[pnpgm] Game Update #62 - File #244 - A new vision

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue Dec 10 05:35:38 CET 2013

   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.J H Hooten........YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #62 in sequence (file #244)

         From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
           <The painting in front of the group, so she is protected
           and she tells Arawn about her mark and for him to watch what
           happens when she touches the painting.

           She will take any who are wanting to come with her for
           the theif.>

           Fremea is relived that none seemed to react, though ...
         GM: Ack.

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           Before Translocating:
            Noticing the wolf's manner Arawn turned to Will.
            "Do you know what's upsetting him?"

           After Translocating:
            After returning with the rest of the party ...
            "Etain, do you know the history of the piece ...

           Samma:
            "I would suggest taking at least one person who ...

           [OOC: Mana Sense followed by Mana Reading if anything
           unusual is noticed on Fremea, the painting surrounding
           area]

          [Sepes 28th, 1634TH]
          [Location: City of Salaqara, Donara]

          [Time: 10:46pm - North of Salaqara - Plains]

            Noticing the wolf's manner Arawn turned to Will. "Do you
          know what's upsetting him?"

            Will flexes his arm toward the wolf knowing that he still
          hasn't been healed fully by the wolf bite. Will looks around
          but suspects it to be a person nearby that gives eyes on
          the group the wolf does not like.  If the riders were wise
          they would have sent a scout ahead in the dark.  But only
          the Sidh could truly find him in this darkness.  But there
          is little time for that now.

            Before teleporting, Kiet casts a quick personal illusion
          on himself to disguise himself but stands as far away as
          he can from Z'leyra doing so.

                                 --------------

          [Time: 10:51pm - West of Samma, Donara]

            After returning with the rest of the party Arawn took
          some time to inspect the statue and area surrounding it,
          curious as to why it was positioned the way it was. It
          might be nothing more than a mistake but he couldn't help but
          wonder if it hinted at something of significance.

            "Etain, do you know the history of the piece or the person
          honored by it?"

            Etain shrugs, "when I was here the locals just laugh at
          the statue.  It is more a place of merry than reverence.
          They say the statue was placed in error by the apprentice
          of the master.  That did not go well for him.  But when
          the Prince was killed by an illness they didn't want to
          fix it I suppose."

                                 --------------

          [Time: 11:43pm - Samma city, Donara]

            Fremea is relived that none seemed to react, though rather
          confused too, as she was told to never show anyone. Or at least
          that is what she remembers. The reaction from Etain was
          completely unexpected.  Did he truly not understand her mark
          or even know about it? How can this be, the teacher who knew
          everything about her, didn't.

            Taking Kiet to the side for a second. "Maybe you are
          interested in helping me to pay my debt to my slaver."

            Kiet can't help smile.  Ever since the flying castle he
          has never really been able to use his full skills at full
          capacity.  He glances over at Arawn and back at Fremea
          giving a nod by reflex before thinking.  Those around
          who felt that torture and such was more evil.  Torture
          is just a art form to some as healing a wound is to others.

            Kiet has to stand in the doorway since Z'leyra is on the
          other side of the room and her darn necklace would just
          dissolve his nice illusion.  In combat this could be a very
          bad thing to do if she wears it and he is seen.

            Etain sits dumbfounded by the news of the mark.  he
          shakes his head several times as if in deep thought.

            Arawn watches Etain as well and notices surprise but he
          is still seemingly a good actor or is not giving as much
          as he should be to the group.

            Arawn suggests, "I would suggest taking at least one person
          who can magically interrogate the thief and so offer my service
          unless it's felt that I'm more valuable placed elsewhere or
          another is capable,"

            Fremea nods in consideration.  She asks Kiet to get the
          painting for another viewing.   She explains she will do
          this in front of all for safety.

            As Kiet unfolds the painting in front of Fremea, Arawn's
          another suggestion.

            Arawn "And it might be good for a few to scout out the
          location while you hunt down the thief, assuming the painting
          reveals further clues."

            When Fremea seemed ready to conjure information from the
          painting Arawn extended his senses deep, seeking to pull any
          detail that might appear

                                 --------------

          [Sepes 29th, 1634TH]
          [Location: City of Samma, Donara]

          [Time: 12:05am - Samma city, Donara - Tavern]

            Fremea sits in a chair having gotten used to the possible
          effects of the painting.  This time she loosens her shoulder
          clothing and reveals her mark.

            Fremea places her hand on the painting is rocked back
          by a familiar force.  It happened the last times touched
          the magical artwork.  Her mark begins to glow a bright yellow
          like that of the sun on a summer morning.  It is not too
          bright to blind but it is like a thousand fire flies in one
          spot.

            Fremea feels the sensation flowing through her.  This time
          she sees the hooded figurer again.  This time she is sure it
          is the Elves that hid the items.  This figure seems to search
          the city from street to street.  She is still confused why
          hide a piece in a city where it is likely to be found.  But
          the Elves have not always been the sages they think they are.

            Fremea sees many scene as but there is no idea of a span of
          time.  It could be minutes or days.  Then the figure finds
          a construction spot.  He looks around to find several shops
          also in construction.  But the place is a foundation just
          laid down in stone.  Fremea's eyes seem to shift to the face
          of the Elf as if looking at just air about him.  But for
          some reason she senses the Elf is seeing more than he is
          seeing.  She feels as if the Elf may be seeing the future
          or maybe what could be.  Shivers run up the spine of Fremea
          as she backs away to take in a full view of the foundation.
          The time of day seems to be early morning as the sun is
          just rising.  There is no traffic in the area or maybe
          this is just a new side of town?  But the Elf moves to
          a spot in a far corner.  Fremea wills the scene to shift.
          She finds the sun which is to the east rising.  She is sure
          it is morning but she could be wrong.  Maybe it is setting
          in the west.  She looks around for more clues.  If it was
          afternoon there would be more people about.  She discovers
          fire pits for baking bricks and stone mason work is full
          of ashes.  If ashes this suggestions the fire was lit hours
          ago not recently.  This means the sun must be in the east.

            The scene shifts back to the Elf who is digging in a patch
          of sand.  If the sun is to the east then this must be the
          north east corner of the structure.  Fremea notices there
          are small markets on wooden stakes that denote more area
          of stone work of foundation.  So this must be the place
          the item is buried under the foundation in the north
          east corner.  But Fremea is unsure if the markers are
          part of a yard or future building.  So she can only
          estimate where the item might be.

            The Elf digs the ground with a hand shovel and digs the
          hole about 2 feet in diameter and about 5 feet down.  Then
          he places the item a gleaming end piece like the one that
          may have been taken from Salagara.  Fremea is unsure.  The
          shape is so fast she can't get great details even if she
          wills this scene backwards.  Then the item is buried.

            The Elf then leaves the area quickly.  But Fremea remains
          in the area to look for clues.  In one corner of the site she
          finds a table of tools but no clues.  As she continues
          to look around she is suddenly struck by another scene.  This
          time in bright daylight.

            Fremea is staring at a three story structure that seems to
          have room for maybe a hundred small rooms or 50 large ones.
          It is unclear.  Could this be the same place?  She looks around
          and finds a baker shop that was nearby from the last scene.
          she looks back at the structure and sees a flag pole out
          front with a fountain.  It is flying the colors of Donara
          and Samma.

            Fremea notices a small waist high slab with a plague
          and she moves toward it to read.  She notices a symbol
          of a circle among 3 circles inter mixed.  She goes to
          read the words and then is jolted.

            Sweating with beads on her head and arms Fremea sags to
          the chair tired.  She curses under her breath just when
          she finds the place it ends.  But that it not the full
          issue.  She takes a few moments to calm down then explains
          her vision.

            Raban nods, "a public place like a government or social
          place.  Private places like that wouldn't have a flag stand
          and fountain.  Shouldn't be that hard to find.  I have a idea.
          I thought about this entering the city.  I know a fellow Bard
          I met once in Donara.  He ...well he has lived here but is
          a bit of a oddball.  The bard network is a strong force and
          he might have contacts if not the place in question.  I can
          try to find him.  I tend to recall...the places he likes to
          stay at certain places.  I could use some pretty gals on
          my arm to help sooth the...presence of me coming back."  He
          looks toward Z'leyra and Unali.  "Anyone else wish to track
          this building down?"

            Etain looks to Fremea, "I was in the dark.  This now seems
          to make sense.  I just thought it was a birthmark.  Not
          A Mark.  I was told that you were special but had a destiny
          for your people and for the Sidh.  I only served my people
          though I was led to that path by my own leaders.  I need
          time to resolve this.  I need to figure this out.  I believe
          we may have been both duped.  For a purpose beyond our
          control.  But I will go where you wish me to go."  He
          looks sad as if slapped by a scorn lover over something
          as simple s a light argument.

          [Time: 12:12am - Samma city, Donara - Tavern]

          Actions? Comments?

          Next Update....Friday...

          GM: A quick update more or less.  I had little sleep last night
              so not as full as I wanted.  Was too busy with some of
              my other duties for the Friday update so no update last
              friday as you noticed.  Next week is my last 4 day weekend
              until next September.  So I will try to do update but
              frankly it is my last time to party :).  So we'll see
              plus I do have a lot of X-mas related stuff to do.  We'll see.

          GM: Ok.  Looks like we'll split up unless stated otherwise
              by Fremea.

              To track down Thief - Fremea, Kiet, Arawn
              To find building    - Raban, Suggested Z'leyra, Unali
              To stay at tavern   - All others

              Let me know who goes where.  I'll continue on Friday's
              update.  So I need to know by Thursday afternoon or even
              better Wednesday if possible.  If  you wish to go in
              a different group (Arawn for example to building and Unali
              to Thief for example) that's fine.  Just let me know

          GM: Arawn - Using the wand for Locating is fine but remeber
              it is not a mana battery so it gives the basic benefits
              of a wand (plus adds +1 to all mana cast).  Just a reminder.

          GM: Kiet for your illusion.  I think you described it once
              before but can't recall to me or to the group. If not
              you can post a description of what you look like if you
              wish.  I rounded the time to 11pm for casting for ease
              of bookkeeping though it was around 10:49pm.  I post
              the below for my notes/memory.

              Illusion Cast: Sepes 28th, 11pm
              Illusion Ends: Sepes 29th,  3pm

              You increased EL.  Actually I noticed when I added
              experience that you already had.  Opps.  Those darn
              dwarves.  But now your EL4 for sure.  I'll be sure
              to slap them at least a dozen times for this.

          GM: Z'leyra Kiet asked about our stone if you could remove
              it in a earlier post.  If not this will cause many
              problems for his illusion.

          GM: Mana report updated.  But I realize the time has made
              a new day.  I normally in the past recycle mana at dawn
              as I used to do so will continue that tradition.

          GM: A public plea for Kell if you see this you need to respond.
              It has been 6 months almost (6/20) since last posted.  We
              don't know if your dead or what.  A quick note might be
              useful.  I have sent emails to the various emails that I
              have for you but if anyone has info on other emails not
              known to me (@yahoo and his work emails) let me know.  Anyone
              know of Twitter or Facebook for him?  If I don't hear from
              him by 1/1 I'll turn him into a full Npc.  This means he
              has the same danger to die as any npc.  :<