[pnpgm] Game Update #224 - File #1403 - Leader returns

Scott Adams pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue May 8 07:58:28 CEST 2012

   HT Aliaver/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
   ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
   R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
   W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
   W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
   R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
   R1.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
   R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
   W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
   W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
   R1 John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
   R1 NPC...................Zhou Kiwat........Noble...Normal/Human..Ma
      NPC...................Captain.Lin.......Warrior.Normal/Human..Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar,

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #224 in sequence (file #1403)

         [None]

          [Augado 10th, 1634TH]
          [Location: Middle Katai Plains]
          [          Mountains west of Pamau]

          [Time: 2:28:37 pm]

            Fremea continues to fly toward the west to find one of the
          good healers.

            Squirt laying on Caladan's stomach wrinkles his nose.  His
          ears perk up and he looks up toward the west.

            Raban grabs the last warrior and twists him around grasping
          him from the neck and skull.  He twists quickly and severs the
          warrior's spine killing him instantly.

            On the other side of the field a figure appears from behind
          the nearest flyer the elementals last cracked open.  The figure
          smoothes the clothing and straightens a piece of gear on the
          hand belt. "What is the situation here? I gather you have dealt
          with the large group of Vong that was descending the stairs?"

            Chion looks up to the new voice and instinctively grabs his
          sai on his belt.  As he does this he drops the water skin and
          raises to his feet.  Then he smiles at Unali walking toward the
          group.  Chion raises his hand and points down to the two knocked
          out members.  He explains the last Vong knocked them out and he
          just healed Will. He points to the wandering Will and points to
          the dead Vong.

            Inside the Vong home, Ben'dar stabs the lone warrior in the
          stomach doing 8 points killing him.

            Arawn sees the last Vong fall and rushes outside hoping to
          find more brigaders or at least a outcast.  He heads to home
          (B13) and opens it to find empty.

            Kell raises his head to look at Unali.  She seems in good spirits
          and also in great condition.  He wonders where she has been.  Then
          glances at Chion.  Maybe both of them skipped the ground fighting
          and ported a bit upstairs?  Would make sense how the Shaper found
          the issue of gravity on the ground.

            Lin runs out of the home and finds the door Arawn is at open.
          Cautiously he assumes that to be Arawn.  Realizing it empty he
          moves onto the last home in this row.

            Z'leyra finishes the distance to find the home (I9) with Ben'dar
          standing over a dead Vong.  She quickly moves toward the next home
          in the line.

            Kiet glances at Unali and then back at the stairs.  He furrows
          his eyebrows in dismay.  Two Vong is many to Unali?  He only
          notices the one dead here and the one on the stairs likely killed
          by Fremea.  Sounds like a full squad was coming down not two.

            Will watches the mission leader come from no where.  He
          knows it is about time.  Was she slacking down underground?

                         -------------------------

          [Time: 2:28:40 pm]

            Fremea flies further westward ending up about 60 feet from the
          eastern side of those homes.  As she flies she can find the odd
          tingle of a supernatural force. It seems to draw her senses to
          that of a Kototohi presence.  She can sense it to her left to
          the south.  But she can't pinpoint it.  She doesn't realize the
          large portal that Arawn discovered earlier is nearby.  Maybe
          here senses aren't as sophisticated or attuned to such things.
          She continues to fly but now a bit more cautious.

            Squirt bats his nose with a claw and does a funny little sound
          when he recognized the long legged female approaching.

            Raban runs to the last home (B15) in the top eastern section.
          He opens it to find a single Warrior with his back to him.
          He kicks the warrior in the back slamming him into the far
          northern wall breaking a rib doing 6 points of damage.

            Unali completes the distance to stand near Chion and looks
          down to the two fallen comrades.  She notices Farseeker's
          chainmail is removed which is nothing he would do in battle
          unless about to be healed.  She listens to Chion give a quick
          report on the flyer field and battle.

            Chion explains the odd rock creatures summoned by Kell.  How
          they tackled about 30 or 40 of them on their own.

            Ben'dar leaves the dead Vong accidentally running into the
          invisible Z'leyra.  He pats her on the arm and runs to the
          next area (I11).  Getting there he finds the home empty of
          any person or gear.

            Arawn leaves the empty home and runs to join Raban in the
          last home.  He slices his Elven blade toward the sole warrior
          hitting him in the left side doing 5 points of damage.

            Kell listens to Chion's report wondering how he knew of the
          attacks on the flyers from the elementals.  He was gone at the
          time he recalls. At least not seen by the others.

            Lin runs and joins Arawn and Raban at the last home.  he tries
          to swing on the warrior but fails to hit him.

            The last Vong in the north area twists away from Lin's blade
          while raising his amphistaff toward Raban.  he hits the bard in
          the center chest but his armor protects him.

            Kiet turns back to the stairs to watch it.  Maybe this large
          squad is still coming down?  He reaches behind him to ensure
          his three javelins are good to use.

            Will decides the group will continue to chat about combat and
          healing.  That'll take some time.  He turns on his heels and
          begins to move quickly south to the tower he fell from the
          sky with plans to retrieve his bow.

                         -------------------------

          [Time: 2:28:43 pm]

            Fremea notices the giant, not a hard thing to miss, run
          toward one home. She diverts for the giant since he is the
          first party member she knows.

            Raban slaps the Vong in the neck with his large gauntleted
          hand crushing his throat and doing the final damage to
          kill the Vong warrior.

            Unali continues for the group in front of her. The others
          can catch up maybe soon.  "Congratulations on taking out so
          many Vong and securing the ground floor. I took the liberty of
          exploring stairs up to find the World Brain. It may be best
          if we gather everybody before we proceed upwards."

            Chion crosses his arms and considers the news.  Maybe he
          should speed things further by picking up the others?  It
          might take them a good 2 minutes to return here.  But maybe
          they need the exercise.

            Ben'dar leaves the empty home and runs to the next one (R11).
          Opening the door he is disgusted by the sight on the ground.
          A nude teen girl maybe 15 or 16 is on her back and a Vong
          warrior is on top of her showing inter-species sex techniques.
          The Vong has his crab armor but his clothing is gone.  Ben'dar's
          anger boils over at the obvious abuse and screams in rage.  He
          stabs the filthy Vong in the right side ribs doing 19 points
          to him.

            Arawn scans the home but sees nothing of value. He leaves
          the home and wonders what is next.  The top half of the homes
          seem to be explored.  That means the south portion.

            At the mention of World Brain Kell stands up and stops his
          cleaning of Caladan's wounds.  He glances upwards to what must
          be the caves.  So they have found the central nexus to the whole
          Vong invasion.

            Lin exits the home and also realizes what Arawn has that
          the ground area may be finished.

            The nude Vong warrior rolls off and out of the girl and
          grabs his amphistaff.  He flexes it to form a snake whip
          and it lunges upward fast and true toward the barbarian's
          neck.  The snake then rips and bites the man doing 6 points.

            Z'leyra rushes up to the home to find the scene and now
          a newly wounded Ben'dar grasping for air.  Her staff hits
          the warrior in the right middle ribs doing 7 points.

            Kiet turns to hear Unali's words on the world brain.  Maybe
          a good javelin will call it or something.  How tough could
          a brain be anyway?

                         -------------------------

          [Time: 2:28:46 pm]

            Fremea flies northward toward Lin and Raban's direction.

            Raban glances left finding no more homes to explore.
          He waves the others forward going back down south.

            Unali continues, "I have found the World Brain I think, but
          it will be quite a fight to take it out."  She begins to describe
          the cave containing the world brain.

            Chion listens and glances west.  He knows the others may need
          to get here to hear the details and heal the others.

            Ben'dar stabs the warrior in the right upper chest doing the
          final damage to kill him.  Ben'dar then stabs the dead Vong
          twice more just out of spite.

            Arawn follows the giant and recalls the enthralled man's
          location.  He is in one home about 200 feet odd feet south
          of them.

            Kell listens to the details of the cave upstairs.

            Lin jogs after Raban to see what is up next.

            Z'leyra drops her magical staff and kneels to check out
          the nude girl.  Physically she has all the parts intact
          other than bruises and cuts from likely many abusive sessions.

            Kiet glances south to see Will heading that way.

            The girl raises up and begins to sob greatly in Z'leyra's
          arms.  It is obvious the girl is weak likely from lack of
          water and food.

                         -------------------------

          [Time: 2:28:49 pm]

            Fremea continues flying north and ends up about 30 feet
          from Raban.  She gives a quick yell to the giant to let
          him know she is nearby.

            Raban glances around to see where Fremea's voice. He
          continues onward to the south.

            Unali uses her hands to describe the cave and the people
          inside.

            Chion realizes the unconscious ones need to still be
          treated so kneels down and gets back to work.

            Ben'dar gets to the last home (I15) and opens it to find
          it empty.  He kicks the wall eager to kill more scum Vong.

            Arawn heads south eager to meet back up with Fremea.

            Kell watches Chion get back to work and also helps out.

            Lin sheathes his sword and wipes his hands on his tunic
          and forehead clearing the sweat.

            Z'leyra tries to calm the girl and hopes the others
          found other prisoners to rescue.

            Kiet listens to the amount of danger up above and hopes
          the group heals and rests some before rushing there.

            The girl continues to cry while turning to kick the
          dead Vong with her foot.

                         -------------------------

          [Time: 2:28:52 pm]

          Actions? Comments?

          Next Update....Friday...

          GM: A short update but I wanted to get the ground field to be
              fully covered and at this point everything has been explored.
              Keep in mind the three groups have no direct info on what
              others are doing.  Fremea can post dialogue or details to
              keep them up to speed but even she doesn't know about the
              world brain at this point.  Once Ben'dar is walking around
              visible he can be found and thus Z'leyra to have all regroup
              if needed.  If healing is to be done someone needs to
              determine the details for it.  I think I'll do 2 minutes
              for the next update.  This means will give time for Will
              to get his bow and others if need be to walk around. So
              decide on actions for that for the next update.  I
              will describe what Unali reports on the cave next update.

          GM: Situation Report -

              Three groups -
                Arawn, Fremea, Raban,
                Ben'dar, Z'leyra
                Caladan, Chion, Farseeker, Kell, Kiet, Unali, Will

          GM: Spells active

              Z'leyra -   Orient Self, Invisibility
              Will    -   Armor Transmutation
              Arawn   -   Invisibility*
              Fremea  -   Invisibility*

              * = Soon to end (next update?].  I may NOT post this
              info unless I remember to do so. :)

         GM: Current Positions -

             Z'leyra   *     - Inside I13 [Top Map]
             Ben'dar   *     - Inside I15 [Top Map]
             Chariot   *     - Gone/missing/left
             Raban     *     - Between Row C/D15 +30 feet
             Lin       *     - Between Row C/D15 +30 feet
             Will      *     - 280 feet to SE tower
             Farseeker *     - D43 [Top view], P48 [Side map]
             Caladan   *     - D43 [Top view], P48 [Side map
             Fremea          - Between Row C/D15 +30 feet
             Arawn     *     - Between Row C/D15 +30 feet
             Kell      *     - D43 [Top view], P48 [Side map]
             Kiet      *     - D43 [Top view], P48 [Side map]
             Chion           - D43 [Top view], P48 [Side map]
             Unali           - D43 [Top view], P48 [Side map]

             * = Not marked on map
             Wounded: Ben'dar, Caladan, Farseeker

             Homes/West Side  - Z'leyra, Ben'dar, Raban, Lin, Arawn
             Flying Field/East- Fremea,Farseeker,Caladan,Kell,Kiet,Chion
             Below ground     - Unali??

             Flyers [In air]  - 4 Outside mount somewhere
                                R9 [Crashed crater]
                                B5 [Crashed wall crater]

             Homes Explored: 32 out of 32 [ALL]

             Brigaders:
                Unknown around homes
             Vong Warriors:
                None others seen yet
             Towers: SW Tower - 3 dead / Destroyed
                     SE Tower - 3 dead
                     NW Tower - 3 dead or wounded???? by unknown
                     NE Tower - 3 dead / destroyed
             Any other enemy not seen or targeted yet.

             [These are last known positions for some of them-may have moved
             since last seen.]

             Note: When a coordinate is given it might say H8.30.  The
             first letter is the coordinate row and second is column.
             If the scale is large I will use a .XX to denote distance
             between that row and next (in this case Lin for example
             is 30 feet heading north to row G).  This way I know where
             folks are exactly.

         GM: Info on recon -

              Bowl homes - Upside bowls - 10 feet wide, 8 feet tall at zenith
                           Almost igloo shape.

              Overall map - North is top of screen /I\
              Scale - 1 Column = 20 feet
                      1 Row    =100 feet

              [Top View/Overview map - from fake ceiling of cavern]

                             1         2         3         4         5
                    12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
                 A I%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%I
                 B I%%%%%   X X X X                          %%%%%%%%%I
                 C I%%%%% / X X X X               H H H H H  O %%%%%%%I
                 D I%%%%%%  X X X X                 H     H  KC%%%%%%%I
                 E I%%%%%%' X X X X               H H H H H  '%%%%%%%%I
                 F I%%%%%%  X H X X       U       h b   H H    %%%%%%%I
                 G I%%%%%   X X X X  @            H H H H H     %%%%%%I
                 H I%%%%% / x X X X               H   H H H  O  %%%%%%I
                 I I%%%%%%  X X X X                            %%%%%%%I
                 J I%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%I
          % = Rock wall
          / = Destroyed tower
          X = Bowl Homes 10' at zenith height
          x = Destroyed Home
          H = Vong flyers
          h = Cracked/Damaged/Destroyed flyer
          O = Raised observation post / tower 30' high
          U = Rabbit hole below this level is party's tunnel.
          ' = Vong ladder structure up
          @ = Mysterious portal seen by Arawn [30' high off ground]

          Villagers say no caves are on the north and south walls.
          The caves starting 300' from this level are mid way or so
          on the wall along the ladder structures for entry.

          K - Kell/Kiet
          C - Caladan/Farseeker/Chion/Will
          F - Fremea

             ----------------------------
              Mount Side View -
                Scale - 1 Column = 15 feet
                        1 Row = 50 feet  North=wall facing screen
              [Looking from one wall to the other wall.  Toward North
               wall with back to south wall.  Looking east/west.]

                             1         2         3         4         5
                    12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
                   I###              Fake Vong ceiling             ###IA
                   I#                                                #IB
                   I#                                                #IC
                   I#                                                #ID
                   I#                                                #IE
                   I#                                                #IFCave
          Cave 1-> `#                                                #`G<-#4
                   I#                                                #IH
          Cave 2-> `#                                                #`I<-#5
                   I#                                                #IJ
          Cave 3-> `#                                                #`K<-#6
                   I#                                                #IL
                   I#                                                #IM
                   I#                 @ <-Portal                     #IN
         Mount     I#T                                              T#IO
         Ground --?I#]A_A_A_A_A_A_A_A__________________V__V__V__V__V[#IP
                   I                       Y<X                        IQ
                   I                      Z                           IR

              I = Rock wall, #=Vong ladder structure
              ` = Entrance to cave [open mostly]
              _ = Rock floor (Row P) ground floor
              A = Vong Bowl Home (10' high)
              V = Vong flyer
              T = Vong Tower (30' high)
              ],[=Base of Vong tower (wooden)
              X = Rabbit Hole opening 30' wide below cavern to tunnels
              Y = Tunnel of Treasure/Sentry cave (under ground floor)
              Z = Pit/Lake caves below elevation of Treasure cave tunnel
             1-6= Side caves on east/west walls

   As always if map messed up see website.