[pnpgm] Game Update #225 - File #1404 - The World Brain

John Haight sang_real at msn.com
Mon May 14 23:49:52 CEST 2012

   Arawn's brow furrowed  at Fremea's words, wondering why the fairy was unable to see the portal. Perhaps it was lack of use and the age of the portal, or something unique in his blood or even something related to his own entrapment in the Middle-World. Whatever the case he hoped to discover something of the portal before leaving the Mount behind.
   Moving to a position directly under the portal he called to Fremea, guiding her around and over it, but making sure to keep her from accidentally touching or flying through it.

   "It reeks of the magic of the Eldest Serpent, though whether it leads to one of his realms or somewhere else I do not know. But it seems to be a transportation portal. But it is faded, reality seeming to crack at the edges, and it is huge. It is unlike any portal I have seen, even in the Upper Realms."

   (When back with the others)
   Arawn listened to Fremea's rundown in silence, only speaking up when she mentioned her magical depletion.

   "I have a talisman that holds additional magical energies that might be of use, though I had been holding it for Chion in case we need to retreat quickly. But if he does not think he'll need it you're welcome to it.
   If, instead, you wish to replenish your innate energies I can do something about that."