[pnpgm] Game Update #228 - File #1415 - A long healing....

Scott Adams pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue May 22 08:41:44 CEST 2012

   HT Aliaver/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
   ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
   R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
   W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
   W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
   R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
   R1.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
   R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
   W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
   W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
   R1 John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
   R1 NPC...................Zhou Kiwat........Noble...Normal/Human..Ma
      NPC...................Captain.Lin.......Warrior.Normal/Human..Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar,

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #228 in sequence (file #1415)

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           Healing-

           Arawn did offer to cast Healing Mist and is still open to
           doing so as long as the party is interested and willing to
           move under cover (maybe the entrance tunnel?).

           Kotothi Portal-

           "I am willing to lead you to the kotothi portal," Arawn
           replied to Kell. "But we may have to fly up close if we
           are to peer through."

           Arawn will ask Fremea what she did to peer through to the
           other side of the portal before heading out to examine it.
           He'll cast Flight to get up there if needed to properly see
           through it, flying to the ground before it expires or
           recasting it if something of interest is seen to warrant
           further study.

          [Augado 10th, 1634TH]
          [Location: Middle Katai Plains]
          [          Mountains west of Pamau]

          [Time: 2:35:00pm - 2:36:00pm]

            Arawn turns to Kell about the portal to the west of them.
          "I am willing to lead you to the kotothi portal," Arawn replied
          to Kell. "But we may have to fly up close if we are to peer
          through."

            A shadow seemed to cross his face at the thought.  "I know the
          story of what lies on the other side and it is an ugly thing. I
          would not discuss it overly much for we have enough dark things
          to deal with. But if you know of the story of Skull Mountain or
          the kingdom of Musra then you will know of what I speak. If not
          I will share later. But be careful, the portal may have been one
          used by the Eldest Serpent to cross between his home and this
          world. I fear he may have something to do with the invasion on
          the Vong world and theirs into this one. It would be wise to
          avoid drawing attention to yourself at the portal."

            Arawn asks Fremea quietly how she could see through the veil
          of mystical energy that was the portal threshold.  The small
          Fae shrugs and seems unsure herself. Looking back now some
          distance away she sees nothing.  Maybe it is a factor of distance
          being right there.  Maybe it was something her senses were able
          to peer through.  She shivers slightly on also a thought that
          maybe it wasn't her but something on the other side that let
          her see past.  Fremea shrugs on her answer but can't seem to
          piece together a theory.  Arawn nods and is glad that at least
          the Agreement would not allow Him to cross here.  That would
          create a grand new war of apocalyptic scale.  Even his parents
          would prevent such thing at all costs if they could.  But the
          agreement doesn't mean that his minions or such could cross.

            The healers finish their first aid and are ready to allow
          for more magical healing.  Arawn is hesitant to do the Mist
          in the open.  But the options are limited.  The nearby tower
          is good cover but getting folks up there, especially those
          knocked out, would be hard.  It would not give full cover
          if the walls are half open.  The stairs gives the same type
          of protection.  A nearby flyer might be good but there is
          no idea how the living thing would react to spells.  The
          collapsed cave seems good but he isn't sure how damaged it is.

            But Raban used his time to investigate the cave.  Just to
          see if more Vong might be moving inside.  The bulk of the debris
          is on the center and rear sections of the cave.  After Arawn
          voices his worry the giant gives details.  The cave has a
          section about 12-15 feet from the entrance.  It will be enough
          to gather the small group. It will give protection until the
          guards outside are killed.

            Arawn seems unsure to allow wounded inside a cave with rocks
          still falling from the ceiling.  Especially with earthquakes
          going on.  But it seems little choice.  Raban and Chion help
          haul Farseeker and Caladan inside.  Then Z'leyra, Arawn, Lin,
          Caladan, Farseeker and Raban gather for healing.

            Arawn explains that Raban and Farseeker's wounds are the worst.
          The Mist may take a good time to heal those. Lucky in the form
          he casts it the others will not be comatose.  But he does explain
          the range is limited.  So Raban offers to let Arawn sit on his
          lap.  Then Arawn can touch the unconscious Farseeker and Caladan.
          Then Z'leyra and Lin touch his arms to ensure they make physical
          contact.  It is a bit awkward looking but when he improves the
          spell later on he can increase his range.

            Arawn begins the magical mist by casting the words.  Soon the
          green mist begins to drop down around the small odd looking group.

          [Time: 2:36:00pm - 2:55:00pm]

            While others wait outside some begin to try to discuss the
          plans to tackle the brain and wonder about the other caves.
          Ben'dar is surprised the brain would be found so fast and
          easy right off.  To be guarded by much less warriors than
          he would imagine.

            Soon a couple minutes seem to pass and some start to notice
          it taking a long time.  As some look inside they notice some
          begin to heal quickly while others like Raban and Farseeker seem
          to continue to heal.

            Some 19 minutes later the mist finally ends for Farseeker.
          Bu now the others have been healed.  Z'leyra and Arawn help
          to wake the two unconscious men.

            Ben'dar is clearly annoyed that it took so long to get the
          healing done.  Z'leyra could've done it in seconds probably.
          But the barbarian is eager to kill.

            Those badly wounded like Farseeker, Lin and Raban inspect
          their bodies to ensure what is still there.  After counting
          fingers and other parts they are happy.

            Farseeker looks around and whistles, "Looks like I missed
          some of the fun. So what has gone on since I was knocked out?"

          [Time: 2:55:00pm - 2:57:00pm]

            Ben'dar raises his hand to quiet Unali.  He has heard it
          twice.  Might as well sum it up.  "Kill Kill Kill."  He waves
          at the stairs and dead Vong.  "Unali & Chion go up there while
          we fight here.  Unali finds ugly BIG brain.  Finds portal to
          some place.  Finds other Vong in same cave."

            Farseeker looks to Ben'dar then Unali. A bit of a quick sum
          up but then he realizes the dagger maiden found the World Brain.
          He checks his sword. "Let's go kill it then."

            Unali grins at the wild barbarian.  She walks to the dirt
          where she sketched a quick map of the cave to show the two men.
          Farseeker examines it and nods asking distance from the entrance
          to the brain.

            "That is a big brain." Farseeker brushes his chin in thought.

            Unali turns to the others and now that the others are finally
          all here and safe she repeats her question.  She asks if there
          is some device or item or spell to block the brain from its possible
          mental connection.

            Unali then quickly covers her plans.  The first is to allow
          her to go up again while the group waits a few levels below.
          She can use her great stealth which has been proven in so many
          ways to attack the brain first or the guards then the brain.
          Of course that depends on protection from it. She then advises
          the group could all go and attack from the entrance inside.
          The third plan is to be teleported close by and attack that way.

            Unali turns to Caladan to ask if he could burn the brain from
          the entrance?

            "Yes.  It would take me about 5-6 seconds to cast the spell.
          Then about 3 seconds for it to reach the brain from the entrance
          you map here." Caladan responds with grim determination.

            Farseeker considers this.  "Almost 10 seconds before the brain
          is probably killed.  We'd have to guard Caladan and the entrance
          if we go that way.  The guards should not be a factor though."
          Then the warrior realizes something about mental contact by the
          brain?  Ben'dar forgot to mention that but based on Unali's question
          it seems the brain has that ability.  He recalls that the small
          lake Oca brain had that with the hood.  But didn't realize the big
          brain had better ability.

            Ben'dar votes for his plan. "I say go as a group.  It might
          only affect one person at most. As a group we can handle it!"

            Caladan knows the eager warrior is just ready to kill but his
          tactical thinking is limited.  "I can deal with toasting it.
          So I say same as Ben'dar."

            Chion folds his arms and considers. "I'm fine with teleport.
          It would give us the edge of surprise.  If we do fast enough
          to attack quickly it can't react."

            Raban frowns at he thought of as a group attacking. But he
          also knows the woman who is their leader can handle herself.
          He doesn't like her being in first alone but feels it might
          give the group some room to act.  "As long as Unali feels
          safe I say send her first and us later."

            Farseeker nods to the others, "we don't know if the shapers
          have anti magic stuff or what not. So I think a teleport could
          be bad.  The best tactics is to fight as a group so we can
          team up."

            Lin shrugs, "scouts are great on the battlefield.  But sending
          you that has already been touched b it might be dangerous.  Unless
          you can get protection.  So I think a frontal assault is the best."

            The others turn to hear their votes.  They know Unali can decide
          now but it is good to have opinions.  Though time is quickly passing.
          The battle has started over 25 minutes ago and the Vong could be
          entrenched by now.

          [Time: 2:57:00pm - Current]

          Actions? Comments?

          Next Update....Friday...

          GM: One drawback to Mist is the length.  With 19 minutes It
              took awhile to heal Farseeker to full.  But in the end
              it is worth it to be at max.  For those who were not
              healed if you want to do something during those 19 min
              let me know.  I can deal with it.  Lucky the party was
              not attacked.  Once a majority is decided or Unali decides
              to act on one of the plans the game will move on then.
              I did get Diablo 3.  Played it a bit.  So far not too
              addictive as died.  But hey, its been 10 years since really
              played a serious game like this.  :)  A bit rusty.

              Arawn I know you wanted to go to the portal and fly up.
              But with Fremea a bit uneasy to flee the portal you had
              already cuaght up with the others.  So if you want to go
              BACK to the portal you can with Kell.  But this will take
              a few more minutes.

          GM: Plans made:

              1- Unali first attack, others join in later
              2- All as a group attack at once via entrance
              3- Teleport inside the cave and fight as one
              4- Other

              Raban    - 1     Fremea  - No Vote
              Caladan  - 2     Kell    - No Vote
              Ben'dar  - 2     Kiet    - No Vote
              Farseker - 2     Unali   - No Vote
              Lin      - 2     Will    - No Vote
              Chion    - 3     Z'leyra - No Vote

              1: 1   2: 4   3: 1   No Vote: 6
              Majority is 7 though Unali can decide any time to end the
              voting. If no majority next highest group will win.

          GM: Spells active

              Will    -   Armor Transmutation

              * = Soon to end (next update?].  I may NOT post this
              info unless I remember to do so. :)

          GM: Maps

              ----------------------------
              Mount Side View -
                Scale - 1 Column = 15 feet
                        1 Row = 50 feet  North=wall facing screen
              [Looking from one wall to the other wall.  Toward North
               wall with back to south wall.  Looking east/west.]

                             1         2         3         4         5
                    12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
                   I###              Fake Vong ceiling             ###IA
                   I#                                                #IB
                   I#                                                #IC
                   I#                                                #ID
                   I#                                                #IE
                   I#                                                #IFCave
          Cave 1-> `#                                                #`G<-#4
                   I#                                                #IH
          Cave 2-> `#                                                #`I<-#5
                   I#                                                #IJ
          Cave 3-> `#                                 World Brain--> #`K<-#6
                   I#                                                #IL
                   I#                                                #IM
                   I#                 @ <-Portal                     #IN
         Mount     I#T                                              T#IO
         Ground --?I#]A_A_A_A_A_A_A_A__________________V__V__V__V__V[#IP
                   I                       Y<X                        IQ
                   I                      Z                           IR

              I = Rock wall, #=Vong ladder structure
              ` = Entrance to cave [open mostly]
              _ = Rock floor (Row P) ground floor
              A = Vong Bowl Home (10' high)
              V = Vong flyer
              T = Vong Tower (30' high)
              ],[=Base of Vong tower (wooden)
              X = Rabbit Hole opening 30' wide below cavern to tunnels
              Y = Tunnel of Treasure/Sentry cave (under ground floor)
              Z = Pit/Lake caves below elevation of Treasure cave tunnel
             1-6= Side caves on east/west walls

    * World Brain cave

          1         2         3         4
12345678901234567890123456789012345678901
   %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%/      A   %% = Rock Wall
   %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%\%%%%%\__    B
   %%\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \%%/  \__ C
   %%/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/%%\__/   D
   %%\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/S P**** \%%/  \__ E
   %%V  \__/  \VV/  \__/  \__/****_/%%\__/   F
  ,,,\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \**** \%%/  \__ G
  ]]]/  \__/  \__/  \__/P \__/  \_S/%%\__/   H
  ```\__/  \__/H \__/  \__/  \__/  \%%/  \__ I
   %%V  \__/  \H_/  \__/ @@@ /  /__/%%\__/   J
   %%\__/  \__/  \__/  \@@@@@  /   \%%/  \__ K
   %%/  \__/  \__/  \__/@@@@@ / \__/%%\__/   L
   %%\__/  \__/VV\__/  \_@@@ /  /  \%%/  \__ M
   %%/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_/   \__/%%\__/   N
   %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%/  \__ O
   %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%\__/   P
           1         2         3         4
  12345678901234567890123456789012345678901

    Portal - Center is L29 going diagonal bottom left to top right.
             30' wide and 30' high shimmering portal
    World Brain = @@ 25' by 20' wide.  Tentacles are 15' long
    * = Wooden Barrels

    V = Vong Warrior   [F4, J4, F14, F15, M14, M15]
    H = Human Brigader [I14, J14]
    S = Shaper         [E26, H33]
    P = Human Prisoner [E29, H23]
    ],'= Stairs ledge to stairs