[pnpgm] Game Update #52 - File #208 - Jasnor Gorlic

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue Oct 8 01:50:19 CEST 2013

   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.J H Hooten........YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
     .NPC...............YY..Niko..............Bearer..Normal/Human  ..Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #52 in sequence (file #208)

         From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
           "We'll, I could handle most of this the way I did the...
         GM: Ack.

         From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
           "A fight like this will soon attract the guards and ....

          [Sepes 28th, 1634TH]
          [Location: City of Salaqara, Donara]

          [Time: 5:55pm - South Salaqara - Sick Oyster]

            Kiet listens to the fight inside.  Such cliche thing to
          have a bar fight this time of day.  Almost like a 10 brass
          bit book tries to talk about.  Then he figures out a quick
          plan for the situation.

            "We'll, I could handle most of this the way I did the
          sailors at the admirals.  It might miss a few of the corners.
          Or I could walk in there looking like a demon, and then be
          joined by one or two other demons..."  Kiet makes it clear
          these would not be real, and that Z'leyra's necklace would
          hinder both.

            "Either you could join me as demons inside or I could make
          some fakes."

            Z'leyra looks around the area.  This may be a street with
          light traffic but eventually a patrol will be nearby.  "A fight
          like this will soon attract the guards and we don't know what he
          looks like or which side Jasnor Gorlic is on. Getting involved
          in the fight would lead to complications we don't need and might
          anger him and others. I say we wait across the street and wait
          for a more opportune moment." Z'leyra says to her companions.

            Corona stares up and down the street sitting on the roof of
          the odd looking Sick Oyster.

            Unali looks at Fremea for direction but personally doesn't
          mind busting some heads if needed or waiting.  She hasn't
          trailed a person in some time.

            Etain stares at the still swinging doors to the hall.  He
          listens to the fight.  Why do humans just can't get along.
          He has been in bars where a sailor will simply argue over
          a drop of spilled ale and turn into a fight.  Such useless
          arguments.  Distracted by the nonsense the Elf does not hear
          Kiet's words.  But he does notice Arawn inching a bit further.
          What is the Alfar planning to do?  Something great it must be.
          Course these are humans they don't suddenly just obey Elves
          without great cause unlike other Elves to Alfar.

            Fremea likes Kiet's plan all she had to do was fly in and
          no need to use an illusion.  But it could get the son hurt.
          There is a point to waiting like the Healer says but it could
          also get him hurt.  But it is best to wait and let the fight
          die down.  Even drunks need to take a break.  If it was a life
          or death fight the son would be dead by now.  If just something
          over some coins then he should be relatively safe.

            Fremea waves for the group to move across the street.  But Arawn
          is getting closer to the door.

            The Alfar begins to speak a few words that Etain and Fremea
          recognizes as his parent's language.  He begins to gesture with
          his right hand and stops just outside the half-door.

            Casting the spell a loud ear piercing Howl spills out of his
          mouth flowing inside the hall.  Those inside feel the loud
          noise-shout in their bones.  Suddenly the mass stops in mid
          fist swing or chair bash.  A mug hits the ground near the bar
          is the only thing that is heard after the few seconds of the noise.
          The mob looks to the door to the stranger.  Then it begins to
          sink in and at least 8 of the men just back up and away from
          the tables.  They look around a bit dazed but clearly scared.
          Arawn is at the only entrance they look around for another way out.
          There are only windows, a door behind the bar and a door to the
          stairs.  Four of the men rush up the stairs which leads toward
          the apartment upstairs.  Two of the men move toward the stairs
          and finds a side hallway to it and runs out the back door.

            Arawn steps inside the flapping doors.  In a very stern voice
          Arawn tells everyone to settle down.  He did it with the Howl
          but it was a bit startling to understand.

            A man drops a broken glass to the ground.  Another man pushes
          another man and Arawn realizes the fight may begin again.  But
          this time the barkeep rushes out with a large metal stick and
          waves it around.  "Get out!  Now!  First pay me and leave."

            Arawn waves a hand for the group to remain in place.

            Etain steps to the threshold.  "Looking for someone.  Then
          you can get back to your fight.  Jasnor?"

            Three of the men point to a man toward the rear.  The man
          around 35 or so is 6'1 and around 210 pounds.  He is wearing
          a light tan pants with white shirt and blue vest.  If anything
          he is quite colorful.  Most others have gray and white drags
          like most peasants or hard working sailors.

            Fremea sighs and waves the group inside.

            Jasnor looks a bit surprised at the mention of his name.  But
          then looks down to his vest and then around.  "Okay.  Who was
          the guy?"

            Etain approaches and asks again, "Captain Jasnor Gorlic?"

            "Yes.  What of it."  He wipes his hand over his left sleeve
          from some ale that got there somehow.

            "I'm afraid-" Etain begins but then suddenly the Captain bolts
          left.

            At the same time Fremea is more observant.  While everyone else
          is looking at Arawn or Etain including the barkeep she notices
          a single man at a table sitting staring at the window.  A bit
          odd for a person to do that in a bar fight.

            Jasnor rushes the table of the sitting man.  "Where is it?"

            The man seems to not listen or hear.  Jasnor reaches down and
          shakes the man's tunic and then flicks his ear.  The man looks
          up and gently smiles.  "Yes?"

            "You took it.  Now hand it over or I'll slice you in two."
          Jasnor pulls his sword from his sheath.

            "What over?"  The man seems a bit oblivious.

            "You walked over during our game over there.  Put a ale
          down on the table and then yanked my necklace."  Jasnor
          gestures to his vest.

            "Necklace?  Hrmm?"  The man almost seems drugged or a bit
          drunk.

            Jasnor raises his sword.  He would get away killing this
          man due to his station.  But a woman stops him. "Wait!  I
          saw the whole thing."

            The party turns to a cute girl dressed like a barmaid.  Where
          die she come from?  Maybe hiding behind the bar.

            "He snatched your thing then simply moved over here and sat
          down.  He then placed it on the table..."  She points to the
          table which has a candle and a half drunk mug of beer.

            Jasnor looks under the table then back on top.  "So where
          is it?"  He slaps the man hard knocking the man out of his
          seat.  Jasnor pulls the man up to his feet.  He pulls back
          for another slap and Arawn almost gets there to stop him but
          the female continues which stops both.

            "It...it..well..it ..he ..placed it on this coin and it ...
          just ..disappared."  The female speaks weakly.

            Jasnor drops the man to turn around at the female.  By now
          some of the men are starting to leave since the entrance is
          no longer blocked.  "What?"

            "It is true sir.  It was there then I blinked and gone."

            Jasnor looks at the man and then the woman.  Then toward
          the barkeep. "Your staff is an idiot.  I'll get to the bottom
          of this and see you all arrested!"

            Jasnor turns to the dazed man.  "Where is it?  Tell me now
          or you'll have new holes in you."  He raises his sword.

            Etain speaks a bit low, "Captain.  This is important.  What
          are you missing?"  Arawn stares at the Elf.  Why won't he
          tell him about his dad?

            Frustrated the captain looks over his shoulder.  "A family
          heirloom.  My dad will kill me for not getting it back.  I
          just got it recently given to me."

            Etain, Fremea and Arawn realize then the man fully grown
          shows sign of being a 10 year old boy again.  Fear of his
          dad and of shame.

            Etain approaches and places a hand on his shoulder.  "I'm
          sorry.  I have some bad news.  There was an attack at your
          father's estate."

            Jasnor turns quickly pushing the dazed man back.  "What?"

            "We were sent here to fetch you.  Your father was attacked
          personally.  Looks like he had a heart attack.  I'm sorry
          he is dead."  Etain looks sorrowful and Arawn cringes.  It
          could've been worded better but sometimes the truth flat
          out is always best.

            Jasnor lowers his sword.  "Dead?"

            That is when two other men approach from another table.
          "It could be a Donaran plot.  We should get to the yard."
          One says.

            "No you idiot!  We should let him see his dad."  the other
          says.  Clearly friends of Jasnor.

            Etain asks, "this heirloom what did it look like and what
          was it about?"

            Dazed Jasnor looks around and sheathes his sword.  "Well
          a thin metal rod.  Dad said it connected something to
          another piece but never told me.  Was about this long."
          He shows with his hand about the width of an adult male's
          middle finger.  "I don't know.  He just was going to tell
          me the story soon.  But I gathered it was important.  Said
          after my last battle at Junistan I earned it.  He was
          grooming me for his job but I rather do this."  He waves
          at the table of coins and cards.  "I need to go home."

            Jasnor stops and shakes his head. "No the piece."  He
          recalls what he was doing and moves toward the dazed man.

            Arawn asks the dazed man about the reason he took it.

            "Took what?  Hrmmm?"

            Jasnor yells, "my necklace!"

            "Hrmmm? Why would I do that?"

            This goes round and round a few more times.  It is asked
          about the reason which leads to what necklace which leads
          to why take it and round and round.

            Etain turns to Jasnor, "we can help locate the object
          and return it. You should go to the estate."

            Jasnor then pushes the man to the wall and searches
          him up and down.  He finds a key to his home he says
          and then a couple of gold coins and some copper.  Jasnor
          asks about the gold which is not so common to such customers
          here.

            "Hrmm?  I have gold?  Drinks are on me!"  Which causes the
          crowd to laugh and cheer.  The barkeep shrugs and berates
          a man who broke a chair for his coins.

            Disgusted Jasnor tosses the coins to the ground and is
          clearly torn from tearing the man apart and getting to his
          father.  That's when his friends come over and helps him move
          toward the door.

            At the door Jasnor glares at everyone.  "If I don't get the
          item back TONIGHT! I will come back and see this place razed
          to the ground and everyone here hunted down!"

            The party knows this is mostly anger but who knows he could
          get his sailors to do just what he says.

            Etain approaches Fremea and whispers.  "Clever thief or whoever
          is behind this.  Probably paid the guy off and then uses his
          teleport coin thing to get the object away  I'm sorry we were
          too late.  We should move on before guards do get here.  We
          should pinpoint on the painting and get an idea where the
          second piece is before it is too late."

          Actions? Comments?

          Next Update....Monday...

          GM: Had 3 different actions and suggestions.  Nothing
              definite action wise so went with Arawn's email.  I
              did talk to Tobie so used what he told me as well.
              So it worked out I think.  Let me know if anything to
              do here before Ifs move on.  Since it is late it may
              be time for dinner and hotel if needed.  You guys
              can plan for this event and after if needed.

          GM: Sick Oyster Hall -
                Arawn, Fremea, Kiet, Unali, Z'leyra, Corona, Etain
              Hopefully at Inn -
                Kell, Raban, Will/Wolf, Niko

          GM: Will update mana report for next update.