[pnpgm] Game Update #6 - File #35 - Caladan's IBT

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue Jan 22 08:13:03 CET 2013

   HT Aliaver/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
   W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
   W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
   --.Floyd Mesler..........Jordan Malic......Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
   R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
   R1.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
   R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
   W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
   W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
   R1 John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar,

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #6 in sequence (file #35)

      Admin Notes: May notice the roster getting smaller.  I will remove
      folks once their IBT is over (NPCs) who will not be in next adventure.

        [None]

          [Augado 12th, 1634TH]
          [Location: Sivas, Marentia]
          [          Chion's home]

          [Time: 6:38am - Sivas, Marentia]

            Chion announces that is time to move to the Dark Lands.  This
          is mainly to help Zhou with any possible quick funeral rites
          that may be needed.  Some prefer same day burial but Chion
          knows he is only human and can only do so much with his
          use of recent magic.

            Farseeker, Will and Caladan are still at the tavern tables
          passed out from the drinking.  Some like Z'leyra never seen
          Farseeker drink so much before but with all that has happened
          and all that he killed it is a way to forget or celebrate.

            Cholan brings warm tea and warm bread from a nearby market
          at the first sign of the sun.  The wind storm has finally
          died down.  The group quickly takes in this quick bit of
          food to break their fast.

            Chion gathers Luvac, Arawn, Kell, Kiet, Strie'bog, Ben'dar,
          Unali and Z'leyra.  Then Zhou's body is gently placed in the
          center of the group outside behind the tavern for their
          teleport.  Ben'dar's head is spinning about having drunk a lot
          as well and gambled with Kell.  But a Zen'da warrior can
          get drunk and ride a horse in battle with ease.  At least
          that is what Caladan's father Ga'sha Gib'borah says.

            Once the sun is up Chino raises Gnarish staff and casts
          the teleport spell.  A few seconds later the group teleports
          a thousand odd miles away on the Zen'da plains next to Caladan's
          tribe.

            Chion knows it would be rude to not spend some time here.
          The village is already awake and busy for the day's activities.
          Cetric and Gib'borah find the group and welcome new and old
          alike.  Chion whispers to Cetric for some time and Gib'borah
          introduces everyone to most of the important folks of the
          tribe.  Cetric who resurrected Caladan just months ago inspects
          Zhou's body and does a few shamanic rites for his soul. then
          both Cetric and his new shamanic trainee Chion whisper some
          more time.

            Then about 25 minutes later the group goes back to the pre-made
          teleport circle north of the village.  IT is a point the group
          and especially Chion can use when teleporting.  A place that will
          never be used or entered by the village for safety of any that
          may teleport here.

            Chion does a direct jump to the teleport building in the High
          Elder's Citadel.  Unlike the plain circle this was a building
          made especially for teleports of visitors to the citadel.  Those
          wizards who use such spells to move around.  The small single
          room structure is guarded in case of threats but the Thalos
          Field, the same energy field that blocked the Brain, prevents
          open teleports inside the building.  In essence a teleport
          could go anywhere in the Citadel but doing so would only
          anger the Elder and that might not be wise.  Open teleports
          are allowed from 7-8am for anyone.  In this case Luvac knew
          the Diviner would see their return and reserve this day and
          hour for their trip so it would be safe to use.

            In fact once the group arrives inside the magical circle
          Oby Wan is there standing stone faced.  He bows and frowns
          at the sight of Zhou.  "I was hoping this was a vision she
          was wrong."  Oby orders two guards to take the body away
          for now.

            Luvac bows and quickly whispers a few things to Oby then
          leaves the room.  Oby then directs the group outside.  "I
          am afraid the High Elder is not here.  There was a ...
          situation to the north that needed some attention of
          his.  He bids you welcome and your stay will be with
          full priviledges.  He bestows his great gratitude for
          your success in Katai and wishes he could be here to
          personally shake each hand.  But duties do take him
          away."

            Kiet crosses his arms and frowns.  He had a few choice words
          that he probably would not have dared say publicaly but at least
          it would have been nice to think in his presence.

            Chion explains he will be here only a day.  Some will stay
          like Arawn but others will return with him when he returns in
          a few days.

            Luvac disappears.  Chion, Oby and Zhou are taken inside
          Ki'ama's personal manor.  Kell and Kiet split off for their
          own tasks.  Z'leyra finds Corona and looks around in the
          nearby market.  Strie'bog and Ben'dar visit the ground
          and the nearby park to watch magic demonstrations.  Unali
          speaks to Oby and then leaves on her own errands.

            Arawn is disappointed the Elder is not here but finds
          a few things to occupy his time.

          [Augado 13th, 1634TH]
          [Location: Dark Lands, High Elder's Citadel]

          [Time: 6:50am]

            Oby sent word that the group should meet up for Chion's
          departure in case any last minute questions or tasks
          are to be done.

            The group reforms in front of the building and talk
          about the previous day's activities.  Ben'dar was
          fascinated by a wizard who could shape metal with his
          hands without touching it but with only magic.

            Facing the building the group do not notice Oby and
          Chion approach.  Both men move to the front of the party.
          chion calls for Ben'dar, Strie'bog, Kiet and Z'leyra
          to return with him. But before the group can enter
          the building the door opens.  A man appears in the
          threshold.  The sun is still low so he is only seen
          with a shadow.  A raspy voice is heard.  "Leaving
          before I can thank you?"

            The man steps out of the shadow and the group all but
          Chion and Oby give light gasps.  Arawn is the first and
          moves forward to give Zhou a warm hug.

            "Sorry I couldn't get hopes up.  Though Cetric is better
          than I in this I learned this past summer his skills and
          can now do the same."  Chion grins and looks at Zhou.

            Zhou slaps Arawn's shoulder and then moves to shake
          Z'leyra and other hands of the group.  "This brave
          Shaman gave me his one and only Preservation Stone.  It
          was made in case he died.  but he used it on me. It
          was able to preserve me and then last night he worked
          his magic and saved me."

            Chion then adds, "like Caladan there is drawbacks.
          His right leg has a limp now and he may not be as
          strong as was but for the most part he is back."

            Zhou turns and grins at Kiet.  "My bodyguard!
          My servant. Why are my boots dirty?" he gives
          the acrobat a hug.  "Do not feel bad.  I was told
          I saved the girl.  That was my choice.  You did
          me a great service in your help and your protection.
          I do appreciate it."  He turns toward the others.
          Then back to Kiet.  "Did you bring all my bags?"
          then winks and turns to face Unali.

            Zhou finishes with Unali and grasps both of her
          gloves hands.  He smiles and his eyes twinkle. "You
          did a great job with this group.  You saved Katai
          and for the sake of millions the entire world.  I am
          not as wealthy or worldly as the High Elder but I would
          offer anything I have to give thanks if you need it."

            The group then enters to teleport away.  Those who
          stay are set up with rooms in the Citadel Tavern for
          free if needed.  So that would be Kell, Unali and Arawn.

            The group teleports the Vassa forest some hundreds of
          miles to the west.  Home to Strie'bog's village and
          the Sacred Forest where his mother the Green Lady is
          there  Before entering the magical field that protects
          the field Kiet pulls the group to a halt then pulls
          out a round object from his pocket.

            Kiet approaches Ben'dar.  He knows the barbarian will
          return with Pasha in a few days back to Marentia.  But
          for now he wishes to do this now.

            "Ben'dar, you have been kind to me in the past and I thought
          you might like this.  If you place this token on some rocks, or
          a pile of dirt or anything, and say the Katai word for 'apple',
          this token will, once a day, magically create delicious apples
          (2FP worth!) that you might give your horse, Tef'wo.  And
          Tef'wo's mate.  I noticed in the past that you went out of
          your way to get apples for your mount."

            "I hope that you will be happy with your ranch and new life.
          May the blessings of whatever gods a barbarian like you may
          believe in be with you."  Kiet's smile grows big when calling
          him a barbarian, so the jest is clear.

            Ben'dar is standing in his full dress clothing. His
          wolf headdress and dragon teeth necklace.  He wants to
          be good looking for Pasha.  He looks down at the acrobat
          and a slight tear comes to his eye. He turns to shift
          his wolf headdress and with great subtleness wipes his
          brow.  He turns back and grins.  "I am honored.  Of all
          the gifts I've obtained and rewards this means the most.
          It is one thing to get something from a stranger but one
          who is a brave companion like yourself means more.  We
          are very much alike.  I was rescued by the party and
          you were sort of the same back at the Citadel from that
          nasty snake.  I feel a kinship to you as much as I would
          Caladan.  I am grateful for this gift and wish you to
          visit the ranch in your off time doing great acrobatic
          feats for people."  He hugs the acrobat and notices the
          others watches so becomes serious again and moves to find
          Pasha.

            Miklav greets the party again since it has been months.
          Chion explains the group can stay a couple hours then the
          teleport back home will come.  Strie'bog rushes to find
          his mother.  Ben'dar finds Pasha and finds a very secluded
          set of bushes.

            Kiet and Z'leyra watch the village in their tasks and
          let Corona fly in the trees.

            Then the small group meets up again.  Chion, Kiet,
          Z'leyra and Corona teleport back to the Plains Circle
          again.  Chion gives news that Zhou is alive and well
          to Cetric.  Thanks to his training.

            Then the three teleport back to Sivas.

          [Augado 18th, 1634TH]
          [Location: Sivas, Marentia]

            At sunrise Chion teleports back to the Plains Circle.

            Then he teleports directly to the Dark Lands Teleport
          Building.  There he picks up Kell and Unali.  It seems
          the High Elder is still not there but Oby gives his regrets.

            The trio then teleports to Pavassa forest to pick up
          Ben'dar.  But Pasha wishes to join Ben'dar and go to
          his ranch.  Ben'dar is all smiles at this point and glowing
          a bit brighter as if rested for years or just enjoyed himself.

            The five are then teleported to the Plains Circle again.
          then a final teleport back to Sivas for the group.

            By this day all but Arawn is in Marentia.

                                     -----------

          [Augado 11th - Sepes 24th, 1634TH]
          [Location: Marentia (Maren)]

          [Aug 12 - Aug 15]

            Caladan bids farewell to those who are leaving or moving
          on.  He lets folks know he is heading toward his cabin in
          the woods north of Maren.  Ben'dar and Xian knows the place
          if they need him.

            He has the option to sail across to the capital.  But he
          decides a leisurely ride would be better to get back to
          some solitude.  The road is very safe being one of the biggest
          in the province.

            He has been worried for some time for Xian. Leaving
          the group was not a easy thing.  But there was a glint
          in his eye after Timon's death.  Then the whispers that
          came after thanks to the vampire Ezam.

            Unlike most in the group who wish to make money or
          items both wizards are very much alike in giving back
          to the community as best they can.  Before he left Duke
          Aren had mentioned that the Palace Minister of Security
          wanted a place to practice skills his men may need without
          prying eyes.  Caladan had offered his lands which were
          only a few acres but very secluded.  Unlike his Master
          Caladan didn't have the skills to place enchantments
          all over the valley but he could at least fix it so
          it would be private.  Caladan plans to maybe join in
          to see if he can improve his own skills of intrigue.

          [Aug 15 - Aug 20]

            Caladan spends these days practicing his shape changing
          spell.  He rarely uses this power but makes him more
          tuned into nature by doing so.  He has sent by now a messenger
          bird to alert his Master of the High Elder's invitation and
          awaits his reply.

            Caladan changes into a raven, eagle and wolf to fly or
          explore the mountains.  Only one day did he have a
          encounter with a mountain lion as a wolf and just escaped
          long enough to avoid bloodshed.

          [Aug 21 - Aug 26]

            Back at the cabin Caladan practices his Sleep Mist
          spell on some animals in the area.  He improves his
          overall skill and grows in power by the end of the
          period.

          [Aug 26 - Aug 31]

            Since he returned to the cable he has allows the
          Palace Chief to use his land.  With no ill will or
          bad encounters.  The dozen or so men and women are
          required to wear masks to not reveal they are.

            For the last few weeks he has off and on joined in
          their lessons of intrigue.  He has no goal to be like
          a spy like Suresh or even as skilled in Intrigue as
          Unali but he has no desire to do much these days.

            For two days he and the Chief use his own cabin as
          center of these exercises.  In one he and the Chief
          whisper and the agents try to learn their plans from
          the outside.  Sometimes they have a fake party and try
          to solve a murder mystery or find the thief who stole
          a vital document.

            Caladan has fun doing these things and almost feels
          like Suresh.  But his goal is not to continue this
          as a career so he goes to more interesting things.

          [Sepes 1 - Sepes 6]

            The first sign of a cool fall brings a burst of
          refreshing breezes.  For these few days he decides
          only to practice his lightning spell and improves
          his overall skill in it

          [Sepes 7 - Sepes 12]

            For weeks Caladan has been studying the Fire Tome
          given by the High Elder.  He finds many of the spells
          to be a bit too much for a Law wizard like him.  The
          Fire Lake can set a body of water on fire and destroy
          a major area.  The variants in the Fire Wall he does
          find interesting and considers them for the future.

            For this period of time though he decides to practice
          his thunderhead spell.  Creating small storms in the
          valley.  Now that the spy group is gone he can do more
          fun things without harming them.  So he creates at
          least 10 storms during this period to improve his skill.

            Ben'dar visits one day unexpectedly right in the middle
          of such a storm.  When a lightning bolt is drawn down
          from Caladan's hand the barbarian is almost hit by
          a falling tree from the blast.  But Tef'wo saves him
          not before Ben'dar gives the wizard a few choice words
          in the Zen'dan language which Caladan already knows enough
          not to irritate him further.  After some time for Ben'dar
          to dry off both enjoy a quiet meal in his cabin.

            Ben'dar advises him that Xian was seen in a distant
          village to the west near the river.  Caladan takes the
          information and considers following up on it.  Caladan
          asks about the Varo Scroll given by the High Elder but
          the horse rancher remains silent on that score.

          [Sepes 13 - Sepes 18]

            Over the last few weeks Caladan has visited the Maren
          orphanage on the outskirts of Maren.  Xian has been
          good to the children by buying them enough supplies for
          them to last a year or two.  In fact the spill over
          by the pay out goes to other orphanages in the area.
          This allows the children better health and education
          so they can be adopted faster.  Which many are over
          the year or so patroned by Xian and Caladan.

            After visiting the leader of the orphanage
          a old women named Surik they try to discover
          why Xian visited the distant village.  But they
          can not find any details.

            So Caladan sets out to visit this village.  For
          these days he practices his Wind spell.  Ever since
          the balcony fight on Rising Mount he figures such
          practice could not hurt since it was used there for
          good measure.

          [Sepes 19 - Sepes 24]

            Caladan reaches the village with good time thanks
          to the good nature of peasants who know the land
          well.  Caladan spends these days investigating the
          town and where Xian may be.  The single tavern did
          see him a few days and he seemed to be different bst
          the barkeep only met him a dozen or so times over
          the last month or so.  But the trial where Xian
          went goes cold.

          Actions? Comments?

          Next Update....Monday...

          GM: A small update but with some new info on the future.  I
              figure time to reveal some info on Zhou. :)  If I'm done
              with Unali's IBT and it gets approved by Monday I'll
              post her IBT results in next update.  If not then will
              post Strie'bog's.  A quick version of Caladan's IBT
              was posted above.  A very simple time spent.

          GM: Language file updated on website [link].
              Unali did Cerulean and Ba'ru using the necklace. Z'leyra
              will leave the necklace at Cholan's Tavern or her manor
              which is in Sivas for anyone to use.  At this point 8
              slots of the 45 have been used up to Aug 18.  Malic
              learns to speak Marentian by Aug 16.

          GM: Each adventure I've tried to make things tougher.  With
              people getting AV9 armors and super doper items the
              bad guys HAVE to be balanced.  I am a strong believer
              in balance.  If the party was full of Raban characters
              fighting dwarves would be highly unfair.  But a party
              of Raban's fighting hill giants might be fair.  So
              keep this in mind each new toy or item one makes
              me make tougher bad guys to balance.  Like with Raban
              who almost died this last adventure death chances are
              higher now.  One new rule is with armor.  Now I just
              use the basic AV damage to destroy armor.  So enough
              damage then -AV leading to it destroyed.  I will change
              that to a DR factor for armor so its reduced in pieces
              over time and DR will turn to AV loses.

          GM: After a decade doing this game I'm considering some
              slight changes.  I'm still old fashioned and prefer
              simple things to flash of say Windows.  When I
              started this I used DOS - heck I still do since its
              far faster than windows.  Based on that I still
              do updates in a FAST text editor using the old
              80 columns.  Of course in today's world with email
              and web lines are bigger than 80 now.  So I may
              reformat the updates to fit this new size.  I'm
              still not sure as this format is sitll easier to
              read to me.  But we shall see.  I will experiment
              on this once the adventure actually starts.

          GM: Kiet - Will remove your apple token from your sheet.
              Nice show of team work and sharing.  Just like Z'leyra
              and others who have shared over the years.

          GM: IBT Time -
              Augado             11-31 - IBT time period [21 days]
              Sepes [September]  1-24  - IBT time period [24 days]

              Reminder: Learning skill is 1 point per day, learning
              with trainer is 2 and with a book and teacher is 3.

          GM: IBT Travel: [Reminder for me mainly]

              Aug 12 - Sunrise TP to Dark Lands
                       Chion, Luvac, Zhou, Arawn, Kell, Kiet,
                       Strie'bog, Ben'dar, Unali. Z'leyra

              Aug 13 - Sunrise TP to Vassa Forest
                       Chion, Ben'dar, Strie'bog, Kiet, Z'leyra

                       TP To Zen'da - Chion, Kiet, Z'leyra
                       TP to Sivas  - Chion, Kiet, Z'leyra

              Aug 18 - Sunrise TP to Zen'da camp - Chion
                       TP to Dark Lands  Chion

                       TP back to Pavassa forest -
                       Chion, Kell, Unali.

                       TP to Zen'da Camp
                       Chion, Kell, Unali. Ben'dar, Pasha?

                       TP to Maren
                       Chion, Kell, Unali. Ben'dar, Pasha?

                       TP To Sivas
                       Chion, Kell, Unali

                       TP to Ba'ru
                       Chion, Kell

          GM: CP/IBT Report

                Player       CP Action    IBT Action    Notes
              Arawn          Completed      No Info
              Ben'dar        Completed      Completed
              Caladan        Completed      Completed
              Chion          Completed      No Info
              Farseeker      Completed      No Info
              Fremea         Completed      Queued
              Kell           Completed      No Info
              Kiet           Completed      Queued
              Malic              ---        Queued
              Raban          Completed      No Info
              Strie'bog      Completed      No Info
              Unali          Completed      Queued
              Will           Need Info      No Info
              Z'leyra        Completed      No Info

              Completed - Finished
              Queued    - Has info/Work in progress in order of when got it
              No Info   - No info / Need data

          GM: My immediate schedule: [in order of tasks]

              1. Unali's IBT   [90% done]
              2. Kiet's IBT    [In Queue to start next]
              3. Fremea's IBT  [In Queue]
              4. Malic's IBT   [Rough draft, In Queue]
              5. Any others that come in order.