I_________/\_________I     %%%%%%
     P %%%%%%                                    %%%%%%
     Q                       ,,,                   %%%%
     R                       (*)                    %%%
     S                                   Road to  #####
     T                                    city -> #####
     U                   Open Field
     Y--------------------------------------------------
               1         2         3         4         5
      12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890

     Legend
     %    - Trees
     / /\ - Doors
     (*)  - Fountain
     ,,,  - Flagpole/Monument
     ###  - Road east toward city
     X    - Spot generally of combat

    The building is about 1000 feet by 1000 feet both floors.
    The fields go north and south half a mile for fun and
    parties.  No trees no bushes just flat open field.  This
    is a recon based on Unali's and Fremea's aerial view.

         * Ozon's warehouse

    Scale 1 Row    - 50 feet
          1 Column - 50 feet

              1        2
     123456789012345679012
    B     ]  I     I
    C  1  ]  I     I ____
    D     ]  I  S  I [
    E_____]  I  t  I [ X
    F        I  r  I [
    G______  I  e  I [___
    H     I  I  e  I
    I     I  I  t  I
    J  2  I  I     I ____
    K     I  I     I I
    L     I  I     I I 3
    M     I  I     I I

     1, 2, 3 - Dark warehouses
     X - Ozon's two story warehouse
     1, 2 - 1 story
     3 - 2 stories

     The street is dotted by many other dark warehouses.
     Ozon's seems to be the only one occupied.

     * Ozon'a warehouse

       Scale - 1 Row    = 10 feet  300' x 200'
               1 Column = 10 feet

         First floor
                     1         2         3
            123456789012345678901234567890
            ______________________________
            I @@@@@@    o o o o ,,,    ooI A   / - Door
            I @*  *@                    oI B   , - Stairs up
            I @    @                    oI C   @ - Table/work area
            I           ##  ##  ##  ##   I D   : - Wooden cage
            /           ##  ##  ##  ##   / E   * - Chair
            I           ##  ##  ##  ##   I F   # - Crates
            I           13               I G   o - Barrels
            I      ____   ____   ____    I H   $ - Wagon/horses
            I      :  :   :KW:   :  :    I I   1-4 Thugs
            I______:__:___:_A:___:__:____I J
                                               K, W - Kell, Will
                                 $$$
                                 $$$           G-gatekeeper/bouncer

        A - Arawn [J17]
        1, 3, 4 - Guards
        [4 is not on map as does not see him now]
        2 - Dead, off map  [Spot would be H16]

         Second floor
                     1         2         3
            123456789012345678901234567890
            ______________________________
            I  _____   o o o    ,,,      I A   , - Stairs down
            I  :  f:                     I B   / - Door
            I  :___ 5  @@@  FF F         I C   * - Chair
            I  :   :   @@@   F F         I D   # - Desk/table
            I  :___:             ____K___I E   @ - Crates
            I  :   :             I *     I F   o - Barrels
            I  :   :             I     * I G   : - Metal cages
            I  : _ :             I###    I H
            I                    I *#  * I I   F - Faerry
            I____________________I_______I J

            f - Dead faerry [1 inside cage]
            6 - Off map, dead
            5 - Dead, in front of cage
            K - Kiet [E6]
            F - Free faerry

   * Military Center hallway section

                            Room of
                             light
       ________/_______________/__________________
/  \__I  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/A  / - Door
\__/  I__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/ F\B  _ - Wall
/  \__I  \__/  BZ_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/C  I - Wall
\__/  IR_/  \__/  U__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \D
/  \__IA \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/E  /I\ - North
\__/  I__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \F  1 Hex = 10 feet
/  \__I  \__/ ________________/__________________G  1 Row - 5 feet
       I       I                                     1 Column  - 5 feet
          1         2         3         4         5
12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890

     Light shines from door on column 30  Shines in a cone arc
     toward the south up to about column 24 and 36.  So all
     humans are in the light but Fremea is not.

     R - Raban      [D8 ]      1-5 - Male Humans
     Z - Z'leyra    [C17]        1 - Off map, Knocked out
     U - Unali      [B30]        2 - Off map, Dead
     A - Great Ape  [E9 ]        3 - Off Map, Dead
     B - Great Ape  [C16]        5 - Off Map, Dead
     F - Fremea     [E8 ]

    As always use website if maps mess up or ask.

  Map Updates:
    1 -Warehouse 1st/2nd floors - position updates
    2 -Military center hallway  - position update