[pnpgm] Game Update #195 - File #1295 - Fae Freedom

Scott Adams longshotgm at netzero.com
Fri Nov 11 18:58:22 CET 2011

  HT Aliaver/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
  R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
  R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
  R1.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
  R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 NPC...................Zhou Kiwat........Noble...Normal/Human..Ma
     NPC...................Captain.Lin.......Warrior.Normal/Human..Ma
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar,

     Private emails (not public actions) to longshotgm at netzero.com

     Game Update #195 in sequence (file #1295)

        From Will: [Re: Armor]
          In general I would have to agree but in this case the buck
          skins are also my main article of clothing and while running
          around in buck skins is fine running around in just ring mail
          might be a bit embarrassing.
        GM: Ack. Well its there just torn to shred by the damage its
            holey.  If I could get the update in question from when
            the armor was damaged I could figure out the details.  This
            is why its best to handle those things when they are done
            rather than weeks/months later  Plus its cheaper to lose
            the leather than ring.  But if you know the original update
            we can work out some change if desperate.

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          Arawn looks over those trapped in the Embrace of Pain before
          speaking with Mun.

          "I'll talk to my companions and discuss options regarding...

          During his time in the main chamber Arawn will look over the
          bodies of the Shapers, studying them for differences between
          them, as well as search through their gear for items they may
          carry including the orange pills previously discovered that
          were used to influence the various Vong growths.

          He will also ask the prisoners if they are aware of how the
          coral implants are influenced to grow or may be destroyed or
          devices used by the Vong to do so.
          Seeing Lin and Raban laid low by what may be a toxin Arawn spoke
          with Z'leyra in an effort to see if she feels the effects are
          fading. If they aren't or if the pair seem to get worse Arawn
          will pull them aside to Neutralize Poison, out of sight of the
          Katai citizens.

          OOC: It's one of the options I thought of, Teleporting/
          Translocation, and I   don't mind doing it. I'm just hoping to
          avoid spending too much mana doing that.

          Hmmm, maybe we can free one person through magic (teleport
          maybe) and then, if Arawn can succesfully bond with the gauntlet
          and figure out how to use it, he can practice using it on the
          now empty Embrace of Pain, maybe placing a dead Vong in it?

          OOC:  How about some sort of teleport, when you teleport
          someone sitting in a chair you would usually teleport the
          person and their cloths but not the chair.  Is it possible to
          teleport just the person and not their clothes?
        GM: Ack. If you go find the Shapers it will take time  They
            are around the chamber and will take time to get to them.
            Two are sort of nearby but two will take time to get to.
            Probably 10-15 min.  If you still want to check out Shapers
            let me know so can reduce your time on other things.  Let me
            know what  you finally decide.  These two posts of yours I
            did not get in email.  Not sure why.  I did get Will's post
            in email.  I only checked the archive and noticed it there.
            In fact the very last paragraph looks to be not yours but not
            sure who it was a quote from and if so never got that post.
            This is why I post the stuff here in the update to ensure
            the public posts I get are posted here.  If it isn't
            seen then it never got to me.  Should repost or see
            what the problem is.

         [Augado 10th, 1634TH]
         [Location: Middle Katai Plains]
         [          Mountains west of Pamau]

         [Time: 1:27 pm - 1:45 pm]

           Arawn looks over those trapped in the Embrace of Pain
         before speaking with Mun. "I'll talk to my companions and
         discuss options regarding how to safely free the others being
         tortured."

           Holding the gauntlet-strap in his hand Arawn made his way back
         to where the rest of the party had gathered. Catching them up to
         speed on what he discovered in the side chamber he allowed the
         others to study the Vong device as he spoke.

           "I don't know many more are trapped in here, tortured, but if
         Mun's observations were correct then this is the control for the
         Embrace of Pain. I know we can try to free those being tortured
         in a variety of other ways- perhaps turning them insubstantial,
         teleporting them free, or putting the Embrace of Pain to sleep,
         among others- but I'm not sure how the creatures that make up the
         device will react and it also will be costly in terms of magical
         energies expended. I think that if we can figure out how to use
         this gauntlet-strap we can free those trapped with minimal
         effort. The problem, of course, is figuring out how to use it.

           Back in Pavaasa I bonded for a time with one of the serpent
         crowns and saw a little of what I believe to be their world. I'm
         considering doing so again with the gauntlet-strap. The crown
         was risky as it seemed to put me in touch with alien minds but
         I hope the strap may be less threatening than the crown which I
         believe to have been connected to a sort of communal mind. Aside
         from an empathic bond a Communication spell may prove useful as
         well but I'm not sure."

           Arawn looks carefully at his companions, a grave look upon his
         face. "I can also try a blend of the two ideas, freeing the
         prisoners through magic and then bonding with the gauntlet once
         they're freed and then test the device on one of the dead Vong or
         their beasts. If anyone has anything to say or suggestions now is
         the time. If not then I'll have to find a secluded place out of
         sight of the prisoners to attempt the bonding, hopefully with
         someone to watch over me in case things go poorly."

           Caladan leans on his war staff as he typically does, "I seem
         to recall you also were affected by the bond. Knocked out or
         something.  That could be a problem as well if you bond with
         the animal there could be a connection to other strap animals
         and thus the shapers.  Then it could link to the Brain.  If
         the brain warns the Vong then all is over it will be us against
         a few hundred or more folks.  Our surprise will be over."

           Farseeker crosses his arms and seems impatient, "I know no
         such things as it is not my thing.  I can kill it and skin it
         but that's it.  But frankly we are running out of time.  The
         more time we spend here more Vong is bound to show up.  So
         time is critical here."

                ------------------------------------

           Once Raban collapsed on top of Zhou others tried to help
         him to figure out the cause.  His wounds were minor for the
         large man but it seems the one wound which is a bite mark on
         his left leg seems to be reeking with what smells like possible
         poison.  Z'leyra knows she could work up some potion to cure
         it but isn't sure how fast the Vong, this case Voxyen, poison
         works.

           Arawn is called to help but when it becomes clear that the
         option to move the large man is difficult to impossible.  He
         tells some of the others to give him a blocking view to the
         prisoners.  Zhou, Kiet and Caladan block the view of Arawn
         to the prisoners.

           Arawn does a quick check on the large bard to ensure his
         breathing is stable.  Then he places hands on the large man's
         chest and quietly casts his negate poison spell.  It was done
         once in Pavassa during the Vong attack there.  But now it seems
         more serious.  Last time he recalled there was a small green
         hue but its not a great visual field.  But he has no choice as
         it would be difficult to move the large man to a secure place.

           Speaking the strange words he lets the spell flow through the
         chest of the giant and directs it toward his leg wound.  HE
         knows the spell went off but at this point is not sure it is
         working to attack the poison.

           Z'leyra bends down and tends to Raban's wounds cleaning and
         dressing the small wounds by the amphistaves.  Z'leyra directs
         Arawn to Lin who seems to be also affected by poison.

           Doing the same cover around Lin, Arawn does the same procedure
         to try to attack the poison.  The spell goes off and he waits
         a few moments.  Captain Lin's eyes begin to flicker and he
         stirs a bit dazed but only coughs once. "Did a boulder fall
         on me?"

           Caladan explains he fainted or collapsed.  Soon Z'leyra comes
         to treat the military man.  Within moments Lin's muscles seem
         to flex and get stronger by the second.

           Zhou sits by Raban's shoulder and heads to ensure the giant
         will wake up.  As Z'leyra and others attend to others he
         begins to remove his boot to clean sand from it. He unfolds
         a sweat drenched sock and rings it a second then places it
         back onto his foot.  As he does this Raban begins to stir
         and sniff.  He rolls his head to glance around and notices
         Zhou's dirty sock is a foot away from his head.

           "Oh hi!...I was..well..it worked!" Zhou smiles and pats the
         giant on the chest.

           "Maybe I was tired more than I thought."  Raban tries to sit
         up and takes it slowly.  Zhou whispers that Z'leyra believes
         it a poison.  "Did she ...suck it out of me?"  He grins and
         scratches his leg. Zhou explains Arawn used a spell.  "Well,
         I guess that works as well "  A few moments later Raban stands
         and gets to his feet.

            By now Lin also stands and helps to organize the prisoners.

            Z'leyra asks Farseeker if he needs healing.  But he believes
          that he can take another wound for now before it gets serious.

            Z'leyra also asks about Raban's wound.  But the giant simply
          states that it might kill normal folks but he could take some
          serious damage so no magical healing for now.

            Captain Lin listens to Z'leyra's question.  He looks a bit
          concerned about magic. But by now he is in the thick of things.
          Should he taint himself more by this vile group? He knows the
          Vong hurt him badly.  But is it worth dying with evil magic in
          his blood? He debates this for some time as Z'leyra goes from
          person to person.  Lin watches the prisoners.  If Unali decides
          to let the prisoners escape outside maybe Lin will go with them
          to direct them?  He might need his wits and health by then.

            Captain Lin finally agrees to healing.  But it shows he is
          clearly hesitant.  Z'leyra tells him to close his eye and
          just think of it as fast natural healing.  Finding a small
          quiet place, Z'leyra casts her healing spell upon the fighter.
          The spell works and his wounds begin to shrink or fade fully.
          Z'leyra checks his wounds and finds that he goes from moderate
          damage to light.

                ------------------------------------

            As Arawn, Z'leyra and others treat the wounded others do
          their own tasks.  Inside the cell with the naked Faerry
          girl, Fremea considers her options.  She walks around the
          Embrace of Pain and also examines the wounded Faerry.  Her
          missing wing is disgusting to her, one of the worst taboo
          to the culture.  The coral in her neck, leg, foot and missing
          right breast is hard to see.

            Fremea doesn't recognize the girl but that isn't too surprising
          to her as many in the world she will never meet.  The girl looks
          up and into Fremea's eyes.  "It is no use.  Leave and be free
          while you can."

            Fremea ignores the girl and bends down to examine the torture
          device.  Fremea shifts her quiver and this forces her to reveal
          a part of her shoulder hidden most times.  The girl stare and
          squints as if in thought.

            "The demons abound....the food rises...men drown while women
          sing....ever see a forest giant put out a fire with his
          male member?" The Faerry seems to be rambling.  Fremea wonders
          if this is a form of poison, delusion or something else.  "Smoke
          is hard to eat but sand is easy to drink..."

            Fremea wonders if she has become insane.  Fremea steps back and
          raises a hand.  She begins to speak the words of one of the
          most ancient of Sidh spells.  "Hills have eyes, clouds have
          ears and trees have noses." The girl seems to ramble on as Fremea
          speaks her words.

            As the spell ends the Embrace of Pain, the living portion of
          it begins to shudder.  To normal human hearing there is no noise
          but her hearing seems to notice a slight hum about the room.
          Fremea's eyes notice the wood like Vong Embrace creature or
          creatures seem to shiver.  "Water smells but odor tastes good."
          The female Faerry continues to seem to speak wildly.

            As if in a desert summer mirage the Embrace of Pain begins
          to vibrate and swell then collapse smaller.  A few seconds
          later a slight crack can be heard then a second and third.
          It is as if wood cracking on a fire.  Fremea inches forward
          and then reaches over to the top which looks like a stockade
          where the Faerry's girls and head is held in place.  Fremea
          pulls upwards and the once locked top portion seems to
          move with some reluctance.  Then it moves sideways and
          Fremea quickly pulls the naked Faerry away.

            The girl falls to the stone ground and Fremea sits down
          besides her.  "The stars were so bright home."  Fremea
          considers her next move in regrowing and healing the girl.
          "It will...end.." The Faerry's eyes seem to blur and then
          form up as if waking from a haze.  "Thank...thank you.
          But I fear...it is ...too late."

            Fremea tries to reassure her to remain calm.  "Fremea...
          I've heard stories of you."  Fremea looks startled and
          wonders how she knows of her name.  "The mists of Furlon
          Falls are sparkling best at noon." The girl seems to lose
          more sense and as quickly as it comes changes back to her
          possible normal personality. "...I left Donard...when
          the purge began...it seems your parents..."

            Fremea feels the girl's body and finds odd things as if
          scars of being worked on and her body split upon.  She is
          confused by the sight of many scars.  She raises a hand
          in hopes to get her wing regrown.

            But the girl raises her hand. "No.  The creatures have
          replaced many of my body organs with their own.  It would
          take too many spells.  My brain they worked on as well...
          it is confusing to concentrate...but I must keep strong
          to help you...I do not have long to ...the Sidh Boar mates
          better when the Tubara plants are in full bloom....the
          heart was worked on...if I lose concentration I'll not be
          able to ...help...my name is Ta'ili...I fled..no...I
          told you didn't I? ...no...no healing...I rather die
          free in the arms of a sister....but first...there is
          something I need to tell you...if I can only concentrate."

            Ta'ili begins to whisper up at Fremea as if some parent
          are about to catch them talking privately.

            At the end of the information shared to her, Fremea wonders
          if she should still try to heal the girl or if her words
          are true on her organs.

                ------------------------------------

            Farseeker stares at the men and women.  Even if some could
          get weapons to the men the women are villagers. They couldn't
          fight off a wild cat with a broom.  He crosses his arms.  But
          some of the men look to be like hunters or could at least
          handle themselves in a brawl.  Maybe a third of them but knowing
          them they might not want to leave their friends and family.

            The well muscled man raises a hand to the crowd to silence
          their banter.  He hopes the aren't working the details out
          on the group before them.  Captain Lin steps beside Farseeker
          to give him some help. "Anyone of you can help us out with
          what lies beyond that door?" Farseeker points to the Vong
          entrance guarded by Ben'dar.

            Several murmur to themselves a bit unsure of if this is some
          possible trick.  Maybe the peace brigade folks are trying
          to trick them.  Double crossing their Vong masters.

            Even Mun seems to be quiet.  But then he realizes the
          scene about him and the talk with the Arawn fellow. The
          others that female with the odd drum seems to have helped
          the wounded as well.  Mun whispers to the others that they
          seem to be worth trusting.

            Finally a man steps out of the crowd.  "Most of us were
          captured and forced into flying rocks.  It was ...weird.
          Then we after some time exited the rocks.  We were led down
          here quickly.  But I think we could try to give you some
          details even though we didn't see much."

            Captain Lin smiles, "step forward friend.  I am Captain
          Lin of the Katai military.  My friends should be here soon
          to vanguish the enemy.  But till then all help we can
          learn will benefit us."

         Actions? Comments?

         Next Update....Monday...

         GM: A short update.  I didn't get to finish it monday so
             this will do for Friday.  I was hoping to see some
             more posts on things this and that.  If none come
             then we'll move on eventually.  That will include
             folks not healing or such.  I'll give a few more
             updates to see if folks have things to do or add.

         GM: After TWO years I'm finally getting the computer.  In fact
             today paid for it in cash.  All 3k$ but I hope this one
             will last as long as the last one (12 years).  It is
             the top of the top so hopefully it will even if the actual
             warranty is only 4 years.  Why do you care?  Well it could
             affect things.  First it will be a transition period.  I
             need to move the old computer to a different desk and clean
             up (some areas on the desk hasn't seen light of day in a
             decade).  Then move new computer.  I've already done 90%
             of software on old computer to CD or such ready to install
             on new one.  But I still have tons like Email, browser
             bookmarks, ICQ stuff and other minor things.  Due to some
             family things next week I may not be able to get a lot of
             this stuff for another 1.5 weeks.  But when I do I may
             be super busy that week and MAY not have time to do the
             updates.   I should be fine next week unless I really
             work hard to get things cleaned during the family stuff.
             I only have about 6 more 3 day weekends left this year
             then vacation again next September.  So I would love
             to play a decent game I've not played in a half a decade.
             So I hope not to get distracted in my drooling at the new
             tech and games.  But I will try to do updates when I can.
             Just don't be shocked if I get bogged down in global
             war or orc fighting or battles with the Empire.  You
             may recall during the Diablo 2 period about 4-5 years ago
             I was distracted with that.  But I tried to work on updates
             at least once a week. :)  Course Diablo 3 is due out....
             So I feel I owe you some warning of the future storm of
             events.

         GM: Poisons cured by Arawn it seems at this point.  You can
             never be 100% sure.  Status file on mana is updated.
             The Negate Poison and Fremea's spell not noted on the
             report though.  Arawn's negate spell is now +1 EL.

         GM: Still issues to resolve:

             * Prisoners take with you, leave, come back for them,
               kill them, tie them up to fend for themselves, if take
               them out the way you entered who goes with them?
               Several have spoken up as volunteers (Chion, Lin, etc.)

             * If no one wants healing it will be just bandages.

             * Arawn and the Embrace. Keep in mind you don't know what
               Fremea has done until she finds the group.  With Arawn
               wanting to check out the Shapers that may be the entire
               time he checks out the bodies before she tells him the
               details of her spell.

             * Prisoners are in decent shape other than many having coral
               implants.  Wound wise they should live most are light
               to at most Moderate wounds not heavy or critical.

             * Other stuff.

             If Arawn does end the Embrace prisoners with Z'leyra doing
             her spells we can move on once above is resolved.

         GM: Happy Veteran's day!  Thanks to all US military who helps
             to give us the right to slack in rpgs.