[pnpgm] Game Update #243 - File #1474 - Brain Combat Aftermath...

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue Aug 14 07:30:00 CEST 2012

   HT Aliaver/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
   ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
   R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
   W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
   W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
   R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
   R1.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
   R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
   W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
   W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
   R1 John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
   R1 NPC...................Zhou Kiwat........Noble...Normal/Human..Ma
      NPC...................Captain.Lin.......Warrior.Normal/Human..Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar,

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #243 in sequence (file #1474)

         From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
           "I used Chion's staff to call the High Elder.  He...
         GM: Ack.  Good thing I check the Archives didn't get this post in
             email.  That happens sometimes.  Not the list's fault I don't
             think.

          [Augado 10th, 1634TH]
          [Location: Middle Katai Plains]
          [          Mountains west of Pamau]

          [Time: 3:00:00pm]

            As Raban is flying upwards with Z'leyra in his arms the
          poltergeist continues it's assault.  At least 5 more objects
          hit Z'leyra including stone, rocks and occasional metal from
          some unknown area.  But all are protected except for one large
          rock that slams into her left breast punching through her
          chainmail protection doing 1 point of additional damage to
          the unconscious shaman.  Raban tries to protect her face mostly
          but even his large tree like arms can't protect her entire body.

                                    -------

          [Time: 3:02:30pm]

            Before Lin can rush to kill Will, Caladan steps in front
          of him.  "He may be a weird guy but it seems the Brain was
          under control.  Look at him."  He points to the dazed
          woodsman.  "He seems normal now...whatever that is."

            Lin lowers his sword but scowls.  "What if it can hear us?"

            As Kell runs up the stairs he forgets about the elementals
          and realizes he may lose control of it soon.  But is that
          a great loss?  Maybe it will destroy more Vong in the next
          cave.

            Finally as Fremea and Arawn check the wounded two Shamans,
          Kell and Kiet reach the same level as the party.  Kiet is
          a bit out of air not from the exercise but from the recent
          events.  Finally he calms down and looks to Lin then Unali.
          For a few seconds he could hear Lin's voice echo the story
          he relayed down the stairs.  It seems the Vong building
          material seems to allow the noise to carry.  Kiet points to
          the general location of the Brain cave down below.

            "I used Chion's staff to call the High Elder.  He sent his
          familiar to the cave with the Brain and it set up a Thalos field
          up there... the Brain cannot send it's energies past the field
          or Kell and I wouldn't be here to tell the tale.  Anyway, it's
          only going to last for another 30 minutes, so we need to finish
          this fast."

            "Kill the brain in less than 30 minutes or first kill the
          thing that can bring down the moon before the Field is gone.
          Until the field dissipates, the Brain can't talk to the moon-
          pulling thing."

            "Does anyone have any poison or Desert Powers...or even some
          Chaos magics?  If the Brain seems to like water, maybe like a
          fish it cannot live without water and anything we can do to
          deprive it is in our favor.  I could cast a glamour on something
          we push into the field and maybe trick the Brain into taking
          it."

            "And what the hell is tossing those damned rocks...?"

            Lin shakes his head in dismay, he must've not seen Will
          being controlled.  "I saw only the image of the moon pulling
          thing.  It was like a starfish that was as large as a
          gladiator field in Katai city.  It was seen in some forest
          but the outcast didn't where.  It could be next door or
          hundreds of miles away.  Our best bet is to find the
          device that control it.  Then we can deal with it as
          a prisoner or as a thing to kill."

            During this speech more objects hit Z'leyra.  At one
          point a arrow from Fremea's quiver is snatched and smacked
          up against Z'leyra with futile effort.  Of the various objects
          mostly rocks that hit Z'leyra all are blocked by her armor.
          But one does hit in the stomach doing another point of damage.
          Raban checks her pulse and finding it weaker.  Raban speaks
          to Kiet as he waves Kell over.  "I detect evil around her.
          She must've failed a spell badly and the gods are punishing
          her.  Kell give me your shield now!"

            Kell may barter with a group of 20 angry men on price of
          weapons in Ba'ru but to argue with a giant that could
          kill him in a light tap is suicide.  So Kell has no choice
          but to comply, taking out his wand from it before he hands
          it over to Raban.  Raban then places Z'leyra in a lump around
          a corner using the inner stairwell to block her on one side.
          Using himself for the other.  Using the shield to block her
          front.  Then lowering her head into his chest to block it.
          This mostly leaves her back exposed.

            Kiet looks to the giant holding the Healer and figures she
          must be only one affected.  The objects aren't even going close
          to the others even Raban.

            Farseeker turns to Unali.  "If we have less than 30 minutes
          now we need to move fast.  We have it looks like 3 caves on
          the other side and two above us including the one right here.
          That won't give us much time to find the device.  We should
          move now!"  He looks to Unali for the order.

            Arawn checks Z'leyra but finds her pulse weak that means
          she is near death.  He doesn't have the skill to revive her
          but he could heal her.  Using a Mist spell.  He recalls the
          day's event.  Chion would be safe as never healed.  But Z'leyra
          was healed at least once today.  The Druid looks to Unali asking
          if he should heal them both?  Though the mist may take time a few
          minutes.  He reminds the group of the risk to Z'leyra.  Not
          able to ask her directly using her conscious words.  He
          also reminds her if the damage continues she will be dead in
          a few minutes and nothing will save her.

            Raban speaks up, "I'll take the risk."

            Caladan holds Lin back, "see the field thing blocks the
          Brain.  Will is harmless."

            Lin continues to scowl at Will.  "I'll be watching him."

                           ---------------

          [Time: 3:03:30pm - Current]

          Actions? Comments?

          Next Update....Friday...

          GM: A short update.  Will see what actions come in.  Basically
              need to know on the healing.  There is a clue by the way
              in the text to help out.  We'll move on to the next
              cave regardless of actions just to keep things moving.
              Those healing will be below and some like Farseeker and
              Ben'dar will lead the charge up the next cave unless
              orders are given to do otherwise like in the poison
              example given by Kiet.  As always the mana report shows
              the number of healings each person has had.

          GM:  Kell - Still out there with the new email?  Not heard
                 back on the dispel.

               Kiet - Did you leave the Gnarish staff behind?

               Unali - If no order to head up to the cave, Farseeker
                 will lead a charge with some of the group to help
                 things out.

          GM: Spells active

              Will      - Armor Transmutation, Mind Shield
              Raban     - Bless (OCV)
              Farseeker - Bless (OCV)
              Arawn     - Bless (OCV)
              Unali     - Mind Shield, Sending
              Fremea    - Mind Shield, Sending
              Z'leyra   - Mind Shield, Sending

              * = Soon to end (next update?].  I may NOT post this
              info unless I remember to do so. :)

          GM: Maps

              ----------------------------
              Mount Side View -
                Scale - 1 Column = 15 feet
                        1 Row = 50 feet  North=wall facing screen
              [Looking from one wall to the other wall.  Toward North
               wall with back to south wall.  Looking east/west.]

                             1         2         3         4         5
                    12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
                   I###              Fake Vong ceiling             ###IA
                   I#                                                #IB
                   I#                                                #IC
                   I#                                                #ID
                   I#                                                #IE
                   I#                                                #IFCave
          Cave 1-> `#                                                #`G<-#4
                   I#                                                #IH
          Cave 2-> `#                              Party Location -> #`I<-#5
                   I#                                                #IJ
          Cave 3-> `#                      Cave #6 World Brian ----> #`K<-#6
                   I#                                                #IL
                   I#                                                #IM
                   I#                 @ <-Portal (Kotohi)            #IN
         Mount     I#T                                              T#IO
         Ground --?I#]A_A_A_A_A_A_A_A____......._______V__V__V__V__V[#IP
                   I                       Y<X \                      IQ
                   I                      Z     Lava (. points)       IR

              I = Rock wall, #=Vong ladder structure
              ` = Entrance to cave [open mostly]
              _ = Rock floor (Row P) ground floor
              A = Vong Bowl Home (10' high)
              V = Vong flyer
              T = Vong Tower (30' high)
              ],[=Base of Vong tower (wooden)
              X = Rabbit Hole opening 30' wide below cavern to tunnels
              Y = Tunnel of Treasure/Sentry cave (under ground floor)
              Z = Pit/Lake caves below elevation of Treasure cave tunnel
             1-6= Side caves on east/west walls

      Party is located Row I50.  To be more precise 20 feet below the level
      of the Cave #5 Entrance.  About 80 feet above Brain cave