[pnpgm] Game Update #191 - File #1280 - Pit Combat T3: Ph1+2

Scott Adams longshotgm at netzero.com
Fri Oct 14 06:45:24 CEST 2011

  HT Aliaver/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
  R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
  R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
  R1.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
  R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 NPC...................Zhou Kiwat........Noble...Normal/Human..Ma
     NPC...................Captain.Lin.......Warrior.Normal/Human..Ma
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar,

     Game Web Site - http:/nrgcomputers.net/pbem/
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshotgm at netzero.com

     Game Update #191 in sequence (file #1280)

     Admin Notes: Website URL updated above.

        [None]

         [Augado 10th, 1634TH]
         [Location: Middle Katai Plains]
         [          Mountains west of Pamau]

         [Time: 1:25:29 pm - Turn 3: Phase 1]

           Fremea reloads her Elven Bow and fires another fast arrow
         at Vong #13 which hasn't been wounded so far.  The arrow hits
         him in the lower left leg doing massive 18 point blow which
         pierces bone, tissue and forces the Vong to roll back down the
         pit from the wound.

           Strie'bog fires his own bow at Vong #5 fighting Farseeker.
         The arrow goes wild to the ground a foot behind the man.

           Will decides to throw another one of his spare throwing daggers.
         the insubstantial dagger flies away from Will and becomes solid
         once it leaves his field of magic.  Vong #7 is few feet away and
         the dagger hits him squarely in the head.  but it is in the
         section above his brain case which is raised like a high bone
         area. Since it is mostly bone there the dagger only does 2 points
         of damage.

           Raban does one final slap to the Shaper's head and crushes her
         cheekbones.  The Shaper fells limp to the ground.  Raban looks
         down to the blood on his hands and the sad state of the limp
         female.  He feels bad for the creature but given enough time she
         would kill all female humans if she could.

           Unali rounds the corner and heads south toward the Vong to help
         Kell and Z'leyra.  She is now about 20 feet to them.

           Farseeker thrusts at Vong #5 hitting him in the left middle
         chest doing 11 points.  The Vong staggers a bit backwards from
         the three blows from his great sword.

           For a large man with a heavy frame, Chion leaps off the ground
         to swipe at one of the flying creatures.  The special dagger
         slices the creature from head to leg killing the creature
         instantly.

           Ben'dar takes a breath and glances around.  Across the area
         he can see Kell and Z'leyra fighting. But they seem too far
         away to help fast.  Glancing back he spots Strie'bog and the
         Vong door.  It seems secure but who knows who could come
         through it.  After all the party has been fighting for only 20
         or so seconds.  Ben'dar pulls up his spear and charges Vong #5
         fighting Farseeker.  Ben'dar's magical spear impales the Vong
         in the lower left doing the final damage to kill the Vong.

           Arawn studies the man nearby and tries to figure out what his
         chance of interacting with him.  He is clearly a prisoner based
         on his soiled clothing.  Arawn uses his Elvish Empathy to try
         to determine the man's emotional state and intent.  But it seems
         oddly unclear at this state.  It doesn't take a Elf to figure
         out what he is probably certain to do or thinking.  Even a Troll
         could probably figure out that the man is cautious, alert and
         wary.  Arawn is unsure if the man is intent to help himself
         or the others.  Arawn is also unclear if the man regards the
         Alfar standing in front of him as friend or foe.

           Arawn finally speaks up, "I'm here to help," he replies to the
         man. keeping one eye on the man as he studied the people in the
         cells and strung up on the Embrace of Pain. "Do you know-."

           Kell crouches just as Vong #11's amphistaff tried to hit him
         seconds earlier.  In this chance he thrusts forward with his
         magical spear and impales the Vong center chest doing far more
         than the amount to finally kill him.

           Captain Lin remains unconscious at the feet of Caladan.

           Vong #7 realizes he can't fight the vile Will so charges at
         Kell.  Stepping over the dead comrade at his feet he thrusts
         his amphistaff at Kell hitting him in the lower right abdomen
         doing 4 points of damage.

           Vong #6 swings at Z'leyra but fails to strike her at all.

           The other two Vong in the pit try to scramble.  One on his
         feet fails to grip onto the rock as it slides away from his
         hand and he can't get braced to climb up and out.  The other
         Vong which Fremea just broke his leg can't get to his feet
         so shouts some Vong curses at the Mist where Fremea is.

           Finally brain cells seem to kick in.  Two Vong exit onto
         the ladders of the perches on each side of the pit cave.
         One climbs down and peers around the corner to the north
         where Farseeker is standing.  On the west end the second
         Vong stands on the land and gets finally a better view of
         what is going on with the battle where Z'leyra is fighting.

           Z'leyra swings with her magical staff hitting the Vong #6
         in the left side doing 11 points of damage to him.

           Caladan takes a swing with his war staff at the last flying
         creature but fails to hit him.

           Kiet looks at the being in the Vong cell and looks at Zhou.
         He nods to Zhou that this has to be dealt with.  But for now
         there are a couple other rooms.  Kiet urges Zhou forward knowing
         that there is little to do here.  Kiet and Zhou rush to the
         next cell to the west.  Peering inside there are 3 humans who seem
         to be in their lower 20s maybe high teens.  This leads the one
         area to the right or west to explore.

           The Voxyen again tries to bite at Z'leyra but fails to make
         physical contact.

           The last flying creature dives toward Chion but fails to
         make contact with his claws.

           The male standing in front of Arawn regards him and his comment.
         As the Alfar speaks the man looks to the right briefly and then
         back at the nicely dressed and well armed person in front of him.

                        -----------------------

         [Time: 1:25:33 pm - Turn 3: Phase 2]

           Fremea fires on Vong #9 trying to scale the pit edge.  The
         arrow does hit him in the back but fails to penetrate his
         tough crab armor.

           Will throws two more daggers from his sack of spares at Vong
         #6 fighting Z'leyra.  But both fail to hit and land near Z'leyra's
         feet.

           Raban turns around and notices the new Vong #17 climbing down
         the ladder from the west perch.  He leaps and flies toward the
         ladder and lands with some grace at the base of the ladder.  He
         grabs the Vong and throws him to the ground.

           Unali charges south and ends up behind Kell and besides
         Z'leyra.  She thrusts at Vong #6 with both of her daggers.
         The magical dagger fails to hit but the regular one does
         hit him in the right middle chest dong the final damage to
         kill that warrior.

           Farseeker yells to Strie'bog and Ben'dar to guard the Vong
         entrance.  Then charges south toward the new Vong that came
         out of the perch area.

           Chion swings at the last flying creature but fails to hit it.

           Ben'dar growls at Farseeker but realizes the door is vulnerable.
         If more the cave they could warn reinforcements.  He heads back
         to the north wall to guard the door.

           Arawn notices a slight chance to his aura as he continues to
         speak to the man.  He realizes the Armor spell has just ended.
         Now he is a bit weaker if the Vong attack but that is not likely
         to happen.  At least the human is in no danger to him since
         he has no weapon that Arawn can see.  Arawn finishes his comment
         to the man, "- how to safely free them?"

           Kell stabs Vong #7 hitting him in a light wound doing 1 point
         to his left lower chest.

           Vong #13 again tries to climb out of the pit but again the
         dirt and rocks are too lose and high.  He slips back down the
         edge.

           Vong #9 notices the Vong carrion bugs getting closer and suddenly
         pounce on him.  The warrior begins to swipe his hands at the
         carnivorous bugs and is swarmed.  in Seconds the bugs finish off
         the Vong.

           Vong #7 swipes at Kell but fails to make contact with him.

           Z'leyra turns toward the snarling Voxyen and bashed down with
         her staff hitting the dog-beast in the back.  The damage done
         is severe and kills the creature instantly.

           The human regards Arawn with a raises quick eyebrow and then
         looks to the Embrace of Pain torture devices.  Suddenly behind
         him a large man with a scarred and battered hands and face
         joins him to the left.  The man stands about 6 feet 3 and well
         muscled.  Then another male then another.  Finally the first
         man stands with four men blocking the way out of this area
         all staring at Arawn.  While Arawn can defend himself well he
         might not be able to handle these many men though all are it
         seems not armed.  The "door" to the cell area in the north is
         as seen earlier was a simple threshold with no door or rail
         like the cells here.  So the prisoners just walked out.  They
         must've gotten their courage once the Vong left?

           One man says, "Peace brigader! Kill him!"  The men look at the
         well dressed and armed man and all look annoyed.

         Actions? Comments?

         Next Update....Monday...

         GM: Combat Stats -

             Vong Fighter - Dead  - 13
                          - Alive -  7 [3 Wounded, 4 Good]
             Vong Shaper  - Dead  -  4
                          - Alive -  -
             Voxyen       - Dead  -  2
                          - Alive -  -
             Vong Flyers  - Dead  -  8
                          - Alive -  1 [Good]
             Outcasts     - Dead  -  3
             Humans       - Dead  -  1
                          - Alive - 10+ [Unsure on numbers]
             Players      - Dead  -  - [Still trying]
                          - Alive - 15 [8 wounded]
             Prisoners    - Alive - 22 [Prisoner Area B]
                          - Alive -  4 [Prisoner Area A]
                          - Others- ??

         GM:  Two phases this time as it was faster with less Vong to
              deal with.

              Basically only 2 Vong exiting/near the East Perch.
              One Vong near Kell, 1 still in the pit.
              Two Vong exiting/near the West Perch with Raban there.

         GM: Mana Experience chart updated with this update so all has
             been updated on sheets.  Looks like in is one area Will got
             1 EL in Throw dagger -1 to Kell's spear again just to name
             a few changes.

         GM: The Abyss Map -

             1 Row    = 6 feet
             1 Column = 3 feet

                  1         2         3         4         5
         12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
        I--------------------------------------------------I
        I%%%%%%   %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%I A
        I%%%   B %%%%%%%%%%%                 +%%%%%%%%%%%%%I B
        I%%%%%     %%%%%%%%       ____            %%%%%%%%%I C
        I%%%%%%    %%%%%%%+      /    \            B [  C  I D
        I%%%%%%%          H   __/      \___          [     I E
        I%%%%%%%         _CL_/             \____   S  %%%%%I F
        I    %%%%  _____/                       \    +%%%%%I G
        I A %%     /                             :    %%%%%I H
        I         /                              :    %%%%%I I
        I%%%%%   :                               :   %%%%%%I J
        I%%%%+ ZU:                               :   + %%%%I K
        I%%%%   K:                               :    %%%%%I L
        I%%%%   V:V         The Pit of           :    %%%%%I M
        I%%%%    :                               :     %%%%I N
        I%%%%W   :             bodies            :F    %%%%I O
        I%%%%    :                               :       %%I P
        I%%%     :                               :    %%%%%I Q
        I%%@VR   :                               :    +%%%%I R
        I%%%     :___                      ______:    %%%%%I S
        I%%%%        \            ________/          V @%%%I T
        I%%%%%%       \___       /                   %%%%%%I U
        I%%%%%            \_____/                     %%%%%I V
        I%%%%%%%+                              +%%%   %%%%%I W
        I%%%%%%%%%                             %%%%%%%%%%%%I X
        I%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%I Y
        I--------------------------------------------------I
                  1         2         3         4         5
         12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890

  Details:
    Pit: 50-60 feet deep in most places.  Minor lichen allows some light
         from below.  There are maybe 100-150 bodies.  There are three
         times that in estimated body parts.
    @ - Perch like area, 20 feet off ground, possible wall ladder below
    A, B = Possible mini cave areas
    C = Possible doorway? '['= Door
    % = Rock wall, cave wall
  Ceiling = 60-80 feet above pit top.

    + = Torch B38, D18, G45, K5, K45, R46, W18, W39
        Torches are about 15 wide light areas so about 3 rows or 6 columns

  V = Vong Warrior clearly with weapons, armor
  O = Vong outcast? No armor so must be them.
  S = Shaper females, gown so no full length armor
  H = Humans
  ` = Voxyen animals

  Each V,S,O, H is a single Vong or Human on the map
  Dead are removed off map for ease of reading.

  Vong Warrior
     V - D43 - #1 - Dead           V - F45 - #2 - Dead
     V - E18 - #3 - Dead           V - J43 - #4 - Dead
     V - I43 - #5 - Dead           V - L7  - #6 - Dead
     V - M8  - #7 -                V - N8  - #8 - Dead
     V - M10 - #9 - Dead           V - M8  - #10- Dead
     V - M8  - #11- Dead           V - L7  - #12- Dead
     V - N11 - #13- in pit         V - E19 - #14- Dead
     V - D39 - #15- Dead           V - E39 - #16- Dead
     V - R4  - #17-                V - T48 - #18-
     ? - 2 Vong in each perch Location (R3, T47]
     V - ??? - #?? - Unknown others

  Vong Shapers
     S - M6  - #1 - Dead           S - I42 - #2 - Dead
     S - X10 - #3 - Dead           S - E20 - #4 - Dead

  Voxyen
     + - K6  - #1   Dead           + -     - Dead

  Vong Bat/Eagle Bird beasts [not on map]
     1 attacking Chion   [same hex]

  Outcasts
     O -     - #1 - Dead           O - E18 - #2 - Dead
     O - F19 - #3 - Dead

  Humans [Sex/Age estimates] [3 off map now]
     H -     - #1 [  Male c40s] - Dead   H -     - I8 [Fenale c20s]
     H -     - #3 [  Male c20s]          H -     - #4 [  Male c30s]

  Player Positions
     A - Arawn      [Area B]       B - Ben'dar    [D43]
     C - Caladan    [F18]          H - Chion      [E10]
     F - Farseeker  [O42]          K - Kell       [L8 ]
     E - Kiet       [Area A]       R - Raban      [R5 ]
     S - Strie'bog  [F43]          U - Unali      [K8 ]
     W - Will       [O5 ] Insu/Lev Z - Z'leyra    [K7 ]
     L - Lin        [F19]
     O - Zhou       [Area A]
     f - Fremea     [M7 ] [Off Map, above ground, flying]

    -------Player Area B------------
             1         2         3
    1234567890123456789012345678901
    ############################### A
    #### % % % % ###            ### B
    #### % % % % ###            ### C<- Prisoner hold
    ####         ###            ### D
    #### * *  * ####$$   ########## E
    ####        ####            ### F
    #### I I        MM          ### G <-foyer area
    #### I I   A    MM          ### H
    ########################    ### J<-Entrance
   --------------------------------
    1 Row = 5 feet, 1 Column = 5 feet

    A - Arawn
    M - Prisoner, male

    # \ Rock wall
    % = Slightly artificial rock wall
    * = Embrace of pain or stock

    Humans = Not on map
    5 in Left top section [cells]
    2 in bottom left section [cells]
    3 in embrace of pain
   12 in top right holding areas

    Humans - 12 in Prisoner hold [8 male, 4 female]
              7 in each cell [5 male, 2 female]
              3 in Embrace of Pain [2 male, 1 female]

    -------Player Area A------------
             1         2         3
    1234567890123456789012345678901
    ############################### A
    ###               ###       ### B
    ###               ###      #### C
    ###               ###       ### D
    ###     Cell      ###           E
    ###      A       ###            F
    ###            ###              G
    ###            ###              H
    ###---#########                 I
    ###                     ######  J Z - Zhou
    ###    K                 ###### K K - Kiet
    ###     Z                   ### L
    ######---######--#######--##### M
    1 Row = 5 feet, 1 Column = 5 feet

    Area D - 1 Adult female, 4 children