[pnpgm] Game Update #20

John Haight sang_real at msn.com
Mon Apr 29 00:27:33 CEST 2013

   Arawn had listened to everything shared in still inscrutable silence. His fair face did not register any sign of a reaction to Fremea's words or the eagerness of others, only a pervasive ponderance that had appeared from the onset of the news. Beneath the surface questions and deep thoughts brewed as was common to the alfar and he sat thus for a bit before Fremea's attention came to his awareness.

   "There are many questions to ask, but many I will not ask here and now."

   "I can guess at your concern but do not worry," Arawn said with a gentle smile. "That Etain works for Faerry royalty is a non-issue.
   I do not know if he is Sidh or a human acquaintance but if the Faeries actually knew of your enslavement and did nothing, or worse, sanctioned it then that would be a most serious crime unless it was a punishment truly deserved."

   The alfar paused, giving the faerry a look that made it clear that his words were not a strike at her, any sense of passing judgement absent from his voice and thought.

   "But even then, it would seem a very, very unusual punishment to enslave a Sidh to humans... and one I cannot imagine a child would deserve."

   He leaned back in his chair, his folding together as they came to rest upon the table. He looked past the faerry, something seeming to stir in the depths of his eyes. It was but a second or two but there was a gravity to him that held ones attention in a suspension of time before he broke the silence.

   "At this time I have my own suspicions as to the motives but knowing so little it would be hard for me to judge anyone and anything. Far too many questions remain and it would seem the only way to discover the answers will be to see this quest through to the end."

   He gave her a grim, empathetic smile as he dipped his head ever so slightly.

   "I had given you my word and I will see this through to the end."

   "Besides, if wrong is being committed upon the Sidh it will be my duty to see it ended and punishment given."

   Though gentle-hearted there were times that as both alfar and druid it fell upon Arawn to enforce the ancient codes of the Sidh. Usually he preferred gentler methods, efforts to heal and teach but at times other, harsher methods were required. He feared that this time it would be the latter but it would not be a duty he would shirk.

   Leaning forward his eyes fell on the slip of paper held in Kell's hand.

   "I would like to see when you're done, please," he said to the half-elf merchant before focusing on Fremea once more.

   "I can see to transporting us, though I must admit I have never been to Salaqara and such unknown journeys hold risks. But we can discuss this later.
   For now, what more can you tell us of Etain, the faerry royals and this painting? And how is Jordi tied to all of this?"