[pnpgm] Game Update #233 - File #1437 - Battle begins!

Tobie Bonahoom bonahoom at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 29 07:51:24 CEST 2012


Fremea will still take the Mind Shield spell. Also, if the trinket is available for use for her mana, she will get it to be able to cast something else.

> Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 23:30:37 -0400
> To: pnpgm at abroere.xs4all.nl
> From: pnpgm at comcast.net
> Subject: [pnpgm] Game Update #233 - File #1437 - Battle begins!
> 
> 
>    HT Aliaver/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
>    -- -----------------------------------------------------------------
>    R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
>    ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
>    R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
>    W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
>    W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
>    --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
>    R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
>    R1.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
>    R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
>    W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
>    W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
>    R1 John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
>    R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
>    R1 NPC...................Zhou Kiwat........Noble...Normal/Human..Ma
>       NPC...................Captain.Lin.......Warrior.Normal/Human..Ma
>       Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar,
> 
>       Game Web Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
>       Public posts/actions to pnpgm at abroere.xs4all.nl (mailing list)
>       Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net
> 
>       Game Update #233 in sequence (file #1437)
>       ----------------------------------------------------------------
> 
>       Admin Notes: None.
>       -----------------------------------------------------------------
>       [Recap]
> 
>          From Unali: [Re: Actions]
>            Scott, welcome back. In the mean time the list and p&p site
>            are back up as well. Hope all stays this way.
> 
>            Unali:
>            "Arawn makes a fair point. Although I see no reason why...
>          GM: Ack. Finally just replaced the SSD it hopefully is the
>              center of the corruption to Windows.  We shall see how
>              it holds.
> 
>          From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
>            Fremea just nods at Unali. "It would be good for me to ....
>          GM: Ack.
> 
>          From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
>            Z'leyra states "I can only cast Mind Shield on those that...
> 
>            She knows that she will have to keep enough mana in reserve
>            to cast the spells against the portal, so that will limit her
>            Mind Sendings to EL0 and may limit the EL of her Mind Shields
>            cast.
>          GM: Ack.
> 
>          From Kell: [Re: Actions]
>            Ha'Kell thinks for all of three seconds, then politely
>            turns down the Mind Shield.  There isn't much there to
>            shield he thinks, smiles, then says, "Thanks for the offer.
>          GM: Ack.
> 
>          From Alex: [Re: Computer issues]
>            Good luck!!
>          GM: Ack.  So far so good but only a couple days.  We'll take
>              it day by day at this point with this computer.
> 
>          From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
>            Starting with Will, Z'leyra will use EL0 Mind Sending to
>            contact those that want the Mind Shield. Before the party
>            goes after the brain she will cast Mind Shield on them.
>          GM: Ack. On Will? Don't see a post on that.  Guess you talked
>              live on that so will assume he wants a Shield as well.
> 
>          From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
>            Sorry for the delay in replying to things. I've been dealing
>            with a lot lately and haven't been able to read the updates
>            for the last two weeks.
>            ------------------------------------------------------
>            "I understand," he replied to Unali, acknowledging her ....
>          GM: Ack. No problem no updates for last 2 weeks. :) hope all is
>              better.  Remember ALL I can hold the game if personal issues
>              dictate need more free time.  I do when have issues.
> 
>       --------------------------------------------------------------
>       [New Stuff]
> 
>           [Augado 10th, 1634TH]
>           [Location: Middle Katai Plains]
>           [          Mountains west of Pamau]
> 
>           [Time: 2:46:00pm - 2:51:25pm]
> 
>             Arawn seems to fend off her reverie of worry and
>           frustration for the Katai people she loves and hates.
>           Some don't deserve to be helped but she does have family
>           in this land.  If it weren't for that maybe a good shake
>           up in the Empire would do a good thing.  But at last she
>           comes back to reality and ends the debate.
> 
>             "Arawn makes a fair point. Although I see no reason why the
>           Brain I saw would be a fake, the fact that they must be aware
>           of us and waiting reduces our chances. If they can spring a
>           surprise from a different location that could be disastrous.
> 
>             On the other hand, if the Brain and portal are genuine, that
>           gives the Brain a supply of new warriors through the portal.
>           Delay in closing that portal could be a disaster as well.
> 
>             We move up these stairs as a group. Fremea flies up to scout
>           the stairs ahead of us. Please stay out of sight of the Brain,
>           so stay a few metres aside or above the cave opening. I would
>           like the  Mental Shield thing on the forward group at least, or
>           all of us that might enter the cave if possible. Anything else
>           that can help, Battle Mind, Speed?
> 
>             When we get just below the cave opening on the stairs, Kell
>           can send in the elementals first, and other help that we can
>           bring if available. Their task would be to attack the brain.
>           Then we rush in to assist, and the plan will be fluid from
>           that point I guess.
> 
>             Farseeker, Arawn, Raban, with myself, will you make the
>           forward group? Attack the Vong guards first and open the
>           entrance for the others. Chion, would you stand by to get us
>           all out of there if this fails miserably? Kell, Fremea, up for
>           the task? if Fremea spots something, above, or on the stairs,
>           we decide quickly based on what it is, but move down and meet
>           it in the open seems the best strategy.
> 
>             Arawn, It is probably not the best of plans, but the risk of
>           delay is great as well. Strong objections, then please voice
>           them now. Else I am willing to receive that Mind Shield.
> 
>             And for your safety (addressing the girl) stay at the back
>           of the group, but do not trail more than a few metres behind.
>           I am not sure it is safe down here or I would suggest you stay.
>           Stay close, stay silent, and I am sure we will get you out of
>           here."
> 
>             Fremea just nods at Unali. "It would be good for me to have
>           the mind shield too." She then hovers around, seeming impatient.
> 
>             Z'leyra states, "I can only cast Mind Shield on those that I
>           first contact with Mind Sending. For those that agree I will make
>           a minimal Mind Sending to contact their minds then cast Mind
>           Shield on them."
> 
>             Ha'Kell thinks for all of three seconds, then politely
>           turns down the Mind Shield.  There isn't much there to shield
>           he thinks, smiles, then says, "Thanks for the offer.  Whilst
>           it may help, hopefully we can defeat the brain without
>           getting that close."
> 
>             "I understand," Arawn replied to Unali, acknowledging her
>           concerns. "It's just something about this doesn't feel right
>           but I'll go along with the plan."
> 
>             "I can form a Battle Mind with those in the forward group
>           if the three of you are willing," he said looking from Unali
>           to Farseeker and Raban. "And if any are interested I can also
>           increase ones battle might, invoking the Fist of Battle, for
>           anyone wielding a sword or striking unarmed for a time, enhance
>           armor for period, or turn us invisible. A blessing can also be
>           performed by either Raban or myself.
> 
>             As to the Mind Shield, I can cast it but in truth I am but a
>           novice with that spell and not sure if the defense afforded will
>           be worth the cost."
> 
>             As he waited to hear what the others wished he added, "I'll
>           cast these spells as needed, at least the Battle Mind, but each
>           casting takes time and drains mana that might be needed later."
> 
>             His thoughts drifted back to the first time they encountered
>           a creature like this, when Ben'dar sensed what was likely this
>           World-Brain when he connected to the Lake Oca guardian using
>           the Claw.
> 
>             "In the meantime, while we prepare and head up, perhaps it
>           might prove worthwhile to go over what we may know of the Brain.
> 
>             I recall Ben'dar sensing a greater creature, likely the World-
>           Brain, when he bonded with the Lake Oca guardian using the Claw.
>           I believe he mentioned that he did not sense malice or evil, only
>           a desire to guard, to perform it's duty or program. He was able
>           to use this bond to distract that brain from killing Bohusara,
>           sending it the sensation that a greater threat appeared that
>           needed to be guarded against.
> 
>             We might not have the Claw but perhaps I or another can
>           attempt to commune with it in an effort to influence it.
> 
>             In addition, it seemed to react very unpleasantly to
>           electricity, vanishing beneath the water and shocking Ben'dar
>           into unconsciousness for a short time, I imagine from the shared
>           sensation of pain. And afterwards we found it dead on the shore
>           of the lake, possibly killed by the lightning if not Bohusara's
>           creations. Knowing this in might be worthwhile to attempt to use
>           Lightning and similar magics on it as they might prove especially
>           effective.
> 
>             And if we can get the prisoner out of the area we might be
>           able to use the contents of the barrels as a conductor, assuming
>           they hold water, and electrocute the rest of the Vong in the
>           area."
> 
>             He paused, a thoughtful expression on his face as he considered
>           something. "I believe the Sidh gods, or at least my parents, were
>           with us at Lake Oca and I believe they will bless us now, due
>           to both threat of Vong and the Eldest Serpents connection to
>           this place. I would pray for their blessing for our success and
>           welcome any who wish to join in prayer."
> 
>             Will nods and says, "It's good to move out... beats waiting."
> 
> 
>           [Time: 2:51:25pm - 2:53:17pm]
> 
>             Farseeker turns away from the group and faces the stairs.  HE
>           rolls his eyes at the Alfar going over about the Brain.  He
>           thinks to himself - if it is alive it can be killed that's all
>           I need to know.  The warrior sighs when he hears the Alfar
>           offering to talk to the Brain and commune with it.  He turns
>           his head around and speaks.  "Tell you what.  You talk to it
>           while I kill it.  The distraction of it sucking out your spine
>           with those tentacle things should be a good distraction."  He
>           smiles smugly.
> 
>             Caladan leans on his magical war staff and raises a hand to
>           bring attention.  "I can do lightning as well against the Brain.
>           In fact this here can do it."  He taps his staff.  "But I'm a
>           bit more powerful in fire."
> 
>             Ben'dar then claps his hands and says. "Now let's kill some
>           Vong!"  He then steps forward to the stairs.
> 
>             As Farseeker turns to face the stairs he begins to settle into
>           his military training.  As leader of 200 men he can organize the
>           tactics and organize the groups based on skills.  He doesn't want
>           to disregard away Unali's orders so adapts to them.  "Okay.
>           Unali and myself will take the left entrance guard.  Raban and
>           Arawn will take the right guard.    Caladan and Ben'dar will come
>           behind for support.  Caladan will need to get ready to cast his
>           spells.  Ben'dar should defend him then fight if spells are cast.
>           Will, I suggest since your not as fast now that you use your bow
>           to fire on the other guards in the cave.  Once the forward group
>           is in battle Z'leyra, Kiet and Kell can join.  Kell and Kiet can
>           throw their spears and javelins as the elementals battle the
>           brain.  Kiet if you can help Kell and Lin with defense.  Lin and
>           Chion can stay back for reinforcements.  We don't know how this
>           brain will handle multiple people.  It could have the power to
>           control all of us.  But maybe it will be over taxed. These
>           groups are good to help fight your partner who may be controlled.
>           Chion and Fremea should keep our back watch the stairs.  Let's
>           move out!"
> 
>             As Ben'dar gets to the steps a tremor occurs through out the
>           mountain. It rocks for about 3 seconds then ends as the earthquake
>           suddenly ends.
> 
>             Farseeker taps Ben'dar's shoulder and whispers. "If Raban goes
>           berserk take him out as quickly as you can with Chion.  If I got
>           berserk kill me here." He raises his tunic to reveal a piece of
>           chainmail just above his waist which is devoid of armor.
> 
>             Ben'dar nods but does not say anything.  He knows he could be
>           taken down easily but the three big threats are Raban, Chion and
>           Farseeker.  Farseeker alone could take out half the party before
>           he was killed.  Raban could do that without breaking a sweat.
> 
>             Farseeker motions for others to climb the steps.  When he notices
>           Arawn he grabs his arm.  "I will not hesitate to kill the Brain.
>           You will have seconds to talk to it if you need to.  But if he
>           commands other troops through that portal we are lost.  I would
>           like that Battle Mind spell."  He looks to Raban.  "Raban maybe
>           you should as well."  He knows that a battle mind might alert
>           others if one of the other members suddenly lose mental control
>           due to the Brain.
> 
>             Raban nods, "fine with me.  But I'll also take that Fist of
>           Battle.  Did you say it could help with my hands? I can bless
>           others as we get near the cave."  Raban knows that his hands
>           could kill in one blow but to do it even harder would quicken
>           the battle in their favor.
> 
>           [Time: 2:53:17pm - 2:56:00pm]
> 
>             The group begins their climb up the 300 feet of steps to
>           the first cave.  Normally would be a fast 30 seconds of walking
>           but being cautious the group takes their time.  Fremea visible
>           takes to the outside and hovers 2-3 flights of stairs up above
>           the group.  She readies her bow just in case.  She also takes
>           a side glance at the other stairs on the other side of the large
>           chamber.  It would take a good while for the Vong to get to this
>           side but never know what is on side to help them.
> 
>             Farseeker then recalls the girl and tells her.  "Stay with
>           Chion."  He points to the sailor.  "Yes the large man.  He'll
>           protect you.  Do not enter the cave."
> 
>             Farseeker leaves the girls to find Kell and Caladan.  "How long
>           do you need to summon the rocks and use your fireball?"
> 
>             Caladan quickly answers.  "At least ten seconds for a good
>           fireball.  The staff maybe 3-6 seconds for the lightning."
> 
>             Fremea hovers nearby watching the others ascend.  They
>           joked about one lone Vong attacking them.  They'll soon find
>           it was much more.
> 
>             Sure enough the first slew of Vong warriors are found.  One,
>           two, three and much more.  Clearly they are all dead from arrows
>           likely from Fremea.  Some are pelted with arrows up to four
>           in one body. Some heads, noses, necks and cheeks also  have
>           a arrow or two on random warriors.  By the time the group
>           gets near the top area just below the Brain cave a total of
>           20 warriors including the one on the ground are found.  So
>           that means that Fremea single-handedly killed 19.
> 
>           [Time: 2:56:00pm - Current]
> 
>           Actions? Comments?
> 
>           Next Update....Friday...
> 
>           GM: Ok.  We've finally started to move through.  I had hoped
>               the week off would allow me to know who wanted what on
>               terms of spells.  For final actions.  But based on emails
>               nothing came on.  So we'll move on.  This Debbie storm
>               caused a lot of damage to mom's house.  Den got a bit
>               flooded.  So will have to replace carpet and such  So
>               these things happen.  We'll move on and hope this thing
>               recovers our sanity and helps stress.  We may have no
>               control over life but we can these things we call our
>               characters.
> 
>           GM: Rough sketch of plans -
> 
>               Raban, Arawn, Unali, Farseeker - Forward attack (Left
>                  and Right guards).
> 
>               Caladan, Ben'dar - Bows, Melee and spells on second attack
> 
>               Will - Bow as reinforcement combatant
> 
>               Z'leyra, Lin, Kiet, Kell - Backup melee with Spear/Javelins
> 
>               Chion, Girl - Stairs as backup
> 
>               Fremea - Hovering outside stairs
> 
>               Spells wanted -
>                 Raban     - Battle Mind, Fists of battle, Bless
>                 Unali     - Mind Shield
>                 Farseeker - Battle Mind, Bless (Raban)
>                 Fremea    - Mind Shield
>                 Will      - Mind Shield
> 
>               Note: Keep in mind Mind Shield will include a EL0 Mind
>               Sending for connection.
> 
>               Comments -
>                 Chion - Assuming your still reading you will have to
>                   control him.  So if the team needs a quick teleport
>                   escape you have to act.
> 
>                 Fremea - Since your sort of not slated for the cave
>                   itself do you still want the mind shield?
> 
>                 Kell - Will assume you send the elementals behind the
>                   brain in the south from the wall.  I will have to
>                   check your range to see if this is able to be done.
>                   Well just checked.  Bit of a problem.  Range is EL
>                   so that's 20 or 30 if you use the language.  Brain
>                   is at least 70 feet or more from the entrance.  So
>                   can't send them behind it.  But could from the stairs
>                   inside the cave.  Then they can lumber toward it.  Remind
>                   me on the spells or language if you use that for the things
>                   to cast.  .
> 
>                 Kiet- Who is your target for the 1 Javelin? Brain or
>                   another Vong?
> 
>           GM: If there are other actions you will need to let me know.
>               The time it takes to go up the stairs - 53:17-56;00
>               will be good for spell casting.  So you can have almost
>               a 2.5 minute time frame.  Course keep in mind long
>               spell/actions will delay the group but simple spells
>               can allow you to catch up on the stairs.  Once the
>               battle begins there will be no retro actions for spell
>               castings.  Monday I can start the battle.  I will do
>               the spell casting pre-combat and once the attack on the
>               forward guards and/or the elementals attack first I'll
>               slow down to 2 phases per update.
> 
>           GM: Spells active
> 
>               Will    -   Armor Transmutation
> 
>               * = Soon to end (next update?].  I may NOT post this
>               info unless I remember to do so. :)
> 
>           GM: Maps
> 
>               ----------------------------
>               Mount Side View -
>                 Scale - 1 Column = 15 feet
>                         1 Row = 50 feet  North=wall facing screen
>               [Looking from one wall to the other wall.  Toward North
>                wall with back to south wall.  Looking east/west.]
> 
>                              1         2         3         4         5
>                     12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
>                    ____________________________________________________
>                    I###              Fake Vong ceiling             ###IA
>                    I#                                                #IB
>                    I#                                                #IC
>                    I#                                                #ID
>                    I#                                                #IE
>                    I#                                                #IFCave
>           Cave 1-> `#                                                #`G<-#4
>                    I#                                                #IH
>           Cave 2-> `#                                                #`I<-#5
>                    I#                                                #IJ
>           Cave 3-> `#                                 World Brain--> #`K<-#6
>                    I#                                                #IL
>                    I#                                                #IM
>                    I#                 @ <-Portal                     #IN
>          Mount     I#T                                              T#IO
>          Ground --?I#]A_A_A_A_A_A_A_A__________________V__V__V__V__V[#IP
>                    I                       Y<X                        IQ
>                    I                      Z                           IR
> 
>               I = Rock wall, #=Vong ladder structure
>               ` = Entrance to cave [open mostly]
>               _ = Rock floor (Row P) ground floor
>               A = Vong Bowl Home (10' high)
>               V = Vong flyer
>               T = Vong Tower (30' high)
>               ],[=Base of Vong tower (wooden)
>               X = Rabbit Hole opening 30' wide below cavern to tunnels
>               Y = Tunnel of Treasure/Sentry cave (under ground floor)
>               Z = Pit/Lake caves below elevation of Treasure cave tunnel
>              1-6= Side caves on east/west walls
> 
>     * World Brain cave
> 
>           1         2         3         4
>    12345678901234567890123456789012345678901
>    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%/      A   %% = Rock Wall
>    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%\%%%%%\__    B
>    %%\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \%%/  \__ C
>    %%/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/%%\__/   D
>    %%\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/S P**** \%%/  \__ E
>    %%V  \__/  \VV/  \__/  \__/****_/%%\__/   F
>   ,,,\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \**** \%%/  \__ G
>   ]]]/  \__/  \__/  \__/P \__/  \_S/%%\__/   H
>   ```\__/  \__/H \__/  \__/  \__/  \%%/  \__ I
>    %%V  \__/  \H_/  \__/ @@@ /  /__/%%\__/   J
>    %%\__/  \__/  \__/  \@@@@@  /   \%%/  \__ K
>    %%/  \__/  \__/  \__/@@@@@ / \__/%%\__/   L
>    %%\__/  \__/VV\__/  \_@@@ /  /  \%%/  \__ M
>    %%/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_/   \__/%%\__/   N
>    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%/  \__ O
>    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%\__/   P
>            1         2         3         4
>    12345678901234567890123456789012345678901
> 
>     Portal - Center is L29 going diagonal bottom left to top right.
>              30' wide and 30' high shimmering portal
>     World Brain = @@ 25' by 20' wide.  Tentacles are 15' long
>     * = Wooden Barrels
> 
>     V = Vong Warrior   [F4, J4, F14, F15, M14, M15]
>     H = Human Brigader [I14, J14]
>     S = Shaper         [E26, H33]
>     P = Human Prisoner [E29, H23]
>     ],'= Stairs ledge to stairs
> 
>    As always if map messed up see website.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> pnpgm mailing list
> pnpgm at abroere.xs4all.nl
> http://abroere.xs4all.nl/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pnpgm
 		 	   		  
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.powersandperils.org/pipermail/pnpgm/attachments/20120628/a36e1fa3/attachment.html>


More information about the pnpgm mailing list