[pnpgm] Game Update #189 - File #1276 - Turn 2: Ph2 Pit combat

Scott Adams longshotgm at netzero.com
Tue Oct 4 08:53:54 CEST 2011

  HT Aliaver/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
  R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
  R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
  R1.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
  R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 NPC...................Zhou Kiwat........Noble...Normal/Human..Ma
     NPC...................Captain.Lin.......Warrior.Normal/Human..Ma
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar,

     Game Web Site - http://www.furvert.net/longshotgm/pbem/index.htm
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshotgm at netzero.com

     Game Update #189 in sequence (file #1276)

        From Kell: [Re: Actions]
          [ First and most importantly - this is very sad news about John.
          He was always a smart and nice guy and had great perspective.  I
          will miss him a lot, hopefully his family is doing better now.
          I also wondered about his absence, hoping it was better news.
          In our emails he mentioned ongoing health issues also.

          I want to say more but frankly, don't know what to say.  John
          will be missed.  ]

          [ On to less important items than real life.  That vong archer
          with the razor bugs is scary.  Don't like him at all.  Where is
          he on the map?  What number is he?]

          Knowing Raban and Will are now badly outnumbered and needing help,
          Kell leaves the spear impaling the shaper, ignoring the bat-
          eagles, and rushes around the edge of the pit to help his
          friends.  Taking his second spear in hand, the half-elf moves
          nimbly and quickly.

          Rounding the edge of the pit, transitioning from running west to
          south, he raises his shield and lowers his spear running at full
          speed towards the back of the Vong, he takes careful aim for a
          weak spot.  Skewering an unaware Vong at full speed in the rear
          (he he) could do massive damage and give more payback for his
          arm, and now his other friends taking beatings too.  Charging
          into the back of the Vong that is hopefully unaware of his
          impending skewering and subsequent quick death, Kell aims and ....

          [Hopefully he hits.  If not, well, then, he gets a do-over, or
          divine intervention, or it is a plain old miss...   Kell is
          aiming to skewer and kill.  He is also aiming so the Vong is
          thrown towards the pit, and Kell is angling away from it.  If
          there is anyone falling into the pit, hopefully not one of us.
          So he leads with spear and shield rather like a mounted charge,
          spear hovering over his shield.

          If Kell hits - remove spear and join the battle.  If the spear
          cannot be removed easily he'll leave it and draw his tulwar to
          join the melee. Ha'Kell will try to maneuver to a Vong's back
          first, flanking attack second, and if he must he'll go head on
          with them.  If head-on, Kell will circle around as possible,
          keeping away from the pit, or attempting to trip vong into the
          pit.  ]
        GM: Ack.  I too will miss him. He was a good guy it seemed and
            a active player who did the game very well. I'm too nervous
            yet to give his (if its real) sister to confirm the thing.
            Might seem too creepy.  Archer was spotted in the "perch"
            inner caves during Fremea's scouting.  The @ symbol on the
            map on rows R and T on left and right side.  A bit higher
            than the ground level and two Vong in each location.  You've
            not seen the archer personally.

        From Kell: ]Re: Actions]
          Can you send out mana/health/exp also?  I'm curious since
          Ha'Kell has been kicking butt... ;-)
        GM: Ack Already done.  Can't update it as often as can but when
            I do it will be updated.

         [Augado 10th, 1634TH]
         [Location: Middle Katai Plains]
         [          Mountains west of Pamau]

         [Time: 1:25:19 pm - Turn 2: Phase 2]

           Will decides that being a target is fun but can also distract
         the Vong.  Though he knows he could die if the action fails he
         gathers up magical energy for a spell.

           Fremea repositions her bow and fires to the side and above
         Vong #12 attacking Will.  The arrow hits him in the middle
         left chest at ribs.  It does penetrate doing a minor 4 point
         wound through his crab armor.

           Strie'bog reloads and fires at Vong #5 attacking Farseeker.
         The arrow flies but misses a few behind the gray creature.

           Will casts his spell and loses physical form slightly becoming
         insubstantial.

           Raban sees a flicker of change in Will and figures the woodsman
         is doing something strange.  The giant glances to the line of
         4 Vong near him. Then his brain gets an idea.  He sidesteps to
         the rear and right a few feet.  With arms outstretched and ignoring
         the dog-beast he growls as hard as he can.  With as much strength
         as he can muster he pushes Vong #11 on his left arm and shoves.
         This causes Vong #11 to move into Vong #8 which pushed at #9
         and #13.  With a roar of a insane lion he shoves and pushes. The
         startled Vong are forced to pile up and then side step to the east
         and the pit.  The first Vong tries to fight the massive wall that
         has hit him.  Raban grins a bit insanely as he knows he is at least
         5 times as strong as these poor fools.  Raban knows he only has
         about 12 feet to the edge. Vong #8 is just 3 feet from the edge.
         So he is first to be shoved by the sheer weight and force of
         Raban and the other Vong.  He is first to go flying over the edge
         of the pit landing on his right shoulder with enough force against
         a hard boulder to crush his shoulder and upper arm.  The crushed
         shoulder lodges into his neck and crushes his throat instantly.
         Before his feet hit the ground he is dead.

           Vong #9 tries to dodge out the way but the surprise and force
         of Raban's attack is so fast he is also shoved over the edge
         of the pit.  The Vong flails his arms and lands onto his chest
         into the rocky ground but takes no damage from the fall of 25
         feet.  Vong #13 is the next to go over the pit edge and dives
         with as skill of a water buffalo off a cliff.  Though his
         fall was hard his armor actually saves him as he takes no damage.

           Vong #11 the firs to be shoved actually gets enough time to
         grip the floor with his boots which happen to have spikes on them.
         The friction and quick reflex allows him to dive south out of
         the edge and away from Raban's grasp.  He dives and rolls to the
         ground to save himself.

           Raban completes his maneuver by using the motion to also dive
         off the pit edge.  To those who see this like Z'leyra or Will
         it seems instant.  But as the giant becomes below their sight
         line he suddenly shoots back up flying like a bear through the
         sky. To Will it seems so unnatural for a giant to fly.

           Unali figures Ben'dar can finish the last Vong by the door
         so takes off running westward to help what looks like Kell.
         She notices the strange bat-eagle-bird things and will have
         to figure out how to handle them.

           Farseeker figures the one he is fighting is a good target for
         Strie'bog to target.  So he backs up and side steps to the flank
         of Vong #4.  Thrusting his sword he impales the Vong on the
         left upper chest doing 23 points of damage.  While the creature
         is still standing it coughs up blood.

           Chion sees one of the bat-bird things dive at him then back up.
         In that instant he throws his sai toward the back of the creature
         and it hits doing 6 points of damage.  The creature falls to the
         ground.

           Ben'dar thrusts his spear hitting Vong #16 in the upper left
         chest doing 12 points of more damage.

           Arawn continues to explore the area taking cautious steps around
         the place to ensure traps are not set off or tripped if they
         exist.  He realizes it will take time to inspect the humans each
         one seems to be hungry, wet, scared or some injured.

           Kell raises his shield over his head and grabs his spare
         spear.  Urging Squirt to hang on he moves past Lin and runs
         westward.  Rounding the corner as he passes Caladan he joins
         Z'leyra now standing south toward Will.  But then his eyes
         seem to glaze over.  Just a moment ago he though he saw
         Will and Raban surrounded by 5-6 Vong.  Now Will seems to
         be just standing there and there are only two Vong, one on
         his knees.  Where did the other Vong run off to?  He then
         spots Raban in the air going east?  Puzzled he isn't what
         is going on but something fun just happened and he missed it.

           Captain Lin growls as 6 of the flying beasts seem to be
         targeting him.  Then he notices Kell feet away just run past
         him?  He tries to swing with his fist at one as he grabs
         his sword on the ground. But it is like fighting a swarm of bees.

           Vong #4 tries a wide swipe at Farseeker but fails to hit.

           Vong #5 thrusts at Farseeker and hits but his chainamail gives
         him full protection.

           Vong #6 and #7 continue to charge northward.  Vong #6 gives
         some kind of signal to one Vong in the perch to his left.

           Vong #9 and #13 are now in the pit but are stunned by the
         sudden turn of events they try to get to their feet to figure
         out what they can do.

           Vong #11 that escaped Raban's grip stands to his feet and
         looks down to the pit.  Shaking his head and snaps his amphistaff
         to full position on his arm and gets a scan of the situation around
         him.

           Vong #12 thrusts his amphistaff at Will and impales the hunter
         right in the back. The only problem is the weapon goes right
         through to the other side.

           Vong #16 slices at Ben'dar but fails to make contact.

           Z'leyra rushes away from Kell and toward Vong #12 which is
         attacking Will.  She swings her war staff and hits him in the
         right arm doing 5 points of damage.

           Caladan knows spells could be hard at this close range so has
         to fight the flying things hand to hand.  He grabs his warstaff
         and swings at the fleeing creature.  He hits him in the chest
         killing him as he spirals away.

           Kiet enters the prisoner area after Zhou and steps behind
         him to ensure the fool doesn't get himself caught.  But the
         man is fast and Kiet takes all his acrobatic skills to walk
         along.

           Thelast shaper runs west and then turns to head northward
         to join the other Vong.

           Confused the Voxyen was doing so well nibbling on the giant.
         Now he is gone.  He turns toward Will and charges.  As he
         bites down the sharp teeth penetrates no skin, clothing or bone.

           Zhou directs Kiet to check if there are any critical wounds
         on the few humans he sees.

           The flying creatures soar up then dive back down into random
         piles.  Three target Caladan.  One nips him in his left arm
         doing 2 points but the other 2 fail to hit.

           Two of the creatures dive toward Chion.  One misses but the
         other fails to penetrate his chest chainmail.

           Four of the creatures dive toward Captain Lin.  One fails
         to make contact but three hit in various places including
         chest, right arm and shoulder doing a total of 8 points of
         more damage to the man.

         Actions? Comments?

         Next Update....Friday...

         GM: A short update.  Wanted to do 2 phases but didn't work out.
             With family project and work stuff (end of year stuff
             including benefits and projects) been keeping me busy.  So
             hope to get new update later this week but we'll see
             how things go.

         GM: Arawn - Will cover the area in more detail when I
             can.  At this point nothing critical to handle. Just
             need to get the time to flesh it out.

         GM: Still no website.  I do have the info but have to work
             on that tomorrow if i get it.  Will post teh details asap.

         GM: The Abyss Map -

             1 Row    = 6 feet
             1 Column = 3 feet

                  1         2         3         4         5
         12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
        I--------------------------------------------------I
        I%%%%%%   %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%I A
        I%%%   B %%%%%%%%%%%                 +%%%%%%%%%%%%%I B
        I%%%%%  B  %%%%%%%%       ____ U          %%%%%%%%%I C
        I%%%%%%    %%%%%%%+      /    \              [  C  I D
        I%%%%%%%          H   __/      \___    VB    [     I E
        I%%%%%%%     C   __L_/             \____   S  %%%%%I F
        I    %%%%  _____/                       \    +%%%%%I G
        I A %%   K /                             :    %%%%%I H
        I         /                              :  V %%%%%I I
        I%%%%%   :                               :FV %%%%%%I J
        I%%%%+ Z :                               :   + %%%%I K
        I%%%%  V :                               :    %%%%%I L
        I%%%% +W :V         The Pit of           :    %%%%%I M
        I%%%%    : V R                           :     %%%%I N
        I%%%%   V:             bodies            :     %%%%I O
        I%%%%    :                               :       %%I P
        I%%%     :                               :    %%%%%I Q
        I%%@   VV:                               :    +%%%%I R
        I%%%     :___                      ______:    %%%%%I S
        I%%%%        \            ________/            @%%%I T
        I%%%%%%       \___       /                   %%%%%%I U
        I%%%%%            \_____/                     %%%%%I V
        I%%%%%%%+ S                            +%%%   %%%%%I W
        I%%%%%%%%%                             %%%%%%%%%%%%I X
        I%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%I Y
        I--------------------------------------------------I
                  1         2         3         4         5
         12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890

  Details:
    Pit: 50-60 feet deep in most places.  Minor lichen allows some light
         from below.  There are maybe 100-150 bodies.  There are three
         times that in estimated body parts.
    @ - Perch like area, 20 feet off ground, possible wall ladder below
    A, B = Possible mini cave areas
    C = Possible doorway? '['= Door
    % = Rock wall, cave wall
  Ceiling = 60-80 feet above pit top.

    + = Torch B38, D18, G45, K5, K45, R46, W18, W39
        Torches are about 15 wide light areas so about 3 rows or 6 columns

  V = Vong Warrior clearly with weapons, armor
  O = Vong outcast? No armor so must be them.
  S = Shaper females, gown so no full length armor
  H = Humans
  ` = Voxyen animals I7

  Each V,S,O, H is a single Vong or Human on the map

  Vong Warrior
     V - D43 - #1 - Dead           V - F45 - #2 - Dead
     V - E18 - #3 - Dead           V - J43 - #4 -
     V - I44 - #5 -                V - R7  - #6 -
     V - R8  - #7 -                V - N8  - #8 - Dead
     V - M10 - #9 - in pit         V - M8  - #10- Dead
     V - O8  - #11-                V - L7  - #12-
     V - N11 - #13- in pit         V - E19 - #14- Dead?
     V - D39 - #15-  Dead          V - E39 - #16-
     V - ??? - #?? - Unknown others

  Vong Shapers
     S - M6  - #1 - Dead           S - I42 - #2 - Dead
     S - W11 - #3 -                S - E20 - #4 - Dead

  Voxyen
     + - M16 - #1                  + -     - Dead

  Vong Bat/Eagle Bird beasts [not on map]
     3 attacking Caladan [same hex]
     2 attacking Chion   [same hex]

9999

  Outcasts
     O -     - #1 - Dead           O - E18 - #2 - Dead
     O - F19 - #3 - Dead

  Humans [Sex/Age estimates] [3 off map now]
     H -     - #1 [  Male c40s] - Dead   H -     - I8 [Fenale c20s]
     H -     - #3 [  Male c20s]          H -     - #4 [  Male c30s]

  Player Positions
     A - Arawn      [E9 ]          B - Ben'dar    [E40]
     C - Caladan    [F13]          H - Chion      [H10]
     F - Farseeker  [J42]          K - Kell       [N11]
     E - Kiet       [   ] Off map  R - Raban      [N13]
     S - Strie'bog  [F43]          U - Unali      [C31]
     W - Will       [M7 ]          Z - Z'leyra    [K7 ]
     L - Lin        [F19]
     O - Zhou       [   ] [Off map,
     f - Fremea     [M7 ] [Off Map, above ground, flying]

   -------Player Area B------------
    ###############################
    #### % % % % ###            ###
    #### % % % % ###            ###