[pnpgm] Hiatus

Scott Adams longshotgm at netzero.com
Fri Nov 18 18:54:24 CET 2011

    New computer is sitting in the living room with boxes to setup.
    But I may not get to it for a week due to schedules.  It will take
    a day or two just to clean up the room and get rid of old computers.
    Waited this long so can wait a bit longer.

    After it seems Arawn's posts didn't come to me at all.  I only
    noticed the 2 posts on the archives.  Then notice some bounces
    from spam blocked emails to the list.  So I want to ensure all
    folks are communicating fine.

    Here is the list of folks, last public posts and last private
    email to me. The date shows how long it has been contact wise.

    I know folks especially this time of year are busy.  Folks don't
    always have something to say in the game.  But if you do post
    and I never got it then it causes problems.  So a periodic test
    post even to say your character is bored and kicks a dead Vong
    for color is fine to me.  Not required but recommended.

    I check the archives when I do the updates but not daily.  So
    if I miss a post I get it then.  If you don't see a post
    on my game site then it never got to me.  I also try to
    at least Ack every private email to ensure you know I got it.

    Many send just emails rather than public posts.  Those are
    fine but keep in mind doing it in public allows others to reply
    and interact right away rather than few days later when I post it.

                      Last public   Private Email  Good to go  Delay
   John/Arawn           11/16           11/16           Y*       1
   Tobie/Fremea          9/26           11/4            Y       13
   Mark/Kell            10/27           10/26           Y       21
   David/Kiet            9/22           10/17           Y*      25
   Wout/Unali            5/16           10/28           Y       17
   John/Will            11/8            11/14           Y        3
   Alex/Z'leyra         10/28           11/13           Y        4

   Arawn shows pretty active.  Though it does concern me lost those
     2 recent posts in my personal email while it got to list.  But
     seems to be good.

   Tobie - Private emails have been coming in regularly though did
     send you a private email myself last week but no reply so
     hope you got it on what the girl said.  Last public post
     from Frema has been 2 months though.  But as long as get
     emails that's fine.

   Kell - You've been a active guy posting or doing email at least
     once a week.  But has been 3 weeks so that's a bit unusual
     for you.  Not AWOL level but for your frequency its not normal.

   Kiet - Last few days I noticed a bounce from the list.  It noted
     that John/Raban's subscription ended.  Likely due to his email
     bouncing back.  (I have to remove him from the list - mental
     note)).

     In that same bounce it had a email from you but it said comcast
     had blocked it due to spam.  So not sure if you are going out
     of comcast to us. It has been almost a month so maybe you are
     sending stuff but we aren't getting it?  Just a FYI.

   Unali - Your good to go though its been 5 months since Unali's
     public post from you rather than my email to the update. Not
     that been long per se email wise.  So as long as you wan to
     do private emails that's fine.  I can still post your stuff.

   Will - Though it can be erratic between posts you seem to be fine.
     Of course if too AWOL I have Alex to bug you via phone.

   Z'leyra - Of course your fine.

   So this is just a fYI.  We still have some issues like prisoners
   and new change of plans to react to.  I will to work on update
   next week but with Turkey day I suspect folks will be busy
   or out of town so might be a small one that Friday.  If by some
   luck I get computer installed Monday's update could be in danger
   as need to configure tons of things.  While I still will use
   this machine as backup I might be working on new computer.  So
   don't be alarmed on these things if no update.

   I'll try to work on update to come out Monday.  I'm off Monday
   but work Turkey day (my choice - means big bonus).  So will try
   to get it done Monday if there is enough posts to work on.

   Now back to our original scheduled Vong invasion...