[pnpgm] Game Update #165 - File #1167 - hot and cold

Murtha, Mark Mark.Murtha at dishnetwork.com
Tue May 17 17:00:40 CEST 2011

[ Scott, good post.  I like your descriptions, the little steam/heat vents etc and rats all add.  Considering what you just went through, thank you.  Keep up the good work, and keep on getting better. We are all pulling for you.

Mark   ]

[OOC, part 2.  Almost posted for the order, but just let things fall as they may.  That is about where I would have suggested placing Kell.]

[OOC, part 3.  V was not renewed for a third season by ABC.  Dang Bums! Hope SyFy picks it up.  Still haven't seen season 2. :( ]

Watching the cave as warily as possible, Ha'Kell uses all his senses.  His trusty banded shield on his left arm, and a nice new looking spear in his right hand.  The spear almost gleams when there is light, and the tip is very sharp with a good long point for driving into weak spots.  A second spear is across his back, with his trusty tulwar at his hip.  Sadly he chose to leave the bastard sword on his horst, it's size and weight possibily a hinderance in these tight quarters.  Looking as he walks, the half-elf is wary for Unali's and Fremea's backs.  Hes using his height over Fremea to watch for anything.

Taking Squirt firmly and looking the critter in the eyes, making sure he's paying attention, "Stay close. Don't wander. You can easily be killed."  Kell gives a few more instructions, making sure Squirt understands as much as possible.  He's rather fond of the little guy and doesn't want to loose the little critter in here.  Ending with, "Stay on my shoulders and watch. I will let you down when it's safe," making sure Squirt is somewhat following, even though he'll be antsy and want to climb down and go exploring.  Kell makes sure Squirt stays on his shoulders and out of the way.

As the party moves deeper and deeper into the tunnel, down into the earth itself, he is fascinated.  Both by the cave, and wondering about the effect of some magic in this tunnel.  What would happen if he used his Whirlwind in here?  Besides possibly smacking around all his friends?  What about summoning an earth elemental?  They can move through the earth as air to everyone here.  Could they just popup behind a Vong and drag it into stone, then leave it there?  What about some way to find either the vong brain, or some of the bugs?  Detect should work, but the radius is too small.  Location is a better idea, but does Kell know something specificially enough for it to be useful?  The half-elf continues to watch and think as the group starts crossing the bridge over the lava.

Are there crystals and formations inside here?  Any lava rocks or other interesting natural phenomen?

Heading down the long slop Ha'Kell wonders where is the customary water?  Don't the vong need some kind of special water?  He'll ask to those around him, "What do the Vong need water for?  Other than growing weapons and their special gear?"

Approaching the split, Kell take a long moment to examine both the left and right tunnels.  He even smells them, looking for a difference.

[Er, have more but no more time right now.  Will post a followup.]