[pnpgm] executioner skill

Murtha, Mark Mark.Murtha at dishnetwork.com
Thu Jul 21 22:57:28 CEST 2011

Hi Dave,

My opinion.  These are only my opinions and should in no way be construed as legally binding.  :-)

------------------------
Question:
Say the character has captured and bound a victim,and uses the skill to kill them with, say, a dagger.  Does the skill still apply?

Answer:
Yes.  Heading of the table:
Executioner Skill Effect
So, the Executioner is a secondary skill that impacts the primary skill.  (Maybe vice-versa, let's not debate that now.)  They work together.  Whatever weapon is used to execute with still applies.  (Oh, we can call this the combined skill rule - when 2 or more skills all work together.  Now what if you're also a Martial Artist?  Do those bonuses apply?  I'd say yes.  That is scary...)

Kinda like Assassin or Martial Arts skills and a weapon skill.  They work together.

------------------------
Question:
The executioner, if successful with his skill, would also get the EL*2 subtracted from the attack roll (he knows best how to control the victim and keep him from squirming?) AND the extra damage listed above.

Answer:
Yes.  Because the skills work together (or more accurately the character uses the skills together), you get them all.  Pretty darn deadly, huh!?

Question:

How would you determine the dificulty level of the execution?  Other restrictions?

Answer:
This is more subjective, and situationally based.  I can argue it several ways, but really, it'll be the GM in the end.  Bring lots of snacks for him/her. :)  Why does it matter?  Not sure this has an effect on the rules.
My answers are aimed more at the execution portion, not the torture portion of the skill.

That's my $0.015

Mark