[pnpgm] Game Update #1167 - File #1172 - Orbs and Fire

Scott Adams longshotgm at netzero.com
Tue May 24 08:56:35 CEST 2011

  HT Aliaver/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
  R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
  R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
  R1.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
  R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 NPC...................Zhou Kiwat........Noble...Normal/Human..Ma
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar,

     Game Web Site - http://www.furvert.net/longshotgm/pbem/index.htm
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshotgm at netzero.com

     Game Update #167 in sequence (file #1172)

        From Kell: [Re: Actions]
          Ditto.  :)
          I should have more, but sadly, don't.
        GM: Ack. Missed the joke eh? :)

         [Augado 10th, 1634TH]
         [Location: Middle Katai Plains]
         [          Mountains west of Pamau]

         [Time: 12:23am]

           Unali and Fremea glance around the cavern they have found.
         Unali is not as good so Fremea has to scan carefully.  She
         can tell the rear and right walls.  They are nearby but other
         walls are shrouded by the darkness even she can't pierce.

           Unali ensures that those who exit the tunnel are silent.
         There is no telling where they are and how things go in the
         large underground cavern.  It takes almost ten minutes before
         everyone finally leaves the tunnel.  Raban and Chion are
         especially relieved to exit.  The cramped tunnels have been
         most distressing to them.

           The only light in the cavern is a bit of flicker from what
         appears to be water.  The hole to the tunnel is behind the
         party and to the rear.  To the right is a high ceiling that
         seems to go out of sight of those who have good Sidh vision.
         To the forward area there is a small area of water that is
         about 10 feet wide and 30 feet wide but as it gets to the
         right wall it shrinks.  To the right it is unclear if the
         water continues.

           To the left Fremea discovers a rock wall that may have been
         a avalanche at one point.  The water seems to have some
         movement that indicates the water may continue under he
         avalanche area to the left.

           Fremea also finds there is a bit of breeze along the
         left wall a few feet from the water area.

           Kiet is helped with his burns by Z'leyra.  She applies some
         light ointment but its a very minor injury and will be a bit
         itchy but shouldn't any problem at all.

           The party has no idea how far the area behind the water that
         can be seen goes.  It could extend even beyond the water area
         that the Sidh can tell.

           Fremea with her small head tries to listen through the cracks
         in the wall she finds.  The breeze is strong and she can smell
         a bit of damp moisture like more water.  But after listening
         to it for a few minutes she can't hear anything.

           Arawn gets Raban to inspect the wall.  While he is a good
         person to find secret areas the skill might help to pin point
         cracks and weak areas.  Based on Fremea's sense of hearing
         the wall behind can't be that thick.

           Raban finds where the large boulder anchoring the rock slide
         and finds the place to grip.  With a grunt the giant pulls
         the boulder that may be 70 pounds out of the wall.  With
         a clink and crash the other section of the wall falls revealing
         a top portion of the wall reveals a new area.

           The party listens but there is no noise beyond.  Raban
         and a few other hauls the rocks away and creates a easy
         way to pass besides the water area.

           Fremea and Unali lead the area with all the others walking
         full up, glad to be away from the tunnel. The new area does
         indeed show more water and it soon shrinks a bit but the
         passage moves left, forward and then a bit right.  Upon
         entering the right area the two scouts notice a bit of glint
         in the forward area.  Slowing down the cave walls shine a bit
         with flickering signs of water.  For those who know underground
         survival the first glimpse of light must have been by very
         faint lichen previously.  But this light seems to be more
         brighter like non natural sources.

           Unali looks out first since she is in total black.  She has
         to slide and barely get through a slit that is a few feet wider
         than herself.  It makes breathing a bit hard and she realizes
         Raban will have hardship here.  As Unali slides down the
         damp wall the light seems to brighten.  The slit itself is
         maybe 4 feet wide opens up to the passage where the party is
         and now to a larger cavern.

           Unali has to extend her left hand back to the passage and
         her right hand toward the new cave.  Her back is flat
         to the right of the slit.  Unali finds the cavern to be huge.
         But her eyes adjust to light in many ways.  Above her she
         can see what looks like o large underground pond maybe
         hundreds of feet wide.  She can't tell the orientation of where
         she is terms to the lake but it looks like she may be on the
         side near one corner.

           But dotted along the water are torches that flicker brightly.
         Either this is the spring source or end or a new water area.
         As Unali squints she can tell figures dotted along the water
         area maybe 50 or more feet away.  Even though there is torches
         the figures are in shadow due to distance.

           The other thing she notices is a faint odor of maybe sulfur
         and other smells she can't place.  At one section she can see
         things above the water wave like grass.  But it takes her a few
         moments to figure she has seen it before.  The floating bed
         of stalk cat of nine tail plants flicker in some unseen wind.
         The amphistaff growth seems to be enough for hundreds of
         Vong people.

           Another area along the left she can see white like structures
         and soon realizes they have to be Orbs.  The Vong Orb communication
         animals are numerous as well.

           Unali estimates there may be half a dozen Vong around the
         pond but her vision isn't perfect due to the darkness.  She
         knows she could use that darkness to hunt them.  The torches
         are good for viewing but leaves plenty of shadow for her and
         others to move around.

           In the immediate area the cave ceiling could be as tall as 80-100
         feet.  The immediate area shows that the nearest torch is to the
         left about 60 feet away but the light only flickers faintly half
         that.

           Unali squeezes back through and let's Fremea give a better
         view as only one person at a time can pass through.  Unali
         then explains what is beyond.

           "A growing area for their things like at Lake Oca." Farseeker
         nods and glances at the slit wondering how Raban will get past.

           "Well if the Vong know we are here they would have been
         here by now.  That or they are ignoring us."  Caladan adds
         his voice.

         [Time: 12:39am]

         Actions? Comments?

         Next Update....Friday...

         GM: A small update.  But it is Sacred Day so I'm excused.
             I'll work up a mini map for next update or in a day
             or two if needed.

         GM: Hope to see more responses in the future.  We have 7 or so
             active folks.  I know folks are active and busy. But these
             updates will go slow until combat starts.  This is so decisions
             can be made.  I won't move folks without input.  So that
             if folks die they can't blame me later. :)  This isn't
             a complaint just a warning from this point to add in the
             decision in your hands.  Even if its just one or two that'll
             be enough as long as suddenly no replies come in when the
             party is facing a 30 foot set of dozen Vong beast and about
             to be bashed in I can't be blamed if no response. :)

         GM: So no rapture saturday.  Guess that means the game will
             continue.  Means work for me.  At least I didn't sell all
             my goods like the dwarves did.  One sold all his Troll
             snot collector and Ale rusty mug mold collections.  I
             told him he'd not be raptures but he fell for it.  Oh well
             dwarves aren't so smart.  But at least today (or was)
             Sacred Day (23rd) as it was birthday day.  Now they have
             to find me some new virgin slaves for gifts.

         GM: Been research on new computer.  Looks like with win7 64
             bit I'll lose my love Edit the simple dos text editor
             in windows.  Its what I use for all updates and work since
             its far faster, efficient and simpler than word or notepad
             or wordpad.  Sigh.  I'll have to do some other system
             eventually.  Hope the updates don't get affected.